AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-06, 08:24   Link #1
Rurouni

Other series like Death Note?

I watched Death Note a week ago and really loved it. Seen it completely in 3 days Maybe I liked it because it was something different then what I usually watch, like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, FMA etc. So does anyone know other good series in the genre like DeathNote?
Old 2007-10-06, 08:46   Link #2
tbl
Affably Evil

The automatic recommendation for anime like Death Note, is Code Geass. The protagonist is very comparable to Light. I think Code Geass's protagonist is even more bad ass than Light.
Spiral: Suiri no Kizuna - The protagonist is also intelligent and is sought of a detective. He's not evil or even an anti hero like Light and the guy from Code Geass though.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2007-10-06, 10:03   Link #3
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Monster

MTS
Old 2007-10-06, 10:13   Link #4
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
i've got to say it but code geass is really sexii it's errr.....can't describe it properly....that how magical it is
Old 2007-10-06, 17:04   Link #5
Rurouni

Ok maybe I'll check out this Code Geass. And is Ghost in the Shell also kinda the same genre? a friend of mine own the TV boxsets, that I can borrow if I wanna
Old 2007-10-06, 21:23   Link #6
Autumn Demon
~

paranoia agent is like death note
Old 2007-10-06, 21:30   Link #7
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
about Code Geass.... I second it, as long as you can get past the girly character designs... it took me a while to warm up to the show because I couldnt stand looking at some of the designs the first time around

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume
Old 2007-10-06, 21:37   Link #8
rooroobearr
Romancy Harems

Location: Let me look outside... Where the hell is this place?Oo
Send a message via AIM to rooroobearr
i think the way they drew the characters were all Sexxii
Old 2007-10-06, 22:28   Link #9
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Code Geass character design was by CLAMP, and the characters are fairly normal for their style. See other CLAMP series (Magic Knight Rayearth, X, Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicles, xxxHolic etc) if you like their style.

As for series like Death Note, none really come to mind, as DN was rather unique. Monster may be marginally comparable. Speed Grapher, too, for the darker gothic type setting.

I wouldn't say Ghost in the Shell is similar at all, but it's still good all the same.
Old 2007-10-07, 09:52   Link #10
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

I second Code Geass ( morality, power.. ) and Monster ( thriller ).

By the same author and in a complete different category, Hikaru no go because of the "genius vs genius" storyline.

Last edited by Sarugaki; 2007-10-07 at 11:11.
Old 2007-10-07, 09:58   Link #11
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Third for Monster.
Old 2010-10-22, 03:10   Link #12
Nocturne Dragon
Holy Judgment

You should watch Darker Than Black, Anime is mysterious and dark and I think that you will like it.
Old 2010-10-22, 04:55   Link #13
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Try Liar Game. The mind game in that series is mind-boggling. Still number one series for a mind-battle in my list. It's not a dark series though.
Old 2010-10-22, 09:34   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

@^: the manga is pretty dark, probably less of a mess though since you can take your time and process the information
Keep in mind the Mirai Nikki OVA that will be airing soon-ish, an extra vote for Code GEASS, and...hmm, Higurashi maybe?
Old 2010-10-22, 10:55   Link #15
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Code Geass comes to mind for me as well with regards to an anti-hero. It was, an amazing series. Everything came together perfectly at the end for me, it was amazing. It still blows my mind sometimes.

As for the dark tone, then Monster is great. I only read the manga so I don't know what the anime was like, but the story is amazing.

Darker than Black also fits the anti-hero and dark themes. That too is an awesome series that you'll be wrapping your head around for a long time after you finish it.
Closed Thread