AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-01-27, 00:55   Link #621
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I think the only thing I regret not being seeing in this season of SnS is the relationships between the main characters: I would love to know more about Chiara, Sale, Sophie, Khamsin, Rebecca,....

I mean, the previous seasons were full of that, but in season III there are a bunch of new characters and we know so little about them.
Chiara and Sale have like half volume, but it's only a side story. On other hand, Khamsin and Rebecca do not have any not animated major event prior the Snake's arc.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 12:15   Link #622
elleinad00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philippines
Quote:
'Cup of Corrupting Indulgence' Pirsoyn, and shook her head as if she gave up.
This is from vol. 22 chap. 1 so Prisoyn is a girl? is he/she?
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 14:11   Link #623
Mad_Scientist
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad00 View Post
This is from vol. 22 chap. 1 so Prisoyn is a girl? is he/she?
The translator might have been guessing. As I understand it, in Japanese pronouns and theirs uses are a bit different than in English, so oftentimes there's no way to know. Which then causes an issue with translating to English, because the translation becomes incredible odd sounding and cumbersome if the words he/she are never used.
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 14:45   Link #624
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Chiara and Sale have like half volume, but it's only a side story.
In which volume? do you think the anime will adapt it ?
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 19:56   Link #625
elleinad00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
The translator might have been guessing. As I understand it, in Japanese pronouns and theirs uses are a bit different than in English, so oftentimes there's no way to know. Which then causes an issue with translating to English, because the translation becomes incredible odd sounding and cumbersome if the words he/she are never used.
oh thanks for that so till now it s still unknown if prisoyn is a boy or a girl....
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 20:25   Link #626
alvinkhorfire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
^
My guess is that the gender of Pirsoyn is left ambigious, just as the origin of Shana.
__________________
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 22:10   Link #627
Elf song
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
In which volume? do you think the anime will adapt it ?
Sale and Chiara are the leading protagonists in volume 15 excluding the prologue and epilogue parts. But I think J.C. won't animate about their story.
At best, they maybe animated in a flashback scene.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 14:30   Link #628
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thanks.. I think it's too late now for JC .... we must be in volume 20 or 21 ...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 07:50   Link #629
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
I don't think that JC even bother at showing the contents of Volume XV, but they are surelly going to animate the Sale's birth as Flame Haze.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 07:51   Link #630
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Thanks.. I think it's too late now for JC .... we must be in volume 20 or 21 ...
Side story is possible.

Although I would prefer that to be Eternal Song
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:01   Link #631
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Argentina
Age: 19
Quick question, what does it mean at the OP2 (Serment) the word "shinpuu"? I searched for it and the only traslation that makes sense is "new style", but it still looks kinda out of place.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 13:28   Link #632
Elf song
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Quick question, what does it mean at the OP2 (Serment) the word "shinpuu"? I searched for it and the only traslation that makes sense is "new style", but it still looks kinda out of place.
Spoiler for official lyrics:


Is it the one that I bolded?
It should be closest to your "shinpuu".
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:06   Link #633
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Quick question, what does it mean at the OP2 (Serment) the word "shinpuu"? I searched for it and the only traslation that makes sense is "new style", but it still looks kinda out of place.
Based on the Sofiel dictionary. It means "God of Wind"

But when you hear the song, it sounds like she's saying shinpuu. But I think you misheard that for "Simple as that". (I've heard it over 60 times now to tell)
__________________
Illya & Miyu from Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ☆ ILLYAMyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: TheEroKing
Signature from: TheEroKing

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-02-03 at 23:38.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 22:40   Link #634
Elf song
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I agree with Hooves. "Simple" is usually pronounced as "shinpuru" in Japanese.
Elf song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 23:39   Link #635
Yuno
Balanced Diet
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: !ouY htiW
Send a message via Skype™ to Yuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Based on the Sofiel dictionary. It means "God of Wind"

But when you hear the song, it sounds like she's saying shinpuu. But I think you misheard that for "Simple as that". (I've heard it over 60 times now to tell)
You are my hero, a very thorough helper that is what you are. Kudos to you my dear friend~
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 13:55   Link #636
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
We saw that sophie's army managed to escape.. but what about the different wars around the world...? the outlaws were destroyed?

I remember wars in Egipt,Greece...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 05:27   Link #637
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
We saw that sophie's army managed to escape.. but what about the different wars around the world...? the outlaws were destroyed?

I remember wars in Egipt,Greece...
All the Bal Masque forces got recalled back to Sereiden
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 21:21   Link #638
taichi-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
oh yes They mentioned it in the anime,sorry my mistake.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 10:20   Link #639
elleinad00
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philippines
I have great big question here

Quote:
She is also implied to be Shana's mother.
Found it here: http://shakugan.wikia.com/wiki/Mathilde_Saint-Omer

WTH is that true?!?
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 10:33   Link #640
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
That's news.....

So who's the father? Merihim? Obviously not....nor is it Alastor....
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.