AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-17, 12:22   Link #301
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo91 View Post
Someone was selling a Nissan Fairlady Z with part of that pic as its paintjob on the Forza 2 auction house. Needless to say, I was quickly outbid (price ballooned to $300,000).
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 15:59   Link #302
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Someone was selling a Nissan Fairlady Z with part of that pic as its paintjob on the Forza 2 auction house. Needless to say, I was quickly outbid (price ballooned to $300,000).
I have to see this to believe it, got a link?
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 01:10   Link #303
cleo1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam
I found these on Deviant art





cleo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 01:14   Link #304
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
I found these on Deviant art

Is that Shana or Lisianthus (Shuffle!)?
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 01:19   Link #305
cleo1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Amsterdam
well the artist says it's Shana
cleo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 01:25   Link #306
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Artist
]I think this is the first time I've drawn the same character twice. Most of the time I just get bored of drawing the same person again but not sure why this time I wanted to draw her again.
Uh, yeah... probably because it wasn't exactly Shana, just a red-haired girl wearing the same uniform in a fiery background cosplaying as Shana...

The eyes might need a little work, because it's deceiving my own eyes.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 06:27   Link #307
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: -0,-0,-0,-0: The Brink of Time
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Uh, yeah... probably because it wasn't exactly Shana, just a red-haired girl wearing the same uniform in a fiery background cosplaying as Shana...

The eyes might need a little work, because it's deceiving my own eyes.
This is sarcasm, right? It looks like Shana to me, and far moreso than a lot of fanart does. And the eyes are burning red-hot, just like they ought to be. It just looks like a good piece of Shana art to me.

Do you have some weird expectation that every drawn Shana look like a superdeformed Shana-tan stuffing her face with a meron-pan? Her face here looks like when she first met Yuuji.
__________________
The more that you resist the tide
The more it pulls you in
The more you hang on for your life~


Last edited by Arcc; 2007-12-18 at 06:47.
Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 08:34   Link #308
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
This is sarcasm, right? It looks like Shana to me, and far moreso than a lot of fanart does. And the eyes are burning red-hot, just like they ought to be. It just looks like a good piece of Shana art to me.

Do you have some weird expectation that every drawn Shana look like a superdeformed Shana-tan stuffing her face with a meron-pan? Her face here looks like when she first met Yuuji.
Yes, it is sarcasm. Can't believe you actually took that seriously.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:13   Link #309
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
I have to see this to believe it, got a link?
http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions Go Here. Under "Make", select Nissan. Under Model, select "1969 Fairlady Z". Under Design, select yes. The car's currently selling for at least 1 Million credits. I think the seller was the one that won the original auction (I lied, it sold for around 16000CR, but I couldn't keep up since I had already spent some cash on other cars). As of this post, the auction ends in 13 hours UNLESS someone buys out the auction. You can't rotate the car (the part of the Christmas Shana pic is on the hood), so I hope you recognize the katakana. Better yet, if you HAVE an XBOX360, FM2, AND a XBOX Live account, you can check the actual auctionhouse yourself.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/1186390.aspx

These guys are discussing the paintjob as well. I'm going to post that mag cover in that thread.
__________________

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-12-24 at 01:30.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 01:46   Link #310
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
http://forzamotorsport.net/auctions Go Here. Under "Make", select Nissan. Under Model, select "1969 Fairlady Z". Under Design, select yes. The car's currently selling for at least 1 Million credits. I think the seller was the one that won the original auction (I lied, it sold for around 16000CR, but I couldn't keep up since I had already spent some cash on other cars). As of this post, the auction ends in 13 hours UNLESS someone buys out the auction. You can't rotate the car (the part of the Christmas Shana pic is on the hood), so I hope you recognize the katakana. Better yet, if you HAVE an XBOX360, FM2, AND a XBOX Live account, you can check the actual auctionhouse yourself.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/1186390.aspx

These guys are discussing the paintjob as well. I'm going to post that mag cover in that thread.
Too small to see but if that's true, it's pretty interesting to see how much value Shana has. Maybe I should start a business selling office equipments with Shana stickers on them.
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 02:07   Link #311
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Your call: Shana or not?

Spoiler for Huge image:
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 02:38   Link #312
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Your call: Shana or not?

Spoiler for Huge image:
*Air pumps out of nostrils* Doesn't matter! *hug* Win, win situation either way.

Very very cute picture... but, I can't help but thinking it's a trick question seeing how the inside of her eyes are different, her grins rather unlike Shana, wings too short, different hair color as well as overall color(this probably doesn't count, but meh) although hairstyle is the same, in addition to, maybe, the width of eye dash, and an extremely short line for the nose. I say no, but, maybe the art of another character by the same artist? Or a different character with the same name? Or possibly just something to get me thinking for no reason ...

My answer is no, though, it's not Shana.
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 02:46   Link #313
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
Spoiler for Hot springs, anyone? Possibly NSFW:
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 02:52   Link #314
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Location
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Spoiler for Hot springs, anyone? Possibly NSFW:
Too tempting to save... although Kazumi's face looks strange, but Shana is
__________________

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 08:51   Link #315
Devard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Too small to see but if that's true, it's pretty interesting to see how much value Shana has. Maybe I should start a business selling office equipments with Shana stickers on them.
Yes, it is very hard to see the image, but on the car's right hand side (our left), you do see the text シャナ embedded on it.

Thanks for the link, HashiriyaR32.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:14   Link #316
cruiser_2710
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to cruiser_2710
i believe i have not posted this here before

Spoiler for picture's too big:
__________________
cruiser_2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 12:21   Link #317
minhtam1638
Missing In Action
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Your call: Shana or not?

Spoiler for Huge image:
Azamaria from Chrono Crusade.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 14:20   Link #318
OverFunk
2014 is the year
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26


Fresh from episode 12. Too much cute.
__________________

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 00:29   Link #319
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: -0,-0,-0,-0: The Brink of Time
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Too small to see but if that's true, it's pretty interesting to see how much value Shana has. Maybe I should start a business selling office equipments with Shana stickers on them.
Virtual money in a racing video game (they were talking about the price being inflated by glitches in the couple of posts I read in that thread) doesn't exactly constitute a real-world market. It would be more interesting to see how much a real car with that paintjob would sell for on ebay. There are enough impulsive collectors with too much pocket money that they didn't have to work for in the world that the result might be amusing.
__________________
The more that you resist the tide
The more it pulls you in
The more you hang on for your life~

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-25, 02:07   Link #320
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Flonyard, Divergence 1.0458586%
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post


Fresh from episode 12. Too much cute.
OMG!!! Shes soooooooo CUTE!!!!!
__________________
KeithKurogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
images

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.