AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-01-25, 00:45   Link #41
cf18
Mecha Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Like most Shonen Jump manga, the ones that made the popularity spot light will suck since the publisher will force the creator to continue a story that should have ended. I never actually bother to read HxH, but I have heard a lot about how disgruntled the HxH writer has been in recent months. The extreme sample is this page from the latest chapter #207:

http://www.urphoto.com/users/141980/...21179qgdyn.jpg

Yes it is a real page published on Jump.


As for one piece, it got really boring after the crocodile chapters and I just gave up on it.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 00:52   Link #42
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuchen
GOOD or GREAT is what we (those who seen the series and like it) gave it, and it is purely our opinion; but if there's difference if opinion, i guess all we can say is that we all have different taste, right?
All you did was horn in here without giving any reason for anything. Taste ("A personal preference or liking") and opinion ("A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing") are not the same thing. People have a right to what they like, but it is reasonable to call their opinions into question.

Other than a bunch of stuff about "well, after 36(!!) episodes you have gotten to know the characters and it gets interesting" and something about "Nen," I haven't seen any justification given for calling this kid's series a great show. Until this series has proven the test of time, I don't want to see the word "great" associated with it.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 01:39   Link #43
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
All you did was horn in here without giving any reason for anything. Taste ("A personal preference or liking") and opinion ("A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing") are not the same thing. People have a right to what they like, but it is reasonable to call their opinions into question.

Other than a bunch of stuff about "well, after 36(!!) episodes you have gotten to know the characters and it gets interesting" and something about "Nen," I haven't seen any justification given for calling this kid's series a great show. Until this series has proven the test of time, I don't want to see the word "great" associated with it.
I said: the first 36 episodes are about the hunter exam, and thanks to the exam you get to know a lot of interesting characters... and then comes the part that focuses on Nen, and then the spiders (it is all I can't say I can spoil anything else) As I said before the storyline is very well developed and if you read the beggining of my post I gave a reason of why I think it a GREAT series.

As for the matter of time the series is currently in the second ova and it is GREAT.
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 01:51   Link #44
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
I said: the first 36 episodes are about the hunter exam, and thanks to the exam you get to know a lot of interesting characters... and then comes the part that focuses on Nen, and then the spiders (it is all I can't say I can spoil anything else) As I said before the storyline is very well developed and if you read the beggining of my post I gave a reason of why I think it a GREAT series.

As for the matter of time the series is currently in the second ova and it is GREAT.
you think this anime is GREAT?! I think it's GREAT too!! HxH is GREAT!!
__________________
“Sometimes when you think you’re crazy,

…You’re not…
…It’s just the voice talking…”
Kyuchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 02:00   Link #45
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Well, exactly. Himself and his loyal minions jumping up and down about this kid's show... it was almost fun for awhile but I leave it to you...
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 02:23   Link #46
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Well, exactly. Himself and his loyal minions jumping up and down about this kid's show... it was almost fun for awhile but I leave it to you...
it is not a kid's show that's for sure... there is alot of violence such as heads and arms chop off >_<
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 08:48   Link #47
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Well, exactly. Himself and his loyal minions jumping up and down about this kid's show... it was almost fun for awhile but I leave it to you...
Why do you insist its a kid's show?? You keep insisting that you have to give reasons but you don justify.... Not cool kid.

Have you even watched it??
d0d0lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 10:04   Link #48
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuchen
you think this anime is GREAT?! I think it's GREAT too!! HxH is GREAT!!
!!

I hate anime! It's for bizzare sickos! It's all crap like pokemon or it's gay porn like gravitation! OMG OMG someone told me to watch Get Bakers but I hated it because it's about two gay guys who just wanna do each other up.

I tend to not like a series as much when silly fanbois show up liking the show.

You seem to have very narrow tastes. Why don't you go watch something different? That's one of the reasons I like anime. For the diversity. There are millions of shonen anime and most of them follow the same basic plot line of:

Person A wants to be the best figher/basketball player/janitor what ever
Person B also wants to be the best figher/basketball player/janitor
Person A and B can either be best friends or worst enemies.
person A will get into a fiight against Person C.
Person C will kick Person A's ass.
Person A uses his secret move and kick's Person C's ass
Person C will either lose or use his secret move.
If Person C used his secret move person A will use another secret move.

It can get *very* repetitive. That is why I only enjoy Shonen anime in moderation.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 10:35   Link #49
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: look behind you...
diabolistic uses a special secret movie against JAppi.. a special secret move that not only cancel's JAppi's special secret move, but also renders his secret refrigerator useless!

I've been meaning to watch HxH and also Hikaru No Go.. but too many series to keep up with ^^;
__________________

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 10:43   Link #50
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Age: 35
If u guys start dissin' HXH man, I'm gonna mess u up....word!
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 13:29   Link #51
Kyuchen
FFXI-maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Send a message via ICQ to Kyuchen Send a message via AIM to Kyuchen Send a message via MSN to Kyuchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
!!

I hate anime! It's for bizzare sickos! It's all crap like pokemon or it's gay porn like gravitation! OMG OMG someone told me to watch Get Bakers but I hated it because it's about two gay guys who just wanna do each other up.

I tend to not like a series as much when silly fanbois show up liking the show.
seems to me that you're are the wrong place now.... IMHO; last i checked, AnimeSuki carries ANIME, and the forum is full of people who voice out and defends their favorite show (example: the above conversation!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
You seem to have very narrow tastes. Why don't you go watch something different? That's one of the reasons I like anime. For the diversity. There are millions of shonen anime and most of them follow the same basic plot line of:
and how would you know what my taste is? i thought only i can tell if i have a narrow taste? I do have variety, just so you know, i started BT back when AnimeSuki had at most 20, maybe 30 animes, and I have all genres

Sport: PoT, Slam Dunk, Dear Boys, Tsubasa....
Action: Get Backers, One Piece, Naruto, FMA...
Old Japan: Rurouni Kenshin (licensed DVD from Japan), Peacemaker Kurogane....
High School Drama: GTO live action and anime FMP, FMP?F....
Mecha: Macross 7 and Zero, Gundam Seed, ZZ, Victory....
Futuristic: Beebop, E's Otherwise...
Bishojo: Ultra Maniac, Kodocha, Sailormoon Live Action....
Adult(??): KGNE, GreenGreenTV, Chobits....
Detective: Conan, Kindaichi, Detective Academy Q....
Misc.:BPS, Wolf's Rain, Narutaru, Cindrella Boy....

and the list goes on.... if you want a more complete list, check the AnimeSuki series page, i have about 60% of the anime listed
__________________
“Sometimes when you think you’re crazy,

…You’re not…
…It’s just the voice talking…”
Kyuchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 23:29   Link #52
whatever123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to whatever123
well since the discussion is about why do u like the series mentioned above i would like to state my opinion

1- naruto i can understand to some extent why jappi hates naruto fanboys especially since the fake episode incidence that overreaction was way over the limit. but lets let that aside i like the series because besides the great action and smart ideas behind the jutsus, in this series u have a nice story about an orphan who is hated by all of his village for something that isnt even his mistake and working as hard as hell to seek recognition in a very courageus way, it also has some mythologies (nine tails demon) has a very good comedy, and nice drama about companionship and loyalty betrayal and revenge.

2- HxH even though the idea of "i want to seek/become stronger than my father" is in a lot of shounen animes and manga but this series has a lot of good elements to it the story is very well explained the character development is nice, they never hesitate to kill a character (which gives the story a serious look) each and every character has his own story and goal and they r willing to help each other to reach their goals

saying that the sereis is the greatest ever is very subjective it depends on the veiwer and his taste so arguing about the greatist series ever will lead u nowhere its one thing to argue about if its a good series or not but its completely different arguing that its the best ever coz there is no such thing as the best series ever it all depends on the viewer and his taste.

sorry if u dont get me i know that my english isnt really good
__________________
whatever123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:24   Link #53
Deralti
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: As far as possible from Naruto/DBZ fans
Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
well since the discussion is about why do u like the series mentioned above i would like to state my opinion

1- naruto i can understand to some extent why jappi hates naruto fanboys especially since the fake episode incidence that overreaction was way over the limit. but lets let that aside i like the series because besides the great action and smart ideas behind the jutsus, in this series u have a nice story about an orphan who is hated by all of his village for something that isnt even his mistake and working as hard as hell to seek recognition in a very courageus way, it also has some mythologies (nine tails demon) has a very good comedy, and nice drama about companionship and loyalty betrayal and revenge.

2- HxH even though the idea of "i want to seek/become stronger than my father" is in a lot of shounen animes and manga but this series has a lot of good elements to it the story is very well explained the character development is nice, they never hesitate to kill a character (which gives the story a serious look) each and every character has his own story and goal and they r willing to help each other to reach their goals

saying that the sereis is the greatest ever is very subjective it depends on the veiwer and his taste so arguing about the greatist series ever will lead u nowhere its one thing to argue about if its a good series or not but its completely different arguing that its the best ever coz there is no such thing as the best series ever it all depends on the viewer and his taste.

sorry if u dont get me i know that my english isnt really good
Your english is fine, foreign one. In fact, it was the best post in this entire thread .
And...i think what babbit means by "kid" shows, is people who act like children* watch it .


*= Dude! did you see DBZ? It totally ROCKS! I'm not gonna explain one bit why, but i'll whine and bitch until you either agree with me, get banned, or have this thread closed!
Edit: Axe to grind, Axe to grind.
The real *= argueing without any supplementation of solid evidence or proof.
__________________
Claim your wings.
I refuse to acknowledge the opinion of someone who doesn't take the aforementioned link the least bit seriously. If you can guess mine, I'll um....congradulate you!...or something O.o.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 01:51   Link #54
Azrael
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
General HxH Question

Hey i just started watching Hunter X Hunter and i really like it! Anyways, im wondering in what order i should watch the series/ova's.

I'm on episode 42 of the series and i see that there is HxH Ova, HxH Ova 2, HxH Greed Island Ovas, and HxH GI Final... so are these one and the same things or what.. kinda confusing.. thanks!
__________________
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 02:45   Link #55
Draikan7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 1)
Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 2) Greed Island
Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 3) G I Fin al
Hunter x Hunter (TV)

should be self-explanatory and yes they are all a continuation of each other.
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 02:51   Link #56
Imazul
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
When you click on the Hunter X Hunter Tv link in animesuki, it should be written in what order they go.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 04:47   Link #57
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Sorry, but that order is wrong, Draikan7. You list it from the alphabetical list, which unfortunately isn't the order to watch them.

As Imazul mentioned, go to any series details and you will see the correct order to watch them:

Hunter x Hunter (TV)
Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 1)
Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 2) Greed Island
Hunter x Hunter (OVA series 3) G I Final
...more to follow

Note that the order is extremely important as it's just one big story.

PS: As you see, Greed Island OVA and OVA 2 are the same, just different names.
__________________
#AnimeSuki IRC channel:
#AnimeSuki@irc.synirc.net
JustAnotherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 05:30   Link #58
DeluxSkillz
Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
HxH is good enuff said, i don't care what some moron says it's a good show and if you don't like it STFU
DeluxSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 05:31   Link #59
tdm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sweden
Age: 36
While I don't think HxH is the end all be all anime/manga, I still find it quite entertaining to watch/read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
Intelligent when the kid watches the parent get killed, then takes the child? What are we teaching kids today about intelligence...
Just wondering which character/scene you are talking about in HxH, since I can't remember anyone that fits that description...
Are you talking about the bear cub?
tdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 09:02   Link #60
Judo
Lazy Turtle
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Inside my Shell
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Judo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm

Just wondering which character/scene you are talking about in HxH, since I can't remember anyone that fits that description...
Are you talking about the bear cub?
Yeah I think he's talking about the bear cub...

anyways, HxH is one the better shows I have seen that are underrated =/

The show starts slow at first with the Hunter exam, people might find it boring because of that, others might find the exams interesting. Thats why I kept watching it.

The show gets alot more interesting after the exam, when Gon and Killua go to the Sky Tower Arena(I'm sorry, I don't remember the name of the Tower, because it has been a while since the last time I've seen the TV series), we are introduced to Nen, which is the "Ki,Chi,Chakra, Super Powers, Magic" or whatever of this show, Fight scenes get more action packed and alot more interesting( at least they were to me ).

Anyways, if you really didn't like the TV series, try giving the OVAs a try (I suggest the GI Final one, its the better of the 3 OVAs IMHO ), you might change your mind(or not ^^; ).
Judo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.