AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-10, 02:59   Link #21
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Sunrise, Bones and Kyoani

:3 mew

id put Bones on top, sunrise second and thirdly Kyoani
Old 2007-10-10, 09:55   Link #22
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

Don't forget studio Piero, but I don't think narutards care which studio produce naruto & bleach :P

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
Old 2007-10-10, 10:46   Link #23
andromeda0201

hmmm i'm a bit confused by the answers here, if it comes to rabid fans, i don't think Bones has that sort....I mean, i like their works a lot but unlike KyoAni, I don't see people raving about : "if bones were to do this, it will be a masterpiece!!" or... "lets have KyoAni redo every moe, harem game out there!!"
seriously, i don't think Bones and Production IG have any sort of rabid fanbase at all, if they did, Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi would not be cancelled halfway, or perhaps the relatively low ratings of Blood+ in that particular slot
Old 2007-10-10, 22:19   Link #24
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I don't know about specifics but Madhouse makes my thing tingle^^...Madhouse pretty much kicked a$$ last season with DeathNote, Claymore, and Tokyo Tribe 2 amoungst others...With the Trigun movie set to hit later this year, Madhouse has to have some rabid supporters..I know I am...Even their older titles kick a$$ historically...
Old 2007-10-11, 19:02   Link #25
Destinyblade

I think there's no doubt that Kyoto Animation leads among other studios by a long shot at the moment. There are some people who automatically rate a KyoAni show as the best show of the season even BEFORE the entire show airs.

Now, I understand that KyoAni shows really have awesome animation (I, myself, am impressed and have watched some of their shows), but no way would I (and hopefully, others) ever rate a show a masterpiece before I even saw the entire thing.

ATM, I don't think there's any other studio that has generated such a devoted fanbase. The next closest studio might be BONES or Sunrise (I give the edge to BONES at the moment, considering that Sunrise may have lost some of its rabid fanbase with SEED Destiny ), but even then, no other studio comes close to Kyoto Animation when it comes to fans.
Old 2007-10-11, 19:45   Link #26
Ultenth

I'd have to say probably KyoAni, but Clamp actually has a pretty rabid fanbase still.
Old 2007-10-11, 21:48   Link #27
Eclipze

KyoAni.

Bones' fanbase is relatively tamed, and the only series they have that can even remotely compare to most KyoAni titles in terms of # of fans/fanboys/fangirls would be FMA and to a certain extend, Eureka SeveN (Not-so-popular in Japan, but pretty darn popular in the US as far as youtube indicates).

Infact, plenty of hardcore Bones fans have been complaining about the lack of quality stories from Bones recently.
Old 2007-10-13, 03:10   Link #28
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

I think it's just many of the most rabid fans of other studios are really only fans of select shows. They may be a huge fan of FMA, but that doesn't mean they'll be all over Ouran or something. Kyoto Animation, on the other hand, seems to have more loyalty to the studio than the actual product (although, then again, that's not entirely accurate).
Old 2007-10-13, 08:33   Link #29
shiro83

I think KyoAni has impressed me with all their shows so far...
Especially Lucky Star, Kanon, Clannad.
Old 2008-03-03, 04:24   Link #30
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

I was actually going to post a new thread on a similar topic, so I decided to do a bit of thread necromancy while I was at it for kicks.
(Saves two fish with one net, eh? The originality spawns from the fact that I personally don't want to be killing birds.)

Well, though it's obviously KyoAni that has the largest real fanbase (by faar [yes, two a's]), it's very difficult to choose a second.
Sunrise and Bones were mentioned, but I actually wouldn't say that there are nearly as many fans of the studios as there are for KyoAni.
It seems like Bones has relatively few fans, and those are the ones who have seen and liked Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Ouran High School Host Club, Darker than Black, and maybe some of their other lower-key works. Obviously, not everyone would enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, and Darker than Black, so I would say that it's moreover a large group of people who are fans of each individual anime, mostly Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, and Ouran High School Host Club.
As for Sunrise, I would say the same. Code Geass is obviously popular, though liking one of their probably 100+ anime productions does not merit "fan-status". There are obviously fans of Gundam as well, but I would also say that relatively few of those who rabidly follow the Gundam series also liked the also popular My-HiMe and My-Otome, and vice-versa. These would clearly be split into followings of the series themselves, and not of the actual studio (I actually don't find Sunrise to be a particularly meritable studio. The quality of their work is rarely bad, but it's also never amazingly good. Even Code Geass, which had the potential to be one of the most popular series ever, was mildly ruined in the ending.)
Gainax gets a mention because they probably received a lot of attention following the whole "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann episode 4" debacle. They've also produced much fewer series than Sunrise or Toei, but a few of their series are very famous or popular: Neon Genesis Evangelion, His and Her Circumstances, FLCL, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, etc.
Speaking of which, I see no mention of Toei, which I've found gets much more recognition outside of AnimeSuki. Of course, seeing as they've released few impacting anime series in the last decade, (the ever-so-popular One Piece, and arguably the Digimon series), current anime fans generally care little about Toei (Its biggest hits Dragonball and Sailor Moon are mildly outdated.)

So I would say KyoAni is by far the most followed studio. Anyone who likes one of their Key adaptations would easily like the other two, and Haruhi and Lucky Star aren't exactly for "niche audiences" (okay, maybe Lucky Star ), and anyone who likes anime in general could easily get into either of these.

And on a going-out note, I'm quite fond of Studio DEEN. I liked several of the adaptation series they've produced, though I'm also aware that several of their productions haven't been as meritable. I'm looking forward to their Vampire Knight adaptation, and I may give the yaoi Junjo Romantica a try.

Well, there's my rant.
Old 2008-03-03, 07:26   Link #31
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
I'd probably have to say KyoAni on this one, their fanbase is composed of dedicated loyalty to the studio, and they consistently churn out awesome titles to keep them.....well.....placated. They even founded a pseudo-religion, Haruhiism? Anyone?

However, I'd say close seconds would probably be: Sunrise and Gainax.

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Old 2008-03-03, 07:27   Link #32
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

I think KyoAni has the most rabid fans... based on just posts in AS.. ><

I myself am a SHAFT/shinbo fanboy.. but I expect to be in the minority for quite a while.. considering the styles of KyoAni and SHAFT/shinbo are vastly different..
Old 2008-03-03, 07:35   Link #33
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
I myself am a SHAFT/shinbo fanboy.. but I expect to be in the minority for quite a while.. considering the styles of KyoAni and SHAFT/shinbo are vastly different..
There are actually quite a few of us, most of them were in the ef thread, back when it was active.

I think we can all agree that KyoAni is at least among the top, if not number one. IMO, Gainax is second. Sunrise has it's ups and downs, but it also has Gundam, probably third.

Actually, the new studio P.A. Works that does amazingly detailed animation for True Tears might be a strong newcomer from here on out. Their first project was a success on 2ch and on many, many other forums, including AS. Looking forward to their works as well.
Old 2008-03-03, 08:21   Link #34
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'd say Type Moon if it weren't for the fact that it's a gaming company, not an animation studio. I mean, have a look at the fanbase's collective tantrum over the Tsukihime anime. "Oh no, they made a slightly better than average but completely disloyal adaptation of our favourite game. Let's all act like children and pretend it doesn't exist". Someone call the waahmulance.

Obviously the correct answer is Kyoto Animation. I'm a fan of KyoAni just like many others around these parts, and they have put together a lot of really good titles, but the idea that everything they've done is gold as some would have you believe is total rubbish. The correct answer really should be Studio Pierrot, but as kucigaromeo points out, most Narutards really don't know/care which studio their favourite show(s) come from. Sometimes I find it both hilarious and bizarre that Victorian Romance Emma and The Twelve Kingdoms could come from the same studio as Naruto and Bleach. Funny how they haven't made anything good recently, though...
Old 2008-03-03, 09:33   Link #35
EXEs
Hallelujah...

KyoAni, no doubt. Although some of their fanbois are quite...intense, I think they truly deserve such a huge following, seeing how their productions truly are of excellent quality. Long live KyoAni!
Old 2008-03-04, 00:03   Link #36
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

There's only one studio where its fans would without a doubt glorify to no end any product that they made and that is KyoAni. I've never really heard anyone say : "It's Sunrise, so it must be good" (though I do hear quite often: "It's Sunrise, so it must be bad"). Shows by other studios are always judged by their quality and not by the studio that made them. Every studio makes both good and not-so-good shows and Kyoani is no exception. It's just that their fanboys often seem to forget that.

For the record, just to show that I'm not biased, I really loved KyoAni's "FMP Fumoffu" and "Haruhi".
Old 2008-03-04, 00:17   Link #37
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I heard that gundam fans can be a nuisance to some people's career (see Yukana), that much power coming from a fanbase is scary.
o.o

I have never heard of things like that before. Mind going into detail a bit more?

"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-03-04, 00:26   Link #38
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
There's only one studio where its fans would without a doubt glorify to no end any product that they made and that is KyoAni. I've never really heard anyone say : "It's Sunrise, so it must be good"
Though the fanbase isn't as rabid, I think some people might say, "It's Production I.G, so it must be good." I always give their shows at least a once-over and often stick with them. I certainly decided to watch both Seirei no Moribito and Ghost Hound in part because they are I.G productions.
Old 2008-03-04, 01:16   Link #39
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Even though my top ten is scattered among many different studios, I'll have to go with Bandai just because they produced CCS.
This thread is for what studio you think has the largest and most loyal fanbase, not which one you personally like the most.
And Madhouse animated CCS, though Bandai produced it.
Old 2011-08-18, 06:20   Link #40
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

KyoAni...

Some of their fans are not loyal but more likely stubborn

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2011-08-18 at 06:34.
Closed Thread