AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-16, 21:17   Link #241
redflame

Possibly.. and that could be when Shana fights Yuji..
Old 2011-12-16, 22:32   Link #242
Key Board
Donut

You know I've been wondering

Denizens and flame lords are the personification of concepts and thus, they take the name of mythological deities. That's how they materialize and define their existence in the human world

but it seems that there's only one name for each, and you can't inherit the name. So when someone dies the slot is gone. That name cant' ever be used again

Does this mean that the maximum number of denizens and flame lords are in fact, capped? Because modern society aren't producing new myths fast enough
Old 2011-12-16, 22:42   Link #243
Marcus H.
Tea and Crumpets from NY

The nomenclature concept is introduced relatively later into Flame Haze history.
The novels stated (I dunno where) that there are Flame Haze and Crimson Denizens who do not adopt the name of a deity. Snake of the Festival, for example.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka?.

Summer 2015: Durarara!!x2 Ten, Classroom Crisis, Charlotte, and Working! S3.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 241. Plan to watch: 33.

Old 2011-12-16, 22:46   Link #244
Key Board
Donut

maybe not, but he's obviously a reference to Ophionicus / Nuwa / Ananta . (all snakes associated with the creation of the world)

another question, are there such things as nameless mook denizens?

because I've seen more than a few doubles. Or is this just the anime saving budget.

it's particularly noticeable in the last episode where the Cthulu guy shows up twice. And skeleton guy was killed twice by Tenmoku
Old 2011-12-16, 22:48   Link #245
Marcus H.
Tea and Crumpets from NY

Quote:
another question, are there such things as nameless mook denizens?
Yes there are. Krakens, the guys who attacked the ship where Yurii appeared in the Second Season, is a class of mook denizens who probably look like squids or sea creatures.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka?.

Summer 2015: Durarara!!x2 Ten, Classroom Crisis, Charlotte, and Working! S3.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 241. Plan to watch: 33.

Old 2011-12-18, 02:36   Link #246
Cosmic Eagle
生と死の刹那に未知の結末を見る

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yes there are. Krakens, the guys who attacked the ship where Yurii appeared in the Second Season, is a class of mook denizens who probably look like squids or sea creatures.
There's also the mushroom men being featured in the anime and the orcs that Toten Glocke uses....
Old 2012-01-12, 17:43   Link #247
alvinkhorfire

Thanks to Nietono no Shana for the link.

Source: http://anime.webnt.jp/programs/view/24

Titles & Summaries for Episode 14 till Episode 17:

Quote:
■ 14話
大命宣布(たいめいせんぷ)

(1/13)
銀色の粒子へと砕かれた“神門”。しかし、それはフレイムヘイズ兵団の作戦敗北を意味していた。“神門”か ら咆哮とともに顕現する巨大な蛇。復活を遂げた創造神“祭礼(さいれい)の蛇(へび)”が宣布をはじめる。 ≫脚本=水上清資 演出=小野田雄亮 絵コンテ=堀之内元、渡部高志 作画監督=関口雅浩

■ 15話
雨中(うちゅう)の敗走

(1/20)
シャナたちの作戦“引潮”が始まった。戦場に視聴覚を妨げる自在法“トラロカン”の雨が降る中、瑠璃(るり )色の炎をともす塔へ急ぐフレイムヘイズたち。だが、敵に退路を見せる危うい作戦の真意にシュドナイが気づ く。そんなシュドナイの前に、シャナとヴィルヘルミナが現われる。≫脚本=水上清資 演出・絵コンテ=鈴木 洋平 作画監督=津幡佳明、小松原聖

■ 16話
再び、戦いへ

(1/27)
創造神復活の阻止、星黎殿(せいれいでん)の攻略、仮装舞踏会(バル・ぶとうかい)首脳部の打倒、そのいず れも成し遂げられなかったシャナたちだが、残された一手があった。だが、それには戦いに向かう恨みや憎しみ ではない決意が必要だった。フレイムヘイズたちがその行動を躊躇(ちゅうちょ)していたとき、星黎殿では楽 園“ザナドゥ”創造の宣布がなされる。≫脚本=小林靖子 演出=橋本敏一 絵コンテ=橋本敏一、米たにヨシ トモ、鈴木洋平 作画監督=柴田志郎、上田みねこ

■ 17話
誰が為に
(2/3)
南北アメリカ大陸を“徒”から守ってきた大地の四神。今は、三神となった彼らに共闘してもらうため、シャナ はニューヨークにいた。そのころ“ザナドゥ”創造の地と宣布された日本では、“徒”とフレイムヘイズが戦い を繰り広げていた。≫脚本=白根秀樹 演出=未定 絵コンテ=高田耕一、渡部高志 作画監督= 未定
Thanks to those who can translate them.
Old 2012-01-12, 18:06   Link #248
Senshigeia

alvinkhorfire, I tried with Google translator, but it's very hard...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-01-12, 18:13   Link #249
alvinkhorfire

@Senshigeia
Yes, I agree with you that Google Translator is not accurate enough for our understanding. . Just give some time for experts like Marcus H., Elf song and others to accurately translate them.
Old 2012-01-12, 23:41   Link #250
Elf song

Sorry for the rough translate.

Episode 14 : Proclamation of the Grand Order

The God Gate shattered down into silver pieces, representing the defeat of Flame Haze Army in this war. While the giant snake manifests itself with a thundering roar, the Snake of the Festival proclaims his motive.

Episode 15 : The Retreat under the Rain

Shana's group initiates the "Ebb Tide" strategy. Tlalocan, the rain-type Unrestricted Spell to interfere with seeing and hearing sense, is casted. Lapis lazuli-colored rain is lit, leading Flame Haze to the tower for escaping. However, in front of Sydonay, who realized this plan, arrived Shana and Wilhelmina.

Spoiler for in this episode:

Episode 16 : To the Battle, again

The revival of the Snake of the Festival is stopped. Seireiden's ambush(by Wilhelmina's group) makes the center control of Bal Masque broken. Shana's group, who doesn't know when they'll recover from that, has an only option. However, to fight against the God this time, they require the determination which can't be the hatred, while most Flame Haze (who are driven by hatred towards Crimson Denizens) are hesitating from the proclamation of creating of paradise for Denizens, the Xanadu.

Episode 17 : For Someone's Sake

In America Continent, there are people who protect the world from Denizens; they are called "the Four Gods of Earth". But now, only three left, are to be recruited by Shana, who comes to New York to persuade them. In the other hand, Japan, where the Xanadu's creation is located, the war between Denizens and Flame Haze recommences again.

Spoiler for in this episode:
Old 2012-01-13, 06:06   Link #251
Senshigeia

Oooooohhh, looks exciting for me!Thank you Elf song!

So, another battle is about to beguine. It really looks like a II War to me, only between Flame Hazes and Denizens. But for those expecting lots of action in episode 14, I think they will be a bit disappointed - not me really: if the story must have a climax, then it must have low moments of action, to make a good contrast. I am so looking for today's episode!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2012-01-13, 08:29   Link #252
elleinad00

oh golly it's getting better-->great!!! SHOCKS

oh yeah just random I saw pics. about a shakugan no shana cafe from a shakugan no shana group in facebook.... and shocks I really want to go there!!!
Old 2012-01-13, 19:17   Link #253
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad00 View Post
oh golly it's getting better-->great!!! SHOCKS

oh yeah just random I saw pics. about a shakugan no shana cafe from a shakugan no shana group in facebook.... and shocks I really want to go there!!!
ooh, can you please state the links to the pictures please?
Old 2012-01-13, 20:21   Link #254
elleinad00

The problem is..... it's on facebook..... if you want to see it just like the the page Yuji and Shana on Fb
Old 2012-01-14, 09:37   Link #255
Elf song

About the mistake: if I remember correctly, there will be no Misaki City in Xanadu. So the city shown in OP, if it is really Misaki, shouldn't exist in the mirrored world.
Old 2012-01-14, 09:40   Link #256
alvinkhorfire

@Elf song
Thanks for generously sharing your knowledge and analysis with us as always.
Old 2012-01-14, 19:06   Link #257
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
About the mistake: if I remember correctly, there will be no Misaki City in Xanadu. So the city shown in OP, if it is really Misaki, shouldn't exist in the mirrored world.
Why won't there be a Misaki City in Xanadu?
Old 2012-01-14, 21:31   Link #258
Elf song

Because Xanadu's creation takes place in Misaki City. It's something about the distortion caused from this creation, I think. Can't remember the detailed reason, but it's explained in the last novel.
Old 2012-01-14, 22:52   Link #259
redflame

ah.. thats a bit disappointing.. oh well its still a good ending. Also another question, what is Yuji now after he had been seperated from SnH? Is he still a torch or what?
Old 2012-01-14, 22:54   Link #260
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think Yuji was fully restored--after all, if everyone else, like Yukari Hirai, were restored, I think it'd be odd if he himself wasn't.