AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-10-10, 19:33   Link #1
Myname

Media Player Classic

Does Frame Step Back (Left key) work for anyone?

Frame Step (Right key) works but it doesn't go backwards. MKV files btw if it matters.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 04:37   Link #2
Thingle
Banned

yeah it makes the voices sound funny.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 23:04   Link #3
boggart
鍵っ子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Does Frame Step Back (Left key) work for anyone?

Frame Step (Right key) works but it doesn't go backwards. MKV files btw if it matters.
I am using ffdshow in MPC and no, I cannot step back frame-by-frame on a x264 encode. Forward is okay however.
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 04:38   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

As far as I can recall that feature only ever worked properly with AVI's.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 01:26   Link #5
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
i already posted this in another thread but i thought this thread might be more appropriate, sorry for repost (@mods: delete one of them if you like)

so...
after resetting the settings (in cccp settings), i realised i cant screen capture in mpc anymore coz it was on a different setting before. anyway, in options-> playback-> output, under directshow video, what do you guys have it on? right now, ive got it on 'system default'. but i just changed it to that, coz after resetting settings it was on 'overlay mixer'. problem is that now i have this annoying flashing horizontal line at the bottom right corner of the screen when im playing something.
anyone know what to do?

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 06:01   Link #6
Eviltape

I have mine on VMR9 Renderless. Apparently that and VMR7 Renderless are the only ones supporting subtitles.
---
Main topic here. No, seeking back in an MKV is impossible. Sucks, doesn't it? :|
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 02:54   Link #7
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
i tried VMR9(renderless) and the blinking line in the corner goes away. but now the contrast/tone of the whole picture is a little TOO light, so i switched it back to system default, now the first problem is back.

禁則事項です
Old 2007-10-29, 16:59   Link #8
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

If you have a decent graphics card set it to Haali's Renderer for best results. Overlay mixer is the default in CCCP because it doesn't have any display bugs (usually) and works everywhere, but it doesn't support screenshots.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:46   Link #9
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

i tried haali's video renderer and now i just get a blank black screen, but i do get the audio ok.
this is so weird, i had no problem playing things before. i was a able to get perfectly normal picture and yet was able to screen capture, though i cant remember what it was on before. the only reason i had resetted it was because i was trying to get the subs to work on a certain fansub, hence my problem in this thread, and it didnt solve the problem anyway. i wouldve kept it as it was if i knew this was going to happen.
would it be worth trying to revert back to an older version of cccp and see if this blinking line problem goes away? because i think the first thing i did was update my cccp (to the one released on july 22nd), and THEN i seeked forum help.
EDIT: just in case i do end up trying the old version, does anyone have the install file for it? i cant seem to find it anywhere, it was either january or february one. please pm me

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2007-10-30 at 01:19.
Old 2007-10-30, 16:42   Link #10
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Have you been doing screen captures using the "print screen" key, or something from within the program? You may want to try using some screen capture programs. I used to use one called Hypersnap, and it required that you enable "DX Capture" in order to see what was on the video players. It's a very old program and may not be available anymore, but there should be others that can do the same thing.
Old 2007-10-31, 12:47   Link #11
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

ive always used the one within the program. the F5 key

禁則事項です