AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 22 17.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 10.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-15, 21:16   Link #101
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Yeah, I like Rammie... I hope he shows up again... wouldn't it be hilarious if in the end the wish he'd been saving up power of existence for was somtehing completely diabolical? XD
__________________

PhantomX is offline  
Old 2007-10-15, 21:34   Link #102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Do wonder if Khamsin and Rammie will play a role in the future events. Though from the preview you'd think that silver Tomogara will come into things. Am looking forward to when things really get going since there is a lot of interesting things they can do here just on the scale of fights and the stakes that could be on the line.

Of course you know there will continue to be the relationship area with Yuji, Shana, Yoshida, and Ike making things complicated. Do wonder if they'll toss in that Hecate look a like just to add to it all.

Do wonder if that means there is no way to access the Reiji Maigo. Could end up with the belief it's better to destroy Yuji and hope the next torch who has it will be easier to get a hold of.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now  
Old 2007-10-15, 21:55   Link #103
Eternal Haruhist
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to Eternal Haruhist
What kind of job did Sydonay had to do? and where are they right now? it was Seireiden?
Eternal Haruhist is offline  
Old 2007-10-15, 21:57   Link #104
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Haruhist View Post
What kind of job did Sydonay had to do? and where are they right now? it was Seireiden?
no, they're at some castle somewhere while Dantalion fixes Seireiden, check the scene again if you'd like.

as for what Sydonay's doing, who knows? just going to have to wait to find out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Do wonder if that means there is no way to access the Reiji Maigo. Could end up with the belief it's better to destroy Yuji and hope the next torch who has it will be easier to get a hold of.
since Yuji obviously never had a spell of that sort put on him and Mare was of course able to enter Yuji, it's safe to assume it's something that is cast on the Reiji Maigo vs. Mystes carrying it. so it would continue to exist even if the torch changed.

guess it's kind of confusing though because of what happened with Sydonay in season 1. -_- gonna have to go back and see if he ever actually touched the thing. edit: oh, he never did touch it, he just recognized what it was and then proceeded to get kicked by Margery. kinda poor planning on their part, but it still works out.
__________________
Memento mori

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-10-15 at 22:10.
ashlay is offline  
Old 2007-10-15, 23:26   Link #105
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Hrm, you know what I don't get? Mare said that that girl w/ horns or whatever from the first episode was a Mystes... I thought Mystes were supposed to be humans, as they are the ones that become torches.

Was this just poorly written (i.e. was supposed to be a Rinne) or is there another world that the Tomogara can access and get Mystes/power of existence from?
__________________

PhantomX is offline  
Old 2007-10-15, 23:37   Link #106
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Eh, this episode was kind of underwhelming. Primarily, it just reminded me of why I dislike Yoshida. Seriously...I can't help but feel I'd love this show a lot more without the silly love triangle. Wars are won with swords, not bentos.

Yuuji also loses serious points with me in this one. He's got no words of praise for the girl who took at least half a dozen hits to the gut while protecting him, but gushes over the girl who did nothing but wake up. Come on now...know where your priorities lie.

Shana's still as adorable as ever, though, so I'll keep following this show as usual.
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2007-10-15, 23:42   Link #107
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Since at some point I spoiled myself as to something really important about the Reiji Maigo, so I'm already connecting the dots with this "keeper" and so forth... but oh, well. :/

Good to see Yuji got a powerup. King-of-guze level mana? Sounds pretty awesome, but he has a long way to go before he starts shooting fireballs out of his hands. Which would be pretty funny. Does he get to shoot fireballs out of his hands in the novels? A simple yes/no would do.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 00:29   Link #108
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
Hrm, you know what I don't get? Mare said that that girl w/ horns or whatever from the first episode was a Mystes... I thought Mystes were supposed to be humans, as they are the ones that become torches.

Was this just poorly written (i.e. was supposed to be a Rinne) or is there another world that the Tomogara can access and get Mystes/power of existence from?
Mystes are torches with treasure inside. Since Ramies can borrow a torch's body, I assume Mea did the same, and the girl had that bell treasure inside her.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 00:35   Link #109
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Love the new sig Mirrinus. Good pun with the 3 uses of Urusai. Won't that item run out quick though?
Kaioshin Sama is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 07:17   Link #110
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Yes but her party member Yuuji can refill the charges 100% by saying something embarrassing
__________________

DazarGaidin is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 07:27   Link #111
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Mystes are torches with treasure inside. Since Ramies can borrow a torch's body, I assume Mea did the same, and the girl had that bell treasure inside her.
Um, PhantomX was asking why a girl with horns was a torch/mystes, not why Mare was able to control it/use it.
__________________
Tokkan is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 07:57   Link #112
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Clearly it was an average demon who got turned into a torch....Maybe the horns were fake? Some odd ability to change the shaped of the torch? Honestly don't think the people behind it were thinking that through. More like "horns are cool, let's go for it".
__________________
FlareKnight is online now  
Old 2007-10-16, 08:12   Link #113
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: middle of nowhere, Virginia
Age: 27
Poor Hanyu.
__________________
KaneDragon is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 08:28   Link #114
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Clearly it was an average demon who got turned into a torch....Maybe the horns were fake? Some odd ability to change the shaped of the torch? Honestly don't think the people behind it were thinking that through. More like "horns are cool, let's go for it".
I'm just going to have to accept this fact XD I'll just say she was a human that was very fond of cosplay >_>
__________________

PhantomX is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 13:16   Link #115
Eternal Haruhist
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Send a message via MSN to Eternal Haruhist
i dont understand how that girl can be a mistes and mare can use the hougu inside her without making her dissapear and instead making her a fighting doll. that means there are other Tomogara that may use Yuji in the same way, because the Hougu isnt being removed at the time the Mistes is controlled so the kaikin won't activate, right?
Eternal Haruhist is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 13:24   Link #116
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for ep3 summary preview:


EDIT: Now we need an episode where the characters get invited to her mansion's pool......
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-10-16 at 16:20.
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 13:44   Link #117
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Haruhist View Post
i dont understand how that girl can be a mistes and mare can use the hougu inside her without making her dissapear and instead making her a fighting doll. that means there are other Tomogara that may use Yuji in the same way, because the Hougu isnt being removed at the time the Mistes is controlled so the kaikin won't activate, right?
The Hougu is Mare's, not the Mystes'. That's what I understood at least. The Mystes could have had some other trivial treasure/hougu inside her, but what was most important to Mare was it's ability to move inside the Fuzetsus. Guze tend to have their own Hougus. This brings up another weird point... flying Mystes?
__________________

PhantomX is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 16:26   Link #118
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
The Hougu is Mare's, not the Mystes'. That's what I understood at least. The Mystes could have had some other trivial treasure/hougu inside her, but what was most important to Mare was it's ability to move inside the Fuzetsus. Guze tend to have their own Hougus. This brings up another weird point... flying Mystes?
*sigh*

Maybe Mea/Unknown Cosplay Girl will be doomed to be a filler character that left strange questions/plot holes...
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 17:11   Link #119
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fighting demons and the like
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
Hrm, you know what I don't get? Mare said that that girl w/ horns or whatever from the first episode was a Mystes... I thought Mystes were supposed to be humans, as they are the ones that become torches.

Was this just poorly written (i.e. was supposed to be a Rinne) or is there another world that the Tomogara can access and get Mystes/power of existence from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Um, PhantomX was asking why a girl with horns was a torch/mystes, not why Mare was able to control it/use it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Clearly it was an average demon who got turned into a torch....Maybe the horns were fake? Some odd ability to change the shaped of the torch? Honestly don't think the people behind it were thinking that through. More like "horns are cool, let's go for it".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
I'm just going to have to accept this fact XD I'll just say she was a human that was very fond of cosplay >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
The Hougu is Mare's, not the Mystes'. That's what I understood at least. The Mystes could have had some other trivial treasure/hougu inside her, but what was most important to Mare was it's ability to move inside the Fuzetsus. Guze tend to have their own Hougus. This brings up another weird point... flying Mystes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*sigh*

Maybe Mea/Unknown Cosplay Girl will be doomed to be a filler character that left strange questions/plot holes...


Remember Tenmoku Ikkou? He was a Mystes too, also the previous owner of Nietono no Shana.
And I also suspect he had Reiji Maigo in him too, would explain a few things

Anyway, it was explained in that episode of how Shana became a Flame Haze, that a man volunteered to become a Mystes, so it could bring Nietono no Shana to its rightful owner.
So, we can assume that Mystes can be made, and shaped according to the creator's/human's will.

Just a theory though....
__________________
FlameSparkZ is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 17:19   Link #120
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post


Remember Tenmoku Ikkou? He was a Mystes too, also the previous owner of Nietono no Shana.
And I also suspect he had Reiji Maigo in him too, would explain a few things
It was explained in that episode of how Shana became a Flame Haze, that the man volunteered to become a Mystes, so it could bring Nietono no Shana to its rightful owner.

So, we can assume that Mystes can be made, and shaped to the creator's wishes.
Just a theory though....
I highly doubt he had the Reiji Maigo in him. Tenmoku Ikkou had lost nearly all personality other than the desire to fulfill the 'wish' of the Hougu he held, and his flame was next to nothing. If he had the Reiji Maigo, his flame would have stayed at a normal level and kept his personality (like Yuji), wouldn't he?

anyway, its perfectly reasonable that a torch being used by a Denizen could have whatever shape the denizen wanted. After all, Rinne come in all different shapes and sizes depending on what a Denizen wants them to be.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.