AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-04, 16:32   Link #241
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
I agree with Ookla. There's no easy way to jump right into the manga at where the anime leaves off and understand what's going on because the anime did a hack job on the manga. It dropped critically important characters and story arcs. The stories it did show were out of manga order. Plus the anime cut out all but the barebones of the character development. If you're going to read the manga, you really need to start at the beginning with volume 1.

For example, the mysterious young man who intrigues you, fluffyduckx, debuts in volume 2 chapter 9 in a story that's continued over from volume 1. Since you wouldn't want to land in the middle of a story just to see his debut, you might as well start with volume 1. And if you're reading volume 1 for that story arc, you might as well start at the very first chapter of the volume. (If you do that, you'll learn something interesting about Alzeid that the anime hasn't shown you as of episode 9. How about that as an extra enticement? )
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2008-03-04 at 17:15. Reason: added example
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 13:16   Link #242
Elehayym
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

As much as I find this series interesting and love the voice acting for it, I keep wondering why DEEN decided to mess with the chronology like this :x It really doesn't make much sense at times for an anime-only watcher. But at least I really want to read the manga now
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 15:46   Link #243
fluffyduckx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to fluffyduckx
Okays.. i'm off to start from volume 1!!
Thanks for the replies. =)
Meanwhile, anticipating finale of the anime next week!
fluffyduckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 21:13   Link #244
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elehayym View Post
As much as I find this series interesting and love the voice acting for it, I keep wondering why DEEN decided to mess with the chronology like this :x It really doesn't make much sense at times for an anime-only watcher. But at least I really want to read the manga now
Probably because 70% of the manga shows a 15 year old girl constantly harrassed and molested by an amorous 29 year old cyborg. Another 10% are the same as above, except it's by the various perverts that show up. Animating all that would the show NSFW
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 13:40   Link #245
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Probably because 70% of the manga shows a 15 year old girl constantly harrassed and molested by an amorous 29 year old cyborg. Another 10% are the same as above, except it's by the various perverts that show up. Animating all that would the show NSFW
I disagree with your percentage, but there is some truth to what you say. Baroqueheat harasses Rahzel quite often. It's never bothered me personally because she nearly always gets the better of him in the exchange. I keep expecting him to have learned his lesson by now. (Although their interplay doesn't actually explain why the stories are told out of manga-order in the anime. Their banter is usually independent of the stories' plotlines.)

The sub for episode 7 is out. I've wanted to see the sub ever since the first raw comments started appearing because I wondered if the episode actually mentioned a critical point revealed in this story. No one mentioned it when discussing the raw. Now I know why. It's not in the explicitly stated in the episode.
Spoiler for ep 7, spoiler box since the sub is still new:


I'm really looking forward to the sub for episode 8 because I want to know about one single word that Baroqueheat may or may not have said in the final minute of the episode. Gads, but I wish I understood Japanese at times like this.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 14:35   Link #246
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for ep 7, spoiler box since the sub is still new:
Spoiler:
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 15:50   Link #247
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
My favorite gags for episode seven were:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 08:44   Link #248
noob3d
馬鹿やろ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stalker?!
Age: 24
Seems that the show is getting better and better since episode 1.I was genuinely touched by this episode.
Spoiler for for episode 7:
Putting that aside,I am now seriously in need of the manga once the show is over.I wonder why I haven't heard of the manga until now?If this keeps up I might have to start writing about it again
__________________
noob3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 12:46   Link #249
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler for ep 7, spoiler box since the sub is still new:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
My favorite gags for episode seven were:
Spoiler:
Awww...I love heat ^_^

Seriously, the stuff he comes out with cracks me up
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 13:05   Link #250
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
^^ If you got the connection, then I won't complain any more. I was expecting an explicit statement because that's how it was in the manga. But like I suggested, they probably didn't feel it was needed in the anime since the time span was much shorter.

Heat's suggestions always crack me up. It's worth reading the manga just to see what he comes up with again and again and again and again.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 17:42   Link #251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
HOLY HELL! This hurt my brain...!!!!

ep 10 - end
Spoiler:

It's official...I need the manga -___-

Edit: I mean Rahzel's father's actually
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-03-07 at 18:34.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 18:21   Link #252
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
HOLY HELL! This hurt my brain...!!!!
It's official...I need the manga -___-
I just PMed a couple of people and said that if episode 10 doesn't compel people to read the manga, I don't know what will because what a mind-blower that episode must be to people who haven't read the manga.

I haven't read the chapter this episode comes from. (It won't be released in English for a few more weeks.) But I know enough to figure out what was happening in the episode. I'm going to embed my comments in your spoiler like I did once before because it's easier for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 10 - end
Spoiler:
What a trippy episode this must have been for someone who only knows the anime.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 18:43   Link #253
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Need manga! -___-

I guess I lost the war on this one

Poor wallet ;___;
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 19:27   Link #254
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Need manga! -___-

I guess I lost the war on this one

Poor wallet ;___;
*giggles*
Good luck finding it. I hope you have better luck in the UK than some of the people in the US who are trying to find older volumes. (Glances over at Manju who can't find v03.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list

Last edited by LKK; 2008-03-07 at 19:35. Reason: added edit
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 20:05   Link #255
Ookla The Mok
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Spoiler for vol. 8:

It's remotely possible that the anime is trying to set up for a second season where they go back and cover the important arcs from the earlier part of the manga, but it's kind of artificial because
Spoiler for vol. 8:
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 20:11   Link #256
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Spoiler for vol. 8:
I see. Now don't I feel a little foolish. The manga is good at doing things like that though. Making you think one thing and then later on making you realize that what you thought you knew was wrong. (One of the many things I like about the manga actually.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
It's remotely possible that the anime is trying to set up for a second season where they go back and cover the important arcs from the earlier part of the manga, but it's kind of artificial because
Spoiler for vol. 8:
As if I needed any more incentive to want to read v08 ASAP. I know it'll be out in a few weeks, but it's gonna be a few long -- very, very long -- weeks to endure.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 20:49   Link #257
Elehayym
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


And meh, really this anime makes you want to read the manga SO much ._.;; Now I'm totally regretting not buying the manga volumes while I was in the US last month ;_;

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-03-07 at 21:21.
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 21:18   Link #258
Ookla The Mok
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Spoiler for question about ep 10:
If not, something else to look forward to in the manga.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 21:23   Link #259
Elehayym
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Spoiler for question about ep 10:
If not, something else to look forward to in the manga.
o_O;; That's shocking XD
Anyway I just rewatched the scene and he was alone =o
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 21:30   Link #260
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
No, definitely not in the episode.
Spoiler:
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
adventure, comedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.