AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 18:20   Link #81
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I think if gundam has taught us anything, its that there's always time for romance when you're at war. 0_o
or shld i say.....romance at the wrong place and wrong time?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 21:22   Link #82
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
or shld i say.....romance at the wrong place and wrong time?
There's no climax if it's at the right place and right time . Unless it become something that's lame.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 02:47   Link #83
zephyrus

From the little second snapshot of Marina in the first episode, i just can't seem to see her dying, and i hope theres none of that "oh my gosh your my everything" line which powers setsuna up and saves him from some disaster, i hope the romance in this doesnt get in the way of the action.

although i am crossing my fingers for a SetsuXmarina pairing at the moment
zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 13:20   Link #84
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Mechas are nothing but extensions of their characters, aside from the Wing Gundam Zero, at least in terms of SEED and onward. Developing mechas without the characters is meaningless.

Characters first.
Old 2007-10-19, 16:41   Link #85
lubczyk

In a sense I found Flay's death a cop-out:

Instead of Kira actually having to choose between Flay and Lacus, Flay was killed so Lacus won Kira'a heart by default.

Not that Flay's death was a bad move, it just brought a kind of cheap and sudden end to the dramatic love triangle between Kira, Lacus and Flay.

I'm not going to contiune to argue the point any longer, however.

Just some food for thought.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 17:31   Link #86
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
In a sense I found Flay's death a cop-out:

Instead of Kira actually having to choose between Flay and Lacus, Flay was killed so Lacus won Kira'a heart by default.

Not that Flay's death was a bad move, it just brought a kind of cheap and sudden end to the dramatic love triangle between Kira, Lacus and Flay.

I'm not going to contiune to argue the point any longer, however.

Just some food for thought.
Her death is no cop-out.

It was her loud mouth and anti-coordinator sentiments (I think it was that report that she tried to blast Deakka) actually got her kicked off the Archangel. If she had been a nice little girl, she would have wound up safe and sound. She sealed her own fate.

Sadly, that's what happened to Mia as well--however, I believe in an interview, Tanaka Rie originally auditioned to play Fllay, but got Lacus. So Mia was like Fllay done right. Despite her flaws, you loved her anyway for her innocence and good intentions.

If she'd gotten away, it would have been nice to see a Mia/Lacus angel bath -_-
Old 2007-10-20, 02:10   Link #87
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Her death is no cop-out.

It was her loud mouth and anti-coordinator sentiments (I think it was that report that she tried to blast Deakka) actually got her kicked off the Archangel. If she had been a nice little girl, she would have wound up safe and sound. She sealed her own fate.

Sadly, that's what happened to Mia as well--however, I believe in an interview, Tanaka Rie originally auditioned to play Fllay, but got Lacus. So Mia was like Fllay done right. Despite her flaws, you loved her anyway for her innocence and good intentions.

If she'd gotten away, it would have been nice to see a Mia/Lacus angel bath -_-
What what.... ? No. She was originally taken off the AA because she was semi-important and could still be useful. Everyone else who wasn't stayed on the AA and should have ended up dead. That is why Mwu went back to help them, even though he was also reassigned. Then she was kidnapped. Why would the EA care she was being anti-coordinator? Her being anti-coordinator to start with, had nothing at all to do with her death.

Meer's death had more to do with her own inability to get over her illusions of being Lacus. Fllay's death was tragic since she actaully was coming around and had no way to get out of her situation. Not to mention she was being played with by Rau.
Teletha is offline   Reply With Quote