AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-15, 13:42   Link #2901
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
ahh, ma'taku Ryus-san, nitpicking the details Well, I was just roughly stating them... but I won't put Dee Dee yet

ehhh what is this? Did I miss something in the translations?
Hey, it's what we do here... nitpick the details. and I would but Dietrich on the list since ch 109 all but confirms she's joined them.

Yeah... you missed something. Gernot's translated a line as follows:

そいつはミリアの金魚のフンだからな
It's because she's like Miria's shadow
(Lit: It's because she's Miria's goldfish droppings)

That line cracks me up every time
Old 2010-11-15, 13:54   Link #2902
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

LOL, I didn't realise it was the literal meanings... well most Japanese conversions sound funny in that way.

Abt Dee Dee, well I remember from way back you guys hypothised that Dee was the girl in witches maw arc... so already she got positives for joining up... but since I started later on, and didn't have such an idea, I strongly felt she might have been a spy... so for me, I would slowly warm up to her

(personally for me, I feel she is small in everything not just in height I think maybe she might be too young)
Old 2010-11-15, 15:17   Link #2903
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
LOL, I didn't realise it was the literal meanings... well most Japanese conversions sound funny in that way.

Abt Dee Dee, well I remember from way back you guys hypothised that Dee was the girl in witches maw arc... so already she got positives for joining up... but since I started later on, and didn't have such an idea, I strongly felt she might have been a spy... so for me, I would slowly warm up to her

(personally for me, I feel she is small in everything not just in height I think maybe she might be too young)
I don't know I see Dee Dee around I'd say 17-19. Not every claymore are gonna have the proportions of the ghosts. One thing 2 remember too, all the ghosts are well into their 20s! So their gonna be way more mature looking than Dee Dee.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:58   Link #2904
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

^Hmmm, then I wonder why Yagi decided to be more generous with Renee? Oh well, maybe he felt bad getting rid of over ribbon-loli queen and decided to do something for lolicons
Old 2010-11-16, 11:03   Link #2905
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I don't know I see Dee Dee around I'd say 17-19. Not every claymore are gonna have the proportions of the ghosts. One thing 2 remember too, all the ghosts are well into their 20s! So their gonna be way more mature looking than Dee Dee.
I'd like to remind you though FMA that some people have baby-faces; Claire is in her early 20's, but still looks relatively younger.

Helen called Clarice a kid, which is what she did; but didn't do the same for Dietrich. I have a feeling Dietrich is much older then a teenager.
Old 2010-11-16, 12:14   Link #2906
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I'd like to remind you though FMA that some people have baby-faces; Claire is in her early 20's, but still looks relatively younger.

Helen called Clarice a kid, which is what she did; but didn't do the same for Dietrich. I have a feeling Dietrich is much older then a teenager.
Even with a babyface Clare is older than me and I like that. Wow how old do u think Dee is?

Also how old, would Sid and Galk be now? I see Galk around the same as Galatea (early 30s) and Sid (late 20s).
Old 2010-11-16, 13:04   Link #2907
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Even with a babyface Clare is older than me and I like that. Wow how old do u think Dee is?

Also how old, would Sid and Galk be now? I see Galk around the same as Galatea (early 30s) and Sid (late 20s).
I remember making up a whole bunch of ages for the sake of my fanfic. Let's see if I remember them all for when the Organization was attacked and overthrown (I prefer my version of events to Yagi's just because I could hardly stomach what he did to Miria):

Galatea: 33
Galk: 31
Cid/Sid: 29
Miria: 28
Cynthia: 27
Deneve: 26
Helen: 26
Tabitha: 25
Yuma: 23
Claire: 22
Dietrich: 17
Renee: 20
Audrey: 19
Rachel: 19

and so on...

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-11-16, 13:08   Link #2908
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:

Probably around the same age Claire is as a matter of fact.

I remember doing the same thing Revan; I made a whole list around here somewhere.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:08   Link #2909
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Speaking of ages I wonder how old Raphaela is? I mean she so far is the longest lived claymore. She lived through 3 whole generations.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:32   Link #2910
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well, she's in her prime of life like everyone else....but if we're talking chronologically...I would put her in her 50-60's range; Luciella is more likely to be in her 60's being the older sister.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:39   Link #2911
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Well, she's in her prime of life like everyone else....but if we're talking chronologically...I would put her in her 50-60's range; Luciella is more likely to be in her 60's being the older sister.
She looks pretty good 2 be that old.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:58   Link #2912
rafael1932
claymores pimp

i made a teory but did not get feedback, except 1 vote so going to copy and past in here:

«Unless they have a spy in Rabona. »
the org is just a biological division of a powerful country, they have all means to do what they want. i can only espected that they put humans with spie training near the cities that galateia might be. a human is not traceble like a warrior

it makes me start to think that destroing just that org woun't affect them too much cause they might have more org spread all over the world ( in others inslands ). after all, if not this tecnology, that country would be annihilated by now. is simple far too important reseach to give just a tiny island ( assuming that the claymore world is as big as ours). so maybe spie rubel is lieing about his objectives.
when are 2 guys trying to win ocur this:
win-win ( everbody wins cause the discuss and negotiat things)
win- lose ( 1 is better than other)
lose-lose (LOL)

so, the 2 country are in war right now or in peace( making new weapons to use at the right time at the right hour). so they are not interessed in negotiate in the real meaning of the word ( maybe they have fear that they win atack them when they relax), so only the 2 and 3 option wil be avaliable. if the org is real interessed in wining ( they won to a lot of countrys so they must have will to it) why in hell they would use just 1 island to reseach? there are more inslands cause i remeber rubel saying that, so the world must be quite big. for me they ( rubel country ) is trying to know how to produce yomas so they may start the same research awakened beings like a big weapon rush- having some weapon againt that weapon or having the same. this can be expected if they have fear from the new and improved awakened ( which can be more powerful than the dragoon country monsters)

hey this sould be where? in here or The Claymore Universe - Supplementary Information ?
Old 2010-11-17, 22:21   Link #2913
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
That's because one's a warrior and one's an AB.

Basic stuff here FAO
Old 2010-11-17, 22:26   Link #2914
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Who says that a Claymore ages?

(At least in my fiction they don't.)
Old 2010-11-17, 22:29   Link #2915
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
That's because one's a warrior and one's an AB.

Basic stuff here FAO
Think she's old... Just look at Isley or Riful. They're WAY older and look even younger.

Shiek is right here FAO... this is basic stuff. Though the ages of Rapahela and Luciela where speculation by Shiek, I tend to agree with the conclusions he drew (plus or minus 15 years).
Old 2010-11-17, 22:32   Link #2916
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Who says that a Claymore ages?

(At least in my fiction they don't.)
Irene to Clare in Chapter 38... stating

"Warrior mature but don't age"

Simply put warrior will age grow up until they've become adults, but never grow old (frozen at their peek so to speak, lucky bastards ).

Then stating that this wouldn't change unless the warrior died or awakened (in which case they won't mature anymore (example Riful) but will revert to there human look (so they'll revert to there normal eye & hair color).
Old 2010-11-17, 22:53   Link #2917
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Irene to Clare in Chapter 38... stating

"Warrior mature but don't age"

Simply put warrior will age grow up until they've become adults, but never grow old (frozen at their peek so to speak, lucky bastards ).

Then stating that this wouldn't change unless the warrior died or awakened (in which case they won't mature anymore (example Riful) but will revert to there human look (so they'll revert to there normal eye & hair color).

Nice to know that I got one thing right.
Old 2010-11-18, 08:44   Link #2918
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Think she's old... Just look at Isley or Riful. They're WAY older and look even younger.

Shiek is right here FAO... this is basic stuff. Though the ages of Rapahela and Luciela where speculation by Shiek, I tend to agree with the conclusions he drew (plus or minus 15 years).
Hehe; I didn't mean to sound rude; It was just very late where I was last night, and I didn't have the time to go into alot of detail about what already should be basic. FAO probably just had a blank mind at the time .
Old 2010-11-18, 12:19   Link #2919
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Hehe; I didn't mean to sound rude; It was just very late where I was last night, and I didn't have the time to go into alot of detail about what already should be basic. FAO probably just had a blank mind at the time .
Yeah I was having a blank mind! Been like that for about a week now!

I dont get is yes claymores don't age but mature. But why do some claymores look way older than others?
Old 2010-11-18, 12:52   Link #2920
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Yeah I was having a blank mind! Been like that for about a week now!

I dont get is yes claymores don't age but mature. But why do some claymores look way older than others?
... Cause they're more mature than they Claymores they look older than

Also some people just look young when others just look old even when at the same age.

Finally it just might have been part of the characters design to appear wise or naive, beaten down by life or fresh to the fight, maybe they have features that make them look older (elf ears=wisdom=age ) or maybe they just don't smile (and smiling really can add to ones youthful appearance).