AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-18, 15:48   Link #2921
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Alright new topic Since Dee and the ghosts are heading 2 hq. How will our ghosts stack up 2 the org's warriors, especially #10? If need be, we can move this 2 the 109 thread.

Also after thinking about it how would Teresa stack up to Alicia (human form) in sword fight!
Old 2010-11-18, 19:31   Link #2922
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Number 10 is useless in a fight with many warriors. I think all the Ghosts individually (even Yuma) can best the present #3, but are no match for the twins. They may have a chance against the twins working together. Tabby is probably so angry that no regular Warrior will be able to stand against her.
Old 2010-11-23, 15:51   Link #2923
Verkruk
The Perplexing One(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Alright new topic Since Dee and the ghosts are heading 2 hq. How will our ghosts stack up 2 the org's warriors, especially #10? If need be, we can move this 2 the 109 thread.

Also after thinking about it how would Teresa stack up to Alicia (human form) in sword fight!
#10 specializes in Warrior yoki manipulation.
Making her worthless against the Ghosts unless they crack and let their yoki show.

Teresa vs Alicia in a sword fight?
Teresa. Yoki Pre-Cog sensing, even if her opponent suppresses it her long years of experience will trump Alicia relatively limited combat experience.
Old 2010-11-23, 19:46   Link #2924
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Alicia, sadly, came off as a one trick pony in the manga. Hard to compare her to Teresa.
Old 2010-11-23, 20:54   Link #2925
Verkruk
The Perplexing One(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Alicia, sadly, came off as a one trick pony in the manga. Hard to compare her to Teresa.
Yeah, they hinted a little.
And dropped little things like the most powerful claymore in our annuls type junk but... yeah. One trick pony sums it up nicely.
Old 2010-11-23, 21:03   Link #2926
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verkruk View Post
Yeah, they hinted a little.
And dropped little things like the most powerful claymore in our annuls type junk but... yeah. One trick pony sums it up nicely.
To be fair, she was a one-trick pony that was skilled enough to kick Riful's butt while not having a blow landed on her. Now just watch the denials pour in about Riful losing that fight to Alicia. She was getting her butt handed to her by the Awakened and the un-Awakened forms of Alicia, so I'm not terribly sympathetic to their arguments. Externalities aside, it's not hard to argue that Alicia was the second-strongest No. 1 in history behind Teresa. The only real rival for that title would be Isley, and we simply don't know how those two would match up.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

Last edited by revan5; 2010-11-24 at 19:17.
Old 2010-11-24, 15:55   Link #2927
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Teresa should be alright due 2 her Pre-cog skills, but she couldn't play around with Alicia like she did with Irene and co.

Alright this is bugging me 2 death, how in the world can Yuma throw a heavy-ass claymore with that kind of accuracy?
Old 2010-11-24, 17:59   Link #2928
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Alright this is bugging me 2 death, how in the world can Yuma throw a heavy-ass claymore with that kind of accuracy?
How can they swing it so fast and accurately? Same answer.
Old 2010-11-24, 18:37   Link #2929
Jc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
I remember making up a whole bunch of ages for the sake of my fanfic. Let's see if I remember them all for when the Organization was attacked and overthrown (I prefer my version of events to Yagi's just because I could hardly stomach what he did to Miria):

Galatea: 33
Galk: 31
Cid/Sid: 29
Miria: 28
Cynthia: 27
Deneve: 26
Helen: 26
Tabitha: 25
Yuma: 23
Claire: 22
Dietrich: 17
Renee: 20
Audrey: 19
Rachel: 19

and so on...
Interesting...I kinda agree with you but if Clare is 22 currently, that would make her 15 when first introduced but she looked older than 15. And if Clare was 15 when first introduced, how old would Raki be? 10-12?
Old 2010-11-24, 19:16   Link #2930
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Teresa should be alright due 2 her Pre-cog skills, but she couldn't play around with Alicia like she did with Irene and co.

It's called Yagi not subscribing to accurate physics FAO. You remember when Miria "Phantomed" in mid-air against the twins, right? Think of this as almost the same thing, only less ridiculous.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-11-24, 19:19   Link #2931
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc1 View Post
Interesting...I kinda agree with you but if Clare is 22 currently, that would make her 15 when first introduced but she looked older than 15. And if Clare was 15 when first introduced, how old would Raki be? 10-12?
I always saw her as 16 in Volume 1, only a year difference; not sure why you say she looked older, she had the young high-schooler look at the time. Age is mighty tricky nevertheless to gauge; a single panel can make them look starkly older or younger.

I personally believe Raki was 13-14 years old at the time; making him 20-21 years old now.
Old 2010-11-24, 22:12   Link #2932
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Sadly we'll never know their ages until Yagi says otherwise!
Old 2010-11-25, 10:05   Link #2933
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc1 View Post
You're overlooking the detail that Claymores really don't age, at least physically. So if she looks in her twenties then she's at least that old. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if some of your guesses were on the low side.
Old 2010-11-25, 10:38   Link #2934
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
You're overlooking the detail that Claymores really don't age, at least physically. So if she looks in her twenties then she's at least that old. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if some of your guesses were on the low side.
They age in the sense that they physically grow and mature, like ordinary humans, until they reach their prime of life; in that point, physically, they are "frozen".

Revan's list for example is chronologically-speaking; physically, gals like Galatea are still 28 more or less; she however, in his point of view, is 33 years old.

And Awakened Beings, of course, are physically frozen in the age in which they awoke; Riful looks to be 11-years old, yet she is clearly close or well over 100 years old.
Old 2010-11-25, 14:50   Link #2935
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I speculate that Warriors are sent out once they have matured: 18 to 21 years old. Sending a warrior out that's not mature, unless she is something special, like Miata, is just sending them to their deaths. They are not strong enough to handle their duties.

For Clare, I don't see her going on patrol till she's at least 18, probably 21, because she had much lower strength than others.
Old 2010-11-25, 14:53   Link #2936
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

One thing I was thinking about:
After Clare's half awakening in Rabona, her power levels must have gone up substantially. Taking out more than one youma at a time is something expected of the 20 levels. Not number #47. Miria's first impression was she was a higher ranked warrior. I wonder if she was "designated" #47 because of her experimental status.

hmm... now that I think of it: Could Clarice be "designated" #47 because she is an experiment ?
Old 2010-11-25, 19:00   Link #2937
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
I speculate that Warriors are sent out once they have matured: 18 to 21 years old. Sending a warrior out that's not mature, unless she is something special, like Miata, is just sending them to their deaths. They are not strong enough to handle their duties.

For Clare, I don't see her going on patrol till she's at least 18, probably 21, because she had much lower strength than others.
Bikerider, that's totally not true; we are dealing with people who have gone through hardships at very young ages. Mentally, they have already been hardened.

Sending them at a earlier age then 18 makes perfect sense; they either toughen it out and survive, or get killed. The Organization holding them back until they mature more kind of implies a sense of watching over their wellbeing, and we know the Org doesn't care for them that much.

But you are nevertheless right; while I agree that Claire, and warriors as a whole, don't graduate till 16; we don't really see any warriors younger unless they were special; Miata, Priscilla, Riful....and so on.
Old 2010-11-26, 00:21   Link #2938
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

The org couldn't care less what age the warrior was. If they could be used, even if its a 5 year old kid, or in case of Riful (prolly 10-12?) they wont mind. It all depends on how soon they could assimilate the yoma flesh and make use of it during the training sessions. I think that was the reason why Yagi gave us the ES. So that we get an idea of the process and why there are chibi's like Miata ranked incredibly high yet having the mind of a 10 year old
Old 2010-11-26, 15:08   Link #2939
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Agreed the org is the badguys they don't care what age the claymores are. As long as they kill yoma/awakend beings and do their dirty work for them, they could care a less.
Old 2010-11-26, 16:17   Link #2940
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Care or care not about the Hybrids, putting out ill trained ones in the field is bad for business. People will not think highly of the Org if it sends out a warrior who gets owned by a youma. There has to be a level of ability by the warrior, for the Org's own reputation. It's about quality control and public relations.

Clare also tells Raki when entering Rabona of the extra training claymores get for covert operations. An uncaring Org wouldn't bother with such things.
Closed Thread