AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-16, 11:49   Link #41
azurie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama, USA
are you saying that Tabitha is better at yoki sensing than clare? how can that be when it was clare who was able to sense Galatea from the range that she did in the slashers arc and that was what 5 or 6 miles or more? it's in both the anime and the manga so it stands to reason that clare's yoki sensing ability is very close to Galatea's wouldn't it? making her better for long range radar type duties.
azurie is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 11:49   Link #42
Flar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I gave her a C in leadership because Elena had one too, and she was obviously low-ranked as well, we don't see Yuma leading because well, everyone else is higher ranked then her, cept for Clare, who does not even listen to Miria that often.
I conced her Mental could be C, to simply survive Pieta. But if you look at what she does, she always defer decisions, and waits for someone to show her the way, that's not very leader-like, no matter how powerful you are. Putting her at C makes her better than Helen and Clare (D and E) and even with Deneve or Ophelia. It's just not right.

By the way, thinking about it, it's a miracle noone awakened in Pieta, considering how close it was with the scout, how easy it went for Ophelia, Pris, Jean and Katea, and how that multitude of AB should have forced them to tap deep into their yoma power. Thinking further about that, make Cynthia's Yoki a B for being in the last 6 without being able to go past her yoki limit like the fab 4.
Flar is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 11:54   Link #43
azurie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama, USA
to be honest except for clare it's a miracle any of them survived much less did so without awaking i just wait to see how the anime and the manga are gonna get back in sync again in a season 2 is they do decide to go with the rumors i've seen so often (and have to admit have spread what i've seen too)
azurie is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 12:56   Link #44
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
I conced her Mental could be C, to simply survive Pieta. But if you look at what she does, she always defer decisions, and waits for someone to show her the way, that's not very leader-like, no matter how powerful you are. Putting her at C makes her better than Helen and Clare (D and E) and even with Deneve or Ophelia. It's just not right.
Welll...
Helen has a habit of pushing peoples buttons, and is a bit of a hot-head herself, Clare I have already stated. Deneve is similiar to Helen, but with a haughty attitude to boot, and Ophelia was just plain crazy. So when competeing against that bunch, I would put Yuma at D+ to C level still :P

Being deferent does not mean your not a capable leader, it just means that you understand there are people better suited for the job then you, she also seems to have a case of hero-worship for the fab 4.


Quote:
By the way, thinking about it, it's a miracle noone awakened in Pieta, considering how close it was with the scout, how easy it went for Ophelia, Pris, Jean and Katea, and how that multitude of AB should have forced them to tap deep into their yoma power. Thinking further about that, make Cynthia's Yoki a B for being in the last 6 without being able to go past her yoki limit like the fab 4.
Well Opehlia was crazy, and Priscilla was unstable. Jean was tortured for a pro-longed period of time, as was Katea. Only one AB we have seen so far can manipulate Yoki, and he got taken out by our-partially awakened group, otherwise a few WOULD have awakened.

Cynthia's Yoki could be in the C+-B range, it would not suprise me at all.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 14:35   Link #45
Flar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Heh, I can't wait to see them in real action, even Yuma.

We'll probably see an awakened Clare with some funky soul link with Teresa, going archangel with blade wings and all sort of stuff hitting the fan, but the ones I'm most curious about right now are Deneve, Cynthia and Yuma.

How fun would it be if miata was dispatched by Yuma alone?
Flar is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 14:44   Link #46
azurie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama, USA
well since you mentioned the soul link that reminds me . . . Alicia and Beth have the twin soul bond and from what little i have known of it from other generas it's a weird link between two different people where they will completely experience each others feelings pains everything so i can see 100% how they can use it to make Alicia into one HELLA powerful claymore and thus allow her to awaken without loosin her humanity since it could be in the care of her natural twin and soul bound one at that beth. Now as to how they could manage this that remains a mystry since it normally takes an extreem event to cause such a bond even with twins. a true soul bond as discribed in other world is many times tighter than the bond normal twins have. IE if me and let's for arguements sake say clare had it if she bumped her had and me half a world away would feel that bump the exact moment she did it also !! if she had any and i mean ANY emotional change of a more than minor nature (getting upset wouldn't do it getting pissed would love would also produce such triggers) the emotional responses would be felt regardless of distance. I hope that this makes sense to those of you who may can understand what i am attempting to convey and how i can attempt to percieve the thing they the org have made in Alicia and Beth.
azurie is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 14:48   Link #47
Kalinas
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bulgaria
Age: 24
Then why when Alicia awakens, Beth doesn't awaken too. They feel the same stuff, right ?
Kalinas is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 15:04   Link #48
azurie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama, USA
the reason is because as i mentioned Beth become the caretaker of all of Alicia's humanity and i mean ALL of it. An unusual trait for a twin soul bond to take IMO but not completely out of the real of possibilities either mind ya. Even in the other worlds where such is considered somewhat common place the traite was never fully explored thus what all can and does happen isn't known or explained. I know this much Beth being on the side of the bond she is is actually the stronger of the two twins on one respect while Alicia is the other respect if you wish to look at stats though i am sure it's possible for them to flip flop if the need arises but i doubt it due to training used for them. I get the feeling that they spent all the time training them to be exactly as we have seen them so they do not really know how to be the other way even though it would seem possible IMO.

Ok let's take Alicia you all know her base stats right? well with the twin soul bond as she awakens she will loose all the mental based stats 100% since they will completely shift to Beth all of them everything mental based but for what is required for yoki control that she is still in full control over infact she gains most if not all of beth's Yoki during this time. (note she does maintain some intelligence just the base needed to communicate that's all nothing more)

Now for Beth. Beth when Alicia looses almost 100% of her physical stats (not all since doing that means weaker than even a baby) However the rest is lost to her due to the transfer to Alicia but her mental stats are off the scale. It's during this time that she is communicating to Alicia with their physic link through the soul bond to give her all the information that their senses would normally be telling them in battle (at least that is how it seems to me or should seem since there has been no information at this time to dispute or back up this yet just going from previous experience with simulat situations with simular worlds). that being said that makes them together many times harder than any 1 claymore to handle not impossible just harder.

Now keep in mind while they are doing their awakening thing Beth is completely unable to move on her own or at least that's how it seems due to she is both having to control the mental capicaties of Alicia and keep in constant with Alicia giving her battle information. At least that is the way it would appear since just having to keep her human self in check doesn't seem a good enough reason for Beth to need to go into such a deep trance where the need for such deep communication of information at a distance does. (consider using Alicia's physical senses with the mental perceptions of Beth during the awakened moments and think about the implications)
azurie is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 15:19   Link #49
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rabona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Actually if you notice, Riful only says that about Clare and Jean, the two partially awakened, she does not say anything about Galatea, I guess she realy did not like the idea of Alicia measuring her power.

So both Rubel and Riful could be correct, Rubel in that Awakening "awakens" your potential power, and Riful in that Jean and Clare could increase there power before awakening fully.
Yeah, the idea of Alicia measuring her power didn't please Riful at all, but she could just have taken Clare, Jean and Galatea by force. (Galatea is definitely in Riful's plans as we saw in Riful's conversation with Clare)
If there is no difference between making you awake now or at any other time, because you are going to unleash all your potential anyway, she could just have taken them away to another place, out of Alicia's sense range and started the torture there.
But Riful was also very impressed by their united efforts which were able to defeat Duff, so she wouldn't harm them anymore because of that.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that one information totally contradict another.
I'm still not convinced, and this is one of the only uncertain points that I can see in the whole plot. (Not exactly a plothole, but a confusing issue)

Also, Rubel could just be trying to scary Clare, as he often does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by azurie View Post
Galatea's ability to tweak yoki is that a learned skill or something from the yoma flesh she aquired? it's not something we ever learned so who really knows. Terresa sure never showed she has such a skill or for that matter that she was that generation's eye. Just leaves more questions than answers i guess.
My interpretation of Galatea's abilities:

Galatea excels at sensing yoki, thus can sense it with great details.
She can clearly see the yoki spreading from a blow. But in this same blow, there are places where the yoki flow is irregular.
By aligning her own yoki with these irregular spots in the blow, Galatea is able to manipualate a little of the blow's direction.
The exception of this would be when the opponent is attacking with its full power, so this breach wouldn't be possible, since there is so much energy in the opponents blow that the sensing of these irregular spots would be nearly impossible.

The "tweak", used to avoid one to awaken, is the manipulation of the yoki flow in order to lessen and stabilize the yoki, using the same basics (alignment of yoki).
It can be used in the same way to make one awaken too, with the reverse process (aka AB in the Northern campaign).

Galatea mastered this technique/specialization like no one.

We never heard something related to youma tissues, so I guess it is just an unusual and rare gift or aptitude.
That's why Galatea is so special and the Org couldn't get rid of her when they wanted.
Riful is also really interested about her abilities, for whatever she discovered that needs someone who can manipulate yoki.

-----------------

And about the stats, there is only a few points that I disagree with the evaluations.
Again, It's about our dear Galatea.

Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Yoki: A
Agility: B
Strength: B+
Mental: A
Sensing: A+
Leadership: B

Leadership, Mental, Strength and Agility are all Ok and well measured.

The issues are Yoki and Sensing.

Yoki:

Galatea herself said that from all Claymores, her strength is the most increased when she releases.
So that, her yoki should be evaluated as A+, to separate her from others A yoki Claymores, like Ophelia.

Sense:

Actually, her sense is Ok, it is an A+, a really powerful level. But analysing the complexity of her technique, I would say that she deserve an S.
Teresa's and Galatea's sense technique are very similar, they both sense the yoki flow in a really detailed way, the difference is that Galatea uses her sense to manipulate the yoki flow, while Teresa just does nothing with it, she only avoid the hits with her sense.
Maybe for Galatea, it's not the most efficient way to use her sense, but complexity-wise, it is a much more difficult task I guess.


Heck, Galatea should have EX in all her stats.

Last edited by Fate_Archer; 2007-10-16 at 15:37.
Fate_Archer is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 17:33   Link #50
BaalChaamon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: on Campus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post

-----------------

And about the stats, there is only a few points that I disagree with the evaluations.
Again, It's about our dear Galatea.

Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Yoki: A
Agility: B
Strength: B+
Mental: A
Sensing: A+
Leadership: B

Leadership, Mental, Strength and Agility are all Ok and well measured.

The issues are Yoki and Sensing.

Yoki:

Galatea herself said that from all Claymores, her strength is the most increased when she releases.
So that, her yoki should be evaluated as A+, to separate her from others A yoki Claymores, like Ophelia.

Sense:

Actually, her sense is Ok, it is an A+, a really powerful level. But analysing the complexity of her technique, I would say that she deserve an S.
Teresa's and Galatea's sense technique are very similar, they both sense the yoki flow in a really detailed way, the difference is that Galatea uses her sense to manipulate the yoki flow, while Teresa just does nothing with it, she only avoid the hits with her sense.
Maybe for Galatea, it's not the most efficient way to use her sense, but complexity-wise, it is a much more difficult task I guess.


Heck, Galatea should have EX in all her stats.
I couldnt agree more on the last part

But i think you tackled the issue quite nicely with one major point IMO. Teresa's yoki sensing is highly concentrated on a small radius, another reason why she could not have acted as the eye for the Org. In the Teresa arc she ws only able to sense the Killing squad as they entered the town, wheras Galatea is able to sense Yoki miles and miles away from herself. Teresa's Yoki sensing, I think, is more of a passive ability, wheras Galatea's would be more active at least compared to Teresa's, whose ability is combat effective in contrast to Galatea's. But yes, regarding her sensing stat I woudl say she deserves an S, she probably has after the Pieta event and avoiding the Org. for 7 years.
BaalChaamon is offline  
Old 2007-10-16, 18:57   Link #51
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
Yeah, the idea of Alicia measuring her power didn't please Riful at all, but she could just have taken Clare, Jean and Galatea by force. (Galatea is definitely in Riful's plans as we saw in Riful's conversation with Clare)
If there is no difference between making you awake now or at any other time, because you are going to unleash all your potential anyway, she could just have taken them away to another place, out of Alicia's sense range and started the torture there.
But Riful was also very impressed by their united efforts which were able to defeat Duff, so she wouldn't harm them anymore because of that.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that one information totally contradict another.
I'm still not convinced, and this is one of the only uncertain points that I can see in the whole plot. (Not exactly a plothole, but a confusing issue)
They really don't contradict each other, because Riful VERY specifically tells Clare and Jean that they can improve, and ignores Galatea, as she is not partially awakened like those two.
So Jean and Clare were capable of increasing their base power while Galatea was not.

Priscilla, a powerful but normal Claymore, unleashed all her potential by awakening.

It is possible that Riful spared Galatea as a reward, she did only realize she needed Galatea after meeting Priscilla for the first time. So I am sure she was in no rush back then.

Quote:
Also, Rubel could just be trying to scary Clare, as he often does.
Rubel often ends up helping people with his threats, I get the strange feeling he is actually helping them, for whatever reason he has. He warned Galatea about the new Eye, he gave lots of big hints to Clare during their time together, and even fudged a bit of information from the Organization regarding her.

Quote:
My interpretation of Galatea's abilities:

Galatea excels at sensing yoki, thus can sense it with great details.
She can clearly see the yoki spreading from a blow. But in this same blow, there are places where the yoki flow is irregular.
By aligning her own yoki with these irregular spots in the blow, Galatea is able to manipualate a little of the blow's direction.
The exception of this would be when the opponent is attacking with its full power, so this breach wouldn't be possible, since there is so much energy in the opponents blow that the sensing of these irregular spots would be nearly impossible.

The "tweak", used to avoid one to awaken, is the manipulation of the yoki flow in order to lessen and stabilize the yoki, using the same basics (alignment of yoki).
It can be used in the same way to make one awaken too, with the reverse process (aka AB in the Northern campaign).
I agree.

Quote:
Galatea mastered this technique/specialization like no one.

We never heard something related to youma tissues, so I guess it is just an unusual and rare gift or aptitude.
That's why Galatea is so special and the Org couldn't get rid of her when they wanted.
Riful is also really interested about her abilities, for whatever she discovered that needs someone who can manipulate yoki.
I believe that male AB in the north had just as much mastery, he could completely stop people from moving with his version of it and force people to awaken.

Quote:
-----------------

And about the stats, there is only a few points that I disagree with the evaluations.
Again, It's about our dear Galatea.

Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Yoki: A
Agility: B
Strength: B+
Mental: A
Sensing: A+
Leadership: B

Leadership, Mental, Strength and Agility are all Ok and well measured.

The issues are Yoki and Sensing.

Yoki:

Galatea herself said that from all Claymores, her strength is the most increased when she releases.
So that, her yoki should be evaluated as A+, to separate her from others A yoki Claymores, like Ophelia.
The increasing of her Yoki could be a special ability of hers, they don't count plenty of the special abilities we have seen as part of the warrior's stats.

So I think A is fine.

Quote:
Sense:

Actually, her sense is Ok, it is an A+, a really powerful level. But analysing the complexity of her technique, I would say that she deserve an S.
Teresa's and Galatea's sense technique are very similar, they both sense the yoki flow in a really detailed way, the difference is that Galatea uses her sense to manipulate the yoki flow, while Teresa just does nothing with it, she only avoid the hits with her sense.
Maybe for Galatea, it's not the most efficient way to use her sense, but complexity-wise, it is a much more difficult task I guess.
Not really, Galatea could not use her ability like Teresa could. Teresa used it as a danger sense, reacting instantly to a change in her opponents Yoki, Galatea may have had a longer range, but Teresa's ability was overall superior, as it was far less limited and offered immediate benefits.

Galatea became unable to defeat Dauf after her Yoki-manipulating trick failed, and from what we have seen, she is unable to do Teresa's branch of "danger-sensing" at all.

In the over-all scheme of things Teresa's ability is far superior to Galatea's.

Galatea's ability is just more specialized and focused on a single aspect, while Teresa's was much broader.

Quote:
Heck, Galatea should have EX in all her stats.
PFfffff....not really.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 00:28   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurie View Post
are you saying that Tabitha is better at yoki sensing than clare?
It's shown she has better range. It doesn't mean she can do stuff like the Theresa or Galatea trick, though.

Quote:
how can that be when it was clare who was able to sense Galatea from the range that she did in the slashers arc and that was what 5 or 6 miles or more? it's in both the anime and the manga so it stands to reason that clare's yoki sensing ability is very close to Galatea's wouldn't it? making her better for long range radar type duties.
No. Galatea was close enough to make precise readings of the Fab Four's emotional states. Clare could only vaguely feel a presence.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 00:56   Link #53
azurie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama, USA
but tell me just exactly how close was that? it appeared to be several miles away way to far IMO for most claymores to even begin to sense yoki but if i'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time =)
azurie is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 01:00   Link #54
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rabona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful of the West View Post
By the way: you two are halfway there.
Rather than forcefully making you awaken now, leaving you to ripen a bit more and then reaping the results seems far more delicious.
Until you awaken... become stronger!
And then wake up.
That way you will become even stronger awakened beings!

When Riful said those words, the first thought that came to mind was about Priscilla.
If a Claymore becomes stronger, she awakes as an even more powerful AB.

So, noob Priscilla awakened as the most powerful thing that ever lived.

Imagine, that Priscilla along with her death squad succeeded in taking Teresa's head (in the most efficient way). Priscilla now becomes the number #1 of the current generation and really start her life as an Organization's Claymore and number #1.
Years later, after many battles that pushed her at her limit, experiences and dangerous situations, and even black cards, she is at the top of her apogee. Really achieved her (so talked) full potential. Nothing can stop her, she is that legendary warrior who some claimed that one day, would surpass Teresa. Here she is.

And one day, drastically, for some reason, she awakens. Yeah, Organization's worst nightmare.

This fictional awakened Priscilla, would be even more powerful than the Priscilla that we actually know, according to Riful's words.

So, there is no way that Priscilla unleashed all her potential back then when she awakened.

And this is the most logic conclusion, awakening should increase a Claymore's power in the ratio of the power that she already has.
How can you unleash all the potential that one day, you COULD achieve?

If Clare awakened in Rabona's cathedral, I guess that, aside from not having Irene's arm, the resulting awakened being wouldn't come close to the one that we almost saw in the northern campaign.
Because she evolved, passed through more battles, experiences (faced an Abyssal and survived), and finally fought in a suicide battle with little hope (northern campaign).

That's evolution, the development of skills, survival instinct, strength, yoki, speed, mentality, (...)...in other words, potential.
That's what makes them stronger.


So, finally, we have:

Rubel who says that no matter when one awake, one will unleash all its potential.

Riful who says that when one awake, its power will be proportional to the power that one had in the exact moment one awoke.

The odds, this time, are against Rubel, IMO.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
It is possible that Riful spared Galatea as a reward, she did only realize she needed Galatea after meeting Priscilla for the first time. So I am sure she was in no rush back then.
Actually, Jean was the reward. But that's not the case.
Riful realized she needed Galatea after finding that interesting thing that she claims to almost restore the balance of power.

Quote:
I believe that male AB in the north had just as much mastery, he could completely stop people from moving with his version of it and force people to awaken.
Yeah, but Galatea owns him.

Quote:
The increasing of her Yoki could be a special ability of hers, they don't count plenty of the special abilities we have seen as part of the warrior's stats.

So I think A is fine.
True, it could be an ability related to her mastery at manipulating yoki or she never told the Organization about it.
The only thing that can hide from the eye, is the eye itself.

Quote:
Not really, Galatea could not use her ability like Teresa could. Teresa used it as a danger sense, reacting instantly to a change in her opponents Yoki, Galatea may have had a longer range, but Teresa's ability was overall superior, as it was far less limited and offered immediate benefits.
I agree that Teresa's ability is much more efficient. Avoid an attack by yourself is much more reliable than relying in the opponent's miss.
But it also have the same weakness of Galatea's ability: the excess of yoki.
While Galatea is unable to align her yoki, Teresa is unable to thoroughly sense it, like the time when Priscilla released so much yoki, that Teresa couldn't sense where the next hit was coming.
So, Teresa's ability is not that superior.

Quote:
Galatea became unable to defeat Dauf after her Yoki-manipulating trick failed, and from what we have seen, she is unable to do Teresa's branch of "danger-sensing" at all.
Yeah, if it wasn't by Riful, who told him exactly how Galatea was tricking him. And she really cheered him on after that.
Also, I believe Galatea could learn Teresa's ability. She has the most important tool.
She only needs to improve her reaction time and speed in order to do like Teresa. I'm talking about possibilities here, hopefully, she trained this in these 7 years.


Quote:
Galatea's ability is just more specialized and focused on a single aspect, while Teresa's was much broader.
First part is true, but I would say the contrary on the second part.

Quote:
PFfffff....not really.
Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Beauty: EX+
Graciousness: EX+
Glamorousness: EX+
Pleasantness: EX+
Adorableness: EX+
Hotness: EX+

I dare you to speak that again!!!
Fate_Archer is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 04:35   Link #55
Flar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Galatea may have had a longer range, but Teresa's ability was overall superior, as it was far less limited and offered immediate benefits.
Teresa was probably superior in range too, when she was still a trainee she sensed Raphaella from one town away. I don't see any reason she couldn't be the eye of her generation.
Flar is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 06:30   Link #56
brutalman
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Mental does = willpower, just as BaalChaamon stated.
If this is the case, then Clare's rating for Mental can't ever have been right:

Yoki: E
Agility: E
Strength: E
Mental: D
Sensing: C+
Leadership: E


Clare's defining personality trait from the start has been her shounen-hero "Iron Resolve" - she's a fanatic! We see this when she's still human when she walks off a cliff to follow Teresa, and it's there all the way through the series. She reminds me of the terminator:

Quote:
That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.


Rubel is noticing it in ES4, so he should have reported it. I suppose it could be possible that Clare's low stats are because Rubel has never reported her increase in ability. He does seem to have ideas of his own.
brutalman is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 07:41   Link #57
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I think clare can sense farther than anyone besides galatea, due to her yoki sensing specialty she inherited, but it is just a vague feeling for her at range. People who specialize can garner more precise information at a distance. Even galatea was amazed someone detected her at hat distance, but clare shrugs it off as maybe her imagination (in contrast galatea could tell you their dna sequence :P)
__________________

DazarGaidin is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 08:44   Link #58
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
When Riful said those words, the first thought that came to mind was about Priscilla.
If a Claymore becomes stronger, she awakes as an even more powerful AB.

So, noob Priscilla awakened as the most powerful thing that ever lived.

Imagine, that Priscilla along with her death squad succeeded in taking Teresa's head (in the most efficient way). Priscilla now becomes the number #1 of the current generation and really start her life as an Organization's Claymore and number #1.
Years later, after many battles that pushed her at her limit, experiences and dangerous situations, and even black cards, she is at the top of her apogee. Really achieved her (so talked) full potential. Nothing can stop her, she is that legendary warrior who some claimed that one day, would surpass Teresa. Here she is.

And one day, drastically, for some reason, she awakens. Yeah, Organization's worst nightmare.

This fictional awakened Priscilla, would be even more powerful than the Priscilla that we actually know, according to Riful's words.

So, there is no way that Priscilla unleashed all her potential back then when she awakened.

And this is the most logic conclusion, awakening should increase a Claymore's power in the ratio of the power that she already has.
How can you unleash all the potential that one day, you COULD achieve?
This entire theory here is shot down by the simple fact that Riful's words were for directed towards the partially awakened only hence the "half-way there."

Priscilla unlocked all here latent potential, but partially awakened Claymores increase there natural potential, making themselves stronger then they were before.

Quote:
If Clare awakened in Rabona's cathedral, I guess that, aside from not having Irene's arm, the resulting awakened being wouldn't come close to the one that we almost saw in the northern campaign.
Because she evolved, passed through more battles, experiences (faced an Abyssal and survived), and finally fought in a suicide battle with little hope (northern campaign).
This also fits into my theory, and Riful's words, Clare went over her limit how many times between Rabona and the War in the North? More then a few times I am sure.

Quote:
That's evolution, the development of skills, survival instinct, strength, yoki, speed, mentality, (...)...in other words, potential.
That's what makes them stronger.
That may be true, but the problem is, there are two types of potential we have now;

Normal Warrior's Potential
and
Partially-Awakened Potential

A normal warrior unlocks all there potential by awakening while a partially-awakened warrior gains more and more strength the longer she goes without awakening, because she is "half-way there."

Quote:
So, finally, we have:

Rubel who says that no matter when one awake, one will unleash all its potential.

Riful who says that when one awake, its power will be proportional to the power that one had in the exact moment one awoke.

The odds, this time, are against Rubel, IMO.
As I said, they both could be quite correct, Riful only stated this fact towards two people out of 3, and those two were partially-awakened.


Quote:
Actually, Jean was the reward. But that's not the case.
Riful realized she needed Galatea after finding that interesting thing that she claims to almost restore the balance of power.
I think the biggest reward was sparring them all for there hard efforts, but Jean sure was a kind bonus from Riful-chan.

Quote:
Yeah, but Galatea owns him.
Maybe overall, but not Yoki-manipulation wise.


Quote:
True, it could be an ability related to her mastery at manipulating yoki or she never told the Organization about it.
The only thing that can hide from the eye, is the eye itself.
Something along those lines.

Quote:
I agree that Teresa's ability is much more efficient. Avoid an attack by yourself is much more reliable than relying in the opponent's miss.
But it also have the same weakness of Galatea's ability: the excess of yoki.
While Galatea is unable to align her yoki, Teresa is unable to thoroughly sense it, like the time when Priscilla released so much yoki, that Teresa couldn't sense where the next hit was coming.
So, Teresa's ability is not that superior.
Teresa's ability was superior, because only someone with Priscilla's level off power, (in other words no-one else in the series) can produce that much power to overwhelm Teresa's senses.
While with Galatea, anyone with a decent amount of Yoki could overwhelm her ability simply by focusing their energy.


Quote:
Yeah, if it wasn't by Riful, who told him exactly how Galatea was tricking him. And she really cheered him on after that.
Also, I believe Galatea could learn Teresa's ability. She has the most important tool.
She only needs to improve her reaction time and speed in order to do like Teresa. I'm talking about possibilities here, hopefully, she trained this in these 7 years.
It is quite possible, on the reverse side Teresa could learn the exact same skill Galatea has, and could probably do it better. Not sure how Galatea would train up a "danger-sense" Yoki skill without any help though.

Quote:
First part is true, but I would say the contrary on the second part.
As far as usefulness in the skill, Teresa's technique was overall more useful.


Quote:
Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Beauty: EX+
Graciousness: EX+
Glamorousness: EX+
Pleasantness: EX+
Adorableness: EX+
Hotness: EX+

I dare you to speak that again!!!

"cough"

Galatea: No.3 (185 CM Tall)

Yoki: A
Agility: B
Strength: B+
Mental: A
Sensing: A+
Leadership: B

I dared, I dared.

She is quite the looker i'll admit, but Miria is my preffered type.

-----------------------------------


BTW for the Clare's Yoki-sensing range thing, Clare may be superior to Cynthia at Yoki-sensing detail but Cynthia could indeed have longer range.

Galatea has them both beat in their respective categories however.

Clare's mental actually fits the bill quite well, how many times has she lost control in the series? If it weren't for people bailing her out (Raki, Galatea, Jean) she would have awoken by now and ceased to be. Her Mental score certainly improved after training with Irene though, but as Irene said "You already appear calm on the surface but your real heart is a whirlpool of passion."
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 17:10   Link #59
azurie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama, USA
i wouldn't call that passion or a whirlpool either more like a raging infirno of pent up agression and rage towards Priscilla (at that time) and now who knows what she has her mental may be drastically different then before.
azurie is offline  
Old 2007-10-17, 17:29   Link #60
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurie View Post
i wouldn't call that passion or a whirlpool either more like a raging infirno of pent up agression and rage towards Priscilla (at that time) and now who knows what she has her mental may be drastically different then before.
I would hope that 7 years of hanging around with Miria would have cooled her head a bit, and judging by her confrontation with Riful, she is significantly more cool-headed.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.