AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-10-16, 21:28   Link #1
Kona
Banned

DHT firewalled,NAT ok Azureus

College student and cant dl like i use to anymore. The NAT is yellow and dht is firewalled. My speeds are turtle slow.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 00:41   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Use IRC for direct downloads instead. Unless you're at a small university and can make friends with the IT staff, there's no way of breaking through a university's restrictions without cutting into BT performance anyway.
Old 2007-10-17, 02:12   Link #3
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

t-mobile hotspot!

get your starbucks grande at the same time too!

lots of places offer free internet you can visit while eating lunch.

try lowering the amount of global connections and see if that helps. you only need a few good peers to get decent speeds. other than that, yeah use IRC and DDL of fansub groups sites.
Old 2007-10-17, 21:41   Link #4
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
College student and cant dl like i use to anymore. The NAT is yellow and dht is firewalled. My speeds are turtle slow.
First, if you have a firewall, you may need to modify the settings, there are guidelines on the web you can use for your router. (if NAT is ok, then I guess no need for that)

Also, did you try different programs? Sometimes one program may give that error (I had a similar problem with Bitcomet, after adjusting ports, and firewall, it started working ok), while the others may work fine.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 20:51   Link #5
Kona
Banned

Its the ip here, back home i can use it perfectly.
Old 2007-12-02, 01:04   Link #6
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
IMO, they block the mostly used tracker ports at my school and that leaves you with no way of connecting to it when using their connection. Better choice is to find a direct-download site and, like Ledgem said, use IRC.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 07:57   Link #7
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

By the way, if you are thinking of bypassing the collage's own network, be careful of things such as ad-hoc network that someone else might setup on campus.

I recommend you to go for IRC as well, but that does not mean that the traffic will not be monitored by the collage. Pay close attention to the policies that your collage might have regarding network usage. I cannot recommend you to do any sort of reconnaissance as that can land you into deep trouble.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 14:56   Link #8
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
From my personal experience, Azureus is the best client on college networks. I have encryption on as well (be sure to also enable fallback measures).

If you're realllly desperate, you could always use something like Your-Freedom.net.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 00:34   Link #9
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Direct Download FTW here, or you could go off-campus for a while and download at wireless hotspots.

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 11:44   Link #10
Kona
Banned

thanks for all the help!
Old 2008-01-13, 02:26   Link #11
Edgewalker
Nani ?

That happened to me at college too. I found that i you use a client like azureus with upnp turned on and check "map ports even if owned by another computer" You might occasionally get through depending on what kind of server your college has.

But the reality is what everyone else has said: Your pretty screwed if you can't change the settings of their server to be set up for BT. So giving up on a college connection is best.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 21:53   Link #12
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
I am also currently having the same problem at my college now. I used to get very good download speeds here but yesterday everything slowed down. Today was the same also. I double checked to make sure everything was ok with Azureus and my firewall and it was all well. I think I'll just have to lay off of Azureus for now.

IRC is probably the best route but I know of some people at other colleges who can't even access that because it's monitored by the school. Direct download sites might be helpful if you can find them or just find a wireless spot off campus.