AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-10, 00:45   Link #201
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

As mentioned, already preordered the PS3 version. I figured that as the PS3 had a deeper penetration in the Japanese market, it just might have more Japanese players on the PSN. That, and the local 360 scene here consist mainly of sorry sobs who forgo the online portions for cheap thrills....

BTW, there's a chance that I just might recieve my preorder one day ahead of the Japanese release tomorrow on the 11th.....

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-02-10 at 07:23.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 01:32   Link #202
Westlo
Lets be reality

Definitely going with the PS3 version since online isn't region locked and I'll like to play against asian players. And while I'm getting the standard madcatz arcade stick for myself the dual shock is a more than adequate controller for friends to play on while the 360 dpad is just the worst I've used.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 01:46   Link #203
kujoe
from head to heel

The problem with the 360 controller is its piss poor, godawful d-pad. It's as if MS doesn't even want you to use it, unless if you're navigating through menus. On the other hand, the problem of the dualshock 3 lies in its L and R triggers/bumpers, but they're bearable. Some would argue that the placement of the analog sticks are a problem as well, but I played through the PS-PS2 days so it's like second nature to me already.

In a fighting game, a horrible d-pad pretty much kills the experience immediately. Sure, for hardcore fighting it's better to use a stick, but I'm not going to pay extra if the controller just suits me fine. The PS3 controller is more than enough for me in this regard.

In the end, this factor swayed me to get it for the PS3. The right system, for the right game.

Actually, MS released a new model for the 360 pad, with the d-pad fixed, but it's not easily available. It was sold in limited quantities as a promotional item in certain regions only.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 02:02   Link #204
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkzilla View Post
idk where i live it was same the price
for special edition:

ps3 version is sold out in official web (capcom), 139 in amazon, check ebay as well, i just cannot trust it, no more preordering in my local game stores (gamestop, gamecrazy), but 360 version is still floating around for preordering on the web (capcom and amazon), stores for 79
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 02:02   Link #205
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
I haven't heard any confirmation that online on 360 is region locked. I did hear the game disc is region locked, though.
Old 2009-02-10, 11:04   Link #206
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Unless you guys live near Japan (or in Japan) or have very fast connections, you've got to explain me how you'll even be able to "enjoy" facing japanese players if there'll be extreme lag, heh.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 11:47   Link #207
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Unless you guys live near Japan (or in Japan) or have very fast connections, you've got to explain me how you'll even be able to "enjoy" facing japanese players if there'll be extreme lag, heh.
idk but all i know ill get my ass owned by them one way or the other
Old 2009-02-10, 13:33   Link #208
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
I've played japanese players on hd remix with hardly any lag. I live in California so that may be why.
Old 2009-02-10, 16:46   Link #209
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
well look at what find the Japanese version of the SF4 intro

Theme song: Exile - The Next Door
Old 2009-02-10, 17:21   Link #210
Chase

http://www.justin.tv/swedishchopper

live stream of someone playing

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 18:58   Link #211
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
SF4...aw hell, I can't wait. When I first saw the announcements and the fact, that one of the legendary fighting games gets on PC with the use of today's technology, I was overwhelmed. Finally a game to partially replace Melty Blood (well, at least until (and if) MB Actress Again gets on PC ).

Time to refresh those nostalgic memories I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Chunli!!!
MMM...Legs!!!
Spoiler for Alternate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezara View Post
kenjiharima: You are AWESOME. Those pics of Chun-Li are just. . .sigh. . .incredible! They remind me that Chun-li was really my first huge crush on a fictional character. There is something about those and muscular hips and legs that drove me wild when I was a kid. I still can't explain it.
Yeah, we all share the same "passion", if it could be called that way. Chun Li was one of the first (if not first) game characters that initiated a spark of thought in my mind. One, you would interpret as "Whoa, she is unique...somehow.".

Well, I don't like the look of overly muscular people...or the ones that walk on those "bone-sticks". The middle is the best, but this character was always an exception. This thing is just unexplainable.
Old 2009-02-10, 21:11   Link #212
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
BTW, there's a chance that I just might recieve my preorder one day ahead of the Japanese release tomorrow on the 11th.....

As promised.

Total catch for the day :-
Old 2009-02-10, 21:41   Link #213
kujoe
from head to heel

MakubeX2, you bought both the PS3 and the 360 versions?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 23:20   Link #214
tkdtiger

well I plan to get it for the pc...any 1 hear anything on the pc specs for the game?
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 03:08   Link #215
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
MakubeX2, you bought both the PS3 and the 360 versions?
Yah. I was picking up my preorder and was like WTH and bought it on impluse. Even though I don't own a 360.
Old 2009-02-11, 06:59   Link #216
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ADz...e=channel_page
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 08:07   Link #217
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
A vid link to a basic game review of the game, including a mini guide of basic commands, some new features and general comic jokes
http://www.wired.com/video/latest-vi...wn/10714934001

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 08:10   Link #218
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That's good to know!
But where is he playing from?
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 08:37   Link #219
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I've encountered a few intrusion battle on my PS3 copy with network status being on the lowest setting while playing through the Arcade mode today. People here might want to know that most of the matches went smoothly with the lags only appearing during the intro phase of the round during the matches.

But perhaps the smooth flow can be attributed to my Internet Connection running at 10Mbs.

Neverthless, there already a crowd online despite the advance release of the game in Asia. If anyone want to search me out on the PSN, the tag is RoriconYarou.
Old 2009-02-11, 16:05   Link #220
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

As promised.

Total catch for the day :-
are those the limited edition or the regular ones?

Tags
capcom, fighting, ps3, recycling, windows, xbox360