|2010-08-12, 04:34||Link #681|
Join Date: Aug 2010
The character that I favor the most is.
Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
(1): She is able to stand her own ground by herself making her not completely useless in a fight
(2): The way she softens up to the other characters is showing her bright side
(3): Her deep love loyalty to Yuji (Even if Yuji is a complete clueless person when it comes to romantic feelings)
|2010-08-21, 12:34||Link #683|
Smile, like HTT Girls
I have a list on MyAnimeList:
10. Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
9. Okazaki Ushio (Clannad ~After Story~)
8. Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad)
7. Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion)
6. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass: Lelouche of the Rebellion)
5. Makino Ruki (Digimon Tamers)
4. Takenouchi Sora (Digimon Adventure)
3. Agumon (Digimon Adventure)
2. Yagami Taichi (Digimon Adventure)
1. Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan)
For Kudo, it's just his cool style that I like, and how he always have the coolest things to say (albeit being rather cliche and predictable :P).
|2010-08-21, 14:15||Link #684|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Between Heaven and Earth
What the last 2 pages and no mention of the Great Teacher Onizuka, well anyway
The trio of Samurai Champloo(Mugen,JIn, and Fuu)
Azusa Nakano(K-ON)( I hate K-on, but there is always good in something horribly bad and Azusa is that one thing)
Alucard(Hellsing)- I saw one scene of Hellsing and it told me everything about this guy
Masamune Date(Sengoku Basara)
Kintaro Oe(Golden Boy)
Thats all for now
|2010-12-25, 16:19||Link #685|
~ the odd one ~
Join Date: Nov 2010
I have a few favorites...
#1 is Edward Elric, favorite character of all time from my favorite anime of all time
#2 would be Allen Walker, from D.Gray-man. I just love his character ^^
and #3 would be L, from Death Note.
my favorites are all guys xD haha
|2010-12-25, 16:38||Link #686|
My favorite is Monkey D. Luffy. Why?
In order of importance:
1. Cares for his nakama and their dreams more than anything and would do anything for them to assure that they are achieved.
2. Desires to be the most free man in the world. Away from the limitations of government and society.
3. Incredibly funny and carefree when in a happy mood. Just a naturally pleasant guy to be around.
4. Excellent and badass fighter who thinks up new and creative ways to use his unique ability to stretch like rubber.
5. Zero interest in romantic relationships or the opposite sex.
|2010-12-25, 17:57||Link #687|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Massachusetts, US
In terms of character development:
Godai Yuusaku from Maison Ikkoku. He exhibited the most believable growth, and he's one of those rare main leads you find yourself identifying with, rooting for, and admiring as he matures over the course of the show.
In terms of action hero: Two-way tie:
The entire cast from Dragonball. What can you say about these guys? Their story has little in terms of plot, but there's always an excess of fun and intrigue with the varied cast of heroes.
Simon and Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Perhaps the most exciting and inspiring action heroes in the animated medium. Just watching them makes me want to go down and hit the punching bag, or run a few laps. They exude energy.
In terms of comedy lead: This one's a little trickier than the others, but I think I'll go with
Harima Kenji from School Rumble. He's funny, likable, and deserved a better ending than the one he was given by the mangaka imo.
|2010-12-25, 19:17||Link #688|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In G-Dragon Heaven
Oh wow so hard to choose alright:
I will put 3....
1. Ikuto Tsukyomi. Reason? well he is a very beautiful cat and a tease His character is just that of a cat
2. Amu Hinamori. why? because shes "cool and Spicy" Shes an adorable person with so many characters (and because ikuto deserves no other!)
4. Mitsuki Koyama. I like her because shes a girl with a big dream but her illness hold her back. With the help of the Shinigami shes able to fullfill her dream, only so her song can reach out to the person she loves most! Echii!!! She has a strong cute character!
A character I forgot about was Rukia she'll be # 3 on my list.
I like Rukia Kuchki because shes funny and strong, brave and just so so strong. A lot of people look up to those strong female characters
Last edited by EnchantingPrincess; 2010-12-26 at 19:45.
|2010-12-27, 12:16||Link #689|
Join Date: Jun 2010
1 - Shiki Ryougi (Kara no Kyoukai)
2 - Yukino Miyazawa (Karekano)
3 - Arumi Asahina (Abenobashi)
4 - Asuka Langley Soryu (Eva)
5 - Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed)
6 - Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
7 - Konata Izumi (Lucky Star)
8 - Tomoe Yukishiro (Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen)
9 - Misato Katsuragi (Eva)
10 - Ritsu Tainaka (K-On!)
1 - Mikiya Kokutou (Kara no Kyoukai)
2 - Tomoya Okazaki (Clannad After Story)
3 - Soran Ibrahim (Gundam 00 s1)
4 - Yusuke Urameshi (Yuu Yuu Hakusho)
5 - Jenrya Lee (Digimon Tamers)
6 - Koenma (YYH)
7 - Casshern (Casshern Sins)
8 - Allelujah Haptism (Gundam 00 s1)
9 - Lockon Stratos (Gundam 00 s1)
10 - Youhei Sunohara (Clannad)
|2010-12-27, 13:00||Link #690|
Spoiler for Non-Tsundere:
Spoiler for Tsundere:
Spoiler for Non-lead/Major Female Characters:
|2010-12-28, 21:23||Link #691|
My wolfu is >> your waifu
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Kon, that's a pretty thorough list... a pretty solid list too. A lot of those characters are pretty well up there on my list too. One slight flaw, Holo's not really quite t(s)undere.
But other than that, your lists are pretty good.
A short list on my part:
2. Rin Tosaka
3. Ruiko Saten
4. Yuri Nakamura
5. Mai Kawasumi
Last edited by Rajura; 2010-12-28 at 21:26. Reason: Added my female list
|2010-12-28, 21:49||Link #692|
Join Date: May 2009
I have one that I think I'd classify as my "favorite" character from Japanese anime, and that character is Space Pirate Captain Harlock.
Why? (since a mod at the begining of this thread wanted more than just spam)
Because he represents what a hero character should be IMHO.
He does not submit to tyranny in a passive manner and would choose to die on his feet like a man rather than live on his knees as a slave.
His past is filled with anguish and pain, and I can identify with that on a personal level.
Not too mention that "hero" characters who have pasts without pain are unrealistic to me since only through hardship and adversity can a person develop actual character, and old Harlock certainly has his fair share of hardships.
He is fearless, and will face danger at a level which borders on psychopathy.
He is invincible, which is what a true hero should be (like the classics, Apollo, Thor, Hercules, etc.)
He is an idealist who's values center around the highest ideals of freedom, rather than some shallow cause or selfish need for revenge.
Harlock is a romantic character that is a cross between Robin Hood, and Admiral Horatio Nelson.
To me, he's just awesome.
|2011-01-02, 08:58||Link #693|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Kudo Shinichi (Detective Conan) - Brilliant deductions
Byakuya Kuchki (Bleach) - only person that can make flowers look epic
Kaito Kid (Detective Conan, Magic Kaito) theivery with style
Kamina (TTGL) - soo many reasons.......
Setsuna F. Seiyei (Gundam 00) - he is Gundam
Toushiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) - Hiyorinmaru= awesome
Yoh Asakura (Shaman King) - hilarious slacker
|2011-01-02, 21:01||Link #695|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In this reality (A.K.A. Colorado, U.S.A.)
L is a brilliantly developed character, eccentric, perfectly brilliant, and overall a well made character.
I like Konata, Tsukasa, and Kagami from lucky star simply because they are all wonderfully relatable characters.
Also, Tomoya from Clannad is a well made character. Well, most characters from Clannad are anyway.
|2011-01-03, 01:01||Link #696|
I dont even remember what I answered to this long time ago but here's two long-time favourites. There's obviously more but I'll just write two, one male and one female.
Nanoha - She's kind and cute. As an adult, she's still kind and beautiful, and damn strong too.
Gintoki - He's strong, badass and quite reckless. Also I like his past as Shiroyasaha although it has never been really animated (). Also in the episodes that focus more on comedy, he's by far the funniest character. Of course Shinpachi's punchlines do help but Gintoki is still funnier.
|2011-01-07, 11:49||Link #697|
Join Date: Jul 2007
If I'll list all of them, you will get tired reading
But aproximately for now it would be (no order):
1) Soi Fon (Bleach) - still like her despite how bad series are nowedays.
2) Yomi (Ga-Rei Zero)
3) Suigintou (Rozen Maiden) - I want more characters like her!
4) Kanzaki Urumi (GTO)
5) Inner Moka (Rosario + Vampire)
6) Touko (Maria-sama Ga Miteru) - can't really explain why... but she just held my attention and now I recognize her seiyu almost everywhere!
7) Medusa (Soul Eater)
8) Olivier (FMA)
9) Miranda (D.Gray Man) - one of the rare scary cats and crybabys that I like... she actually is helpful despite having those qualities
10) Motoko (Love Hina)
And so many more!
1) Kanda (D.Gray Man)
2) Sasori (Naruto)
3) Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
4) L (Death Note) - his role had huge impact in the series for me.
5) Tyki Mikk (D.Gray Man)
6) Harada (Hakuouki)
7) Orihara Izaya (Durarara)
8) Jakotsu (Inuyasha) - thought that he was a girl at first!
9) Zwei (Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom)
10) Onizuka (GTO)
And some more.
|2011-01-07, 12:09||Link #698|
King of Carrot Flowers
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Edward Elric (FMA) has always been my favorite.
Roy Mustang (FMA)
Maes Hughes (FMA)
Raiko Shimizu (Nabari no Ou)
Motonari Mouri (Sengoku Basara)
Yumeji Fujiwara (Yumekui Merry)
Merry Nightmare (Yumekui Merry)