AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 11 7.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 17.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 27.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 26.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 14.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-10-23, 17:34   Link #261
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany, most of the time.
Such strong opinions and we're only at episode 3. This series is going to rock.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 17:44   Link #262
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Regardless, the sudden arms-down by RIRA is pretty weirdly unconvincing.
I think it's obvious that we will here more about it soon.The good thing with 00 is that the director makes it clear that everything is not what it seems.So I would be suprised if things were that simple.

It's a common thing for a terrorist group to declare a truce even a peace and continue the fight latter.It deosn't real mean anything until we get more informations.

Anyway, I try to ignore the lack of "realism" on some aspect and stay focused on the plot.I will continue to watch.I really like watching the different factions trying to understand who are the celestial beings.
__________________
"Politics always takes vengeance on those who belittle it."
Julian Minci, Legend of the galactic heroes .
ZeusIrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 18:19   Link #263
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002
I can't help thinking that there is more to the IRA ceasing operations than meets the eye. I am wondering if the destruction of the Drug Fields is what caused the IRA to stop operating(That could have been their main source of income) I also think that someone in CB could have been working behind the scenes on them to increase the effect of the drug fields destruction.
This brings up an interesting parallel with modern-day Afghanistan. After years of trying to eradicate the poppy fields that both supply the drug trade and the Taliban, the coalition forces have failed to dent the amount produced. It would be hard to imagine that a single bombing run on a single field would have any effect whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I will wait another episode at least before making another comment on this. But do we even have any proof CB had anything to do with what happened in Ireland?
I mean, how does a Japanese civilian school boy know if the world is changing or not, it's not like he is an expert on world politics.
The show heavily implies that there's a direct connection between the activity of the Gundams and the new ceasefire. While it's possible that they're completely unrelated events, it would mean that the show is tossing in totally unneccessary information. I rather like the idea of expositing info that has no bearing on the story, but I doubt that this is the case here. Either way, the next couple of episodes should let us know what the cause is.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 18:25   Link #264
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
The show heavily implies that there's a direct connection between the activity of the Gundams and the new ceasefire. While it's possible that they're completely unrelated events, it would mean that the show is tossing in totally unneccessary information. I rather like the idea of expositing info that has no bearing on the story, but I doubt that this is the case here. Either way, the next couple of episodes should let us know what the cause is.
Well the show is taking things slowly, I wonder if it's too slow for some of us. At the same time we see too many things in one episode.

Eitherway, next episode hints at the events being triggered so I'm sure we'll get more indepth explanation to what's going on there. I don't think we've seen all of CB's agents/higher-ups yet. Surely they have more than just a celebrity and some other guy.

Though the thing I should point out though is that some of the critism about what the Gundams are doing are critized at the same time in the show by the other side characters. So are we doing what the show wants us to think?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 18:46   Link #265
killer3000ad
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Such strong opinions and we're only at episode 3. This series is going to rock.
Amen to that, if the series can cause such whinging, whining as well as serious debate so soon, I am looking forward to the next episodes.
__________________
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 18:50   Link #266
Alice16uy
Alice16uy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Amen to that, if the series can cause such whinging, whining as well as serious debate so soon, I am looking forward to the next episodes.
I agree. It's a good start in my opinion
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 19:33   Link #267
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic View Post
Such strong opinions and we're only at episode 3. This series is going to rock.
Meh. Considering 77% of the people so far have rated this episode "Good" or better, I'd say the detractors are a pretty big minority. Its a good show so far, and most people agree.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 19:44   Link #268
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Some people just can't take the suddenly change in pace after GSD, I guess.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 19:53   Link #269
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Well the show is taking things slowly, I wonder if it's too slow for some of us. At the same time we see too many things in one episode.
I don't know if you're referring to my statements, but I think that the pace has been fine so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Eitherway, next episode hints at the events being triggered so I'm sure we'll get more indepth explanation to what's going on there. I don't think we've seen all of CB's agents/higher-ups yet. Surely they have more than just a celebrity and some other guy.
Technically, we haven't necessarily seen any of Celestial Being's leaders yet. All we saw was a video of some guy who may or may not be in charge, and who may or may not even be still alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Though the thing I should point out though is that some of the critism about what the Gundams are doing are critized at the same time in the show by the other side characters. So are we doing what the show wants us to think?
Not really. Most of the concerns in the last couple of pages are on the quality of Gundam 00's writing. I don't think that the characters are quite ready to breach the fourth wall yet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightman
Meh. Considering 77% of the people so far have rated this episode "Good" or better, I'd say the detractors are a pretty big minority. Its a good show so far, and most people agree.
Perhaps more to the point, despite any complaints, there are very few people who have said outright that Gundam 00 is a bad show yet. If the online poll means anything (and I rather doubt that it does), only 7 out of 106 people voted for a "Below Average" or worse rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell
Some people just can't take the suddenly change in pace after GSD, I guess.
Why do you say that? Of the posters, I believe that only Demongod86 even really bothers to compare the two to any great degree.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:13   Link #270
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Took at look at conclave,

Am I reading it right? The CB's mothership requires a periodic recharge from the Gundams?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:22   Link #271
Kohitsuji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Yes, conclave is right. I don't remember the line off the top of my head, and can't rewatch the episode right now, but it was "Virtue kara Ptolemaios ni blahblah"

kara = from whatever precedes it.

Edit: I'm reading the thread backwards so bear with this. Someone mentioned how easy it was to transport Virtue through the space elevator. I think it was so easy because it would take way too much man power to effectively "guard" the elevator. Also, it'd be a stupid move on anyone's part to actually try and commit terrorism at the elevator (e.g. blowing it up) since its and the solar rings or whatever are the primary power source for the world now, and also because destroying an elevator would most likely jack up the rest of the earth ala dropping a colony onto the planet. So I'm betting each faction sort of agrees that they don't need to place too much military guard on them (even in ep. 1, Setsuna is like "so its true they've built hangars on the elevator" at AEU's unfinished elevator).

Last edited by Kohitsuji; 2007-10-23 at 20:28. Reason: addition
Kohitsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:23   Link #272
Ori
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
If big giant machines of destruction were all you needed to stop drug traficking and generations-old terrorist feuds, those two things would have been extinct by 1980.
Considering there are a good amount of people who do not agree with an organization trying to "stop war" with giant machines in the show...

Maybe the show is trying to say you can't do that. But of course that's just me being optimistic.
__________________

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:27   Link #273
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Finally watched the sub (Sue me I work $hitty hours)...After watching the raw and reading some of the comments here I thought this ep would disappoint me a bit with it's content, but thank god I'm wingdarkness, a person who really loves his own opinions^^...This ep was really good and well-performed in many areas I like...One of which is dialog and bravado...

After seeing Graham get beat devoid of subtitles I was kinda miffed, but after watching it and understanding his demeanor it had a whole new meaning to me..."Your not going to end this fated battle without returning my sentimentalities...", that's the type of stuff I live for right there in Gundam...That brash attitude, yet clearly embracing the moment, the potential writing of history to have meaning is at the forefront of his mind...Graham really impressed me this episode despite his lost...It was simply a mission to make his presence known and take away something from that of the legendary Gundam...I really think this guy is gonna push Setsuna to the limit and open him up emotionally aswell before it's all over...His verbal pursuits the rest of the episode were great...When asked if he was able to better understand the Gundam pilot now, he responded laid-back with eyes shut, "Not really. When you're moving a mobile suit, you tend to lose yourself..." ..I'm sorry guys but it's little $hit like that that gets to me ...It's just so cool and understated; the rest of the ep Graham simply gave me so much hope for what's to come once he easily steals a Gundam xD...C'mon Graham, please have an accident effecting your eyes, you clearly need a mask man^^....

Even scar-dude gave me something to admire as he challenged Setsuna with much valor only to be given a beam of requim..It seems the beamsaber is a jaw-dropping development in the 24th century, even Graham WTF'd when he saw it in action..I like that Setsuna is showing emotion and getting flustered, because he needs to learn the Gundam is only as strong as the will of it's pilot, and many of you need to learn how UN HEERO like this dude is...Screaming in the cockpit, getting touchy-feely about his Gundam getting knicked up...This guy defiantly has emotions creeping to the surface (Unlike Heero who would have eaten monotone for breakfast if it was served at the Gundam commissary
)...

Anyways the rest of the episode was pretty good too, still wondering what's the deal with the Solar Furnace and what Hallelujah meant before Setsuna zipped his lips...Also pretty interesting how the orbital elevator trains work and what they are trying to achieve with the building of colonies (Hopefully we'll get some more concrete answers behind it)...

Thought the sporadic nature of this episode was good for some reason...I'm not against having all sorts of things thrown at me, or having someone knock some puzzle pieces on the floor and lift a few at a time (Because I'm interested in what IS being shown--more than enuff for a 3rd episode)...The main themes seem to be there and it's gonna be interesting to see how Mushizima decides to let all the sporadic sides meet with one another...Sure enuff the Anti-Gundam Defense Force will be one side colliding in due time...

Damn Gundam's unified the IRA...I smell another beamsaber sighting^^...

8/10
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:32   Link #274
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Finally watched the sub (Sue me I work $hitty hours)...After watching the raw and reading some of the comments here I thought this ep would disappoint me a bit with it's content, but thank god I'm wingdarkness, a person who really loves his own opinions^^...This ep was really good and well-performed in many areas I like...One of which is dialog and bravado...

After seeing Graham get beat devoid of subtitles I was kinda miffed, but after watching it and understanding his demeanor it had a whole new meaning to me..."Your not going to end this fated battle without returning my sentimentalities...", that's the type of stuff I live for right there in Gundam...That brash attitude, yet clearly embracing the moment, the potential writing of history to have meaning is at the forefront of his mind...Graham really impressed me this episode despite his lost...It was simply a mission to make his presence known and take away something from that of the legendary Gundam...I really think this guy is gonna push Setsuna to the limit and open him up emotionally aswell before it's all over...His verbal pursuits the rest of the episode were great...When asked if he was able to better understand the Gundam pilot now, he responded laid-back with eyes shut, "Not really. When you're moving a mobile suit, you tend to lose yourself..." ..I'm sorry guys but it's little $hit like that that gets to me ...It's just so cool and understated; the rest of the ep Graham simply gave me so much hope for what's to come once he easily steals a Gundam xD...
Wha? You did not take my advice of good subs? I'll have you know that line is totally wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Anyways the rest of the episode was pretty good too, still wondering what's the deal with the Solar Furnace and what Hallelujah meant before Setsuna zipped his lips...Also pretty interesting how the orbital elevator trains work and what they are trying to achieve with the building of colonies (Hopefully we'll get some more concrete answers behind it)...
It meant that the Gundams are needed to charge Ptolemy, otherwise, it's operation time is extremely limited.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:34   Link #275
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohitsuji View Post
Edit: I'm reading the thread backwards so bear with this. Someone mentioned how easy it was to transport Virtue through the space elevator. I think it was so easy because it would take way too much man power to effectively "guard" the elevator. Also, it'd be a stupid move on anyone's part to actually try and commit terrorism at the elevator (e.g. blowing it up) since its and the solar rings or whatever are the primary power source for the world now, and also because destroying an elevator would most likely jack up the rest of the earth ala dropping a colony onto the planet. So I'm betting each faction sort of agrees that they don't need to place too much military guard on them (even in ep. 1, Setsuna is like "so its true they've built hangars on the elevator" at AEU's unfinished elevator).

Well as they explained it they hid it along with the other containers that are carrying raw materials for space colony development.

So long as Virtue's pod's weight is the same as the others, they security guards won't bother opening it up.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:36   Link #276
Kohitsuji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Yeah Nyoro~n butchered the translation. I usually download Anon, but got impatient after watching the RAW, so I picked up nyoron. My Japanese isn't even that great (barely in my third year of language course), and I could pick out a lot of errors. I watched Men-Clave afterwards and it was a lot better. A LOT better.
Kohitsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:42   Link #277
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by N&G
It meant that the Gundams are needed to charge Ptolemy, otherwise, it's operation time is extremely limited.
No I understood that, I was wondering what the Solar Furnace was that Hallelujah breifly mentioned as if it's a way to circumvent having to engage the ship for it's recharging...

Quote:
Wha? You did not take my advice of good subs? I'll have you know that line is totally wrong.
Damn, it still sounded good though^^...I Honestly grabbed the ep from some random server thinking it was Conclave..Oh well I'll rewatch that version at some point..
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 20:59   Link #278
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Damn, it still sounded good though^^...I Honestly grabbed the ep from some random server thinking it was Conclave..Oh well I'll rewatch that version at some point..
lol... Did you miss the news item of the week?
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 21:28   Link #279
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
lol... Did you miss the news item of the week?
^Awwwww $hit ...

My new job is killing my anime investigation time...So is Graham not cool now?
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 21:36   Link #280
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Awwwww $hit ...

My new job is killing my anime investigation time...So is Graham not cool now?
He makes more sense now... Though in Gundam, the less sense you make, the cooler you are, apparently...
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.