AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 11 7.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 17.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 27.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 26.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 14.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-21, 20:30   Link #101
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
man, this episode was weak as hell. I waited a week looking forward to graham vs arab boy but it ends prematurely. You then see mr. lock-on bullying MS's in Africa....man I'm so sick of seeing over-powered gundams rape people.

Then you have this lame story about a white transfer student that's in love with a japanese boy....uh......that doesnt happen .........ever.

This was just more of episode 2 but done much more horribly. I guess this is nothing as bad as anything in seed/destiny, so I guess I can't complain. It's just the first 2 episodes blew me away and now I'm really worried about the direction this anime is headed.
Good job in cramming so much latent racism into a single post.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 20:31   Link #102
hhahaha2

Graham has now officially acquired his own "Lancelot Development Team" complete with Suzaku's hair bleached. The only thing lacking at the moment is a kick ass robot. I hope his planned Flag-Custom doesn't disappoint us in the meantime.

Also what's with the show's writers developing a "My Middle-eastern neighbour is a terrorist" plot? I also wonder where Setsuna parks his Gundam.
hhahaha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:04   Link #103
OuGeezasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhahaha2 View Post
Graham has now officially acquired his own "Lancelot Development Team" complete with Suzaku's hair bleached. The only thing lacking at the moment is a kick ass robot. I hope his planned Flag-Custom doesn't disappoint us in the meantime.

Also what's with the show's writers developing a "My Middle-eastern neighbour is a terrorist" plot? I also wonder where Setsuna parks his Gundam.
So Mr Suzarael did . I didn't make up this name for Graham just because he looks like Azrael and Suzaku, he does share both roles served by each character. Graham is an ace pilot backed by 2 techies and hunts Gundams in order to obtain their technology from his own command ship.

I doubt that tune up for the flag won't fare much against the Exia in the next bout. The Gundam will always have some trick up its sleave. I'm also worried that Graham might end up like Zechs/Jerid who goes through different MS but will continue to be pwned by Setsuna.
OuGeezasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:13   Link #104
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuGeezasu View Post
I'm also worried that Graham might end up like Zechs/Jerid who goes through different MS but will continue to be pwned by Setsuna.
I thought that's Patrick's job?
Old 2007-10-21, 21:15   Link #105
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I don't think that he is supposed to be the Arab terrorist next door..

My wonder is how Japan was added into the Union...shouldn't they have gone to the HRA?
Old 2007-10-21, 21:20   Link #106
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
My wonder is how Japan was added into the Union...shouldn't they have gone to the HRA?
Do you really think, at any stage, that China and Japan would shake hands and be friend for real?

Don't think so. At least, given the choice, Japan would prefer The Union over the HRA.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:21   Link #107
Virtue
Banned

I thought it was strange that the other Gundam Meisters' attitude when they thought Setsuna died in battle. As if it didn't really matter to them, especially Tieria.

And they don't seem to be concerned about a nation obtaining the Gundam if one of them(ie.Setsuna) died.

Quote:

Well seeing that Japan is supposed to be a more technologically advanced country, I would find it strange if they were part of HRL and have slow Tierens moving about instead of the rest of the world's more technologically advanced MS's.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:21   Link #108
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Simple answer: Currently, Japan is a US ally, and with the strained relations with its nearest neighbors, it's much easier to see Japan in the Union, which does have the US as its center, than in the HRL.

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:22   Link #109
OuGeezasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I thought that's Patrick's job?
I thought Patrick was heading the way of Orange-kun . Same thing but funnier! Expect him to hysterically scream "GUNDAAAAAM!" whenever he sees one.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:28   Link #110
Virtue
Banned

It's also strange that Graham was surprised when Exia used a 'beam saber'.

When he already observed it in the Enact demonstration....
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:30   Link #111
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
I thought it was strange that the other Gundam Meisters' attitude when they thought Setsuna died in battle. As if it didn't really matter to them, especially Tieria.

And they don't seem to be concerned about a nation obtaining the Gundam if one of them(ie.Setsuna) died.
When did they think Setsuna would fall in battle? He had the upper hand the whole time and they know it.

If they did, they'll just think Setsuna as a martyr. Remember that CB is composed of a bunch of idealists trying to end war by making the entire world band together in hating them, and they'll do it by any means.

The real shock for me this ep was the canonized homosexual pairing between Graham and Billy. Like...the Gundam authors actually caved in after all these feminine male main characters and said, "yeah, they're gay" outright to two of them.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:30   Link #112
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
It's also strange that Graham was surprised when Exia used a 'beam saber'.

When he already observed it in the Enact demonstration....
Yeah, that's a problem. Though i think I will excuse it for being happening too fast for people to notice at the time, and that people were all in shock.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:32   Link #113
kiramuro

Quote:
Do you really think, at any stage, that China and Japan would shake hands and be friend for real?

Don't think so. At least, given the choice, Japan would prefer The Union over the HRA.

Political climate can change in a lot in 400 years. Four centuries ago Japan under Tokugawa was a strict isolationist.

Anyways a decent episode so I gave it an average. There is definitely a mystery here about the nature of the Celestial being and its alleged bald founder.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:36   Link #114
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
Political climate can change in a lot in 400 years. Four centuries ago Japan under Tokugawa was a strict isolationist.
Under that argument, HRA wouldn't be any better of a choice either. And it's not like Japan integrated into the Union recently. They look to have fully combined with minimal political side-effects, which means it must have happened decades ago.

The Space elevator theory was more than 200 years old. It took a long time to make the project happen, and its commencement was when all the fusion of nations happened. The elevator was finished more than 10 years ago (because the Union finished their elevator just before the HRA), but the construction must have took much longer. At most, I give the time when Japan fusing with the Union to be when it is 200 years in the future, not 400.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:40   Link #115
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Correction. The Asian neighbors would rather Japan NOT join the HRA.

If this show is suppose to mirror the 21st century then Japan would definetly link up with the Americans.

In SEED, all of the Asian countries including Japan linked up to form the Republic of East Asia but the political climate in that one was different compared to this series.

Quote:
The real shock for me this ep was the canonized homosexual pairing between Graham and Billy. Like...the Gundam authors actually caved in after all these feminine male main characters and said, "yeah, they're gay" outright to two of them.
I thought that too after watching the recent subs but remembered the errors that have been arising from them. Like the "Captivate my heart" phrase....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:41   Link #116
kiramuro

Quote:
Under that argument, HRA wouldn't be any better of a choice either. And it's not like Japan integrated into the Union recently. They look to have fully combined with minimal political side-effects, which means it must have happened decades ago.
The point was that current Sino-Japanese relation is no indication on what will it be like in 2307 or even 2107 which was the error in your original post. I didn't state any preference for either the Union or the HRA.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:41   Link #117
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
The real shock for me this ep was the canonized homosexual pairing between Graham and Billy.
This is why people shouldn't watch bad fansubs...

Billy said Graham is in love with the Gundam, not that they are in love with each other.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:42   Link #118
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

If you're talking about Nyoro~n, they're totally wrong there. Billy and Graham do give out the vibes that will get yaoi fangirls drawing, but nothing stated outright.

As for 00 fansubs in terms of overall accuracy, Anon is the one to go. Once Anon releases, you'll see how HUGE of a difference the lines were.

Billy said "Kare ga mero-mero nan deshou." or something like that. Which means that he's ecstatically 'drunk' over the Gundams, not rabu rabu over Katagiri.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:45   Link #119
OuGeezasu

You've seen how the show reflects current bias in geo-political means. The civil unrest in Sri Lanka, the Middle-East, Northern Ireland. Heck, you think the South Americans would've long since found a legitimate use of the land after 3 centuries of potential economic growth like growing ethanol producing sugarcanes to replace depleted fossil fuels.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:45   Link #120
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Billy said "Kare ga mero-mero nan deshou." or something like that. Which means that he's ecstatically 'drunk' over the Gundams.
"mero mero" can translate to "madly in love" (at least that's what this entry says).

So they got something right there. Just that their translator doesn't seem to get much more than one or two words per sentence, and you get these abominations of translations.