AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 11 7.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 17.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 41 27.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 26.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 21 14.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.35%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-21, 21:46   Link #121
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
The point was that current Sino-Japanese relation is no indication on what will it be like in 2307 or even 2107 which was the error in your original post. I didn't state any preference for either the Union or the HRA.
Still, if Japan was more likely to lean towards the Union using current political climates, then it IS more probable than not that the 00 universe situiation will happen. Absence of proof that Japan (and China) can't change its mind does not prove that it will change.

Quote:
Correction. The Asian neighbors would rather Japan NOT join the HRA.
I am aware of that too. But since plot-wise Japan probably got the offer to join the Union, it didn't require China objecting to anything.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:47   Link #122
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

So what faction is the 'bad guy' of the series? It seems all three use lesser nations for their own benefits. To me it seems the HRL is a little ahead because of their fighst in the Middle East, although we havn't seen AEU or Union in their territories. They might be just as cruel to the South Americans(Union) or Africans(AEU).
Old 2007-10-21, 21:52   Link #123
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Still, if Japan was more likely to lean towards the Union using current political climates, then it IS more probable than not that the 00 universe situiation will happen. Absence of proof that Japan (and China) can't change its mind does not prove that it will change.

Probable based on what?

You are trying predict the probability of certain events in the far future which is a task about as impossible as the Halting problem in Computer Science.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:54   Link #124
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
"mero mero" can translate to "madly in love" (at least that's what this entry says).

So they got something right there. Just that their translator doesn't seem to get much more than one or two words per sentence, and you get these abominations of translations.
Well, blame my lack of Japanese then.

Doesn't change the fact that there's a lot of errors this time. The paint/young pilot/movement, the 21st century thing, some minor errors with Louise/Saji, the tech discussion of the "light" and the drugs talk.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:54   Link #125
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
So what faction is the 'bad guy' of the series? It seems all three use lesser nations for their own benefits. To me it seems the HRL is a little ahead because of their fighst in the Middle East, although we havn't seen AEU or Union in their territories. They might be just as cruel to the South Americans(Union) or Africans(AEU).
Isn't it obvious? It's Celestial Being!

I don't like any of the Superpowers to be honest, but they are only extensions of real life politics, and I have learned to live with it every day. CB's philosophy of "we will kill anyone we feel like and you can't do a damn thing about it" wouldn't get them anywhere except internal arguments and eventually, self-destruction as the organisation fought over itself for what its true goal was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramuro View Post
Probable based on what?

You are trying predict the probability of certain events in the far future which is a task about as impossible as the Halting problem in Computer Science.
Probability of success might be low, but with what data we have, Japan is more likely to join the Union. Lack of data is not the same as absence of data, and 100% success is not required for making a prediction.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:56   Link #126
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Why do people pin the HRA as responsible for the Middle East?

No one gives a crap about the middle east because all of the fossil fuels are dried up there. The HRA utilizes Tierens, which defintely were NOT the suits that slaughtered Setsuna's town.

AEU have broke the treaty by building up military strengths and putting them in the Orbital elevator which is definetly not allowed.
The Union intervenes in other countries to defend its interests and protects its people, where have we heard that before? Likewise the HRA intervenes to further it's interests.

Quote:
I am aware of that too. But since plot-wise Japan probably got the offer to join the Union, it didn't require China objecting to anything.
More like everyone joining up with their closest allies to build the elevators so the two wouldn't give a crap about the other because they have their own groups to go with who share similar goals.

Again, this show is pretty much the 21st century into the 24th. Conflicts that occured in the 21st are still evident here. It's just that the powers are more centralized and that fossil fuels have dried up.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:00   Link #127
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
I thought it was strange that the other Gundam Meisters' attitude when they thought Setsuna died in battle. As if it didn't really matter to them, especially Tieria.

And they don't seem to be concerned about a nation obtaining the Gundam if one of them(ie.Setsuna) died.

Well seeing that Japan is supposed to be a more technologically advanced country, I would find it strange if they were part of HRL and have slow Tierens moving about instead of the rest of the world's more technologically advanced MS's.
WTF? It seems that you are saying other countries in Asia beside Japan is not on level with western country, because as far as I know S Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan are one of the most technologically advance countries in the world. And those Tieren maybe be slow but there are many different variation that could match up to Union and AEU's ms, so even though they might be less advance it's probably not that far behind in ms techonlogy.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:01   Link #128
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

We have three Factions who attack and use lesser people to further their interest and a 'terrorist' organization trying to bring down the factions in a world revolution to set up one unified body. And while they pubicly said they are just stopping war, privately they said they want to start a world revolution.

And I assume that the HRA have the Middle East since that is an Asian faction and the Middle East is a part of Asia...
Old 2007-10-21, 22:02   Link #129
Honey_and_Cleaver

You know where two males fighting for over one girl. Now its Graham a man and Setsuna a boy who is fighting for the love of a gundam. Unique.

Somethings bothering me one more thing, why are a lot of enemy pilots in this series are clumsy and dumb. Pilot jets who cant shoot down a hovering gundam, no missles, travelling at that speed who cant shoot a hot air baloon. What kind of technology are in this series? If this continues, im convince even a couple of half ass gin with average piloting skills can kick a gundams ass.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:04   Link #130
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
We have three Factions who attack and use lesser people to further their interest and a 'terrorist' organization trying to bring down the factions in a world revolution to set up one unified body. And while they pubicly said they are just stopping war, privately they said they want to start a world revolution.
Where did it stated that the terrorist organization is bringing down the factions?

Quote:
And I assume that the HRA have the Middle East since that is an Asian faction and the Middle East is a part of Asia...
You assumed wrong. The HRA's terrority does NOT include the Middle East. The AEU also includes some Asian parts as the HRA includes up to Eastern Russia.

Not to mention what the heck would the HRA be doing there anyways? There's nothing there. None of the three powers would include those areas which have zero resources into their blocs.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:07   Link #131
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Where did it stated that the terrorist organization is bringing down the factions?

You assumed wrong. The HRA's terrority does NOT include the Middle East.

It never did but an organization that fights a government that is not its own nation will be considered a terrorist organization. IF they continue fighting and destroying machines and men from the factions, the factions will lable as terrorist.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:07   Link #132
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Nope, Middle East is nobody, right now. You can see the map at the start of the episode 2 that the Middle East missing out completely any association with the superpowers. I think the reason Sunrise put the Asian Elevator near the Pacific Islands is to make sure that no pipeline ever go pass the MiddleEast, making them even less relevant story wise.

Quote:
never did but an organization that fights a government that is not its own nation will be considered a terrorist organization. IF they continue fighting and destroying machines and men from the factions, the factions will lable as terrorist.
Nope, that just make them enemies of a nation, not terrorists. You need to deliberately target civilian targets to be a terrorist. It doesn't make them any nicer, mind you.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:13   Link #133
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I didn't say it ould make them terorist, I meant the factions would call them terrorist.

And I am sure that somewhere in the future civilians will be killed in actions between CB and a faction. The faction will use that opportunity to call them a terrorist.

I thought the reason the elavtor was in the Pacific was to keep it aligned on the Equator.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:15   Link #134
kiramuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post

Somethings bothering me one more thing, why are a lot of enemy pilots in this series are clumsy and dumb. Pilot jets who cant shoot down a hovering gundam, no missles, travelling at that speed who cant shoot a hot air baloon. What kind of technology are in this series? If this continues, im convince even a couple of half ass gin with average piloting skills can kick a gundams ass.
From look of things those Tierens would be totally owned by a few F-16s in a bombing run.
kiramuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 22:16   Link #135
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I didn't say it ould make them terorist, I meant the factions would call them terrorist.

And I am sure that somewhere in the future civilians will be killed in actions between CB and a faction. The faction will use that opportunity to call them a terrorist.

I thought the reason the elavtor was in the Pacific was to keep it aligned on the Equator.
Yeah, but Sunrise made it so Asia had to go out of its way to protect the Elevator, as it is located on the very edge of its ocean borders. (Hence the aid given to the Tamil Tigers)

Quote:
From look of things those Tierens would be totally owned by a few F-16s in a bombing run.
How fast can F-16s fly on Hydrogen, by the way? Because that's all they've got to fuel themselves with. Hydrogen is an inferior fuel that decreases both output and range.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:20   Link #136
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

From the map the three elevators are on the equator. Only two major continents touch the equator. Where else could they put it? Indonesian area or or Ocean....
Old 2007-10-21, 22:25   Link #137
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
From the map the three elevators are on the equator. Only two major continents touch the equator. Where else could they put it? Indonesian area or or Ocean....
If the elevator was instead built near west side of Indonesia, the pipeline would run close to the Middle East as it reaches mainland, making it the interest of HRA to get involved there. But since it isn't the case, the Middle East is ignored politically.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:27   Link #138
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Which is probably a smart move..heh. I am interested in how CB will get the people of the various factions to revolt. To me it seems those who live in the main countries of the factions are quite happy with their situations. They all seem to live with a good economy. Just what does CB think they can do to get people to want to change...
Old 2007-10-21, 22:31   Link #139
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Which is probably a smart move..heh. I am interested in how CB will get the people of the various factions to revolt. To me it seems those who live in the main countries of the factions are quite happy with their situations. They all seem to live with a good economy. Just what does CB think they can do to get people to want to change...
Well if there is revolution of some kind wouldn't CB going against their idea?
Old 2007-10-21, 22:33   Link #140
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

They said stop war, but if you notice they privatly said the revolution begins.