AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-01-23, 17:54   Link #1
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
First Original Drawing: Chet Landin

Hey everyone! Ready for the beginning of my own drawing career?! I thought so! I finally started to learn to draw, and this is the first anime/mangra drawing I've ever done. I have some more that I'm working on. I did the drawing in like 20-40 minutes, and the coloring took longer. I don't like how I did the coloring, because I tried doing it fast, and I used a new technique and style of coloring. Chet will be improving as my skill increases, and he is just one of many of the characters I have from the "show" going on in my head.

I don't think you'd appreciate me directly putting the first picture here because I forgot to shrink it, so here's the link.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/4883388/

And here's the colored version. I think I like the regular one more, but atleast I have an idea of how his colors will be working in the future. You'll all be seeing Chet, Raxial, and a couple others who's names I havent decided on yet in the future.

Last edited by Raxial; 2004-01-23 at 20:14.
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 20:51   Link #2
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
Wow. That's impressive.

I only found two things to criticize, and that's from looking at it long and hard.

All right, make that one. The shoulders aren't wide enough. He seems to be in the "Bull of a Man" type category, so the shoulders need to be a bit wider, and probably not as rounded. the shoulder muscles would expand upwards slightly at the the ends just past the neck muscles, right where the Collarbone starts (Feel your own shoulders to see what I mean). Also, the collar is either too narrow, or the points are too big. But, since you did them so close, it's hard to tell which is which.

Beyond that, @.@ is all I have to say about it!
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 20:56   Link #3
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
thanks

I have a drawing already done of his entire body, in which I took into account body proportions and stuff. In this, I just wanted to put something below his head to make it complete. I think I will make his shoulders wider in future drawings though, it's part of his character.
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote