AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-04, 19:49   Link #461
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
I forgot all about the Gundam Mk. II.

I guess i was to busy remembering how shocked i was by seeing everyone and their next-door neighbor piloting the Zeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I think the Gun-EZ from Victory is probably up there too, with all the Shrike team people piloting it... (its probably the suit in which the most named character deaths happened )
The Gun-EZ has~

Pilot(s): Junko Jenko, Mahalia Meril, Kate Bush, Connie Francis, Peggy Lee, Helen Jackson, Katejina Loos, Romero Marvall, Marbet Fingerhat, Tomache Massarik

I miss the Shrike team.
__________________

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-12-04 at 20:19.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 19:54   Link #462
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I forgo all about the Gundam Mk. II.

I guess i was to busy remembering how shocked i was by seeing everyone and then next-door neighbor piloting the Zeta.


Though now that I refer back to the original question, which was asking for which mobile SUIT (singular) had the most pilot, I guess Zeta does win, since neither Jerid nor Kacricon piloted THE Mk. II that existed for most of the show...
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 20:01   Link #463
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
My question doesn't matter if its mass-produced or not, so long its the same type of suit and the pilots are named pilots and not nameless mooks. So go ahead, keep going.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 20:07   Link #464
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
My question doesn't matter if its mass-produced or not, so long its the same type of suit and the pilots are named pilots and not nameless mooks. So go ahead, keep going.
Well seeing as those the UC timeline is the longest one going from the franchise, then it'll have to be the Zaku II. Though i guess we'd just have to check episode credits from the original show.

Then again Gun-EZ could also be one of them.
__________________

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-12-04 at 20:20.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 20:55   Link #465
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well seeing as those the UC timeline is the longest one going from the franchise, then it'll have to be the Zaku II.
Based on the MAHQ list, the named vanilla Zaku II pilots (ANIME-ONLY) should be:

Pilot(s): Slender, Denim, Gene, Kom, J.Q., Crown, Acous, Tachi, Cozun Graham, Cucuruz Doan

If you include the Zaku II variations (Commander type, FZ, F2, etc. types from the sidestories) then it'll probably get a bit longer.

EDIT: Pilots of the variations from the shows
Zaku II Commander-Type Pilot(s): Char Aznable
Zaku II Kai Pilot(s): Bernard Wiseman
Zaku II Type F2 Pilot(s): Chuck Keith, Kou Uraki
Zaku II Type JC Pilot(s): Arth, Dell
Zaku II Type RD-4 Pilot(s): Aina Sahalin
Borjarnon Pilot(s): Gavane Goonny, Aims, John, Sochie Heim, Sid Munzer, Yanny Oviess

This comes out to 23 total for Zaku II's (assuming I didn't forget anyone, which I probably did). I doubt any other suit comes close...
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman

Last edited by brightman; 2008-12-04 at 21:26.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 04:25   Link #466
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Gun-Ez doesn't have that many named pilots (8 or so) nowhere near the Zaku II, the variants and Borjarnon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Since it was the upper half, and the upper half was still functioning and could fire its weapon, it counts as piloting the mobile suit. In space, you don't need legs (I'm aware it was inside a colony at the time).
The vayeate fell on the ground after it fired its gun so it would need to have legs. ^^
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 05:18   Link #467
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Gun-Ez doesn't have that many named pilots (8 or so) nowhere near the Zaku II, the variants and Borjarnon.

The vayeate fell on the ground after it fired its gun so it would need to have legs. ^^
Zeong disagrees, but I digress. Whatever its structural condition, the Vayeate was functional and that counts.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 05:55   Link #468
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Zeong was in a zero-g environment, vayeate wasn't hence it needed legs. Heero used the vayeate but he never piloted it because it didn't (nor could), at that time, move around. (Yes I realise I'm nitpicking but I'm too stubborn to give up )
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 13:14   Link #469
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Zeong was in a zero-g environment, vayeate wasn't hence it needed legs. Heero used the vayeate but he never piloted it because it didn't (nor could), at that time, move around. (Yes I realise I'm nitpicking but I'm too stubborn to give up )
Well, too bad. If you're gonna be like that, I'm not continuing. I've had enough of pointless arguments on AS. Besides, if you look on the MAHQ profile for the Vayeate, it lists Trowa Barton and Heero Yuy as its pilots.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 22:56   Link #470
Celestial
妹ちゃん
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Based on the MAHQ list, the named vanilla Zaku II pilots (ANIME-ONLY) should be:

Pilot(s): Slender, Denim, Gene, Kom, J.Q., Crown, Acous, Tachi, Cozun Graham, Cucuruz Doan

If you include the Zaku II variations (Commander type, FZ, F2, etc. types from the sidestories) then it'll probably get a bit longer.

EDIT: Pilots of the variations from the shows
Zaku II Commander-Type Pilot(s): Char Aznable
Zaku II Kai Pilot(s): Bernard Wiseman
Zaku II Type F2 Pilot(s): Chuck Keith, Kou Uraki
Zaku II Type JC Pilot(s): Arth, Dell
Zaku II Type RD-4 Pilot(s): Aina Sahalin
Borjarnon Pilot(s): Gavane Goonny, Aims, John, Sochie Heim, Sid Munzer, Yanny Oviess

This comes out to 23 total for Zaku II's (assuming I didn't forget anyone, which I probably did). I doubt any other suit comes close...
22, since the Gavane's Borjarnon is a Zaku I, not a Zaku II.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-05, 23:56   Link #471
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
22, since the Gavane's Borjarnon is a Zaku I, not a Zaku II.
He piloted a vanilla Borjarnon in the earlier episodes, so no, its 23.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 05:13   Link #472
Kelrys
Same old same
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HRL
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
The Innovators fixed up a half-burnt Ali?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 08:40   Link #473
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Earth
Age: 25
Probably, and maybe even made him half machine

Just wondering, since half of Ali's body suffered burnt, does this mean he no longer has his private parts?
__________________
その再生を破壊する
Destroy This Rebirth
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 08:53   Link #474
Kelrys
Same old same
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: HRL
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Maybe half of them too
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 23:40   Link #475
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Elysium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Maybe half of them too
That sound really painful... and funny at the same time
__________________
"You cannot be bad at watching a movie. You cannot be bad at listening to an album.
...But you can be bad at playing a videogame, and the game will punish you and deny you access to the rest of the videogame."
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 02:55   Link #476
bzeracn
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Is very good

i like gundam
bzeracn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 03:06   Link #477
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeracn View Post
i like gundam
Oh that made me lol.

Why is Marina so white even though she's from Azadistan?
__________________
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 03:12   Link #478
Celestial
妹ちゃん
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Oh that made me lol.

Why is Marina so white even though she's from Azadistan?
A Berber, perhaps?
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 03:49   Link #479
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
A Berber, perhaps?
Berber? What's that? O.O
__________________
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 03:57   Link #480
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Some info on Berbers people.Trust Wikipedia yippee!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berber_people

I'm shocked,Zidane are Berber descendant.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.