AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-26, 14:55   Link #641
tanqexe

In the anime Domon developed the God Shadow technique to counter Chibodee's Machinegun Punch. It's basically a spoof on the fabled ninja shadow copy technique.
Old 2009-01-26, 15:27   Link #642
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Err...i got a question it maybe sound silly but here goes nothing...
I'm unfamiliar with G Gundam/

Can God Gundam create another copy of himself? I've played Gundam Musou 2 & when I used God Gundam musou attack,the gundam turn into 3 identical copy.That is confusing....
Bunshin Sapou!! God Shadow!!!

Literally means Bushin killing technique - God Shadow.

God Gundam can do godly things.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:09   Link #643
strategos

Have or will they ever explain what happened to the gundam Allellujah was piloting?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 19:15   Link #644
tanqexe

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Have or will they ever explain what happened to the gundam Allellujah was piloting?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_..._Gundam_Kyrios
Old 2009-01-26, 19:15   Link #645
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
If you're talking about Kyrios, they already have: the ESF captured it after Doublelujah was defeated by Soma. When Soma reminisces on it, you see Allelujah being extracted from the GN-Driveless Kyrios on board an ESF ship.
Old 2009-01-26, 20:17   Link #646
Balder8472
I have a License

Quote:
there was a brief flashback in episode 3 where alleujah was removed from the Kyrios frame and placed in a medical capsule (remember he had a shard of something lodged in his brain)

Alleujah ejected the GN drive before he was captured
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 21:49   Link #647
strategos

I've been wondering this for a long time. I've seen Gundam Wing and the movie. I even saw the mangas. But I was recently in Anime News Network and found this:Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor (OAV). http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=3932

I've been wondering. Why this ova never got liscense or never was fansub. Been gundam wing so popular.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 00:28   Link #648
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Here's a question.

Why does Tomino Yoshiyuk deny that Newtypes are espers? when they CLEARY have those type of abilites.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 01:00   Link #649
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Here's a question.

Why does Tomino Yoshiyuk deny that Newtypes are espers? when they CLEARY have those type of abilites.
I think because calling them espers would really demean what Tomino had envisioned them to be.

I know it's not technically canon, but throughout the Gundam novelization, Tomino repeatedly emphasized that newtypes were the next step in human evolution. From what I got out of it, the near-psychic abilities came from the human mind expanding to the vastness of space, giving newtypes the ability to expand and project their consciousness. This expansion leads to minds that can come together as one, experience a kind of closeness to another newtype in levels beyond that of a normal human. The way I see it, this expanded consciousness allows a newtype to sense the emotions, intents, and sensations of another person. This would be why a newtype can sense and react at a faster rate than an oldtype, which is what makes them good for MS piloting.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 01:34   Link #650
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I think because calling them espers would really demean what Tomino had envisioned them to be.

I know it's not technically canon, but throughout the Gundam novelization, Tomino repeatedly emphasized that newtypes were the next step in human evolution. From what I got out of it, the near-psychic abilities came from the human mind expanding to the vastness of space, giving newtypes the ability to expand and project their consciousness. This expansion leads to minds that can come together as one, experience a kind of closeness to another newtype in levels beyond that of a normal human. The way I see it, this expanded consciousness allows a newtype to sense the emotions, intents, and sensations of another person. This would be why a newtype can sense and react at a faster rate than an oldtype, which is what makes them good for MS piloting.
All that is fine and dandy, but...what about communicating with the dead? Bio-sensor and all. That is a very esper like ability.
Old 2009-01-29, 04:41   Link #651
Sander RX

Was Evolve 15 the last one in the series or will there be more in the near future?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 04:48   Link #652
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
All that is fine and dandy, but...what about communicating with the dead? Bio-sensor and all. That is a very esper like ability.
And? True, newtypes have the potential to communicate with the dead in some situations, but the expansion of their very consciousness makes them more than just simple channelers. Espers are paranormal, Newtypes are evolutionary. To simply label a newtype as an esper undermines their potential.

Besides, it's also possible that a newtype's consciousness can transcend time and space itself, or even leave itself within another newtype's mind. This could explain why Amuro and Char continued to see Lalah years after her death, or why Kamille saw and heard Four numerous times after she had died.

And as for the bio-sensor, it's basically an reimagined version of the psycommu system. It's function is to attune the mobile suit to it's newtype pilot, amplifying the newtype abilities in the process. Whether or not this allowed Kamille to communicate with the spirits of the dead, I have no idea, but it seems to be a resonable explanation.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 05:16   Link #653
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

In the UC universe Newtype and everything that surrounds it is a heavy plot factor. It is also a fact in the UC universe that souls and spirits of the dead do exist, they exist as thoughts.

In Zeta it further expands on the Newtype's capabilities from what's left after 0079.

When a person dies in space, whether blown to bits or dried from bleeding and freezing, it will drift endlessly until it gets found or further destroyed. The same goes for the soul, which is free from the dead body and remains as thoughts. Those thoughts will drift endlessly in space.

Because they exist as thoughts freed from a dead body, they are formless, normal humans can't contact them, but Newtypes can, because they can sense thoughts.

Kamile was in despair as he saw everyone around him die, he was thinking about them and he reached their souls, or thoughts. What Kamile did with the Biosensor was that he united the thoughts and wishes of the dead and together with his wishes. It becomes a purpose, to defeat those who took war as a game, those who do not value life, Yazan and Scirocco. The Biosensor amplifies the combined thoughts of the dead who lent Kamile their powers and Kamile's own thoughts, with that, the Biosensor forms a 'Bio-field' around Zeta, a energy field made from pure psychic energy.

Something else: Like everything in the universe, even spirits of the dead can't escape gravity, those who died around the gravity of Earth will forever be stuck in an 'orbit'.

Old 2009-01-29, 07:38   Link #654
StratoSpear
Sir Spiral Sallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

Something else: Like everything in the universe, even spirits of the dead can't escape gravity, those who died around the gravity of Earth will forever be stuck in an 'orbit'.
So if I were to die, I can't go to Heaven....?

jk
Old 2009-01-29, 16:54   Link #655
DensetsuShun
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
ike~fangu!
Actually, more accurately is "Ikeru, fangu!(ikiru is the infinitive form of "iku", which is "go, start, etc. "Ikimasu/Ikimashou" = Let's go.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma_Blade View Post
I have 3 questions:

1- Virtue's GN Field was not protect against GN Tau shots (except Trans Am mode) but Seravee's GN Field able protect against GN Tau shots in many times. In addition, Seravee's GN cannon loading times more rapid than Virtue: We're know, Seravee and Virtue's GN Drive is same. What's difference?
A GN Field is a field of highly compressed particles forming a dense "shield" around a MS. Virtue got hit simply because they never factored in that GN Beam Weaponry would be used against them, much less at a different frequency+density of their own. When they built the Seravee, they had this in mind. So the Seravee's GN Field is much denser, therefore succesfully blocking out GN Beam Weaponry.

Lol, old reply is old.

Last edited by DensetsuShun; 2009-01-29 at 17:23.
DensetsuShun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 17:09   Link #656
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensetsuShun View Post
Actually, more accurately is "Ikeru, fangu!(ikeru is the infinitive form of "ike", which is "go, start, etc. "Ikemasu/Ikemashou" = Let's go.)
If you're going by textbook, you are correct.

But in actual speech and for Ali, the textbook format does not matter. He did say 'Ike fangu!'

'Ike <insert weapon>!' has been around in mecha ever since it was created lol

Old 2009-01-29, 17:11   Link #657
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Quote:
Actually, more accurately is "Ikeru, fangu!(ikeru is the infinitive form of "ike", which is "go, start, etc. "Ikemasu/Ikemashou" = Let's go.)

A GN Field is a field of highly compressed particles forming a dense "shield" around a MS. Virtue got hit simply because they never factored in that GN Beam Weaponry would be used against them, much less at a different frequency+density of their own. When they built the Seravee, they had this in mind. So the Seravee's GN Field is much denser, therefore succesfully blocking out GN Beam Weaponry.

Lol, old reply is old.

What style of Japanese writing is that btw? And is there a translation website for it?
Old 2009-01-29, 17:20   Link #658
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
What style of Japanese writing is that btw? And is there a translation website for it?
Actually it should be 'ikimasu' :

http://www.japaneselearning.com/inde...d=13&Itemid=27

Old 2009-01-29, 17:22   Link #659
DensetsuShun
Pew Pew Pew

@C.A.: As I've said, infinitive form, with no form of inflection whatsoever. If it had a formal inflection, it would be "Ikimasu, fangu!", for honorary it would be "Ikimashou, fangu!". It's a matter of inflection and tense.

@Nosferatu: No translation site, just my shoddy student grade Japanese :P

Edit: C.A. is right, it's "Ikimasu", but "Ikemasu" is also correct. They're used interchangeably, but "Iki" is far more formal than "Ike".

Anyways, this isn't Japanese 101, so I think it's wise to stop here :P
DensetsuShun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 20:59   Link #660
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Actually, more accurately is "Ikeru, fangu!(ikiru is the infinitive form of "iku", which is "go, start, etc. "Ikimasu/Ikimashou" = Let's go.)
Actually, the correct form to use in this situation is indeed "ike", since Michael was telling the fangs to "go", hence, a command. Ike is the imperative form of "iku".

Ikeru doesn't work here because its the potential form (used only when it is stated where one "can/cannot go")

Ikimashou/ikou should work also since they mean "let's go", but a personality like Michael's won't tell a bunch of weapons "let's go!", I guess.