AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-12, 03:29   Link #841
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I was just asking this in the "Real Life Gundam" thread, but I thought I'd bring this point up here, too, since it was said jokingly on the former.

In G Gundam, how does a pilot actually fire weapons that they don't have triggers for? Something like Domon's vulacan cannons or Michelo's Silver Feet beams? Would it be like how George summons his Rose Bits through voice command?
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 05:25   Link #842
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I was just asking this in the "Real Life Gundam" thread, but I thought I'd bring this point up here, too, since it was said jokingly on the former.

In G Gundam, how does a pilot actually fire weapons that they don't have triggers for? Something like Domon's vulacan cannons or Michelo's Silver Feet beams? Would it be like how George summons his Rose Bits through voice command?
Yes, voice command is the way super robots work.

Domon does shout 'VULCAAAAN!!!', from time to time.

The Silver Legs could be voice commanded by his hysteric laughter, or by placing one leg infront of the other, in the stance he was when he fired the beams. If not, it could be an automatic function.

In super robots, voice commands are usually coupled by a couple of button or switches, sometimes also requiring the mech to be in various poses.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 14:55   Link #843
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yes, voice command is the way super robots work.

Domon does shout 'VULCAAAAN!!!', from time to time.

The Silver Legs could be voice commanded by his hysteric laughter, or by placing one leg infront of the other, in the stance he was when he fired the beams. If not, it could be an automatic function.

In super robots, voice commands are usually coupled by a couple of button or switches, sometimes also requiring the mech to be in various poses.
Didn't Michelo actually make a kick inside the cockpit when he fired the Silver Legs? Sure, the Gundam didn't lift its foot when it fired, but I do remember Michelo making a kick...
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 00:27   Link #844
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Didn't Michelo actually make a kick inside the cockpit when he fired the Silver Legs? Sure, the Gundam didn't lift its foot when it fired, but I do remember Michelo making a kick...
Yeah, he did do that, but I was thinking about the attack he used in the first episode when he kneeled down and started firing beams out of the Nero Gundam's shins.

Thanks for the explanation C.A.
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 01:36   Link #845
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Yeah, he did do that, but I was thinking about the attack he used in the first episode when he kneeled down and started firing beams out of the Nero Gundam's shins.

Thanks for the explanation C.A.
That's the scene I'm talking about, though. I went and rewatched it--he kneels down in the cockpit, making the Neros Gundam do the same, and after the attack charged, he kicked upwards inside the cockpit. But outside, Neros Gundam didn't do the same, but instead fired the black laser, then scattered more lasers everywhere else until he got Shining Finger'd.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 04:40   Link #846
DRAGUN H.E.X.
Machine Robo EVOLVED
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's the scene I'm talking about, though. I went and rewatched it--he kneels down in the cockpit, making the Neros Gundam do the same, and after the attack charged, he kicked upwards inside the cockpit. But outside, Neros Gundam didn't do the same, but instead fired the black laser, then scattered more lasers everywhere else until he got Shining Finger'd.
a system glitch!?
cuz his gundam was badly mantained?
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 05:36   Link #847
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
lol I think his kneeling down is the 'one leg infront stance' that I was thinking off. Its been a long time since G Gundam episode 1 for me

But yea, Mobile Trace doesn't completely trace every single action. Its usually coupled with pre-programmed commands to execute an action for the mech.

On the topic of mecha control, pre-programmed actions are usually the case. The most fundamental being walking, which is an automatic function that is pre-programmed into the mech. You just have to step on the pedal or pull a throttle and the mech will walk forward, apply more force and it will run.

You also have to program somersaults and stuff if you want your mech to do that, though barrel rows in the air and space are done by thruster control.

Handling of melee weapons involve some of the most complex programming.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 23:19   Link #848
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
lol I think his kneeling down is the 'one leg infront stance' that I was thinking off. Its been a long time since G Gundam episode 1 for me

But yea, Mobile Trace doesn't completely trace every single action. Its usually coupled with pre-programmed commands to execute an action for the mech.

On the topic of mecha control, pre-programmed actions are usually the case. The most fundamental being walking, which is an automatic function that is pre-programmed into the mech. You just have to step on the pedal or pull a throttle and the mech will walk forward, apply more force and it will run.

You also have to program somersaults and stuff if you want your mech to do that, though barrel rows in the air and space are done by thruster control.

Handling of melee weapons involve some of the most complex programming.

Yeah, the melee weapons still confuse me to no end. Whenever they hold a weapon, they're holding some beam/laser mock up. Are they actually holding the beam version, or are they just pantomiming with a projector filling in the blank?
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 11:25   Link #849
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I was just asking this in the "Real Life Gundam" thread, but I thought I'd bring this point up here, too, since it was said jokingly on the former.

In G Gundam, how does a pilot actually fire weapons that they don't have triggers for? Something like Domon's vulacan cannons or Michelo's Silver Feet beams? Would it be like how George summons his Rose Bits through voice command?
I remember reading in the technical manual that the Mobile trace system deals with the pilots brain waves. The way that George summons his rose bits is through his brain waves. I'll try and dig it up for further confirmation.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 13:07   Link #850
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I remember reading in the technical manual that the Mobile trace system deals with the pilots brain waves. The way that George summons his rose bits is through his brain waves. I'll try and dig it up for further confirmation.
Thanks Foreshadow, I completely forgot that I had the G Gundam technical manual.. okay, quoting from the book,

"The fighting suit that fighters wear during combat consists of living nano-machines which form around the entire body of a pilot to detect the pilot's slightest muscle movement, brain wave change, or nervous system response. These signals are all fed through the Mobile Trace System, and the Gundam unit becomes a giant-sized extension of the pilot, accurately reproducing all the human movements."

... That's it...? Honestly, that's the entire section on the MTS. And that makes me wonder about balancing. Given Domon and Master Asia's rediculously crazy fighting styles, does the Gundam have it's own balancing system, or rely on the pilot's own movements to keep it balanced?
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 13:24   Link #851
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Thanks Foreshadow, I completely forgot that I had the G Gundam technical manual.. okay, quoting from the book,

"The fighting suit that fighters wear during combat consists of living nano-machines which form around the entire body of a pilot to detect the pilot's slightest muscle movement, brain wave change, or nervous system response. These signals are all fed through the Mobile Trace System, and the Gundam unit becomes a giant-sized extension of the pilot, accurately reproducing all the human movements."

... That's it...? Honestly, that's the entire section on the MTS. And that makes me wonder about balancing. Given Domon and Master Asia's rediculously crazy fighting styles, does the Gundam have it's own balancing system, or rely on the pilot's own movements to keep it balanced?
The real question is how do Master Asia, Tris Surugeiref, Alan Lee, Nashiusu Kiruhya, and Max Burns control their Gundams without the Mobile Trace System?
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 14:06   Link #852
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
I'm gonna say Gundam Fight Magic.

Maybe they still read brainwaves? Perhaps Domon's headband is made of the same stuff his fighting suit is, and it follows his every mental beck and call!!
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 07:15   Link #853
DRAGUN H.E.X.
Machine Robo EVOLVED
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: brunei darusalam
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
ZZ Gundam question.

is there any clear explaination on how the ZZ Gundam's jet-fighter canopy type Core Fighter cockpit "magicaly" transforms into a spherical 360-degrees panoramic view type cockpit when docked with its mobile suit unit?

atleast they showed on how the RX-78-2's cockpit really worked.
__________________
GUNDAM SENTINEL
Ice Queen Sumeragi is our friend!!!
support our empire!!!
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 13:03   Link #854
elindir
Overreacher
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Did anyone read Gaia Gear? Or listened to the radio drama?
__________________
elindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 19:44   Link #855
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Yesh, what would you like to know about it?
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 00:08   Link #856
ATP
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Hi, I was wondering about this ever since I saw the Youtube UC vs. CE crossovers.

If the UC Minovsky Particles are that awesome, does that mean that UC will win in ANY crossover vs ANY other science-fiction universe? I mean, if they act like an EMP field, they will put pretty much every machine out of commission just simply by firing a shot.

Did I read this correct?
ATP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 00:24   Link #857
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
No. Presumably, most military equipment would have hardening/shielding against EMPs, so they probably wouldn't be affected all that much.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 01:01   Link #858
ATP
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
^^ I found it.

Quote:
The Gungnir System, named for the legendary spear of the Norse god Odin, is a powerful electromagnetic pulse system produced by ZAFT to disable electronic systems (including the controls of mobile suits) without harming living creatures. ZAFT's own mobile suits have heavy EMP shielding and are unaffected by the Gungnir System, but the Earth Alliance's early mass-production model GAT-01 Strike Daggers' shielding proved insufficient to protect against it. Later Earth Alliance mobile suits include improved EMP shielding, rendering the Gungnir useless. Besides disabling mobile suits, it can also disable any electronic items such as a mobile armor as well as a Mass Driver. The output of the EMP creates a current inside the Mass Driver so great that it destroys the metal part of it.
This is a Did Not Do The Research fault on my part. Thanks for pointing it out.
ATP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 03:48   Link #859
elindir
Overreacher
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hungary
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Yesh, what would you like to know about it?
Well, first of all, what is it like? I read that it is Tomino's "vision" about the future of the U.C. Did you like it? I presume it differs from the U.C. we know greatly.
__________________
elindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 03:20   Link #860
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDAM H.E.X. View Post
is there any clear explaination on how the ZZ Gundam's jet-fighter canopy type Core Fighter cockpit "magicaly" transforms into a spherical 360-degrees panoramic view type cockpit when docked with its mobile suit unit?

atleast they showed on how the RX-78-2's cockpit really worked.
Um.... No, not really. You know, I've never actually thought of that... Now you've got me confused...

Come to think of it, given that all three of the ZZ fighters dock into one, you really don't have any room at all to place the 360 degree cockpit. That cockpit is a big ball right in the middle of the suit, and you really can't work three transformable fighers aroung that...
Then again, I'll just say it's Newtype Magic.
__________________

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.