AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-23, 18:44   Link #1081
Rawinder
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
is the Gundam 0079 Trilogy movies licensed?
Considering they've been released in the US, I'd say they are most definitely licensed.
Rawinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 20:43   Link #1082
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I think it's still worth mentioning. There's this stickied thread which points out to those licensed Gundam anime/manga up to 2006. I wonder though if it'll get some recent updates...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 20:59   Link #1083
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
All this reminds me, has Sunrise talked about releasing 00 on DVD yet?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 21:00   Link #1084
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
All this reminds me, has Sunrise talked about releasing 00 on DVD yet?
What? Aren't they releasing them already?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 21:17   Link #1085
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
What? Aren't they releasing them already?
Blah! Sorry, I meant for the US, I know they've been released in Japan. I was wondering if they have any plans to release 00 on DVD over here.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 00:31   Link #1086
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
HHmmm. I know some stores here in Canada sells some of them

(Some stores even offer to include the 00F and the manga version with the DVD)

I think they might have release in US, if they have it here.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:52   Link #1087
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I got a copy of Gundam Season 1 Part 1 from a Bestbuy in Ohio so they have released it in the US it was just the dvds I don't know what's included in the special edition.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 17:51   Link #1088
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I got a copy of Gundam Season 1 Part 1 from a Bestbuy in Ohio so they have released it in the US it was just the dvds I don't know what's included in the special edition.
Wow, really?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 19:15   Link #1089
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Wow, really?
Yeah I was really suprised when I found a copy of it, especaily since I tried to get an Fye store to specail order me a copy the previous day and it wasn't showing up in there system. Also Ohio has never been place were it's easy to find anime and it's gotten a fair bit worse since the recession started.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 12:06   Link #1090
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Blah! Sorry, I meant for the US, I know they've been released in Japan. I was wondering if they have any plans to release 00 on DVD over here.
The R1 Part 1 of Season 1 was released in July, and Part 2 is scheduled to be released at the end of September. If you can't find it in stores, you should request it from the sales staff. Alternatively, you can order it from an online distributor like DVDPacific.com or RightStuf.com or Amazon.com.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 16:36   Link #1091
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
For some reason I was thinking it would've taken A LOT longer to be released on DVD over here.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 19:06   Link #1092
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
For some reason I was thinking it would've taken A LOT longer to be released on DVD over here.
Maybe they decided to push the release schedule up a little so that way the first part came out while syfy was still airing season 2.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 00:46   Link #1093
Oppius
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hell
Age: 29
I have two main questions here:

1. Will Gundam Unicorn take place in UC universe again? It is nice to see Gundam has return to UC universe again after tons of alternate universes.

2. I heard an old rumor that Sunrise will make a sequel of Gundam X(1996). It is unclear it would be a 2-hour movie or TV series but it takes place right after where its previous TV series ended. Was that true?
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 01:02   Link #1094
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
I have two main questions here:

1. Will Gundam Unicorn take place in UC universe again? It is nice to see Gundam has return to UC universe again after tons of alternate universes.

2. I heard an old rumor that Sunrise will make a sequel of Gundam X(1996). It is unclear it would be a 2-hour movie or TV series but it takes place right after where its previous TV series ended. Was that true?
1. Yes, Gundam Unicorn takes place in U.C.. Specifically, after Char's Counterattack and before Gundam F91.

2. I have no idea. I've never heard such rumors. Only movies that we know of is the Gundam SEED movie in the works, and the Gundam 00 movie in the works.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 02:53   Link #1095
fizzmaister
The Tall One
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
2. I heard an old rumor that Sunrise will make a sequel of Gundam X(1996). It is unclear it would be a 2-hour movie or TV series but it takes place right after where its previous TV series ended. Was that true?
Could you by any chance be referring to the manga "Under the moonlight?" That's the only Gundam X related thing I've heard of.
__________________
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 03:21   Link #1096
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
This isn't really a Gundam question, but it centers on board members posting in the forums.

Why do several board members have "Graphic Artist" over their avatars?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:22   Link #1097
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
I have two main questions here:

1. Will Gundam Unicorn take place in UC universe again? It is nice to see Gundam has return to UC universe again after tons of alternate universes.
Sunrise has been making UC Gundam on an irregular basis for a while now. Since 2004, there have been the first MS IGLOO OVAs, the Zeta Movies, the second MS IGLOO OVAs, and now the Ring of Gundam short (if that counts) and Unicorn (also known as Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post
2. I heard an old rumor that Sunrise will make a sequel of Gundam X(1996). It is unclear it would be a 2-hour movie or TV series but it takes place right after where its previous TV series ended. Was that true?
Bandai will only make animated sequels to successful anime productions. Gundam X was their greatest failure, and so any further continuation is all but impossible. Also, no model line = no future productions.



Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
This isn't really a Gundam question, but it centers on board members posting in the forums.

Why do several board members have "Graphic Artist" over their avatars?
This should really be asked in the Site Feedback forum, but those users enabled the group membership for the Graphic Artist user group. You can do the same thing here, but I suggest only doing so if you feel that you fit the group.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 18:38   Link #1098
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Sunrise has been making UC Gundam on an irregular basis for a while now. Since 2004, there have been the first MS IGLOO OVAs, the Zeta Movies, the second MS IGLOO OVAs, and now the Ring of Gundam short (if that counts) and Unicorn (also known as Mobile Suit Gundam UC Unicorn).


Bandai will only make animated sequels to successful anime productions. Gundam X was their greatest failure, and so any further continuation is all but impossible. Also, no model line = no future productions.




This should really be asked in the Site Feedback forum, but those users enabled the group membership for the Graphic Artist user group. You can do the same thing here, but I suggest only doing so if you feel that you fit the group.
Thanks, I fit none of those.... I could be an author, but fanfiction don't count, so I won't bother. Thanks for the info.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:06   Link #1099
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Question:

I'm watching ZZ right now, but I'm too anxious to know.

Does Char/Quattro appear anywhere in the series?

I don't mind spoilers. Put spoiler tags if it's too large important.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 17:31   Link #1100
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Question:

I'm watching ZZ right now, but I'm too anxious to know.

Does Char/Quattro appear anywhere in the series?

I don't mind spoilers. Put spoiler tags if it's too large important.
No. He was supposed to but was written out in order to accommodate Char's Counterattack.

Spoiler:
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.