AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-01-04, 11:11   Link #1501
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
It was written "A wakening"
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:15   Link #1502
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I see, so two words then, thanks.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 01:36   Link #1503
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Is it "Quin Mantha" or "Queen Mansa" officially?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 12:16   Link #1504
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Is it "Quin Mantha" or "Queen Mansa" officially?
GundamUnicorn.net says 'Queen Mansa' in the Kshatriya's bio.

It seems to me that 'Quin Mantha' is similar to 'Byg Zam' and 'Jii O/Zii O', it's the Japanese spelling but not the actual meaning.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 16:19   Link #1505
fizzmaister
The Tall One
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
The thing is, in Japanese it's "クィン・マンサ" or ku i n ・ ma n sa. So the transliteration is Queen Mansa. However, the Japanese use 's' to replace 'th' so it could just as easily be Queen Mantha. Also, quin (K-win) can't be written in katakana because there is no short i sound. So ultimately, we don't know. Sorry.
__________________
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 21:46   Link #1506
Xyrate
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
I am wondering if there is a Gundam 00 thread (or Gundam in general) for merchandise? I know for Code Geass there was a thread where people would post upcoming figures and other Code Geass merchandise. Is there anything similar for the Gundam franchise? (I searched but nothing came up, I'm not sure if I am just putting in the wrong key words).

Essentially, I am just trying to find which figures are going to be/are already made from the new Gundam 00 movie
Xyrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 21:57   Link #1507
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
The model kit thread should cover ya.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 08:53   Link #1508
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
The thing is, in Japanese it's "クィン・マンサ" or ku i n ・ ma n sa. So the transliteration is Queen Mansa. However, the Japanese use 's' to replace 'th' so it could just as easily be Queen Mantha. Also, quin (K-win) can't be written in katakana because there is no short i sound. So ultimately, we don't know. Sorry.
That's incorrect. "Queen" in katakana is クィーン. It is the dash that creates the long 'e' sound. So "Quin" would technically be a correct translation, and "Queen" would not.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 14:10   Link #1509
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That's incorrect. "Queen" in katakana is クィーン. It is the dash that creates the long 'e' sound. So "Quin" would technically be a correct translation, and "Queen" would not.
......セイバー doesn't quite cut it as Savior as セイヴァー does.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:14   Link #1510
fizzmaister
The Tall One
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That's incorrect. "Queen" in katakana is クィーン. It is the dash that creates the long 'e' sound. So "Quin" would technically be a correct translation, and "Queen" would not.
My bad. I'm still learning (slowly).
__________________
fizzmaister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 17:34   Link #1511
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Hm, well that's good. I always called the Quin Mantha since Battle Assault 1. Kinda stuck with me.

It'd be hard to start calling it something else.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 08:18   Link #1512
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
......セイバー doesn't quite cut it as Savior as セイヴァー does.
バ and ヴァ tend to be used interchangeably sometimes. "Value" is transliterated as "バリュー" for example.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman

Last edited by brightman; 2011-01-10 at 19:57.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:03   Link #1513
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
Need help finding a Zeta Gundam track. It plays when Char is infiltrating the Titans colony in episode one. It's quite distinct. I can't find it in any of the soundtracks (may have missed it).

I can provide the time in the episode it plays, but not right now.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:09   Link #1514
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
Need help finding a Zeta Gundam track. It plays when Char is infiltrating the Titans colony in episode one. It's quite distinct. I can't find it in any of the soundtracks (may have missed it).

I can provide the time in the episode it plays, but not right now.
Was it this track?

Link
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:26   Link #1515
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
Was there any instance in Victory Gundam where a MS ignites a nuclear explosion?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-11, 03:42   Link #1516
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Was there any instance in Victory Gundam where a MS ignites a nuclear explosion?
I think there was one on earth, but i don't remember which episode. I could be wrong, though
StrikeFreedomV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 11:15   Link #1517
JC...
I am a Pie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a fantasy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISwoD4hkl0s

It plays at 14:43, like someone in the comments said. I can't find it anywhere...
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 13:03   Link #1518
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISwoD4hkl0s

It plays at 14:43, like someone in the comments said. I can't find it anywhere...
I've been looking for that track on YouTube for the longest time but no one seems to have uploaded it.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 16:03   Link #1519
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I think there was one on earth, but i don't remember which episode. I could be wrong, though
You're not wrong, there was definitely a MS nuclear explosion on Earth. Specifically when the battleships with wheels invaded Earth.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 10:40   Link #1520
Araxiel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge
Has there ever been confirmation on the O Gundam's ability to use Trans-Am, or is it still theoretical?
Araxiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.