AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-13, 17:13   Link #321
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Having a death prone wife is not enough of an emotional rollercoaster for you?
Excitement, EXCITEMENT, not bow-your-head-down-and-cry-your-eyes-out

See, that wasn't excitement, that was torture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
You want some excitement out of Nagisa? Then I have a suggestion...get her drunk.
Bah, intoxication. You don't need to drug Kyou or Tomoyo to achieve the same effect (well, you can, its just more deadly)

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-04-13, 17:22   Link #322
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Excitement:

An emotion of agitation or anxiety(negative emotion) or arousal (positive emotion), or something that creates such a feeling

It doesn't have to be good
Old 2009-04-13, 17:48   Link #323
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Excitement:

An emotion of agitation or anxiety(negative emotion) or arousal (positive emotion), or something that creates such a feeling
Fine, how about an excitement you don't mind experiencing more than once?

See, Nagisa had the sort of excitement you don't want ever happening again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebs- View Post
Words cannot describe how awesome a series with either of them as the lead female would be. I always thought Nagisa was weakest and least interesting of all the characters within Clannad. Hell, I liked the Tomoyo OVA almost as much as I liked the entire first season of Clannad, and even that was only a shadow of what could have been. So yeah, if a full length production was made... bricks would be shat.
Well, Key got the clue... and that is why they made Tomoyo After

- Tak

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-13 at 19:23.
Old 2009-04-14, 00:48   Link #324
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
With all the talk of a special Kyou OVA, I begin to wonder if there are others who prefer Kyou and/or Tomoyo over Nagisa Not that Nagisa is a bad character, but I want some excitement in life
Where were you when the first season of Clannad was airing? Up to episode 18-19, Kyou was #1 in the first popularity poll (in this forum). Tomoyo also ranked high. Both of them ranked above Nagisa.

Quote:
Well, Key got the clue... and that is why they made Tomoyo After
Maeda said he made Tomoyo After simply because he liked Tomoyo. I wouldn't know how much her popularity factored into that VN's creation, but the former reason was by far the most important one.
Old 2009-04-14, 00:59   Link #325
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Where were you when the first season of Clannad was airing?
You just had to ask.

Thats obvious, ain't it? I was anywhere but here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Maeda said he made Tomoyo After simply because he liked Tomoyo. I wouldn't know how much her popularity factored into that VN's creation, but the former reason was by far the most important one.
Take

a

bloody

joke.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-14 at 01:17.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:09   Link #326
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Thats obvious, ain't it? I was anywhere but here?

Take

a

bloody

joke.

- Tak

hahaha..

Yay, Tak is having problem. Didn't you know Clannad-fans in general are a serious bunch? Yeah, where were you?

No worries, sir. Your humor isn't lost on some of us. I lol'ed at your observation that Nagisa is the kind of excitement one doesn't want to have ever again... after Proto posted a literal definition of the word excitement.

I personally like Kyou more than Tomoyo. Just from watching the show, I didn't understand her popularity among the fans.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:16   Link #327
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I personally like Kyou more than Tomoyo. Just from watching the show, I didn't understand her popularity among the fans.
Mostly from the game in addition to the drama CDs.

Tomoyo & Tomoya's interactions in both medias had what I consider to be classic moments. Hmm... apron...

Kyou shined a lot in the anime, while Tomoyo got axed right after season I. However, in both the game and drama CD, Kyou's arc was a bit lackluster IMO (it felt like deja vu, and its not something you haven't seen already). Anyway, in short, Kyou's route in the game & drama CD made me felt very, very frustrated. Tomoyo's route in the game & drama CD made me cry tears of joy.

Kyou indeed made a lot of splash in the anime, though, and depending on your point of view, it might or might not be an unfortunate turn of events.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-04-14 at 13:28.
Old 2009-04-14, 09:52   Link #328
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
People, we are in the damn KYOU discussion thread. So long, please keep discussion related to other characters in their own threads (especially: AVOID shipping as we already put in our guidelines!).
This is especially true when it is about spoilers.
Old 2009-04-14, 17:26   Link #329
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
However, in both the game and drama CD, Kyou's arc was a bit lackluster IMO (it felt like deja vu, and its not something you haven't seen already). Anyway, in short, Kyou's route in the game & drama CD made me felt very, very frustrated.
Kyou indeed made a lot of splash in the anime, though, and depending on your point of view, it might or might not be an unfortunate turn of events.

- Tak
Spoiler for Sums up Kyou's route nicely.:

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-04-15, 00:05   Link #330
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Spoiler for Sums up Kyou's route nicely.:
Quote:
Where's the "I choose Kyou" choice?
So fucking true. I can remember thinking that much while I played her route.

And, indeed, she was at her best in Kotomi's route. I thought she was reliable since the first time I played, but she definitely shone at her max in that route. She was simply amazing there.
Old 2009-04-18, 06:17   Link #331
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
"It’s been announced that the eighth and final DVD installment of the Clannad After Story anime will include a special episode that is an alternate world arc about Kyou Fujibayashi. The episode is titled, “Another World: Kyou Arc” and the DVD will be released in Japan on July 1st."

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009...daily-dose-30/

*clears the way for the stampede of fan-gasming Kyou fanboys running off to the launderers*

Not that I'm not a Kyou fan, mind you. Still gotta wait more than 2 months for it, though.... >.>
Old 2009-04-18, 08:11   Link #332
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

We already know. We've been going on for pages.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-04-18, 08:25   Link #333
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
We already know. We've been going on for pages.
Bleh, and Random Curiosity's Daily Doses used to be good with putting up news when it was actually news. Ah well.
Old 2009-04-18, 12:31   Link #334
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
"It’s been announced that the eighth and final DVD installment of the Clannad After Story anime will include a special episode that is an alternate world arc about Kyou Fujibayashi. The episode is titled, “Another World: Kyou Arc” and the DVD will be released in Japan on July 1st."

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009...daily-dose-30/

*clears the way for the stampede of fan-gasming Kyou fanboys running off to the launderers*

Not that I'm not a Kyou fan, mind you. Still gotta wait more than 2 months for it, though.... >.>
I just read about this for the first time a minute ago. Holy crap, very interesting!
Old 2009-04-18, 13:15   Link #335
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

I'm curious how they will be able to compress the arc into 1 episode and still keep the drama. It worked with Tomoyo, but it'll be harder this time because of the mad teen drama between the characters. I always thought the arc would take up 2 episodes at least.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion
Old 2009-04-18, 14:38   Link #336
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm curious how they will be able to compress the arc into 1 episode and still keep the drama. It worked with Tomoyo, but it'll be harder this time because of the mad teen drama between the characters. I always thought the arc would take up 2 episodes at least.
It didn't really work with Tomoyo the way I wanted to be. They managed to cut a whole bunch of events that led them into becoming lovers by simply having Tomoya utter a line or two in regards to their relationship.

Likewise, i would not imagine this being all that different in regards to Kyou, where we will get something like "under the consistent insistence of Kyou, before I knew it, I was dating Ryou..."

- Tak

Old 2009-04-18, 23:21   Link #337
Tempester
AS's "Love Live!" Fanatic

Quote:
It didn't really work with Tomoyo the way I wanted to be. They managed to cut a whole bunch of events that led them into becoming lovers by simply having Tomoya utter a line or two in regards to their relationship.
I rather missed that exposition as well. The inclusion of the season opening in the episode didn't really help matters.

Quote:
Likewise, i would not imagine this being all that different in regards to Kyou, where we will get something like "under the consistent insistence of Kyou, before I knew it, I was dating Ryou..."

- Tak
Even if you cut the exposition out of the Fujibayashi arc, 1 episode still isn't enough to cover the development, the climax and the conclusion correctly. Just imagine the effects if the climax and conclusion take up the last 3/4 of the episode:

Spoiler for Fujibayashi Path spoilers:

This will definitely be more disastrous than the Tomoyo episode.
- - - - -
Recently completed anime:
Sakura Trick
Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Nagi no Asukara
Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part III: Rebellion

Last edited by Tempester; 2009-04-19 at 02:12. Reason: Misspelled "Fujibayashi". I'm such an idiot.
Old 2009-04-19, 00:09   Link #338
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Kyou Route:
Old 2009-04-19, 02:28   Link #339
RhapsodyInBlue
lolwut?

The thing is don't like about the Kyou route is:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2009-04-19, 04:20   Link #340
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyInBlue View Post
The thing is don't like about the Kyou route is:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Although I personally liked the route, I'm gonna have to agree with this.

Spoiler for spoiler:

With that said, I really hope they manage to fit

Spoiler for spoiler:

in the episode.
Closed Thread