AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-27, 00:00   Link #61
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Nagisa hair matches her visage and personality perfectly, she won't be herself if her hair goes past her shoulders.

Though I would like to see her with a ponytail.

Ponytails are magical.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-01-27, 13:18   Link #62
wtfftw

i dunno wut to say but i just say what comes in mind i think she is like too simple minded or something and it annoys me. she her self doenst annoy me but i think that i think like sunohara she is for me to superficial cute in that matter like in the last ep. I like her when its about dango dango and starts making a dango fight xP with fuko. So its more like i get annoyed with er decisions and stuff

now that i think about i i geuss im too evil minded to make a like or dont like decision about her

anyway i think she a carring person who puts others infornt of herself. Unless its about okazaki^^

any nice char just boring for me most of the time cuz its too nice always.

also i dont think she fits okazaki but someone who is a bit opposite of her but in a good sense

the who dialogue of her is like

nagisa: its thanks to you bla bla bla bla
Okazaki: nah its to you bla bla bla bla

shallow love imo with no real thing going on
Old 2008-01-27, 13:24   Link #63
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
i dunno wut to say but i just say what comes in mind i think she is like too simple minded or something and it annoys me. she her self doenst annoy me but i think that i think like sunohara she is for me to superficial cute in that matter like in the last ep. I like her when its about dango dango and starts making a dango fight xP with fuko. So its more like i get annoyed with er decisions and stuff
Simple minded? I think a naive and kind behaviour don't equate to simple minded at all.
It isn't like she is trying to act cute, so I can't exactly understand why you consider it as superficial, until you consider her behaviour as "only cute" which is quite reductive to what she is

Quote:
also i dont think she fits okazaki but someone who is a bit opposite of her but in a good sense
Opposite? They are indeed in a different league, but they are sure not like water and fire. Aside of that, it is funny because actually, couples with individuals similar have more jarring risk to not work.
In any case, all the girls in CLANNAD are pretty much different and complementary to Tomoya, aside perhaps Tomoyo, but only few similarities.

Quote:
It would be shallow if it doesn't evolve one bit, which is obviously incorrect. Not only Nagisa changed, but Tomoya as well. I think you are viewing her into a narrow light.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:33   Link #64
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:

now that i think about i i geuss im too evil minded to make a like or dont like decision about her

anyway i think she a carring person who puts others infornt of herself. Unless its about okazaki^^

any nice char just boring for me most of the time cuz its too nice always.

the who dialogue of her is like

For god's sake, write properly, I'm having a hard time trying to understand you.

No offense intended, mate, but by hardly using any punctuation and no proper capital letters, it's very hard for other people, let alone myself, to take your dismissal of the show being shallow seriously without making you look like a irrational fanboy.

It was fun while it lasted.
Old 2008-01-27, 13:49   Link #65
BakaOnna

Quote:
Shallow love? Why? Because there's no, God forbid, drama? There's no tension or jealousy between them?

The TomoyaXNagisa pairing is a hell of a lot more natural that majority of what I've seen in romance anime. It develops naturally, not forcibly by shoving that melodramatic 'he loves her so she's just jealous' crap down my throat.
Old 2008-01-27, 19:42   Link #66
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Simple minded? I think a naive and kind behaviour don't equate to simple minded at all.
It isn't like she is trying to act cute, so I can't exactly understand why you consider it as superficial, until you consider her behaviour as "only cute" which is quite reductive to what she is.
doesnt need to equate it per se even though they use it like that in some translation dictionaries

simple minded in that okazaki can trick her into believing almost everything i hope that makes it clear what i mean with simple minded and nagisa. i geuss it hurts when i say that about a char

anyway here you can find some hints to help you out, http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/Na/Naive.html

nah i dont see it from her perspective but from mine the thread is about what do you think of and do you like or dont like. seeing how i get instant replies back on this as if i cant express what i think im laughing my ass off really cuz this is simply hilarious. anyway from my perspective her cuteness as made(fabricated) by the author has made her too cute for me as if she is the reincarnation of jesus or some shit and it same of some other too superficial cute chars that are designed that way so some fanboys and girls get all ooh so cute bla bla etc and form nagisa coalitions

about the only cute thats something your bringing up she has more uses in the story as only cute
Quote:
Opposite? They are indeed in a different league, but they are sure not like water and fire. Aside of that, it is funny because actually, couples with individuals similar have more jarring risk to not work.
In any case, all the girls in CLANNAD are pretty much different and complementary to Tomoya, aside perhaps Tomoyo, but only few similarities..
nah i aint talking about fire and water im talking about one is the more talkative and the other is the more silent type. and no love aint limited to only what i said just that in her case with okazaki.

about the individuals similar and more rish thats exactly what im saying so i dont get the point. and the other girls isnt the point either im more talking about nagisa her case.

Quote:
It would be shallow if it doesn't evolve one bit, which is obviously incorrect. Not only Nagisa changed, but Tomoya as well. I think you are viewing her into a narrow light.
im talkinga bout what would happen if they indeed became a couple i dont say their relation ship now is shallow but if it would go in the direction of love i feel and god you all dont need to agree with it

that it would be shallow

Quote:
For god's sake, write properly, I'm having a hard time trying to understand you.

No offense intended, mate, but by hardly using any punctuation and no proper capital letters, it's very hard for other people, let alone myself, to take your dismissal of the show being shallow seriously without making you look like a irrational fanboy.
i have a hard time to understand your point the moment you talk about show. let me tell you something i aint a find boy girl of this show what soever. im only interested in those 2 boys and the 2 girls who beat em up thats all. i care less if the rest of cast dies etc and even if something happens with the those i coudlnt care less

about shallow ill skip the shallow remark to just a honest reply back (cuz your talking about no one could read while people somehow understood unlike you)

its about the possible love between her okazaki not the show.

again i aint a fanboy i aint a fan of any of em
damn i dont have a nagisa avatar or some other char in my avatar and you wanna talk fan boy??

Quote:
Shallow love? Why? Because there's no, God forbid, drama? There's no tension or jealousy between them?

The TomoyaXNagisa pairing is a hell of a lot more natural that majority of what I've seen in romance anime. It develops naturally, not forcibly by shoving that melodramatic 'he loves her so she's just jealous' crap down my throat.

it would be different if okazaki showed some interest in her other then a friend but now that love or possible love between them is shallow to one side however you wanna call it
Old 2008-01-27, 21:31   Link #67
BakaOnna

Quote:
[useless crap]

it would be different if okazaki showed some interest in her other then a friend but now that love or possible love between them is shallow to one side however you wanna call it
Are you blinded by your bias against Nagisa? How can you NOT see the interest Tomoya shows to Nagisa compared to the others. Do you not understand the concept of subtle development? What, so he's supposed to like her at first site? That's even worse than the melodramatic jealousy plot device.
Old 2008-01-27, 22:03   Link #68
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post

I agree on this point. The two have *great* chemistry. With the exception of the basketball in the rain scene, which I found painfully overdone, the two have interactions I find both sweet and believable. And I say that even though I've felt that Nagisa for much of the series has been too... passive. The last ep, however, showed some serious spine. I think Tomoya is so invested in his tough-guy image that he finds it inscrutable to think Nagisa's interested in him, while Nagisa lacks enough self-confidence to push things. The last ep shows that she's pretty close to getting over that problem, though.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:00   Link #69
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
Are you blinded by your bias against Nagisa? How can you NOT see the interest Tomoya shows to Nagisa compared to the others. Do you not understand the concept of subtle development? What, so he's supposed to like her at first site? That's even worse than the melodramatic jealousy plot device.
i aint bias "I" just dont see it as you see and that dont mean i hate her ffs

i dont see any great interest from tomoya towards nagisa thats so different that i would say wow. instead of saying things like great interest give an example where he gives so great interest in her that is different from towards kotomi or fuko or any other chick he all helps that regardless what.

and yeah subtle development i agree on exactly my point but to what i have yet to see thats he suddenly starts falling in love???? cool great whatever. dude listen i dont give a shit who that guy gets with, do you get that????

@Aquifina whats this great chemistry exactly?? for me its more like tomoya is a bit more intelligent then her or down to earth i dont know how to say it smart or some crap that he needs to do and explain all stuff to nagisa i dont see it as chemistry i think the president older sister girl the pussy blackmail one"could" be a good match for tomoya ("PERSONAL OPINION ok saying that im wrong automatically will make me think who says that is a retard and ignore button")

seeing they(not nagisa) talk on the same lvl and seem to be making good jokes with each other.

and man look i dont even know all these girls names and im a fanboy omg funny
Old 2008-01-28, 00:22   Link #70
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:

i dont see any great interest from tomoya towards nagisa thats so different that i would say wow. instead of saying things like great interest give an example where he gives so great interest in her that is different from towards kotomi or fuko or any other chick he all helps that regardless what.

and yeah subtle development i agree on exactly my point but to what i have yet to see thats he suddenly starts falling in love???? cool great whatever. dude listen i dont give a shit who that guy gets with, do you get that????

@Aquifina whats this great chemistry exactly?? for me its more like tomoya is a bit more intelligent then her or down to earth i dont know how to say it smart or some crap that he needs to do and explain all stuff to nagisa i dont see it as chemistry i think the president older sister girl the pussy blackmail one"could" be a good match for tomoya ("PERSONAL OPINION ok saying that im wrong automatically will make me think who says that is a retard and ignore button")

seeing they(not nagisa) talk on the same lvl and seem to be making good jokes with each other.

First of all, learn the names and learn how to type in English.

You're right in that personal opinion is never wrong, but care to back up what you're saying with examples? People are going to say you're wrong, just like how you say others are wrong in their opinions, grow up.

Yeah, the definition of "subtle development" is that it's not obvious what is going on. If you're not seeing what everyone else is, look harder. Notice how Nagisa makes Tomoya stutter and feel uncomfortable at times, that's something none of the other girls have done so far.

Just because a guy and a girl joke around and get along, doesn't mean they are interested.
Old 2008-01-28, 00:50   Link #71
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

People, please, let the flames cool down. As much as I like Nagisa, she's just a fictional character in a fictional story, no use in calling names and pointing fingers. Moreover if we are just exchanging personal opinions on a relationship. He's totally entitled to see Kyou's, Tomoyo's or Kotomi's relationship as a more natural one. Heck they are all path in the games, they are all scripted to be possibilities. Granted, I personally think Nagisa's path to be the most meaningful one, but that is just visible on retrospective. Right now, chemistry and the such is more a matter of personal opinion.

Let's remain civil
Old 2008-01-28, 01:33   Link #72
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:

Why you can't see anything going between them -> because their love is so deep, you can't see it.

Why would you see anyone else's love -> because it is so shallow, it is superficial and if any would be similar to 'puppy love'.

No, actually Tomoya and the girls are really good friends and only with Nagisa that he shares a deeper bond, one that you currently can't see, but has already been there since the first episode.

Learn how to see deeper and not just with your eyes, learn how to listen to their hearts as well.

Old 2008-01-28, 04:01   Link #73
Stretch5920

I can't stand people like Nagisa, I'll probably get flamed for this post, but I am losing interest fast in the anime because it's her route. I knew it would be since she is the main, but I find her extremely boring. She is the typical dying moe character KEY love to reuse. In the latest ep I wanted to punch her in the face for just rolling over for the underclassmen. Some people might say what she did was nice, but I think it was idiotic.

Personally I found the Tomoya and Tomoyo story in the game far superior and it felt alot more natural to me. Kyou is good character, but her story sucks. I'll probably stick around for the Sunohara siblings arc (please just leave all the girls out of this one, it's manly friendship arc) and then maybe watch them butcher the Tomoyo arc before I drop this anime. Frankly if in the next KEY game/anime the main heroine is another dying moeblob I won't even bother watching it. Anyway I can see that there already had been some Nagisa bashing in this thread, but I feel it is fair that I express that she is the reason I lost interest in the show. Afterall no character will ever be liked by everyone and criticism is just as important as adoration in the entertainment business.

Quote:
Nagisa hair matches her visage
She looks like a cockroach because of the two ahoges.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:13   Link #74
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its weird that people watch this anime when they are not interested in moe characters. When someone finds himself hating a show that everyone else likes, its obvious that the problem lies with the person himself and not the show. And when they complain about it, it makes them stand out like a thorn.

And its completely logical to give in to others if your stand is weaker.

Why not give in to a group of people who really want to do something, the girls really want to form their choir, while Nagisa is backed with a group of people who aren't interested in acting. They will waste the opportunity for others.

The choir girls are freshmen and could make good use of their remaining 2 years for the choir, Nagisa and gang are in their 3rd year, a busy year where exams and such do not allow time for other activities.

And the choir girls were the first to approach the old man, 'first come first serve' applies to this as well.

Nagisa made her choice as a logical one and not just an act of pure kindness.

Old 2008-01-28, 04:14   Link #75
Sheba
Cannot Unsee It

Quote:

So Tomoya have to pull a Makoto Itou to show people he have an interest in Nagisa?
Old 2008-01-28, 04:14   Link #76
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

@Stretch - Nagisa's kinda endearing in her own way though, but I get where you're coming from, it makes sense.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:40   Link #77
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its weird that people watch this anime when they are not interested in moe characters. When someone finds himself hating a show that everyone else likes, its obvious that the problem lies with the person himself and not the show. And when they complain about it, it makes them stand out like a thorn.
First off, I didn't know it was going to be moeblob anime again, I thought they would take a different approach, but I was wrong. Second the anime is NOT perfect and NOT everyone likes it. I think that statement of yours is rather ignorant. KEY projects do have problems, mainly the constant recycling of the same plotlines.

Quote:
And its completely logical to give in to others if your stand is weaker.

Why not give in to a group of people who really want to do something, the girls really want to form their choir, while Nagisa is backed with a group of people who aren't interested in acting. They will waste the opportunity for others.

The choir girls are freshmen and could make good use of their remaining 2 years for the choir, Nagisa and gang are in their 3rd year, a busy year where exams and such do not allow time for other activities.

And the choir girls were the first to approach the old man, 'first come first serve' applies to this as well.

Nagisa made her choice as a logical one and not just an act of pure kindness.
People are illogical selfish creatures. Every single one of us. Someone as "pure and good" as Nagisa is meant to be, is not realistic (yes I know this is anime and it's not real) so I usually do not like it when a story tries to force me to like someone like that. You might agree with what she did, but I do not. I could list several points why, but I don't need to justify my opinion nor am I trying to change yours. I prefer characters like Kyou and Tomoyo who have both good/nice and bad/mean/selfish sides to them, because that is what people are like.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:49   Link #78
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

I don't think it's forcing you to like her, but someone has to be the "main girl".

I personally watch anime because I can see giant robots running around, wizards throwing fireballs, and rather decent representations of what are perhaps sometimes unrealistic characters/archetypes.

I feel it's better to leave realism to... reality, although sometimes it works well in fiction.

You dislike Nagisa, but she's just another character. There's others who prefer Nagisa as the "main girl", and there's people who don't. I prefer Tomoyo and Kyou myself (Tomoyo mainly), as well, but I particularly dislike Ryou.

Nagisa's a warm, fuzzy character; that's who she is. It's not because of poor writing, though.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:54   Link #79
Stretch5920

Like I said, I'm not trying to change anyone elses opinion. If you enjoy Clannad and love Nagisa, good for you. As for realism, yeah I watch anime for mechs and laser beams too, but when it comes to drama/romance I prefer characters to be a little more realistic otherwise I have nothing to get attached to.
Old 2008-01-28, 04:56   Link #80
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
People are illogical selfish creatures. Every single one of us. Someone as "pure and good" as Nagisa is meant to be, is not realistic (yes I know this is anime and it's not real) so I usually do not like it when a story tries to force me to like someone like that. You might agree with what she did, but I do not. I could list several points why, but I don't need to justify my opinion nor am I trying to change yours. I prefer characters like Kyou and Tomoyo who have both good/nice and bad/mean/selfish sides to them, because that is what people are like.
You may want to join the army, because the army I'm now in, the Singapore Armed Forces, has people who are selfless, putting others infront of themselves.

Though we are not 'pure and good', there are people here who sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. And why is that? Because its logical to that, we help each other as a platoon and together we come out of it.

Wait, lol, I'm sure the Singaporeans on this forum are going to laugh at this post, most of us hates national service in the first place.

Last edited by C.A.; 2008-01-28 at 06:07.
Closed Thread