AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 13:33   Link #141
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Spoiler for Plot:
Now if they had developed that scenario into something like that Kyou After doujin game it would have made for a nice second love story though.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:02   Link #142
ginytah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Now if they had developed that scenario into something like that Kyou After doujin game it would have made for a nice second love story though.
thank's God that didn't happen, I would've dropped the show kyou has her own route, plus she got an OVA, there's no reason to mix routes.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:13   Link #143
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Why not? Personally I find the separated routes that most VN have to be reused and beated to the point of death. I would appreciate a bigger sense of continuity and mixed approach to the different characters and routes in this genre, and I think that the scenario that CLANNAD had developed towards its end had lent itself to that.
Old 2009-10-05, 14:38   Link #144
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobodan View Post
I've been thinking the same thing a couple o' days now, I don't think girls like that exist.
I wouldn't say that for sure, it's just extremely rare to find a girl like Nagisa out there.

Quote:
I actually agree with you here, it's one of the biggest hurdles for any relationship especially if the feelings were as strong as Tomoya's.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-05, 14:38   Link #145
ginytah

Quote:
Why not? Personally I find the separated routes that most VN have to be reused and beated to the point of death. I would appreciate a bigger sense of continuity and mixed approach to the different characters and routes in this genre, and I think that the scenario that CLANNAD had developed towards its end had lent itself to that.
IDK, maybe I'm just a sucker for that kind of "eternal love" stories . but that's just my opinion, I was relieved when nothing between kyou and him happened.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:27   Link #146
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

If Kyou and Tomoya got together, we'd have a much much much weaker Shana type thinking Nagisa then.

Nagisa: "Why? What is this feeling? ><"
Old 2009-10-06, 10:49   Link #147
Celebrianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobodan View Post
Of course, that would be great, but if you ask me I'd always go with the option they went for (Tomoya as a single father) -- super cute daughter breaking the crude defense mechanism her father has built up is a lot more emotional (we all know Nagisa would be a great mother, no doubt about that).
Actually, I was thinking of it more from Ushio's side since she wanted to know about her mother. But I guess I should be satisfied with the "Mommy" that Ushio said at the end of the extra episode where they were having the picnic in the park with Fuko and Nagisa calls out to them and tell them let's go home. Awww!
Old 2009-10-06, 21:34   Link #148
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I wouldn't say that for sure, it's just extremely rare to find a girl like Nagisa out there.
Good luck finding any of the Clannad characters in the real world besides the twins and possibly Tomoyo.

If you want to stretch it, I guess I could say that my ex-girlfriend was somewhat Nagisa-like, in always trying to find the good in people and always being nice, but on a much more stupid and manipulated by parents level. She also doesn't look good with short hair.

If the actual Nagisa were real, though, (Which she is, don't tell me she isn't. Clannad is all true, right?) being with her would be quite a double-edged sword, with her sickness that is inheritable.
Old 2009-10-06, 23:44   Link #149
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Well, my gf gets sick quite a bit.

So I'd be worried, but yeah... people are strong, they'll get through somehow. They'll sometimes need help though
Old 2009-10-07, 07:09   Link #150
FhnuZoag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Well, my gf gets sick quite a bit.

So I'd be worried, but yeah... people are strong, they'll get through somehow. They'll sometimes need help though
Make sure you are gathering those light balls, just in case.
Old 2009-10-07, 07:32   Link #151
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Haha.

But I dun wanna cheat on my gf D:

I hope it's like in the anime instead XD
Old 2009-10-07, 20:20   Link #152
Knightrunner

Tomoya is lucky to find somebody that truely cares about him. Nagisa is too optimistic though. If anybody finds a wife or husband that truely cares and support them then they are the luckiest people in the world.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:09   Link #153
ethereal_sol
Everywhere and Nowhere

Just watched the anime, and played through Nagisa's route in the game. She's pure awesome. I'm still at a loss to *what* exactly she has/had. I know it's been brought up before, but I've searched this thread and the Q/A thread and have found nothing more than vagueness. I'm going to guess it's a genetic immune disorder, but I'm sure it's not so simple, and likely truly just a plot device.

Top 3: Hinagiku, Tomoyo, Taiga
Old 2009-10-09, 22:25   Link #154
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

lol.

Well, it kind of is, and it kind of isn't.

We never know for sure what exactly is afflicting her, but it's weaved into the storyline pretty well.

it's something to do with the IW, that's all we can conjecture postively.
Old 2009-10-27, 23:01   Link #155
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
her illness was related to that place wasn't it? So then it would not be a real sickness.
Old 2009-10-28, 01:07   Link #156
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It was related to the IW, yes...but it's still a real sickness. It was feeding off her life force, in essence. Then it went to Ushio's.

*wonders if he should put spoilers*

It's the fever that does it.
Old 2009-11-16, 16:14   Link #157
Isekaijin

Quote:
It was related to the IW, yes...but it's still a real sickness. It was feeding off her life force, in essence. Then it went to Ushio's.

*wonders if he should put spoilers*

It's the fever that does it.
Even so, fever actually protects the body. The high temperature kills most microorganisms. And if it were only the fever, two or three pills would be enough to cure her...

No, there is something more sinister lurking in her body. I've tried researching her disease but nothing. KEY disease, maybe?
Old 2009-11-16, 20:03   Link #158
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh yes, Key disease. The disease that happens when we need drama. Though I think it was better dealt with in Clannad.

Spoiler for Crackpot theory about Air and Clannad:

Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-11-17, 05:10   Link #159
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I would agree with that...

If only like...

Nagisa wasn't so socially awkward. lol.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:42   Link #160
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
I would agree with that...

If only like...

Nagisa wasn't so socially awkward. lol.
Oi, that was only in the beginning of the series. When I first saw Nagisa on the bottom of the hill and Tomoya had that small conversation with her, that was my initial reaction, awkward girl. But as the series moved on and she made friends, she became a normal girl and more

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Closed Thread