AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-22, 10:38   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character discussion - Tomoyo

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tomoyo (Please don't confuse with Tomoya ) related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.
Also, please use this thread if you want to discuss about Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderul Life~.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.
  • Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-29 at 09:32.
Old 2007-10-22, 12:42   Link #2
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Until episode 3. We not know much about Chun-Li disciple. But I like her.
Old 2007-10-22, 14:18   Link #3
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I like the way how Tomoyo thinks and acts to whatever Sunohara throws at her. She just acts calm and accepts the challenge made by Sunohara, even though he knows already he is no match for her. I mean if I was in her position, I would really be irritated and probably just put that guy in the hospital already if that person hasn't learned it's lesson yet.
But out of all the Clannad girls so far in the show, I like Tomoyo the best next to Kyou. Both characters have certainly made their presence really known in the show. I wonder if she has a story behind her that makes her what she is now. I mean there must be some reason why she can fight like that unless she takes Karate classes for fun. Although I've heard that Tomoyo became a very popular character that Key decided to make a separate game just for Tomoyo. I wonder if Kyoto animations will decide to do an adaptation to that one as well.
Old 2007-10-22, 14:40   Link #4
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

I know it wont likely happen but it would be nice if she got with the little blonde dude she is always beating up :P Anyway, what are we up to now, 733 hits? They should make her a secret character in street fighter :P

Old 2007-10-22, 14:53   Link #5
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

defiantly my favorite character in the early going, but much too early to be anywhere near a final decision. the only reason she didnt put that guy in the IC room yet is cuse she wants to shake her bad rep
Old 2007-10-22, 17:32   Link #6
bullrogg

I also tomoyo is also a likeable character in the beginning. However, even at the end series i think she will still be a fav of mine. You gotta love that every episode she beats sunohara up
Old 2007-10-22, 17:37   Link #7
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

shes is my favorite character right now and sunohara getting beaten up by her is very funny plus she seems as a intresting person
Old 2007-10-22, 18:21   Link #8
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Same for me, she's my fav chatacter (along with Fuko, heh), hoping to see more of hey in the coming episode, but if they do her arch halfway through then i wont mind (if that's how there gonna do it anyway).
Old 2007-10-22, 23:53   Link #9
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

She's got to hook up with Suno.

She just has to, it would be freaking awesome.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-10-23, 01:53   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
She's got to hook up with Suno.

She just has to, it would be freaking awesome.
Pulling a ~pure rouge~?

That would be awesome indeed, but that depends on how Kyoto wants to alter the source material to pad the anime or whether or not Tomoyo's story can even make sense if they change the man involved. After all, one way or another, Tomoya is the main character.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-23, 02:33   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyelys View Post
Until episode 3. We not know much about Chun-Li disciple. But I like her.
disciple? she IS chun-Li's master

Tomoyo...best character in the series for me (gosh how i fall for the strong silent type fighting for justice XD)

too bad though it seem that her story may be lacking...or i could be proven wrong (hopefully).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-23, 15:36   Link #12
anselfir
Style Über Alles

tomoyo is love

she should not be dragged around by ye dirty hands in 'pairings.' tomoyo decides her own destiny.

get sonohara's dirty chauvinist hands off of her. that some people would even consider 'pairing up' a strong independent girl with an idiot like that is despicable.

Last edited by anselfir; 2007-10-24 at 01:01.
Old 2007-10-23, 18:28   Link #13
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I consider Tomoyo a passive Sunao-Cool (素直 - ク―ル), which is why she's my favorite character, along with Kyou.

Plus, who DOESN'T like silver hair?
Old 2007-10-23, 21:47   Link #14
Baka-yuki
Lucky Bibliomaniac

Send a message via AIM to Baka-yuki
Tomoyo is my favorite character probably because shes the silent type, and martial artist.
Plus she has silver hair
Old 2007-10-24, 14:34   Link #15
Aznbanana

Tomoyo is my fav cuz shes cute, long silver hair, calm and collected and kicks ass literally. Damn, I might just get the Clannad game to see her whole story.
Old 2007-10-24, 15:53   Link #16
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I may be wrong but i think she has her own spin-off game that 18+. Can someone verify/correct please.
Old 2007-10-24, 15:56   Link #17
Flonne
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
I may be wrong but i think she has her own spin-off game that 18+. Can someone verify/correct please.
She has. It's called Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life.
According to Wikipedia,the PC verison is 18+ while the PS2 verison is 12+.
Old 2007-10-24, 22:02   Link #18
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Dammit i'm definitely going to get Tomoyo's game.. Played a bit of the Clannad, but given up and am patiently waiting for the translation...

Tomoyo is awesome, I really wish she gets more screentime. Her character is just so interesting. I'm a sucker for strong silent types with silver hair.. The hair has to be long too. I love the long hair!
Old 2007-10-25, 20:57   Link #19
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

I usually don't watch bishoujo anime but seeing Tomoyo doing 20-hit combo against delinquents in ep 1, at least I must see her in depth story

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
Old 2007-10-25, 22:54   Link #20
mr_winkie
Producer

I really like Tomoyo and so far the anime's doing a good job capturing her demeanor (and her over-the-top fighting skills). I've played 'Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~' and Key did a good job developing her character (though I'm still in need of clarification on some parts in the game itself).
Closed Thread