AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-09, 21:49   Link #101
mandarb916
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Not sure where this belongs...it's not Clannad...it's not Tomoyo After either...



Tomoyo Fighter :P
mandarb916 is offline  
Old 2008-02-10, 12:21   Link #102
Rhyel
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Solar System
Age: 38
LOL perfect. I want to play.
__________________
Good Day to you.
Thanks KiNA for this lovely signature.
Rhyel is offline  
Old 2008-02-11, 21:29   Link #103
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY
Age: 31
Fun fact!

Tomoyo showed up to the basketball game in episode 16. (13:54)
mikesince83 is offline  
Old 2008-02-11, 21:42   Link #104
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post
Fun fact!

Tomoyo showed up to the basketball game in episode 16. (13:54)
she was shown in the rafters 2 times during the game, and once after the game ended if im correct.
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2008-02-12, 02:39   Link #105
riwoz
._____.
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
Not sure where this belongs...it's not Clannad...it's not Tomoyo After either...



Tomoyo Fighter :P
Whoa Hard Gay appears at 0:17!!

Hooooo!
riwoz is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 11:10   Link #106
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
Tomoyo's my favourite character now ^^

But whereas most fans see her in a romantic light, I would rather have her as my elder sister.

Does anyone else share my opinion? After all, Clannad's all about family
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 12:47   Link #107
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Guze no Sekai
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Tomoyo's my favourite character now ^^

But whereas most fans see her in a romantic light, I would rather have her as my elder sister.

Does anyone else share my opinion? After all, Clannad's all about family
Sister, lover...Hey, she's good at being both, especially after we've seen what she's been through in her own life. In both cases, she can take care of people when she wants to, and that's what makes her a good 'family member' to have around.

Sister or romantic other? Honestly speaking, I would take the latter.
__________________
Owaranai Destiny is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 13:38   Link #108
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Sister, lover...Hey, she's good at being both, especially after we've seen what she's been through in her own life. In both cases, she can take care of people when she wants to, and that's what makes her a good 'family member' to have around.

Sister or romantic other? Honestly speaking, I would take the latter.
In all fairness, I'd prefer Tomoyo as my romantic other rather than anyone else in Clannad. She's emotionally and mentally mature, and unintentionally funny

That being said, I'm happy with the way Clannad is headed. Tomoyo's personality is my favourite but Nagisa's plot is probably better. I prefer plot-driven storylines as opposed to character-driven ones. Besides, I've read a synopsis of Tomoyo After and don't really like it (too random and character-driven).
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 13:49   Link #109
mandarb916
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Besides, I've read a synopsis of Tomoyo After and don't really like it (too random and character-driven).
uhm...it's actually not that random...some aspects are exaggerated, but definitely not random. Character-driven...well aren't a lot of Japanese stories about character development anyways?
mandarb916 is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 15:20   Link #110
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
I didn't realize being character-driven was a bad thing...

Anyway, my respect for Tomoyo has totally shot up as of episode 18.
Mirrinus is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 16:33   Link #111
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
You guys are right. When Tomoyo smiles, it makes me tingly.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 18:26   Link #112
Yukinokesshou
ドジ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In a house
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
You guys are right. When Tomoyo smiles, it makes me tingly.
Indeed. I love Tomoyo's smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
uhm...it's actually not that random...some aspects are exaggerated, but definitely not random. Character-driven...well aren't a lot of Japanese stories about character development anyways?
Okay, you are correct ^^
In that case, the "character driven" rubbish was just a half-arsed attempt at justifying my biased opinion.
Yukinokesshou is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 18:36   Link #113
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
after seeing ep 18, is the reason why tomoyo went crazy because she had to vent out her anger at her current situation with her parents on thugs?
also, did they leave out any important events out of her arc?
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 19:29   Link #114
Rhyel
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Solar System
Age: 38
The important event is about "Family", maybe Tomoya use the idea to go more close to his father.

The Sakura way too, I think.

This is one ideas, I don't see the game.

About Tomoyo, I love her more after episode 18. Every scene on Tomoyo at sports are beautiful.
__________________
Good Day to you.
Thanks KiNA for this lovely signature.
Rhyel is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 20:10   Link #115
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
The important event is about "Family", maybe Tomoya use the idea to go more close to his father.

The Sakura way too, I think.

This is one ideas, I don't see the game.

About Tomoyo, I love her more after episode 18. Every scene on Tomoyo at sports are beautiful.
This is really one of the episodes where the ED is most relevant. I loved this episode from minute one until the previews.
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2008-02-15, 22:02   Link #116
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 28
that game even got old man groping tomoyo in 00:45 and hard gay? oh man i dont even want to think when he start going "hardo gayy hoooo" to tomoyo :facepalm:
Joachim is offline  
Old 2008-02-16, 07:15   Link #117
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
I did like the way things were handled in ep 18:

Spoiler for ep 18:
__________________
Nerroth is offline  
Old 2008-02-16, 08:46   Link #118
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I did like the way things were handled in ep 18:

Spoiler for ep 18:
ep 18
Spoiler:
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2008-02-17, 05:44   Link #119
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 23
Wow now after seeing Tomoyo's route, I want to cry that the anime is only animating Nagisa's. Tomoyo is definitely the best of the girls, Kyou being second.
Reckoner is offline  
Old 2008-02-17, 05:50   Link #120
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
I like Tomoyo, and despite her past being a sad and twisted one, she still has the power to move on forward and acheive what she wants to acheive in school. Finding out about her past was really shocking and in a way, it can also relate to Tomoya...both of them didn't have the ideal family life, thoug I think Tomoyo had the ideal family life after that incident happened. I can also relate to her past and how I sometimes feel like venting out my stored up anger on someone or anything. I can't believe that she had that much anger in herself bottled up like that. She sure is strong compared to the other girls in Clannad.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.