AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-01-16, 20:45   Link #1
JohnArk
High Rank Jungle Guu

Bittorrent Restarts my PC (Still no solution! Help!)

This has been a thread that I've read a couple of times here. I'm not the only one to whom this happens.

You'll start downloading a couple things using Bittorrent (It doesn't matter which one you're using, I tried them all). Let's say I have 5 torrents downloading for a total of 50k/sec to 300k/sec. 5-10 minutes later, my PC will just reboot. My harddrive will do weird sounds, then *poof* the screen goes black I'm at the VideoCard & Ram init that happens when I first turn on my PC.

Here's what some of you wrote:

- Update your Network card drivers (Tested: PC still reboots)
- Buy a new Network card, apperantly D-Link or Linksys (Bought both, still reboots)
- Bought a new 120 Maxtor Harddrive AND re-installed Windows XP (After a fresh new start, it still reboots)

What's left? Broken Processor & Motherboard? Bittorrent has conflicts with my video card? Bittorrent doesn't work with my Sympatico ADSL connection? Bittorrent is programmed to ban people who download too many animes and thus will reboot on purpose if you try to redownload again?

What's the solution? There isn't a single one that works. I tried them all, everything, and still nothing happens. Please don't say "Buy a new PC" ... I don't have the money.

I hope someone can help. Thanks
JohnArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-16, 23:24   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

It is very unlikely that BT causes your system to crash.

1/ Try to change the assigned IRQ for your NIC.

2/ If 1/ doesn't work give us the exact model of your NIC.

Note: why not post this in Download Help?

Last edited by Sway; 2004-01-16 at 23:39.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 03:20   Link #3
Nevion
/dev/random

download python, wxWindows, wxPython and try using a source version of bit torrent, they are already precompiled and all setup for an easy installation, you'll just need to modify your path to include python after installation, to do so, control panel->system->environmental variables->path. put a ';' then add the full path to python.exe ie c:\stuff;c:\Program Files\Python 3.3.2 and reboot to take effect.
or maybe try azeruous or whatever (if you haven't already, has its own problems to certian degrees though).
hope that helps
Nevion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 03:30   Link #4
Thelastguardian

it is definitly a hardware problem. If you already change your hd and the problem persist, I would direct my aim towards your motherboard. Ask your friend to lend his for you to test, better still but a new one yourself. They are cheaper than 120gb hd to say the least.
Old 2004-01-18, 14:28   Link #5
Ark

Before blaming your motherboard or other hardware try these :-

Right-click My Computer
Click Advanced then Startup and Recovery

Now uncheck the Automatically restart tick box

The next time Windows encounters a major error you'll get a Blue screen of Death rather than just a restart - this often gives you the name of the file thats gone wrong.
A search in Google should give you clues about what this file relates to and you can try to rectify the problem from there.

Try sending the error report to Microsoft when it asks to you, I've received 1 fix for exactly your problem when I did this.

Use Windows update to search for new drivers for your hardware.

I'm inclined to suspect your ADSL modem driver.
I'm UK but had similar problems with an Alcatel/Thomson USB modem - 1 driver upgrade and the problem was fixed.

Hope this helps
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-23, 16:46   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer

Theres your anser http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4132
JOJOS'STAR is offline   Reply With Quote