AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 35.04%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 18.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.38%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-01, 10:48   Link #321
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Menclave subs clearly show that part, although with a dark screen I guess it would be difficult.

Here's the scene, shopped for brightness and contrast to reveal the pod:

Spoiler for Pod:
Hm. My screen was dark. Thanks, I feel a lot better now.
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 11:20   Link #322
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Something I noticed that people didn't bring up... the eye color of Soma and Allelujah are the same... indicating that he may have also come from the Ubermensch project that Soma was apart of...
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 12:45   Link #323
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Ubermensch Project? I thought the HRL is Asian, not German
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 14:12   Link #324
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
THIS JUST IN, GUNDAM 00'S NEWEST GUNDAM WILL BE THE ESCALATOR GUNDAM, WHICH WILL RIVAL THE SECRET HIDDEN BOSS ELEVATOR GUNDAM, CAUSE APPARENTLY THE SHOW FAILS ON SO MANY LEVELS IN BATTLE THAT PEOPLE'S INTEREST IN A STUPID GIANT PIPE IS MORE INTERESTING THEN GUNDAM WING 2.0.

Jk. Still decent. But the fights are kinda gimp T_T and it's annoying how you know Setsuna being the main character sucks balls at fighting besides having that plothole trait and will eventually become Kira/Heero. =/ Graham/Zechs/etc is far more interesting of a character, and well, that spot always has been, since the guy actually shows INTEREST IN FIGHTING. WOAHMG, a series that shows robots fighting each other and people wonder why the loved characters are the people who emphasize it? HMMMM T_T

At least the names are cool. Exia is more badass then anything they've made so far. Same with Kyrios, and to an extent Dynames. Virtue is too simple for originality, but it fits. Hella beat GW at least. Sheng Long? Heavy Arms? W T F? Why CHUCK NORRIS wasn't the name for tallgeese 3 completely was beyond me.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 17:10   Link #325
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
Ubermensch Project? I thought the HRL is Asian, not German
"Enhanced Human" or whatever is what Menclave used, but I can't see translating "superman" or what not. Ubermensch is another meaning for the particular word used to describe Soma.

Note: As it appears, it looks like Allelujah's eye color changes or something... D:?
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 17:34   Link #326
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Age: 29
We struggled with that word too. "Choujin" can be translated as superman, superhuman, etc. While 'chou' can be tled as enhanced, super, etc.
In fact, "choujin" appears to be the japanese translation of ubermensch.
However, we felt it wasn't the correct word to use in this specific case. Whilst we can only speculate on Soma's true nature, ubermensch didn't seem like the right word to use, chiefly because of the connotations that word carries and the deeper symbolism. Whilst Soma will probably turn out to be an artificially enhanced human, or some newtypish next step in evolution, ubermensch are not quite like that. An ubermensch, in the way Friedrich Nietzsche describes it, is a person that overcomes, or rather, overcomes himself, his own limitations and weaknesses, etc ( as you can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubermensch )
We came very close to using it, and God knows what them Nips meant it to be, but in the end, we didn't.
__________________
penis, lol
ScR3WiEuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 22:16   Link #327
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY watched the ep with subs...

[rant] C'mon man, we need a reliable speedsubber, I mean this is Gundam for goodness sake not some random title..It shouldn't take me til Thursday of the next week to be apart of this discussion...I appreciate the stellar version, but it's kinda sad that Gundam can't garner one reliable speedsubber just for the initial fan-craving...We'll watch the speed and archive the quality as always, so please someone emerge! [/rant]

I'll skip all the political stuff as it's been overkilled to sickled death in this thread, but I still give the US credit for still having ball$ 300 years in the future in their attempt to kick some Gundam a$$....Again Graham really stands at the pinnacle of what Gundam is about and I know he's everyone's flavor of the week and I can't blame them...

What was interesting to me though was the whole Soopa-soldier thing...I immediately had an artificial newtype flashback when I heard that^^ (And saw the character)...Wished they would have given the girl a little more in the character design department (befitting of a"special" character) but I'll wait for the results of her actions...If she's better than Graham then the Gundams are in trouble...Maybe it's just me but I'm seeing a set-up here, and the Gundam's will pay the price for this course of action...Instead of ending all wars they are going to be the driving force behind the synergy of opposing nations and factions creating and pushing technology in their spite...To defeat them as it were...Graham is the type of character to instill hope and excitement over the prospect of engaging a legendary Gundam, and I see what may be a potential tendency that will foil all CB's plans...That custom FLAG was just the beginning...

Finally with the whole Soopa soldier thing, maybe Tiera is one of them too?? Ya know maybe they screwed up his chemistry a bit to where he craves Vera Wang clothing, yet still is clearly the most aggresive, testoterone pumping G-pilot...Speculation I know, but could he be? Hmmm ...

PS, Anybody did a double take when Setsuna sighed in surprise over the BLACK FLAG??? Because it was DeathNote's Kira voice it gave me instant chill-bumps when I heard it, creepy^^...Also when he jumped into the river I sorta felt this VOLTRON vibe like when one of the pilots would swim underground to get their Liger...LMAO...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 00:56   Link #328
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScR3WiEuS View Post
We struggled with that word too. "Choujin" can be translated as superman, superhuman, etc. While 'chou' can be tled as enhanced, super, etc.
In fact, "choujin" appears to be the japanese translation of ubermensch.
However, we felt it wasn't the correct word to use in this specific case. Whilst we can only speculate on Soma's true nature, ubermensch didn't seem like the right word to use, chiefly because of the connotations that word carries and the deeper symbolism. Whilst Soma will probably turn out to be an artificially enhanced human, or some newtypish next step in evolution, ubermensch are not quite like that. An ubermensch, in the way Friedrich Nietzsche describes it, is a person that overcomes, or rather, overcomes himself, his own limitations and weaknesses, etc ( as you can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubermensch )
We came very close to using it, and God knows what them Nips meant it to be, but in the end, we didn't.
oh well, I think it's actually alright to leave them as "Choujin" and "Chouhei", or translate them into "superhuman" and "super soldier", but Ubermensch? Personally it makes it sound like something from AEU, not HRL.

And personally I really don't think "choujin" here has much to do with Nietzsche's idea of ubermensch, it'd be more related to Rurouni Kenshin's Kyojin vs. Choujin if you ask me
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 06:16   Link #329
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
"Enhanced Human" or whatever is what Menclave used, but I can't see translating "superman" or what not. Ubermensch is another meaning for the particular word used to describe Soma.

Note: As it appears, it looks like Allelujah's eye color changes or something... D:?
Nah, probably heterochromic.

After all, the preview with Angry!Allelujah had his hair covering the normally revealed part of his eyes. (( Which implies his hair style isn't there just for the looks. ))

Now we just need him to say FUCK.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 12:45   Link #330
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScR3WiEuS View Post
We struggled with that word too. "Choujin" can be translated as superman, superhuman, etc. While 'chou' can be tled as enhanced, super, etc.
In fact, "choujin" appears to be the japanese translation of ubermensch.
However, we felt it wasn't the correct word to use in this specific case. Whilst we can only speculate on Soma's true nature, ubermensch didn't seem like the right word to use, chiefly because of the connotations that word carries and the deeper symbolism. Whilst Soma will probably turn out to be an artificially enhanced human, or some newtypish next step in evolution, ubermensch are not quite like that. An ubermensch, in the way Friedrich Nietzsche describes it, is a person that overcomes, or rather, overcomes himself, his own limitations and weaknesses, etc ( as you can read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubermensch )
We came very close to using it, and God knows what them Nips meant it to be, but in the end, we didn't.
Well, I think we can both chalk it up to the fact that we don't have much information on the group. I'm hoping they shed some light on it in the data books that'll come out later on. For all we know, they could be fighting to overcome them selves given the way Allelu yaps about how he doesn't agree with things and how it's wrong (his weakness, etc). *shrugs*
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 15:23   Link #331
Morgun
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Does Azadistan really expect Marina to rule them? They certainly seem to have people far more qualified to lead the country than her. Could the real reason Azadistan reinstated the monarchy be that they're hoping to marry Marina off into a royal family from one of the member nations of the Big 3? They made it clear they need solar power and have little to offer the Big 3 in exchange. Marriage might be their plan for sneaking Azadistan in through the back door and getting a slice of the solar power pie. A longshot probably, but the country looks to be in dire straits.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 16:09   Link #332
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
Does Azadistan really expect Marina to rule them? They certainly seem to have people far more qualified to lead the country than her. Could the real reason Azadistan reinstated the monarchy be that they're hoping to marry Marina off into a royal family from one of the member nations of the Big 3? They made it clear they need solar power and have little to offer the Big 3 in exchange. Marriage might be their plan for sneaking Azadistan in through the back door and getting a slice of the solar power pie. A longshot probably, but the country looks to be in dire straits.
My guess it would be that to bring back faith to the people by having a royalty as a symbol, just as the what Japanese did prior to World War II. Though I don't think that Marina is a puppet figure like Hirohito.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 20:33   Link #333
Archmagination2002
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Of course CB wants the world to unite against them and of course when CB gets destroyed the world would go back to normal.. that is the reason why there must be another step.

I think that step is the assassination/destruction of the World Leaders... it would create a vacuum for a single world government(I think the operatives behind the scenes would have the framework in place and would be waiting for the vacuum) or if they can't produce the framework leave a nation untouched that could expand into the vacuum. Either way it would result in a single, unified world government and no war.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 00:18   Link #334
Narutaro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
A little off-topic... anyone knows how to convert .mkv to the PSP format?
I tried playing conclave-mendoi's episode 4 on my psp (converted by PSP video 9) but it gave me some error.
a little bit late, but if anyonw wants it in psp format here's the one I convert earlier
http://www.sendspace.com/file/111vgf

it's mp4 avc with 384kbps, it's really a pain to convert it because I don't know how to convert from mkv to mp4 psp with the subtitle in 1 encode, the only thing I know how to it is to convert the mkv to other format first like avi with hard subs and then convert the avi to mp4 psp format
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 00:34   Link #335
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Nah, probably heterochromic.

After all, the preview with Angry!Allelujah had his hair covering the normally revealed part of his eyes. (( Which implies his hair style isn't there just for the looks. ))

Now we just need him to say FUCK.
Apparently someone didn't get my Agito/Akito reference, but whatever.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:28   Link #336
Calawain
Gaijin
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York, NY
This episode didn't seem to standout from any of the others really. I mean the action is nice, but the "political intrigue" is laughable. It's pretty obvious nobody on the Sunrise writing staff had ever taken a political science class because I have to laugh out loud at least twice per episode at the way they portray the world in 300 years. The show is generally enjoyable to watch regardless, and probably partially because of that. Making fun of something is enjoyable right?~
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:30   Link #337
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
This episode didn't seem to standout from any of the others really. I mean the action is nice, but the "political intrigue" is laughable. It's pretty obvious nobody on the Sunrise writing staff had ever taken a political science class because I have to laugh out loud at least twice per episode at the way they portray the world in 300 years. The show is generally enjoyable to watch regardless, and probably partially because of that. Making fun of something is enjoyable right?~
Can you be more specific in what made you laugh?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:35   Link #338
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
This episode didn't seem to standout from any of the others really. I mean the action is nice, but the "political intrigue" is laughable. It's pretty obvious nobody on the Sunrise writing staff had ever taken a political science class because I have to laugh out loud at least twice per episode at the way they portray the world in 300 years. The show is generally enjoyable to watch regardless, and probably partially because of that. Making fun of something is enjoyable right?~
Hmmmm it's more like portraying the 20-21st century in a 24th century setting.

Technology and some stuff has been changed but the politics hasn't changed too much.

They want to mirror modern day politics and by putting it into the 24th century they can push it a bit more and it gives them some artistic license to manipulate things.

This show wouldn't be Gundam if they placed it in the 20-21st century, especially with Gundams running around and such. It just wouldn't work.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:38   Link #339
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yes, because right now, the world is divided into three rather solid powerblocks, and the Middle East is largely irrelevant.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 10:42   Link #340
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, because right now, the world is divided into three rather solid powerblocks, and the Middle East is largely irrelevant.
The world IS divided into two powerblocks and a third rather weak one. And there is an obsession with energy supply security. Middle East as an area IS largely irrelevant; what, you think all that current attention was about the local culture?
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.