AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 35.04%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 18.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.38%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-28, 19:09   Link #121
Marsala
Delurker

I also think that it's pretty likely Celestial Being intends to trigger the "war to end all wars" to unite mankind. However, I don't think that they intend to be the enemy that unites everyone against themselves. It simply isn't possible for four mobile suits to be a credible enemy to three superpowers at once; at most, they can be nuisances striking here and there briefly.

Rather, I'm beginning to suspect that Celestial Being may intend to trigger a war between the three superpowers. After four episodes, a pattern is emerging. All of Celestial Being's missions have benefited the Union. Even the two attacks in Taribia merely eliminated illegal narcotics and suppressed a rebellion against the Union. If this pattern continues, the AEU and the HRL (the latter especially) will become suspicious that the Union is secretly backing Celestial Being. This could then lead to a general war, the winner of which would unite the world.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 19:10   Link #122
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
Let's look at it logically, shall we? First off Celestial Being seems to be willing to attack anyone who looks to be starting conflict, practically an invitation for all the factions to focus on them. They obviously aren't against killing, shown by the attack on Ceylon, which means that I can see them using such a plan. The best reason, however, is that it's really their only realistic goal. They can't just end wars by attacking every country that looks like it'll start one, however starting a war against themselves and uniting the rest of the world against them is far from unrealistic. Following this logic, I believe that Celestial Being's plan is to force a situation with them on one side and the rest of the world on the other, thereby uniting the entire world.

There's also a Plan B, which I consider possible, though unlikely. In this scenario, Celestial Being will end up being the villains of the series, "ending war" by destroying all governments that would support it, a fairly anarchistic philosophy, if you will.

Of course, these theories rest on the basis of Sunrise being as creative as I'm giving them credit for, but I'm willing to take the risk after seeing Code Geass.

And the "war to end all wars" was more a reference to World War I than Gundam Wing, though that may also make an interesting comparison.
Here's the thing after CB are gone then what? It's will be just like Soviet and U.S. Became allies to fight the common enemy, Hitler, and after the war was over (or right at the Yalta depends on how you want to look at it) it was the cold war. That reuniting plan just does not work.
Old 2007-10-28, 19:11   Link #123
Geass
~Power of the King~

I completely agree that causing a war between the superpowers is a likely goal, but that would put Celestial Being more into the "villain" slot in my opinion, since starting wars between countries isn't exactly "heroic" of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Here's the thing after CB are gone then what? It's will be just like Soviet and U.S. Became allies to fight the common enemy, Hitler, and after the war was over (or right at the Yalta depends on how you want to look at it) it was the cold war. That reuniting plan just does not work.
Oh, I don't think that it will actually work, nor do I believe it to be Sunrise's intention to portray it so. I think that eventually the four Gundam pilots (and perhaps the rest of the ship's crew) will leave Celestial Being and end up fighting against them (possibly with Graham joining up with them as well). I'm thinking of a Darker than BLACK-type scenario where "Celestial Being" could possibly be being manipulated by a greater power behind the scenes. There are many possibilities as to the true plan and origin of Celestial Being.

Either way, I do believe that Celestial Being is trying to start a war for some reason. The question is how and why. And then, of course, there's the question of whether they really intend to end wars, perhaps Mr. Schenberg had a goal different from what Celestial Being believes, or they do from him.
Old 2007-10-28, 21:28   Link #124
DarkMirage
ευαγγελιον
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
If they dont believe in the word "curroption" by now, then id think theyre all not even alive. Theres many japanese teenagers who also travel abroad but still have the same ignorant thoughts about the world. Probrably one who really understand wouldnt be someone like Saji, and would interest in politics not because of the sake some stereotype teenage figure would be showing his face on gundam. Still if thats the case, then id say, it still just dumb.
So what you are saying is that everyone should be born with an interest in politics? It doesn't work that way. At least Sunrise is bringing more awareness to the situation instead of going "lol those ignorant kids won't understand it anyway so screw the politics and just put some moe girls in".
DarkMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 22:34   Link #125
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMirage View Post
So what you are saying is that everyone should be born with an interest in politics? It doesn't work that way. At least Sunrise is bringing more awareness to the situation instead of going "lol those ignorant kids won't understand it anyway so screw the politics and just put some moe girls in".
Hey the girls in OO look decent. At least Sumeragi does!
Old 2007-10-28, 22:39   Link #126
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Wang Liu Mei is great too!
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 22:59   Link #127
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Wang Liu Mei is great too!
You know, I'm starting to get the hint of an idea as to the actual meaning of "OO"......
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 23:25   Link #128
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMirage View Post
I agree with you, thats why in my earlier post, i said didint care about politics to begin with, im in for the gundam and thats all. I think the people who made this anime has their own point of view in politics which i dont care.

Take for instance, Setsuna is supposively Kurdish, Kurdishtan is part of Iraq which is sunni muslims which is fighting for independence. The biggest oil field in Iraq is located in this state.

The previous regime would halt and repel an rebellion in that state. Now that regime is a westernized govement created of the influence of its creator, United States. If there were a big fight over resource in Kurdistan in that anime, i dont see the connection. If a muslim nation wants to attack Kurdistan over oil when theres many muslim nations are oil supplying nations, what theyre fighting for would probrably not for oil but who dont deserve that oil.

If that the case, theyd be comming down there with big heavy mechas and start genociding people for this reason and commanding people to believe in god. Still there is the thing of political infiltration and influence, war is not needed among people living in the same region. Do they want to potray a hypocrisy of religion so thus turn away from religion, just because of some spoil apple in school, thus that mean a person shouldnt go to school? Just because the last finger doesnt work, cut the whole arm off? A godless pepople like japanese wounldnt know what is the nature of middle easterner to give up their religion so easily. The one who usually give up their religion are the curropted ones.What the japanese can do is make something about christianity which constitutes a part of their history and culture.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 23:41   Link #129
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
I agree with you, thats why in my earlier post, i said didint care about politics to begin with, im in for the gundam and thats all. I think the people who made this anime has their own point of view in politics which i dont care.

Take for instance, Setsuna is supposively Kurdish, Kurdishtan is part of Iraq which is sunni muslims which is fighting for independence. The biggest oil field in Iraq is located in this state.

The previous regime would halt and repel an rebellion in that state. Now that regime is a westernized govement created of the influence of its creator, United States. If there were a big fight over resource in Kurdistan in that anime, i dont see the connection. If a muslim nation wants to attack Kurdistan over oil when theres many muslim nations are oil supplying nations, what theyre fighting for would probrably not for oil but who dont deserve that oil.

If that the case, theyd be comming down there with big heavy mechas and start genociding people for this reason and commanding people to believe in god. Still there is the thing of political infiltration and influence, war is not needed among people living in the same region. Do they want to potray a hypocrisy of religion so thus turn away from religion, just because of some spoil apple in school, thus that mean a person shouldnt go to school? Just because the last finger doesnt work, cut the whole arm off? A godless pepople like japanese wounldnt know what is the nature of middle easterner to give up their religion so easily. What they can do is make something about christianity which constitutes a part of their history and culture.
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say in the last paragraph but I'll take a wild guess.

The Kurds actually claim part of Turkey as part of their nation. This is why there's such a fear of Turkey invading northern Iraq right now. Also, while they are predominantly Sunni muslims, they're not as strict in their practice compared to other Arabs. Therefore, it's not a huge stretch for them to be labeled as non-believers by more hardline regimes.

I don't quite understand what you mean by Middle Easterners giving up their religion. Islam has converted many people by the sword, same with Christianity.

What I'm guessing you mean by the last sentence is how they mentioned the Catholic/Protestant conflict in Ireland with the IRA and not the current Sunni/Shi'ite conflict in the Middle East. While there has been mention of terrorist attacks, I'm curious as to what the current situation is really like.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 00:11   Link #130
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Still no ep out which means I can't say what I wanna say anyways...

Watched the raw and Graham's upgrade was something to behold...Aside from that I don't know, and don't wanna really be influenced (since the consensus opinions usually differ from my own)..With that, I still think Graham needs that mask, that was the only thing missing T_T...
Old 2007-10-29, 00:18   Link #131
rpgman1

Setsuna is really a Kurd just like Sniper Wolf from MGS. It's really sad that Setsuna grew up fighting in order to survive. The series seems to be getting slightly more political since all three factions are dealing against CB. This is a war that will affect the world in the form of change. I also wonder if Saji is going to be an observer to see the events unfold.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 01:21   Link #132
patgarci

Hey I just noticed that some grunts were able to dodge a shot from one of the gundams...I wonder if u guys noticed it too.
patgarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 01:52   Link #133
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

nyoro~n's released their ass. file for episode 4.

Although there are still a few lines that hardly can be called accurate, it's definitely much better than the wreck that was 03v1. And at least the wrong ones weren't 180 off.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 02:35   Link #134
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
nyoro~n's released their ass. file for episode 4. [...]
Did they? Because I can't see any torrent anywhere around, even on their website. Actually, I can't see any torrent of 4th episode... it's just me or not?
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 02:56   Link #135
mikyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Toshokan
Announcing he unholy union of Nyoro~n and Zeonic Corps.​ Timed to Saiyaman's HD raw.
hn ... Nyoron and Zeonic Corps joned for this gundam 00?
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 03:30   Link #136
EXEs
Hallelujah...

@mikyu: Nyoro~joined after ep 3 aired, I think.

GAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I need my weekly fix of Gundam 00-ness, stat!!! Patient going into shock!!! Sorry, just needed to release my eagerness for Ep 4 subs to come out. Conclave Mendoi seemed to have ran into a few probs, which weren't helped by late release of 04 raws, they say.
Old 2007-10-29, 03:40   Link #137
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Is it just me or is Sagi actually really looking like the typical Gundam protagonist, and a perfect candidate for the fifth member of the sentai rangers? you know, a normal kid who somehow trips over a Gundam, or stumbles upon a magical ring to join the forces that fight against evil. And he's a Japanese, so he got to be very important sooner or later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
Let's look at it logically, shall we? First off Celestial Being seems to be willing to attack anyone who looks to be starting conflict, practically an invitation for all the factions to focus on them. They obviously aren't against killing, shown by the attack on Ceylon, which means that I can see them using such a plan. The best reason, however, is that it's really their only realistic goal. They can't just end wars by attacking every country that looks like it'll start one, however starting a war against themselves and uniting the rest of the world against them is far from unrealistic. Following this logic, I believe that Celestial Being's plan is to force a situation with them on one side and the rest of the world on the other, thereby uniting the entire world.
This reminds me of Wild Arms 2, where the main hero/villain starts terrorist attacks to unite the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
in the world of gundams, there aren't really actual good guys or bad guys....politics & miltary organisations each have their own individual agendas to acheive, manipulating each other to achieve each other goals.

If you relly want to see a clear distinctive good guys/bad guys, watching Toku series would be more appropriate....

I find Saji as a normal typical teenage boy trying to understand what the world is thinking .
well, Sagi does not really belong to the good guy/bad guy thing, but he's a nice guy, and nice enough to become an indecisive harem lead in a harem anime Maybe Gundam 00 will end up a harem show with Sagi being the lead?
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 04:14   Link #138
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
Is it just me or is Sagi actually really looking like the typical Gundam protagonist, and a perfect candidate for the fifth member of the sentai rangers? you know, a normal kid who somehow trips over a Gundam, or stumbles upon a magical ring to join the forces that fight against evil. And he's a Japanese, so he got to be very important sooner or later
Hmm...
Spoiler for Episode 5 spoilers + speculation:
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 04:21   Link #139
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
[...]
well, Sagi does not really belong to the good guy/bad guy thing, but he's a nice guy, and nice enough to become an indecisive harem lead in a harem anime Maybe Gundam 00 will end up a harem show with Sagi being the lead?
Hmm, and CB being shounen-ai harem with setsuna as half-loli emo center of interest for the rest of gundam meisters? All hail 13-15 female fandom!
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 06:12   Link #140
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
You're telling me that 00 might turn out to be Heero vs. Kira via proxy?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote