AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 06:57   Link #441
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Yeah, but then again the average person in Bleach has an IQ of 90. He makes jokes during battles, doesn't fight seriously, doesn't notice people around him being dead. Being stupid is normal in Bleach.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 08:13   Link #442
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik

This sums it up.

The moment anyone saw Uluquoria he/she could guess he's emo - he could even smile and sing about joy of life and yet he'd be emo - a guy with a eyeliner Oo
Old 2009-08-27, 10:44   Link #443
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post

This sums it up.

The moment anyone saw Uluquoria he/she could guess he's emo - he could even smile and sing about joy of life and yet he'd be emo - a guy with a eyeliner Oo
XD
yeah Ulqui is definitely emo
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 17:07   Link #444
Wolcik

I forgot to mention something while writng last long post:

Kubo has written the story only up to SS arc and the rest is redoing the same script with diffrent actors. Right now SS is all goody-goody with all "likable" captains&VCs, but it didn't used to be. When we first get to know SS we knew it had a system, but then it was proven to be morally wrong like Kon or Quincy.
In SS arc we get to know that most of those things are because 46 council was compromised, and after Urahara left 12th division a insane Mayuri took his possition. This suppose to show us that SS isn't the bad thing after all, but the individuals that are there.
BUT correct my if I'm wrong that SS allows all those bad things to happen.

SS lets insane people out of prison and roam free - the existance of Mayuri himself was such a threat for the whole world that he was imprisoned inside a prison in a solitary cell. Urahara had an eye on him while he was up there, but then he was judged to be a criminal himself. So Urahara promised Mayuri his seat, but why SS grants a wish of a villain? Even if 46 council was compromised at this point (not only tricked by double Aizen) then why nobody objects it? It makes it look like 46 council could do anything they want - even announce Aizen king and sentence everybody else to death, and most of SS wouldn't have a problem with that.

I'm not talking about how bad the souls are treated or how imballanced the whole hollow=souls=shinigami thing is. Those are small fries compared to the biggest question how the fuck does SS still exist with such bad leadership.
Who the fuck is council 46 that the main force of SS (that is shinigami) bow to their every command. I know that a good country need army and goverment (if there's no king, but even he needs advisors and dukes).

I mean that it all looks good on paper, but if you think about it - Kenpachi isn't the worst person up there. As shown many times orders are more important than common sense.
SoiFong attacked Ichigo (in a filler, right) because she was told to, even when she knew him. It's not a super hero comic book when each time heroes meet they must fight for two pages just to please the fans. The most logical reason for comic superheroes is that it feels awesome, and realesing all stress through a little voilance is better than asking one or two questions sooner (not durring a battle).
e.g. Wolverine arives at the scene of murder where is Daredevil. They both know each other and they both are good guys. Yet Wolverine assums that Daredevil is under some evil infuance, or it's a clone or something and attacks. They exchange few blows and chat politly. Then Logan if Daredevil were the one to commit this crime and he replies that he wasn't and the story moves on.
Usually the sinister could fiqure out that blaming a super hero would lead to unnecessary fight that would give him an advantage. Well. in bleach (as in many mangas) this is overlooked, but the simple reason - why need story when you can have money...
Old 2009-08-27, 19:33   Link #445
Rickketik

I find it hilarious how this mangaka tries to surprise the readers with 'suspense' and even more and more and more suspense

This dude is probably one of the worst storytellers ever..Shonen Mangakas in general are not great storytellers, there are only a few who you could call great, most of them are decent or just...really bad.

It has to do with the fact that most of those mangakas are people who first felt in love with visuals rather then story. Those guys have spent a huge amount of time trying to create their own 'style' and trying to perfect the art of illustration instead the art of storytelling.

But there is something that shonen mangakas do really well; Concept design!
Look at the top 5 shonen mangas, they all have great concepts, and sometimes great characters. But they are all just poorly executed.

In the hands of a good storyteller, Bleach might have been just that - A great piece of art

......But my god this guy sucks ASS!!

Last edited by Rickketik; 2009-08-28 at 03:22.
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 02:43   Link #446
roriconfan
Banned

I will tell you what went on wrong with most stories in most seires in general. Poor planning. They don't know what the hell they are doing. They move at random. Unless you are a master writter, there is no way to make a good 500+ chapters story if you move along at random. You need to think of the story first and then do a proper storyboard. But no, it is all about the rule of cool and most people don't care about storytelling to begin with... Or they do if the shit hits the the fan like in Bleach.

If Bleach was lame from the beginning, nobody would care much. If One Piece was this awesome from the beginning nobody would care there either.

But no, like in most tv sequels, they are forced to find openings where there are none. Like, the later seasons of Prison Brake or Lost where shit amass for seasons and finally hit the fan.

It's all about proper planning. Big stories need planning. Kubo planned the story up to SS but then it was just about the money.

And so we come to the basis of what went wrong in Bleach. The fans do. They all claim they like it no matter how shitty it is. They find it entertaining no matter how repetitive or boring or lame it becomes. So, I ask you, if Kubo makes money from the very people who complain about his work, ain't he far more badass that those poor mangaka who make money only from people who like their work?

Kubo is badass. He makes money even by people who don't like him. So, he is great and the fans are the ones to blame for not simply giving up on him.

Do you want Bleach to get better? Stop being content with this shit then. Stop buying the manga and the figurines. He will definately improve to save his buziness.
Old 2009-08-28, 03:07   Link #447
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
And so we come to the basis of what went wrong in Bleach. The fans do. They all claim they like it no matter how shitty it is. They find it entertaining no matter how repetitive or boring or lame it becomes. So, I ask you, if Kubo makes money from the very people who complain about his work, ain't he far more badass that those poor mangaka who make money only from people who like their work?

Kubo is badass. He makes money even by people who don't like him. So, he is great and the fans are the ones to blame for not simply giving up on him.

Do you want Bleach to get better? Stop being content with this shit then. Stop buying the manga and the figurines. He will definately improve to save his buziness.
I wonder just how many of us actually do support Bleach financially...
Old 2009-08-28, 03:19   Link #448
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wonder just how many of us actually do support Bleach financially...
I buy DVD's, but only after watching the episodes for free online.
Old 2009-08-28, 05:20   Link #449
Wolcik

I don't support anybody finacially... only grocery store.

On the side note the concept here isn't that awesome anyway. Nauro is about ninjas, Bleach is about Samurais, while One Piece is about Pirates. It should be big four not three, but nobody hasn't written a good story about zombies yet XD

Bleach have/had a proven concept of huge sword from FF. It's hard to be original and Bleach just stopped trying.
Old 2009-08-28, 05:30   Link #450
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
I don't support anybody finacially... only grocery store.

On the side note the concept here isn't that awesome anyway. Nauro is about ninjas, Bleach is about Samurais, while One Piece is about Pirates. It should be big four not three, but nobody hasn't written a good story about zombies yet XD

Bleach have/had a proven concept of huge sword from FF. It's hard to be original and Bleach just stopped trying.
I don't think Bleach is about Samurai, the Shinigami just have swords but they don't seem to pratice bushido.
Old 2009-08-28, 05:41   Link #451
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I don't think Bleach is about Samurai, the Shinigami just have swords but they don't seem to pratice bushido.
Kenpachi used kendo. They all wear samruai like "cool" black kimonos. They aren't called samruais, but they pretty much are the closes thing that Bleach rips off.

I'm starting to wonder if Aizen have another round "You killed half of my guys but I still have upper hand" and Wonderwise will smack masked Mashiro.
Old 2009-08-28, 06:10   Link #452
roriconfan
Banned

Excuse me, stop trying to fool yourselves that the famous shounen series are about realistic settings.

Ninjas were NOT like shown in Naruto, samurais are NOT like in Bleach and pirates have nothing to do with One Piece. Going further, monks have nothing to do with Dragonball, magicians have nothing to do with Fairy Tail, knights have nothing to do with Queen's Blade.

So, let's stick to aesthetics only.
Old 2009-08-28, 06:17   Link #453
Wolcik

Quote:
Excuse me, stop trying to fool yourselves that the famous shounen series are about realistic settings.

Ninjas were NOT like shown in Naruto, samurais are NOT like in Bleach and pirates have nothing to do with One Piece. Going further, monks have nothing to do with Dragonball, magicians have nothing to do with Fairy Tail, knights have nothing to do with Queen's Blade.

I mean that idea of ninja's and others is awesome.
Who cares if your gardener can kill you without making a sound - it's not as cool if he could transform into another peson or clone himsel XD

Bleach is about spiritual samruais that have 2 super sayajin levels and kill monster for fun (or other more stupid reason).
Old 2009-08-28, 06:24   Link #454
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Who cares if your gardener can kill you without making a sound
Fredy Krugger does
or Schissorshand starring Jonny Depp does
...and then there is Clock Tower
Old 2009-08-28, 06:32   Link #455
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:

Yeah but see the thing is when you say something like ninja or pirate then then you imideatly come up with a description of ninja's and pirates ect.

Despite some minor differences the majority of readers will have a pretty similar idea of what a ninja or a pirate should act like. So isn't it up to the writer to explain how their 'ninjas' or 'pirates' work so the reader can understand that they are actually different. It's the main reason why you get such a hatedom with Naruto. Because Kishi never did that (atleast I don't think he did). we had to figure it out for ourselves.
Old 2009-08-28, 06:45   Link #456
roriconfan
Banned

If Kishi had named them "bright orange jumpsuit warriors", I wouldn't mind at all.
And if Kubo would stick to showing souls departing from the dead menos and shinigamis not growing up at random intervals, I wouldn't mind either.
Old 2009-08-28, 11:57   Link #457
Wolcik

Quote:
If Kishi had named them "bright orange jumpsuit warriors", I wouldn't mind at all.
And if Kubo would stick to showing souls departing from the dead menos and shinigamis not growing up at random intervals, I wouldn't mind either.
Well, in Naruto ninjas suppose to be just some warriors that instead calling their tricks magic called them jutsus... well that was untill samurai concept showed up.

Bleach tends to forget things like two points that after pearcing makes you lose all reiatsu or rahter "shinigami powers".
Old 2009-08-29, 21:35   Link #458
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
I will tell you what went on wrong with most stories in most seires in general. Poor planning. They don't know what the hell they are doing. They move at random. Unless you are a master writter, there is no way to make a good 500+ chapters story if you move along at random. You need to think of the story first and then do a proper storyboard. But no, it is all about the rule of cool and most people don't care about storytelling to begin with... Or they do if the shit hits the the fan like in Bleach.

If Bleach was lame from the beginning, nobody would care much. If One Piece was this awesome from the beginning nobody would care there either.

But no, like in most tv sequels, they are forced to find openings where there are none. Like, the later seasons of Prison Brake or Lost where shit amass for seasons and finally hit the fan.

It's all about proper planning. Big stories need planning. Kubo planned the story up to SS but then it was just about the money.

i do not and never will own a bleach mnaga. that would hurt my collection of books, dvds and mangas. i would have to apologise to them every day.

though what i don't get is why is it still sucessfull. i mean it really dose'nt exite me anymore and i'm sure it is the same for some of the other readers as well.

One piece is amazing. as soon as they went on to the grand line, Oda had a plan and he has executed it amazingly well. he is a great story teller.
Old 2009-08-30, 00:29   Link #459
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Naruto and One Piece have been executed very skillfully, Bleach on the other hand has become the modern incarnation of dragonball z with even less continuity. I've only purchased the first 3 seasons of Bleach because they were the only ones worth having, whenever i recommend bleach to my friends i always stress that the story goes to crap after the SS arc, and they'll understand when they see it.
Old 2009-08-30, 00:37   Link #460
Nosauz

well bleach and naruto at times really feel like they are serials, stories written week to week, with no overarching plan, or master strokes to guide the reader into anticipating the next event, and eventually the end, which is counter intuitive to the serial business since they want something that would last forever. I guess you can say that their young writers compared to Oda, and if you look adachi, even though his mangas run 300-400 chapters it's still paced, guess it's just experience.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote