AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2010-06-26, 18:50   Link #661
crazydom

A ton of things ruined Bleach but Aizen is the biggest and most obvious example of how Bleach got ruined. He is without a doubt, the biggest Gary Stu I have ever seen which is saying something considering he's the villain. During the past couple months, how many fakeouts did we have with chapters ending with Aizen 'getting owned' only for him to be unharmed next chapter? It's one of the lamest things I've ever seen in fiction because we all know Aizen is just going to go lolno next chapter.

The thing that really annoys me about Aizen is that he ISN'T necessarily that overpowered. He admitted Yamamoto is stronger but of course he made Wonderweiss just to negate Yamamoto. He reaches his shinigami limit against Isshin and Urahara but the Hogyoku saves his ass repeatedly. This is the main reason that Aizen really pisses me off. He is not the all knowing, omnipresent douchebag that he is portrayed as. He just gets saved over and over by Kubo giving him anti-spray like he's Batman or giving him random power-ups. The hero is the one that's supposed to need DEM to survive fights not the frikking villain who is portrayed as God.

It's like Aizen is Kubo's version of Sasuke but it's made 5000x worse because he's the main villain and constantly gets new powers as the plot demands or reveals that he planned some elaborate scheme that makes absolutely no sense.
crazydom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 04:42   Link #662
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydom View Post
He is without a doubt, the biggest Gary Stu I have ever seen which is saying something considering he's the villain. During the past couple months, how many fakeouts did we have with chapters ending with Aizen 'getting owned' only for him to be unharmed next chapter? It's one of the lamest things I've ever seen in fiction because we all know Aizen is just going to go lolno next chapter.

The thing that really annoys me about Aizen is that he ISN'T necessarily that overpowered.

He is not the all knowing, omnipresent douchebag that he is portrayed as. He just gets saved over and over by Kubo giving him anti-spray like he's Batman or giving him random power-ups. The hero is the one that's supposed to need DEM to survive fights not the frikking villain who is portrayed as God.

It's like Aizen is Kubo's version of Sasuke but it's made 5000x worse because he's the main villain and constantly gets new powers as the plot demands or reveals that he planned some elaborate scheme that makes absolutely no sense.
Hm, change the name Aizen with Naraku and it fits nicely too.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 15:49   Link #663
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Hm, change the name Aizen with Naraku and it fits nicely too.
...and it took InuYasha less time to learn the final technique for his sword too
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 18:46   Link #664
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
this hasnt happened yet

Old 2010-06-29, 19:01   Link #665
kitten320

I wouldn't mind that as long as this form is actually useful.
Old 2010-06-29, 19:06   Link #666
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I wish they'd stop whoring the MC's so much. chad has been in the anime since episode2? and he's still so weak compared to everyone else. hes my favorite character ><
Old 2010-06-29, 19:39   Link #667
kitten320

For real? 0_0
That was unexpected, good to know that at least someone likes him.
Old 2010-06-29, 21:41   Link #668
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
For real? 0_0
That was unexpected, good to know that at least someone likes him.
there are a lot who like him. dont mistaken him for soifon XP jk
Old 2010-06-29, 22:27   Link #669
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
What went wrong in Bleach? When Kubo ran out of ideas and started getting stuff from other mangas like DBZ.
Old 2010-06-29, 22:47   Link #670
Crontica

Bleach went bust the moment they abandoned real world development and restraints.

Author running out of ideas was inevitable the moment this series gained immortality.
Old 2010-06-29, 22:53   Link #671
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

This is why shorter animes are mostly better
Old 2010-06-29, 23:55   Link #672
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
this hasnt happened yet

I'm confused, are you saving Bleach went wrong by not having that happen yet, or are you predicting something that will go wrong in the future?

Depending on your answer, I may still be confused, since that form looks pretty awesome. I am kind of hoping that Chad's next piece of magic armor will be on his legs though, it would be nice to see Chad not be the slowest character in Bleach anymore.
Old 2010-06-30, 00:03   Link #673
xSam
JellyBabie

Bleach went "wrong" because you had your own expectations of the story line.
xSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 00:45   Link #674
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Aizen is basically the main character Ichigo.

Both are invincible and can never die, get power ups every few chapters, and have ridiculous plot kais that prevent them from ever being defeated.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 07:12   Link #675
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I'm confused, are you saving Bleach went wrong by not having that happen yet, or are you predicting something that will go wrong in the future?

Depending on your answer, I may still be confused, since that form looks pretty awesome. I am kind of hoping that Chad's next piece of magic armor will be on his legs though, it would be nice to see Chad not be the slowest character in Bleach anymore.
By not happening yet. If they gave chad a powerup and more screen time they would make a lot of people happy. But instead he gets ignored almost as much as tatsuki
Old 2010-06-30, 13:14   Link #676
Gin
*Artist

Well he did get 2 power ups in HM. And he's not Ichigo, so Kubo makes him train before just handing him power ups so when they all get back to the real world Chad will probably start training again for the next arc. Have faith.
Old 2010-06-30, 19:05   Link #677
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well he did get 2 power ups in HM. And he's not Ichigo, so Kubo makes him train before just handing him power ups so when they all get back to the real world Chad will probably start training again for the next arc. Have faith.
Oh i'll have faith in him training...
The issue is whether that training will actually amount to anything...
So far, Chad's got a pretty terrible record; the most he can hope for is being able to beat a minor named enemy
Slayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 02:59   Link #678
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

they are stretching the story for the sake of milking it! this is 2010 DBZ......
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 03:46   Link #679
Marvx360x

The Aizen hax:/

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 12:50   Link #680
maewie

Dragging fights and the wrong way to solve "FKT-crisis"-scene. More suspense, more thrill, more unsolved mysteries that the characters need to work out.
And ofc; more comedy and generally talking about other things than "im more imba than you-OFMG he is so imba-i will defeat him even if he is imba-rawrr".

My way of "saving bleach":
Let Aizen kill off a load of people, lots blood and gore, and let him get his damn key. The remains of these events will be material enough for loads of chapters (new captains, new commander, Ichigo interacting with his friends in the normal world, how to rebuild life again etc) And hey! Maybe the total number of characters will be reduced aswell Yey!