AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-05, 12:10   Link #781
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
So what are you saying? My opinion is wrong and yours is right? I loved the battles in FKT. Ikkaku refusing to show his bankai actually allowed for a cool scene between him and Iba.

Stark losing to Shunsui's shikai was just because the battle had been worn out for a bit too long. And Stark did land some good hits on Shunsui.

Toushirou VS Halibel was ice vs water, which is like fire vs fire. The strongest one wins, either Toushirou's ice freezes Halibel's water, or Halibel's water turns Toushirou's ice into water. In the end, Toushirou landed a good blow, but we'll never really know who would have won in the end.

About Barragan, that's just how it works. You don't like it, too bad.

I don't see why you people keep watching if you loathe it so much. I can just imagine you reading Bleach thinking, "Sigh another crappy chapter." If it's so bad, stop watching?
No I'm stating my opinion on the manga and your opinion which is the fights sucked and I disagree with your opinion.

Reason I keep on reading? For the lulz, curiousity and to see how it ends.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:11   Link #782
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
On the latest note, butterfly wings, wtf
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:14   Link #783
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No it isn't. It was completely avoidable in Kubo didn't make Aizen so hax.
Indeed... FKT would have had a purpose if Aizen wasn't so powerful... as it stands he didn't need any of the arrancar except for Wonderweiss

A much better way for FKT to have played out would be for all of the SS captains(except yammaji) and most of vizards being beaten and KO'd by the espada before the espada themselves fell... Yamaji himself gets KO'd like he did against wonderweiss... Then we have Aizen STRUGGLE to defeat what remains of the good guys, in the end making so that he only just barely comes out on top...

The espada eliminating most of the captains and Vizards themselves shows us that they actually accomplished something... and making Aizen STRUGGLE against the few that remain tells us that Aizen WOULD have lost for certain if all those captains and vizards were not eliminated beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob
I don't see why you people keep watching if you loathe it so much. I can just imagine you reading Bleach thinking, "Sigh another crappy chapter." If it's so bad, stop watching?
- bad habits die hard
- Its sometimes fun to make fun of things; schadenfreude
- quite personally, I am actually finding some of these mangas as interesting studies on what NOT to do... I actually feel like i may have come up with a couple of storylines based on what Kubo DID NOT do, but could have done; like thinking about the great potential many of these characters had or how this entire war COULD have been great... honestly, before bleach i would have never have imagined how an overpowered Villain could actually come off as more BORING than threatening


Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
WTF Wonderweiss!! Yea he helped the storyline move forward, but as for Azien being victorious I don't think so. I think FKT was created in order to reveal the rest of the Esapda. I know the FKT arc is over in the manga of course, but I never saw it as being a complete and utter waste. FKT was lengthen to much though. Aizen should have just went to real Karakura when the other captias were defeated and only Ichigo, and Isshin left. Kisuke and Yourichi could have been saved till they went there.
Well ya wonderweiss... Yammaji pocessed one of the few counters to Aizen's shikai; the ability to wipe out EVERYTHING in a 10 mile radius (or however big the town was). Aizen can't move THAT fast, and no amount of hypnosis would allow Aizen to escape that. But wonderweiss neutralized that power and then managed to KO Yammaji himself... Not to mention that Wonderweiss also KO'd Ukitake, Mashiro, and Kensei (presumably); that's more than any of the espada or fraccion could really claim..

And ya, Aizen could have one on his own with just wonderweiss... his strength alone is enough for him to trump fighting multiple captain level opponents. And if their was any shread of hope that they might have been able to overpower him with even more back up, he can use his incredibly hax shikai to very easily make up the difference...

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-09-05 at 12:28.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:57   Link #784
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post


Well ya wonderweiss... Yammaji pocessed one of the few counters to Aizen's shikai; the ability to wipe out EVERYTHING in a 10 mile radius (or however big the town was). Aizen can't move THAT fast, and no amount of hypnosis would allow Aizen to escape that. But wonderweiss neutralized that power and then managed to KO Yammaji himself... Not to mention that Wonderweiss also KO'd Ukitake, Mashiro, and Kensei (presumably); that's more than any of the espada or fraccion could really claim..

And ya, Aizen could have one on his own with just wonderweiss... his strength alone is enough for him to trump fighting multiple captain level opponents. And if their was any shread of hope that they might have been able to overpower him with even more back up, he can use his incredibly hax shikai to very easily make up the difference...
Wonderweiss lost to Yamamoto though with a punch. He might be able to beat a lot of captains, but come on Aizen was only right to use him as a last resort . He could have lost to Soi fon too.
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 12:58   Link #785
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
As you mention Kensei, where the heck is he?
I can't believe that he just Bankai'ed to be pwned by non-release WW.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 13:39   Link #786
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Wonderweiss lost to Yamamoto though with a punch. He might be able to beat a lot of captains, but come on Aizen was only right to use him as a last resort . He could have lost to Soi fon too.
Never claimed that he was stronger than the espada, only that he contributed more than the rest of them... All the damage the espada and such did was utterly meaningless as Aizen could have beaten everyone on his own... Yammaji's powers were the only thing it seemed like Aizen could not deal with. Hence why WW was the only one to contribute to his victory...

mentioning everything else he did was really just more of a bonus... even if he wasn't stronger than the other espada, he still did more damage then they did; which is sad really... hell even in death, WW did more than the espada did...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
As you mention Kensei, where the heck is he?
I can't believe that he just Bankai'ed to be pwned by non-release WW.
Ya, not sure what happened there... frankly i guess that kubo just forgot to go back to him and by the time it was time for old man yammaji to step up and fight it was already too late to go back and show the conclusion...

And y'know, i STILL wonder where the hell Nanao is... She's the only VC that did not show up to the war (unless you also count Ukitake's pair of lackies)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 13:57   Link #787
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Never claimed that he was stronger than the espada, only that he contributed more than the rest of them... All the damage the espada and such did was utterly meaningless as Aizen could have beaten everyone on his own... Yammaji's powers were the only thing it seemed like Aizen could not deal with. Hence why WW was the only one to contribute to his victory...

Oh have you read the manga because then you'd know that exactly happened
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 14:04   Link #788
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cambridge, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And y'know, i STILL wonder where the hell Nanao is... She's the only VC that did not show up to the war (unless you also count Ukitake's pair of lackies)
She's Soul-Society's secret weapon - if Aizen succeeds, then she'll give him a stern talking too, hitting him around for a bit with her book, until he fills out the necessary 1 billion pages of paperwork necessary to become king or gives up (although ridiculous speeds of filling out paperwork could be one of the benefits of being a giant butterfly man, which he preemptively gained from the hogyoku - "just as planned")
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 14:05   Link #789
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cambridge, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Oh have you read the manga because then you'd know that exactly happened
He's mentioning Wonderweiss exploding and harming Yamamoto in a thread rife with manga spoilers, so I guess he has read the manga
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 14:05   Link #790
JustRob
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Nanao as far as I know doesn't even have a sword. She and Nemu are pretty much the most useless VC's.
__________________
The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome, is the betrayal you don't see.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 14:21   Link #791
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the magical land of Moonswell pass
Age: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Nanao as far as I know doesn't even have a sword. She and Nemu are pretty much the most useless VC's.
No Nemu can kick ass, prize for most useless VC goes to Yachiru.
__________________

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 14:25   Link #792
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I thought the most useless VC was that guy with the moustache with a rapier for a shikai. He was actually given a job and failed it.
__________________
MyAnimeList
Avatar - Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Signature - Gundam Reconguista in G
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 14:58   Link #793
JustRob
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Yeah, seems there are a lot of useless VC's. Maybe if they stopped giving Renji so much damn screentime to please the fangirls, they could flesh out some other VC's.
__________________
The betrayal you can see is trivial. What is truly fearsome, is the betrayal you don't see.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 16:16   Link #794
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I thought the most useless VC was that guy with the moustache with a rapier for a shikai. He was actually given a job and failed it.
give Lord British a break
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 17:33   Link #795
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
lol "Lord British."
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:14   Link #796
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
give Lord British a break
lol. i think hes french but ok
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 19:20   Link #797
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Oh have you read the manga because then you'd know that exactly happened
Um, have you actually been paying attention to the conversation...
Because then you'd know that what you quoted was just me giving clarification to why i thought WW was the only real contributor to Aizen's victory in the manga


My opinion on what i thought would have made the whole battle of FKT better was something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
No Nemu can kick ass, prize for most useless VC goes to Yachiru.
What Yachiru is Amazingly powerful! she just hasn't had a chance to show it yet...



Ya, I think another reason i still read bleach is because i hold out hope for the day she will get to fight and kick serious ass... it would be hilarious...
I once held hope she would kick Yammy's ass... That would have been absolutely priceless to see

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-09-05 at 19:39.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:25   Link #798
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Even though saying now, what went wrong in bleach! despite this is a almost 3 year old topic. I have to say that Bleach has had its bad and good moments and ups and downs, that i cant really say anythings wrong with it.

Only that this topic was created during one of those bad and down moments, so saying that there is something wrong with bleach is saying that there isint a manga or manwha out there that doesnt have a single fault which doesnt exist. Its just that Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, are just so huge successes that they cant afford to drop such a series thats why they are stretching it as far as they could, since they are really money makers and leave behind meaningful roles in people lives, even though its just drawings.

But I must say that whats happening now is really exciting. I just pray that Aizen was either a pawn or just manipulated by someone stronger into seeking power.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 20:42   Link #799
secretzfan
Senior Member
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Slaping Mayuri Kurotsuchi around in Quincy Town :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Um, have you actually been paying attention to the conversation...
Because then you'd know that what you quoted was just me giving clarification to why i thought WW was the only real contributor to Aizen's victory in the manga


My opinion on what i thought would have made the whole battle of FKT better was something else
Yea I know you said but then you said Aizen could have taken on the entire gotei 13 on his on. And that is what happened kinda. Aizen defeated many captians on his own
__________________
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 22:27   Link #800
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koguma za View Post
lol. i think hes french but ok
it's kinda funny...despite the origins of the rapier and fencing...I always thought of Yamma-ji's VC as British >.>
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.