AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-21, 18:41   Link #101
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Fixed for noob MMOspeak accuracy.

Yeah, like a fat old guy can catch a fat young guy.
Lol he is not fat, he has only bones now
I guess he wants to eat him in order to get some flash on his bones
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 18:47   Link #102
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio, Holy Empire of Britannia
Age: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Why does everyone hate the manga? I personally think it's better then the anime, since it lacks the "We follow our own time zone where 11 seconds=5 minutes" and a lot of other stuff.
__________________
Fear the wrath of mai bunny.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 18:52   Link #103
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Why does everyone hate the manga? I personally think it's better then the anime, since it lacks the "We follow our own time zone where 11 seconds=5 minutes" and a lot of other stuff.
Who said manga? We are talking about WHOLE Bleach here
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:14   Link #104
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
It would be funny if SoiFong would say:
"Woman can't use Bankai but we can make babies"
and Barragan would be all like:
"Oh no! That's the oppositive of my power, I lose!"


It's threat where you post what you find annoying or hate about Bleach.
I had such a big list that it's too long for people to read, but at least it makes me happy XD

There are still things I could write about, like how Gin could be a good main villain too:
He has the best hobby ever. To tease little girls and destroy them emotionally, but in the end it turned out that Aizen tought him that. If Gin was the mastermid he wouldn't be so much overpowered and the story could go on after this all with another one...
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 19:53   Link #105
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ohio, Holy Empire of Britannia
Age: 19
Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Who said manga? We are talking about WHOLE Bleach here
Oh.
well, it says [MANGA]what went wrong with Bleach? so I assumed it meant the manga.
My bad. XD
__________________
Fear the wrath of mai bunny.
Bad wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 20:14   Link #106
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
Oh.
well, it says [MANGA]what went wrong with Bleach? so I assumed it meant the manga.
My bad. XD
Nah, it is just because manga is further with the story
No problem
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 15:06   Link #107
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
I was very excited about Bleach during Soul Society, I still keep up with Bleach chapters though they leave me more and more dissapointed. Its quite shame really I really liked Bleach up to Soul Society and anime was nothing short of epic but current day Bleach? Rubbish I am afraid... its pretty shocking how much quality have dropped since then, it almost seems Kubo only had ideas and story to Soul Society arc and after it he has forcibly trying to milk series.

Well I have to admit that art is good though sometimes it seems like reading art-book instead shounen-manga.

Turn back Pendulum was very well done and I really enjoyed episodes.

Well here are my main gripes on Bleach.

-Invincible 'good guys'. No deaths, no defeats for good guys since very long time. Current fights outcomes are extremely predictable. K-town battles are just horrible.

- Power up after power up... Typical Bleach fight are 2 fighters bragging each other and pulling weird powers out of nowhere and winner is he who pulls last power up... to make matter worse those power up come literally from no where and without logic. Dont make me even started with Ichigo vs Ulquirra.

-Ichigo is just plain boring and un-charismatic main charecter... he lacks charecter depth and development, his fights are ridicilous and his main power is plot-kai and Inoue screaming 'KUROSAKI-KUN!!!!'.

-Soul Society all-stars. They win polls, they have popularity, they have backround and everyone has own fanclubs and loayal fans who love Kubo when their fav charecter shines, unlike poor arrancars who are pulled out of nowhere and are doomed to lose against their opponents in order to let them shine.

-Aizen...he is hyped and he is labeled greatest evil guy out there...I think he was great during Soul Society but currently he just sits idle while his minions get beated all fronts ''Just as planned...''

Ok ok this list will be longer than god damn bible so I just say current Bleach has same depth as waching Street Fighter /Tekken tournament where random people fight against random people receiving idiotic powerups. Outcomes always favour good people and arrancars have yet to win any battle.

Chapters lack of content...it takes me 30 seconds to read one Bleach chapter, there are nice looking double pages images of people slashing each other but very little progress on each chapter, entire series lack Story, plot,excitment,anticipation,humour,logic and charecter development.

TLDR: Bleach WAS great...currently its just disgusting but I have read it this far so why not follow it to its seemingly foolish end, I lost hope on this series and I probly only can be suprised positively.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 22:53   Link #108
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
I was very excited about Bleach during Soul Society, I still keep up with Bleach chapters though they leave me more and more dissapointed. Its quite shame really I really liked Bleach up to Soul Society and anime was nothing short of epic but current day Bleach? Rubbish I am afraid... its pretty shocking how much quality have dropped since then, it almost seems Kubo only had ideas and story to Soul Society arc and after it he has forcibly trying to milk series.

Well I have to admit that art is good though sometimes it seems like reading art-book instead shounen-manga.

Turn back Pendulum was very well done and I really enjoyed episodes.

Well here are my main gripes on Bleach.

-Invincible 'good guys'. No deaths, no defeats for good guys since very long time. Current fights outcomes are extremely predictable. K-town battles are just horrible.

- Power up after power up... Typical Bleach fight are 2 fighters bragging each other and pulling weird powers out of nowhere and winner is he who pulls last power up... to make matter worse those power up come literally from no where and without logic. Dont make me even started with Ichigo vs Ulquirra.

-Ichigo is just plain boring and un-charismatic main charecter... he lacks charecter depth and development, his fights are ridicilous and his main power is plot-kai and Inoue screaming 'KUROSAKI-KUN!!!!'.

-Soul Society all-stars. They win polls, they have popularity, they have backround and everyone has own fanclubs and loayal fans who love Kubo when their fav charecter shines, unlike poor arrancars who are pulled out of nowhere and are doomed to lose against their opponents in order to let them shine.

-Aizen...he is hyped and he is labeled greatest evil guy out there...I think he was great during Soul Society but currently he just sits idle while his minions get beated all fronts ''Just as planned...''

Ok ok this list will be longer than god damn bible so I just say current Bleach has same depth as waching Street Fighter /Tekken tournament where random people fight against random people receiving idiotic powerups. Outcomes always favour good people and arrancars have yet to win any battle.

Chapters lack of content...it takes me 30 seconds to read one Bleach chapter, there are nice looking double pages images of people slashing each other but very little progress on each chapter, entire series lack Story, plot,excitment,anticipation,humour,logic and charecter development.

TLDR: Bleach WAS great...currently its just disgusting but I have read it this far so why not follow it to its seemingly foolish end, I lost hope on this series and I probly only can be suprised positively.
I know I wrote a little too much and people were saying that it was too much to read, but I'd read anyone's post in this threat just because it all on topic.

There are many problems with Bleach from the basic of shounen creating that is cool in japanise little boy that suppose to read it but strange and unfamiliar to anyone sane.
You describe it well that it takes as long as you read the text lines to read Bleach's chapter. It's not that you don't try to dig into it, but it's just that if you do you'll ruin it for yourself. If you think longer about a power up that just happened you see its flaws. You can't think of how Ichigo just go from one battle from battle without learning anything more than how to keep extra time with his mask on. He even is regresing with his resolve that suppose to make him weaker and yet it doesn't.
I like stories that are worth coming back to. When you hope that anime team will add more fighting scenes to fighting scenes themself like SoulEater. I remember 1vsRenji and vsIkkaku fights being awesome while now... it's like the story you liked repeats itself just for the sake of goin further and leading to Aizen losing.
How can someone that can defeant agains any attack and foresaw almost any acton lose? Anwser me. That's what Aizen seems to be... After he came from the closet as mastermind of evil he told that he foresaw everything and prove that with flashbacking to the past. He was even better than Mayuri vs Shizel with their "nuh-na" fight. He would go from the start "I don't care what you prepred for... I did it 100x better". Then we see war and him saying that he can sit back and relex in his firepalace... while all his minions get slaughter by SS - you don't have to be manga reader to notice that.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 23:38   Link #109
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
If you've read Bakuman, you can see many similarities between bleach and Eiji's "Crow" : it's a mainstream fighting manga that gained a lot of popularity when first released, but the next chapters are the same thing, the main hero fighting more and more, making the manga very easy to read but at the same time not as interesting.
IMO what bleach lacks right now is a good plot, and I'm not talking about insane ass-pulled plot twists that nobody's expecting, but a chain of mysterious events leading to the shadow of an elusive mastermind who, instead of having it all planned out, presents the heroes with a moral dilemma and an important choice.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 14:17   Link #110
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Barragan running after Omaeda and not being able catch him! 0_0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
^ Yeah, that kind of made Barragan look less like the "Lord of Death" and more like "Scooby-Doo villain"
As I had already said a few weeks back Hollow Omeada cant be Beat Hopefully something more believable than moment.of.sheer.stupidity helps in successful execution of plan
__________________

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-05-23 at 15:05.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 17:16   Link #111
Anubis3200
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
As I had already said a few weeks back Hollow Omeada cant be Beat Hopefully something more believable than moment.of.sheer.stupidity helps in successful execution of plan
Lol Omaeda will go beast form if Soi will fail
Still hope she will kick Barragan before that
Anubis3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 17:46   Link #112
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
100years ago story has a small problem too:

The reason why Aizen wasn't a suspect is because he had an alibi and he might have been using his shikai on 46. Gin was 3rd seat in his division so there was no problem there. However Tousen was one of Kinsei's squad and the only one except for Urahara (and Kensei and their were considered as culpirts), well Tousen as only one survived and wasn't affected by hollowfication. It's funny that nobody suspected him afterwards and even let him become captain.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 01:48   Link #113
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Coming out of my temporary retirement for this thread heh...

The problem is that readers don't have an emotional investment in what's going on.

I was on the edge of my seat for the Ichigo/Ulquiorra/Orihime arc because I wanted to see the relationship development and where Kubo was willing to take those characters. Since then, plot developments have been borderline boring.

This whole "save the world" arc concept is overdone and uninspiring. The SS arc was all battles as well, but at least then we had an emotional investment in the outcome (as did all the characters). Our band of heroes were there to save their friend from execution, a primary character in the series. Ichigo was there to save the person who'd changed his world. Readers absolutely wanted to know if they made it on time or not and throughout the entire arc there was character development from all sides. I think for the most part that's been lacking here (with the exception of the Ulq/Hime bit).

What I'd like to see is Kubo end these bull shit, time waster fights, kill off some of the main characters in his retinue who aren't crucial to the plot, and focus on developing the relationships and characters he has left. The Gin/Matsumoto relationship, for instance is incredibly intriguing because of its dynamic and yet we've been given nothing development wise since the end of the SS arc. Urahara and Yoruichi too... where the heck are they? Even a focus on SS's old boys (and girl) would be appreciated. In order to become emotionally attached to these characters to the point where we actually CARE if they live or die and are on the edge of our seat to read the next chapter development, Kubo needs to give us a reason to be emotionally invested in them. Right now there's too many characters for that to happen.

For the record though, I actually enjoy Ichigo exactly the way he is. He's not perfect, no, but I think that's the point. He's just supposed to be your average teenage kid who's thrown into this alternate world of spirits and villains. He's not meant to be an inspiring leader when his only goal is to protect his friends.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )

Last edited by Langus; 2009-05-24 at 02:15.
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 02:01   Link #114
Gin
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In your mom's pants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Coming out of my temporary retirement for this thread heh...

The problem is that readers don't have an emotional investment in what's going on.

I was on the edge of my seat for the Ichigo/Ulquiorra/Orihime arc because I wanted to see the relationship development and where Kubo was willing to take those characters. Since then, plot developments have been borderline boring.

This whole "save the world" arc concept is overdone and uninspiring. The SS arc was all battles as well, but at least then we had an emotional investment in the outcome (as did all the characters). Our band of heroes were there to save their friend from execution, a primary character in the series. Ichigo was there to save the person who'd changed his world. Readers absolutely wanted to know if they made it on time or not and throughout the entire arc there was character development from all sides. I think for the most part that's been lacking here (with the exception of the Ulq/Hime bit).

What I'd like to see is Kubo end these bull shit, time waster fights, kill off some of the main characters in his retinue who aren't crucial to the plot, and focus on developing the relationships and characters he has left. The Gin/Matsumoto relationship, for instance is incredibly intriguing because of its dynamic and yet we've been given nothing development wise since the end of the SS arc. Urahara and Yoruichi too... where the heck are they? Even a focus on SS's old boys (and girl) would be appreciated. In order to become emotionally attached to these characters to the point where we actually CARE if they live or die and are on the edge of our seat to read the next chapter development, Kubo needs to get us emotionally invested in them. Right now there's too many characters for that to happen.

For the record though, I actually enjoy Ichigo exactly the way he is. He's not perfect, no, but I think that's the point. He's just supposed to be your average teenage kid who's thrown into this alternate world of spirits and villains. He's not meant to be an inspiring leader when his only goal is to protect his friends.
That post really summed up what I wanted to say (but was to lazy to type)
__________________
I hate most of you.
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 03:00   Link #115
Z. Kensei
Kensei??
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle,WA
Bleach changed drastically after the ss arc. I think thats part of the problem, many people expect some of the plotlines of that arc to be revisited. Its like he's so invested in keeping good guys alive to go back to those plotlines. Its like he's afraid to take the risk and is just sticking with what made bleach popular. Still, I really enjoy the anime and many of the charectors, i just wish kubo would take a few more risks as an author.
Z. Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 03:51   Link #116
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lost - with no intention to be found...
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Coming out of my temporary retirement for this thread heh...

I was on the edge of my seat for the Ichigo/Ulquiorra/Orihime arc because I wanted to see the relationship development and where Kubo was willing to take those characters.
Im curious were you satisfied with the outcome?
__________________

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 04:34   Link #117
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I'd say that Dragonball is grandfather of all shounen and was the best at it. There were non stop fighting and training and instead of character development we got to know new ones. This foruma dosn't work more than once so nobody can't pull this off now. Even DBZ is now being remade with "Kai" version.

Bleach can't even keep its power levels and after Ichigo having training session between every one or two fights, he seems too easly powering up just because he was healed after his last deafet.
Character development dosn't work too much. All we mostly get to see is their past and there are rather not so many changes. Byakuya changed his personality when comparing him to his younger self. The character that earns "character development award" in Bleach is Momo, because she first was so in love in her captain to delusivly believe that he is somehow good after he stabbed her nearly killing her, and she had to have some inner change just to decide to want to stop him and all. As for character that got so much hate for being blind she really nailed it.
That is so much better than character acting good or bad and then turining completly to the opposite side just because he/she was hidding that he/she was bad or good from the begining (Aizen, Tousen and Byakuya). Zaraki at least had to lose one fight so he could change his mind.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 05:15   Link #118
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
You know what? I was hoping that when Ichigo turned into a full hollow I was hoping he would turn into an arrancar PERMANENTLY!

Now that would've been an interesting plot twist. But no.
Haak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 06:02   Link #119
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Im curious were you satisfied with the outcome?
Yes. I don't really consider Ichigo part of the equation there because apart from going RAWR he didn't really do much character development wise. But between Orihime and Ulquiorra, it was exactly as revealing and tragic as I'd hoped it would be.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 07:32   Link #120
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You know what? I was hoping that when Ichigo turned into a full hollow I was hoping he would turn into an arrancar PERMANENTLY!

Now that would've been an interesting plot twist. But no.
I was wishing for this as well, with Ichigo becoming the King of Hueco Mundo and regulating hollow population, preferably with Halibel so that the other girls would cry till they're dry.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.