AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-25, 12:11   Link #161
Uncreativex
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Best way for me to salvage series is quite simple:

Make Vaizards join Aizen...

They wouldnt be fodder enemys, they would already have backround and they could be considered formidable. SS vs Vaizards fights could be even epic and have drama and tension about them, instead current fodder-arrancars/espadas who get introduced,hyped and killed in one absurd fight.

What is worst possible future? SS wins all their battles in Karakura and then possible top 3 espadas hold out and even push back Hitsu-brat and other captains making situation 'desperate' (of course Yamaji will stay idle). Then Vaizards will come help to defeat Aizen and everyone will be spawened fodder arrancar to show how awesome they are.
Yeah that'd do wonders for the plot. Despite, perhaps in irony, saying they should thank Aizen, the Vaizard have many times expressed hate and disgust for him.

I hope the series go on, less plot fu and more character developement, and that a new crop of enemies, Arrancar'd Vastolordes, appears, forcing the captains to band with the Vaizard, and become Hollowified themselves.

By the way, any one know why nothing has been said about the traitor three becoming hollowified themselves? I though the point of Aizen betraying SS was so he could hollowify himself, and go beyond his limits, like Ichigo.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 12:18   Link #162
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreativex View Post
Yeah that'd do wonders for the plot. Despite, perhaps in irony, saying they should thank Aizen, the Vaizard have many times expressed hate and disgust for him.

I hope the series go on, less plot fu and more character developement, and that a new crop of enemies, Arrancar'd Vastolordes, appears, forcing the captains to band with the Vaizard, and become Hollowified themselves.

By the way, any one know why nothing has been said about the traitor three becoming hollowified themselves? I though the point of Aizen betraying SS was so he could hollowify himself, and go beyond his limits, like Ichigo.
Urahara said that Hollofication was one way he came up on how to strenghten the soul so there might be other ways instead of mixing with Hollows. Aizen could find some of Urahara's ways but I doubt that he's the sientist type, he's just a good planner. We don't see much of those since showing someone think, plan and plotting wouldn't be as awesome as some might think.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 12:42   Link #163
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
Yeah that'd do wonders for the plot. Despite, perhaps in irony, saying they should thank Aizen, the Vaizard have many times expressed hate and disgust for him.

I hope the series go on, less plot fu and more character developement, and that a new crop of enemies, Arrancar'd Vastolordes, appears, forcing the captains to band with the Vaizard, and become Hollowified themselves.

By the way, any one know why nothing has been said about the traitor three becoming hollowified themselves? I though the point of Aizen betraying SS was so he could hollowify himself, and go beyond his limits, like Ichigo.
Quote
I had thought of Aizen being a secret savior, and the vizard joining him in his quest, whatever that may be...but I really just want Ichigo to go back to school, the beginning was the best after all. You don't see any super-heroes these days, it's like an endangered species, I found the Karakurizer filler very refreshing and hopefully there will be something more along those lines (at least not so much drama and hatred) in the future.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 13:27   Link #164
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Isn't it strange that Urahara was trown from SS 100 years ago and his experiments were with lab tubes, and all this nearly modern thing - or maybe Mayuri was the one that brought idea of TV to his lab.
Anyway it's strange that people that died over 100 years ago are so easy for us to relate to, and the shock of civilization is nothing to them.
They all are "immortal" as they don't die from old age, which if you think from real perspective gives a big question mark as asking 15 years old to kill things. Since they don't die or nearly age their mental state is somehow led to a completly new levels, and yet they don't show any signs of this affecting them, except maybe for Shunsui that got bored from his immortality.

So relating to a 15 years old is possible. Maybe because he looks much older and in anime/manga all 15 years old girl can have bigger breast than most pornstars have. I don't see many children going around killing monsters between classes so that could make it harder.
There are a mangas about killing zombies which is as close to real people that have to kill to survive as things usually can get. We have Battle Royale with kids killing each other and going creazy except for few shizophrenic ones that I won't say why are so screwed up because that spoiler from the end of good manga.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 15:26   Link #165
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Spoiler for james0246;2415760:


Well James0246, if you're looking to cry and get emotional you can always watch Titanic. This series is not for the faint of heart....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik
Bleach has a lot of characters and we get a little glimps on them before they leave or die. That's the reason why it's still on. The problems are other things like power levels or little things that are left behind.
Nothing is wrong with "power levels" in this series and what things were left behind?

Quote:
I don't remember Szayel having flashback that would explain why he was such a douche bag, and Mayuri had one. Zambazi with his theory about Aizen being good, could use some more time, he only got few happy-slapps with Byakuya about who's more arrogant. Nnoitra was HM's Kenpachi untill he faces Kenpachi and had flashbacks because after that he stopped being such a beast.
Matsumoto and Gin has only one flashbacks and two short two sentences scenes confirming that there used to be something between them. I'm not sure but that might be better left as it is. Kubo sometimes misinterprete what we want: instead of getting to know Halibeli he removed her mask - I know it's hard to make out in your head with a chick that has a mask on her mouth, but at least that gave her an secret that is much hotter - like Kakkashi.
Kubo doesn't misinterprete what you fans want, it is only what he wants. Wow, talk about "fanservice," You keep asking for backstory on Halibel when she is in the middle of a battle. Why don't you complain about that after this war if you don't get "to know her better." Szayel and Zomarri didn't need a flashback because we got to know their character in the present. We simply know what all the lower-level Espada was about and eve ngot more development on them from Barragan with the "themes."

Quote:
Are those Fraction's the same level as 11+ Arrancars that Hitsugaya&co fought? If so then is it alright for few VC levels to deafet them just by using their shikai?
Yep.

Quote:
As long it's thanks to his Hollow I'm ok with that. It's one of best characters in Bleach. You could explain why last vsGrimJaw end the way it did, because a lot of people have problem with it and since you read better than some. Elaborate.
Ulquiorra:"That brat's reiatsu starts fluctuating, when his reiatsu is low it's inconsequential. But when it's high, it's greater than mine."

Quote:
Most common shounen main character is stupid so everything about the world can be explained to him (aka Readers). Ichigo is above avrage inteligance in his school yet he sometimes used to rush into MenosGrande without a plan or with a really stupid one. For most time he's in HM he only interacts with people by saying "I'll protect my friends", and if you remember Ichigo's Vaizard training then you know that it isn't about protecting his friends anymore. If he only wants to protect them he should be weaker, because he should fight with instinct -and yet he gets powerup by the will to protect... Then again Ichigo tends to forget what he's tought - when fighting Renji he forgot that Urahara was training him for days and he was doing this so he could deafet VC level enemies.
Your post is wrong, Ichigo REMEMBRED his training from Urahara that's how he was able to beat Renji. Ichigo has always been about protecting his friends that has never changed.

Quote:
It's not random but if you read the previous post and if you read Bleach you'd know that half Captain shouldn't be enought to handle war, unless you say that it was because there should be 10 espada vs all SS. That should be a valid point if the power level in Bleach didn't got screwed over.
So I guess Aizen created Espada and was looking for Vastro Lordes to go to war with half of SS? Even though Soul Society killed most of his Espada already

Quote:
What does Oda isn't relevant here, becase if One Piece would fail and stop being published it wouldn't affect Bleach's story (and that what has already been written) too much. If you want compare humor in Bleach and OP then OP will win because it was more important there.
There is so many shinigami's and we suppose to care about all of them because they get flashbacks, and stories about themself. They aren't some organisation that help the main character and his friends. It's not like the main character has few friends in this organisation. Main character now works there and has to know his boss and all his co-workers. Too bad that Ganju is someone I cared about because he was real and cool - remember him taking on Byakuya - too bad that after it was established that he is too weak for a VC he no longer can be in the story, they had to trow Nel there - too bad for Nel they are leaving HM soon so she'll start to be cared about too.
The Shinigami [SS] are helping Ichigo, trying to help save his hometown, backstories and development on them is necessary.
BTW, One Piece's humor sucks, the jokes are corny.

Quote:
Love =/= Time... unless you're 16-18 years old girl then "I love you, and suck me off" XD
Unless Oda dosn't forget who's the main character is... even Naruto has problem of forgetting while it's named after him.
Main character =/= ONLY character. Don't hate on Kubo cause he can write ALL his characters into the storyline, which is what a good writer does. That's why Oda is a terrible writer, he can't write all characters into his storyline thus making them have no plot importance.

Quote:
Phenomenal you said yourself that you're doing this all on a dare, and you asked for link to my post. Is it too long for you? You can skip some and anwser what you have anwsers right now, but don't do it in Jehowa's witness way, but quoting only short sentences or words from diffrent part and then making sense from that - do it while thinking about the whole book... story.
I'll get it.....
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 15:39   Link #166
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Phenomenal though I am in agreement with most points you have raised lets keep it impersonal ^__^

Also everyone lets take a breather, everyone has an opinion and interpretation . Lets respect each others opinion even if you disagree. This thread has been veering to Your Opinion < > My Opinion .


More importantly PLEASE debate discuss not attack each other post .
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 15:45   Link #167
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Alright Geta Boshi.

Hey concerning your avy's and sig...You like Blood huh?

Spoiler for Wolcik;2408432:


So in short, your just giving an overview of what Bleach is, shown and stated. Also, Complaining about things I've already answered in previous posts.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 16:19   Link #168
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Alright Geta Boshi.

Hey concerning your avy's and sig...You like Blood huh?

Spoiler for Wolcik;2408432:


So in short, your just giving an overview of what Bleach is, shown and stated. Also, Complaining about things I've already answered in previous posts.
You "anwsered" it, but didn't explain it to me because in your perspective I don't get this. Let me tell you that:
Quote:
Nothing is wrong with "power levels" in this series and what things were left behind?
Isn't what I asked for...
I would be more into taking my arguments and giving contrarguments, pointing where I missed a fact that proves something to be possible.

Quote:
The Shinigami [SS] are helping Ichigo, trying to help save his hometown, backstories and development on them is necessary.
BTW, One Piece's humor sucks, the jokes are corny.
What I meant about SS that it nearly feels like Ichigo is now part of it instead of someone that just so happens to help them out with few problems they have in common.

OP humor is somehow repetetive, like Zoro getting lost or Sanji falling for pretty girls - it's build into the characters. Unlike Bleach's it doesn't feel forced to me.
I liked OP more than Bleach mostly because of the jokes that I like.
It's like fart and dick jokes - some don't like them, some will get bored very quick but some will watch every movie made by Kevin Smith XD
There are people that don't like Ussop because he isn't a cannon shounen character, and I like him because he isn't. In the world of cliche and stupid people I like orginality and new things that might bring new trendentions.

Quote:
Main character =/= ONLY character. Don't hate on Kubo cause he can write ALL his characters into the storyline, which is what a good writer does. That's why Oda is a terrible writer, he can't write all characters into his storyline thus making them have no plot importance.
Please prove me that what I pointed out aren't mistakes so I could say Kubo dosn't make bad writing mistakes even if his story fits it dosn't mean it can itch in some places.

In OP Luffy is the main character and the world does circle around him, and by doing what is currently happening in manga Oda proves that - the Will of D is still a secret and a good plotdevice. He's the important one, he's the Pirate King and the rest is just there for a ride. Oda did write all characters to his story but that doesn't mean that Story won't exist with just one of them.
If we got only Ichigo now in Bleach then it would "Game Over" pretty soon because, as for main character, he isn't able to take care of himself.


After this post I don't see fit to awnser this few things you wrote because it's incomplete anwser. If you don't want to make a discussion out of it any more, then it's fine and we both go out of this with our own opinions.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 16:34   Link #169
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Well James0246, if you're looking to cry and get emotional you can always watch Titanic.
Wow, these must be the amazing reading comprehension skills you have been harping about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
This series is not for the faint of heart....
Can you explain exactly what you mean here? Bleach is no (off the top of my head) Berserk or Monster (or a hundred other complex emotionally satisfying stories), it is just another Shounen series, following the same basic conventions as the other Big 3 (Naruto is the only one of the big 3 that actually tries to break free of its conventions, but it inevitably comes crawling back (as seen in the conclusion to the recent fight)). Hell, it's not even as dark as say Death Note or the recent D. Gray Man (both of which have a near constant supply of known character deaths). That doesn't mean it doesn’t have its moments, but I doubt anyone has ever described the series as "not [being] for the faint of heart."

That being said, my main draw for liking Bleach (from a character perspective) is the fact that Ichigo only wants to protect his family - he is not trying to become the best at any particular field or expertise, rather he is literally just living and fighting for his friends and family.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 16:35   Link #170
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
That's why Oda is a terrible writer, he can't write all characters into his storyline thus making them have no plot importance.
Can you stop f*cking posting on One Piece section if you so clearly hate everything what Oda and One piece presents? All you ever do is there is trolling and bashing One piece series?

If you really have that negative image of OP and come insult Oda on evey damn chapter thread then perhaps you could simply stop reading OP and if you cant do that then atleast stop trolling with your retarded opinions on One piece sub-forum.

I have my problems with current Bleach but atleast I am not bashing Bleach on every page on Bleach chapter threads...
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 16:55   Link #171
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
You "anwsered" it, but didn't explain it to me because in your perspective I don't get this. Let me tell you that:

Isn't what I asked for...
I would be more into taking my arguments and giving contrarguments, pointing where I missed a fact that proves something to be possible.
Then give examples, don't just say something is without reason.

Quote:
What I meant about SS that it nearly feels like Ichigo is now part of it instead of someone that just so happens to help them out with few problems they have in common.

OP humor is somehow repetetive, like Zoro getting lost or Sanji falling for pretty girls - it's build into the characters. Unlike Bleach's it doesn't feel forced to me.
I liked OP more than Bleach mostly because of the jokes that I like.
It's like fart and dick jokes - some don't like them, some will get bored very quick but some will watch every movie made by Kevin Smith XD
There are people that don't like Ussop because he isn't a cannon shounen character, and I like him because he isn't. In the world of cliche and stupid people I like orginality and new things that might bring new trendentions.
One Piece doesn't bring anything original and new, nothing is new under the sun.
Ichigo is STILL considered a substitue Soul Reaper and SS treats him as such.

Quote:
Please prove me that what I pointed out aren't mistakes so I could say Kubo dosn't make bad writing mistakes even if his story fits it dosn't mean it can itch in some places.
I did, You just gave an overview of Bleach you really didn't point out anything without reason.

Quote:
In OP Luffy is the main character and the world does circle around him, and by doing what is currently happening in manga Oda proves that - the Will of D is still a secret and a good plotdevice. He's the important one, he's the Pirate King and the rest is just there for a ride. Oda did write all characters to his story but that doesn't mean that Story won't exist with just one of them.
If we got only Ichigo now in Bleach then it would "Game Over" pretty soon because, as for main character, he isn't able to take care of himself.
Luffy can't take care of himself or his crew members that's why he was crying in Sabondy park!
I'm sorry but the world does not revolve around Luffy this war is not about him and the fact that Luffy had to DETOUR from the actual storyline [Him on the road to pirate king] to try and save Ace is proof of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James0246
Wow, those must be the amazing reading comprehension skills you have been harping about...
Yes James, your post was pretty much about how you weren't able to cry so much and wish you could do more of it because Bleach doesn't have many EMO characters or moments.

Quote:
Can you explain exactly what you mean here? Bleach is no (off the top of my head) Berserk or Monster (or a hundred other complex emotionally satisfying stories), it is just another Shounen series, following the same basic conventions as the other Big 3 (Naruto is the only one of the big 3 that actually tries to break free of its conventions, but then it comes crawling back (as seen in the conclusion to the recent fight)). Hell, it's not even as dark as say Death Note or the recent D. Gray Man. That doesn't mean it doesn’t have its moments, but I doubt anyone has ever described the series as "not [being] for the faint of heart."
Meaning this is more of a series of battles/action, not emotional cry baby drama. If you want to build a pool on your couch or computer go watch something that will.

I know one thing your Uchiha Madara is not emo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige
Can you stop f*cking posting on One Piece section if you so clearly hate everything what Oda and One piece presents? All you ever do is there is trolling and bashing One piece series?

If you really have that negative image of OP and come insult Oda on evey damn chapter thread then perhaps you could simply stop reading OP and if you cant do that then atleast stop trolling with your retarded opinions on One piece sub-forum.

I have my problems with current Bleach but atleast I am not bashing Bleach on every page on Bleach chapter threads...
Never said I hate Oda or One Piece did I?
Don't try to put words in my post Prestige, if you got a problem with my statements concerning One Piece then address them or put me on the ignore mechanism.

Just because I don't praise One Piece like you do every time doesn't mean I'm a troll. What a bad attempt at trying to label someone.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-05-25 at 17:06.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:07   Link #172
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Yes James, your post was pretty much about how you weren't able to cry so much and wish you could do more of it because Bleach doesn't have many EMO characters or moments.
There are those amazing reading comprehension skills again...

Just because I talked about lacking an emotional connection to many of the characters, does not mean that I want them to become emo characters with Tragic (always with a capitol "T") pasts. Rather, I simply do not care what the majority of the characters do or say (save for Ichigo and a his friends) for a variety of reasons (one of which, their immortality, I already highlighted), and consequently I find many of the battles a bit boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Meaning this is more of a series of battles/action, not emotional cry baby drama. If you want to build a pool on your couch or computer go watch something that will.
Wow, considering that you and I frequently agree on the battles in Naruto (and the coolness of Mihawk and a few others in One Piece) you have a very warped few of what I was talking about...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:12   Link #173
kakakka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
One way to change this manga is to first change the pace of the (current) story (fighting). I mean, fights right now, even if meaningless, drag to multiple chapters; people gets to bored and impatient for something meaningful to happen. Its ok that the chapters that got dragged, only if it has meaning to the plot. Make these recent fights conclude right away, then move on to more meaningful scenes.

Quote:
I'm sorry but the world does not revolve around Luffy...
Off-Topic, but the story revolves around Luffy, thus the 'world' revolves around him. The events that are shown in One Piece always affect Luffy in some way. They don't show something that is not going to affect him in some way. That's why 'that' world revolves round him.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:14   Link #174
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There are those amazing reading comprehension skills again...

Just because I talked about lacking an emotional connection to many of the characters, does not mean that I want them to become emo characters with Tragic (always with a capitol "T") pasts..
I know that but this was your main point James, your thesis which was basically the same as Langus about emotinal investment, my man.

Quote:
Wow, considering that you and I frequently agree on the battles in Naruto (and the coolness of Mihawk and a few others in One Piece) you have a very warped few of what I was talking about...
I know what you were saying James.
You and I agree on a lot of things James, it will always be that way.

@Kakakka: I didn't know this upcoming war was about Luffy.....I didn't know Shanks and Whitebeard met concerining Luffy...
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:25   Link #175
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I know that but this was your main point James, your thesis which was basically the same as Langus about emotinal investment, my man.
Yes, and emotional investment is not a bad or "Emo" thing. You can have extraordinarily deadly fights with complex emotional depth, it doesn't have to be one or the other. For as much time as Kubo spends on a variety of characters, I can't help but feel they are mostly given lip service rather than honest development.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:27   Link #176
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
We know more about the characters and their personalities are involved in the battles.^^^
Whether it's not satisfying to you it still is honest development.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 17:33   Link #177
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Then give examples, don't just say something is without reason.
I thouth that I gave at least few of those, and I mean mostly my first and biggest post that you commented with one sentence that hadn't nothing to do with it.
I would like you to explain to me who "power level" has still have sense.

Quote:
One Piece doesn't bring anything original and new, nothing is new under the sun.
Ichigo is STILL considered a substitue Soul Reaper and SS treats him as such.
Going philosophycal is a catch, isn't it? Bashing OP after I say we have "diffrent oppinions" or let's say "diffrent tastes".

Ichigo right now is SS strongest weapon...

Quote:
I did, You just gave an overview of Bleach you really didn't point out anything without reason.
I know that the begining of my post is that Bleach isn't realistic as most manga/anime because it's fictional and has many sience fiction factors that are much japanese. There is a reason why most 2nd war time people wouldn't ever be into this kind of creazy things except for those that japanese. I'm compering civilisation that had to face two atomic bombs to the one that had war on their land and concentration camps (in my country they teach about things like that in school to help mature emotionaly instead of being politically correct).

I know what I wrote so I know that I had trouble with what results from problems with the comic story that was presented in this fictional world that had its own rules and problem to follow them.


Quote:
Luffy can't take care of himself or his crew members that's why he was crying in Sabondy park!
I'm sorry but the world does not revolve around Luffy this war is not about him and the fact that Luffy had to DETOUR from the actual storyline [Him on the road to pirate king] to try and save Ace is proof of that.
I point at "The will of D" again, but I won't go further with this, since it won't cinvince you even if I elaborate. Plus this is Bleach threat.

Quote:
Yes James, your post was pretty much about how you weren't able to cry so much and wish you could do more of it because Bleach doesn't have many EMO characters or moments.
Bleach isn't even that much into gore to scare... it's for kids. Bleach is medicore and the thing about giant plottwist of Aizen being the villain wasn't planned from the begining. I like some of characters from Bleach, I find some chicks in Bleach very attractive (no matter how weird that is for sane people), but there are many better stories that has this too.


Quote:
I know one thing your Uchiha Madara is not emo!!!
I'm sorry but that sounds so much like "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!" XD


Quote:
Never said I hate Oda or One Piece did I?
Don't try to put words in my post Prestige, if you got a problem with my statements concerning One Piece then address them or put me on the ignore mechanism.

Just because I don't praise One Piece like you do every time doesn't mean I'm a troll. What a bad attempt at trying to label someone.
Sorry to infrom you and I hope you won't feel offended Phenomanal, but you used to be on my ignore list for a long time for the reason I don't even remember XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There are those amazing reading comprehension skills again...

Just because I talked about lacking an emotional connection to many of the characters, does not mean that I want them to become emo characters with Tragic (always with a capitol "T") pasts. Rather, I simply do not care what the majority of the characters do or say (save for Ichigo and a his friends) for a variety of reasons (one of which, their immortality, I already highlighted), and consequently I find many of the battles a bit boring.
I always thought that be biggest flow of Emo characters is that they are so emotional that they nearly don't show any. Bleach have more than few of those and the diffrence between the obvious ones like Ulq with eyeliner, are Byakuya or Hitsugaya that has three face expressions.

Edit- You know how some people grow in SS because they have reiatsu (I guess). We have Rukia that had to grow from being a baby and Rangiku that was a small child, now look at them. Rangiku is older than Rukia so she had more time to develop, but there is something that tells me that while Rangiku was focusing her reiatsu on her breasts, Rukia focused on her head XD

I was comparing Bleach's first vsHollow battle to current ones. At first they were more talking than fighting. With Inoue's brother they were more explaining hollows, but that was pure character development. Now we have only bragining about their tricks, and that's why when seeing someone fight an arrancar we expect a flashback, or at least a little story
__________________

Last edited by Wolcik; 2009-05-25 at 18:31.
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 19:14   Link #178
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Just to clear things up,

"Emotional Investment" = you give a damn about whether the characters live or die. Their ultimate fate leaves you on the edge of your seat and makes you want to read the next week's chapter.

Since Phenomenal finds it difficult to comprehend large blocks of texts, I'll break it down further. My argument, to be blunt, is that presently I, as a reader, do not currently care if Soi Fon, Omeda, Stark, Barrigan, Halibel, Yammy, etc. die/cease to exist.

I see this as a problem. I should care if major characters like those mentioned die and I currently don't because I know next to nothing about them.

"Emotional investment" does NOT mean that I, as a reader, want Bleach to turn into a sappy, overly-emotional wankfest.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 21:39   Link #179
Phenomenal
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Just to clear things up,

"Emotional Investment" = you give a damn about whether the characters live or die. Their ultimate fate leaves you on the edge of your seat and makes you want to read the next week's chapter.

Since Phenomenal finds it difficult to comprehend large blocks of texts, I'll break it down further. My argument, to be blunt, is that presently I, as a reader, do not currently care if Soi Fon, Omeda, Stark, Barrigan, Halibel, Yammy, etc. die/cease to exist.

I see this as a problem. I should care if major characters like those mentioned die and I currently don't because I know next to nothing about them.


"Emotional investment" does NOT mean that I, as a reader, want Bleach to turn into a sappy, overly-emotional wankfest.
Lord have mercy, you are just repeating what you stated here.....

Spoiler for With regards to character development...:


And I answered......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Wait till after or towards the ending of the fights, then you will get character development on the top three Espada, that is a garauntee, we all know this is coming..
I wonder who's having trouble understanding?
BTW, Don't know why you brought up Soi-fon and Omeda we been had character development on them. We know enough about both of those characters since Soul Society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik
I would like you to explain to me who "power level" has still have sense.
The stronger guy beats up weaker guy..

Quote:
Ichigo right now is SS strongest weapon...
No he is not, Ichigo would get crushed in KK town.

Quote:
I know that the begining of my post is that Bleach isn't realistic as most manga/anime because it's fictional and has many sience fiction factors that are much japanese. There is a reason why most 2nd war time people wouldn't ever be into this kind of creazy things except for those that japanese. I'm compering civilisation that had to face two atomic bombs to the one that had war on their land and concentration camps (in my country they teach about things like that in school to help mature emotionaly instead of being politically correct).

I know what I wrote so I know that I had trouble with what results from problems with the comic story that was presented in this fictional world that had its own rules and problem to follow them.
So did you also learn not to compare the real world to this comic book?

Quote:
Bleach isn't even that much into gore to scare... it's for kids. Bleach is medicore and the thing about giant plottwist of Aizen being the villain wasn't planned from the begining. I like some of characters from Bleach, I find some chicks in Bleach very attractive (no matter how weird that is for sane people), but there are many better stories that has this too.
Of course, It's shonen Jump, people don't read Shonen Jump for the shallow plots.

Quote:
Sorry to infrom you and I hope you won't feel offended Phenomanal, but you used to be on my ignore list for a long time for the reason I don't even remember XD
That means you use to be a very boring person.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 22:09   Link #180
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Wolcik : I'm right there with you. I hear enough wank from inflated egos in my daily life to have absolutely no desire to to read it here.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.