AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-13, 00:45   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Star Ocean 4

Don't ask me how it's even possible after what happened in the last game, but here's what we know with the Wiki Link.

This may be fun just to speculate on how exactly they are supposed to do a story for this game. I guess it would have to take place in the 4D Space, and they better not just ignore the existence of the Eternal Sphere like it never happened or I'm going to be ticked that I had to sit through Star Ocean 3's battle system. Speaking of which, they better bring back the old item creation system, loosen and speed up the battle mechanics (seriously needs to be a lot more fluid, like we're talking a drum of oil style tweak here), and balance the game better (actually give me experience in the late game if I'm going to be fighting powerful monsters in random battles that can kill me in a couple well placed hits).
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 01:07   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Don't ask me how it's even possible after what happened in the last game, but here's what we know with the Wiki Link.
They could always pull a Final Fantasy and make a brand new universe just for this game alone.

Regardless, even though it had it's problems, I actually enjoyed the third game quite a bit. Looking forward for more info.
Old 2007-10-13, 01:31   Link #3
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Its going to be PS3/360....NEOGAF SAID TO BELIEVE

For the most part, Im genuine excited about this. Since it is really the only developer who still does well under a Squeenix Publishing Radiata Stories was good, VP2 was awesome!. Star Ocean 3 I enjoyed.

Im also excited for the other project, Undiscovery Infinite or whatever name they chose lol.
Old 2007-10-13, 02:06   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

This may be fun just to speculate on how exactly they are supposed to do a story for this game. I guess it would have to take place in the 4D Space, and they better not just ignore the existence of the Eternal Sphere like it never happened or I'm going to be ticked that I had to sit through Star Ocean 3's battle system. Speaking of which, they better bring back the old item creation system, loosen and speed up the battle mechanics (seriously needs to be a lot more fluid, like we're talking a drum of oil style tweak here), and balance the game better (actually give me experience in the late game if I'm going to be fighting powerful monsters in random battles that can kill me in a couple well placed hits).
I must get this game...

Anyway, they could always make it a prequel and set things before the events of 3.

Now by old item creation system, do you mean SO2's? I found 3's to make the game horribly unbalanced. After all, there was a battle trophy for beating the final boss with level 1 characters, and it was actually possible to do it thanks to the truely insane weapons you could get through crafting. Besides, forging checks and bond certificates made the item crafting from SO2 better just by being an option.

I didn't really have much trouble with the later game enemies either. They went down pretty quickly. Now the final boss on the first playthrough was a bit problematic...
Old 2007-10-13, 02:44   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I must get this game...

Anyway, they could always make it a prequel and set things before the events of 3.

Now by old item creation system, do you mean SO2's? I found 3's to make the game horribly unbalanced. After all, there was a battle trophy for beating the final boss with level 1 characters, and it was actually possible to do it thanks to the truely insane weapons you could get through crafting. Besides, forging checks and bond certificates made the item crafting from SO2 better just by being an option.

I didn't really have much trouble with the later game enemies either. They went down pretty quickly. Now the final boss on the first playthrough was a bit problematic...
Yes, 1 and 2's where you could creat items in the field and it felt like you had more control over it than just an assembly line of characters, and you could actually do many useful things with it.

There's also a new Star Ocean Second Story remake on the way called Second Evolution, but I don't like the way they suddenly decided to change up the voice actors. The guy said he wanted it to feel like a whole new game, but isn't this taking it a bit to far. Here's the wiki link Star Ocean: The Second Evolution
Old 2007-10-13, 12:56   Link #6
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Don't ask me how it's even possible after what happened in the last game
The game takes place prior to Star Ocean.

And I wouldn't be surprised at a 360 iteration, there are a lot of indications for it being plausible.
Old 2007-10-13, 14:32   Link #7
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
I loved Star Ocean 3... I hope SO4 has very good gfx system, but that will require a ps3 (not a ps2, as gamefaqs said when it was announced) I believe. Well, it's not surprising at all, SO3 has quite a powerful graphics engine, and we'll see about SO4, my expectations are high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
They could always pull a Final Fantasy and make a brand new universe just for this game alone.

Regardless, even though it had it's problems, I actually enjoyed the third game quite a bit. Looking forward for more info.
Yeah, SO3 had some bugs, but nothing really serious, they probably got them and won't do the same mistake twice, we'll believe. SO4 is a very expected one

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 15:38   Link #8
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldron View Post
Yeah, SO3 had some bugs, but nothing really serious, they probably got them and won't do the same mistake twice, we'll believe. SO4 is a very expected one
The battle trophies better make a return.

I am just hoping they aren't as crazy as some of the ones in SO3.

50,000 battles for a battle trophy!? WTF!?
Old 2007-10-13, 15:41   Link #9
-Breakthrough-

Regarding storyline, I hope they give a more clear info on the 4-D Universe...Does it have a space and it's universe as well?
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 06:56   Link #10
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Wish they would put in a japanese voice track with subtitle in their game. NIS games and Odin Sphere spoilt me silly with their japanese VAs.
Old 2007-10-14, 11:08   Link #11
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
Quote:

how about 1 million button presses? xD or win by a margin, healing 77777, etc.

well, they're for the fun anyway, so they will probably be there again

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 11:45   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:

My favorite was the one for beating the last boss at level 1. The scary thing is it's actually possible.
Old 2007-10-14, 12:22   Link #13
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Wish they would put in a japanese voice track with subtitle in their game. NIS games and Odin Sphere spoilt me silly with their japanese VAs.
We can only hope.

As long as it doesn't turn out like the one in SO2, I think I can dig even a half-decent english dub.

Tractor Beam!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldron
well, they're for the fun anyway, so they will probably be there again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
My favorite was the one for beating the last boss at level 1. The scary thing is it's actually possible.
Better prizes are a must too. If I am gonna go through all that, at least make them worth the trouble.
Old 2007-10-15, 18:15   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

Tractor Beam!!
The only line in the game that thanks to a programming glitch doesn't make my ears bleed. It also reveals the glaring differences between both of Rena's voices. One sounds her age and the other sounds like somebody trying to sound like they are her age. All the voices in the English version seemed miscast before I even got a chance to hear the originals. Now with such huge storage space on discs there should be no excuse for not having multiple audio tracks like any DVD Movie would have.
Old 2007-10-16, 00:14   Link #15
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Now with such huge storage space on discs there should be no excuse for not having multiple audio tracks like any DVD Movie would have.
That is only in the case with the PS3 and Blu-ray...
Old 2007-10-18, 19:04   Link #16
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
I was very happy with Star Ocean 3 (160+ hours playtime ) so I'm really dieing to get my hands on SO4, can't wait for the further updates
Old 2007-10-18, 19:12   Link #17
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
I was also happy with SO3 too, loved it and the crazy battle system. Heres hoping to another good SO game
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 10:38   Link #18
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

IM such a big fan for JRPG's but i think its coming out for the PSP
Old 2007-10-23, 00:54   Link #19
Narumi
*Fansubber

No, it's not. SO1 and SO2 are being remade for the PSP, but SO4 is for next generation consoles, either the 360 or the PS3.
Old 2007-10-26, 04:09   Link #20
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
No, it's not. SO1 and SO2 are being remade for the PSP, but SO4 is for next generation consoles, either the 360 or the PS3.
Yes, it would a terrible waste after all these years of waiting for SO4 to be released on PSP :P