AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-11-08, 22:14   Link #41
darkprimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Without knowing, we can believe either way. I'm inclined to believe that, until we know otherwise, elemental affinities are mutually exclusive, in that each person is limited to one specifically.
Well that's your opinion and that's fine, but I would have you add barring a kekkei genkai that each person only has one.

Quote:
I'm not trying to suggest that the Sharingan gene and elemental affinity gene are one in the same. I'm not even suggesting that they are one gene specifically; they could both be a combination of genes. I only meant to say that it seems like those two characteristics would come in a pair, since they both seem to be so prized among the clan ("X" can effectively use Sharingan, it is time to teach him about his affinity to fire).
Yeah, I wasn't saying they are the same gene either, that's the whole point of linked genes, they travel together, if you have one you have the other. As far as them being prized it seems more like it's a clan pride thing than anything about affinity. You must master Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu in order to be recognized as a result among the Uchiha. It's easy enough to see this as both the Sharingan and fire specialization would be hallmarks of Madara, the founder, so you must be able to pull off this jutsu in order to prove you are a true Uchiha and worthy of being in the clan.

Quote:
Admittedly, you may be right about the fire affinity issue, in that Madara only wanted them to be proficient in fire so that it could continue to be passed through the lineage, but considering the reverence that these traits hold within the clan, and the dominance with which they persist suggests, to me, that they come in a pair, regardless of how many genes it takes to make up these traits. Looking at Sasuke's father and Itachi (the only two other Uchiha about which we know anything), it would appear that they carry both traits. Again, I recognize that this may not be the case, but since we know nothing about other members of the Uchiha clan, I'm of the belief that they are linked.
See we don't know that it's necessarily a dominance of affinity, although I do personally believe that the bulk of the Uchiha possess an affinity for fire elemental chakra. However, considering the way it is used it could easily be a test, be able to do the jutsu or you aren't worthy of being an Uchiha. I mean the clan symbol is a fan with which to make flames burn hotter, I don't imagine it would look good if your clan members couldn't use kaiton jutsu. Madara most likely had fire affinity and was well known for his skill in fire elemental chakra based techniques. Since he was the founder of the clan, he would obviously want all members of it to be able to use kaiton jutsu like he could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I would agree except for the paper test. Based on one's chakra affinity, the paper reacts a certain way. Fire: it burns, Wind: it splits, Lightning it crinkles. Since the paper seems to only react one specific way per person, that determines your true affinity and having two or more affinities normally isn't possible, else the test wouldn't really be reliable. That's not to say a shinobi can't become proficient in using other elemental jutsu and maybe even prefer to use an element that isn't their affinity, it's just that they will always have a natural inclination towards one element even if only slightly.
Well, I would agree with you too except for the fact that we know there are people with more than one affinity. They most likely would have taken this paper test at some point and gotten a strange result indicating the dual affinities. Just because the characters we have seen/heard about taking the test are single elemental affinity types doesn't mean that the test can't determine multiple affinities in a single examinee.
darkprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 00:42   Link #42
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprimus View Post
Well, I would agree with you too except for the fact that we know there are people with more than one affinity. They most likely would have taken this paper test at some point and gotten a strange result indicating the dual affinities. Just because the characters we have seen/heard about taking the test are single elemental affinity types doesn't mean that the test can't determine multiple affinities in a single examinee.
I'd agree except that I don't think those people who have more than one elemental affinity (I assume you're talking about people with a Kekkai Genkai, since I don't think we've met anyone else who definitively has two affinities) would necessarily have to take the paper test to discover their affinity. Looking at Haku, he was able to create ice sculptures as a small boy, something that worried his mother because she knew about the bloodline. He didn't have to take a test to find out, he just knew inherently. As far as Yamato goes, he was a genetic experiment created by Orochimaru. As far as we know, he also knew inherently about his dual affinity, though he may not have known why he had it. Essentially, I just think that people with these dual affinities (Kekkai Genkai's) know inherently that they have those abilities, and don't require a test to figure out their affinity.
Old 2007-11-09, 03:22   Link #43
Spideyknight

In episode 4 of shippuden, Kakashi uses Katon: Grand fireball Technique. So Kakashi has at the very least 4 out of the 5 elements.

I believe Naruto's other element will be water. These are the Hurricane Chronicles so I believe Naruto will make some kind of Hurricane technique or Whirlpool technique. His mother is from the Hidden Whirlpool village after all. I assume the "Yellow Flash" or "Thunder God" technique of the 4th is Raiton, which kinda ruins my hopes of Naruto learning that.

One thing about Kishi is that no amount of "small" inconsistencies bother me. Naruto is a good series but Kishi sucks at the small stuff and keeping it consistent with past knowledge.
Spideyknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 08:22   Link #44
xAdvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyknight View Post
In episode 4 of shippuden, Kakashi uses Katon: Grand fireball Technique. So Kakashi has at the very least 4 out of the 5 elements.
Just because you can perform a few of the basic jutsus does not mean you have the affinity for that element I think that to have an affinity for an element which generally means you can master this element easier then others you should be able to manipulate it and create your own jutsus with this elemental chakra I would imagine most people with basic ninja skills of a chunnin and such can learn how to do the katon jutsu because it seems like everyone in Konoha that is a jounin/ some skilled chunnin and in the uchihas case some very skilled genin Itachi/Sasuke have mastered the basic fireball techniques but how many of them can actually manipulate fire element into their chakra with shape manipulation also this proves a real affinity. I think anyone can learn most elements just not be able to create complex S rank jutsus. I wouldnt be suprised if naruto learned a few basic katon jutsus shortly it would make him and toad summons alot more proficiant the fourth knew katon jutsu and combined it with gamabunta just like jiraiya so why not naruto learn the same I think he would be capable of this.
xAdvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 09:36   Link #45
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
It was never shown that there are people with more than one affinity, except for Kakuuzu, in the case of the people like Yamato or Haku, it was never said those had two elemental affinity, it only was said the could handle two elements.

Again, one thing is that people can handle more than one Element, the other is having an elemental affinity, these are two different concepts.

That’s the reason why Yamato (or Kakshi) said that most Jounnin can handle 2 elements, this is because having different elements is something that is learn as the Shinoby grows.
Old 2007-11-09, 15:25   Link #46
Spideyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAdvo View Post
Just because you can perform a few of the basic jutsus does not mean you have the affinity for that element I think that to have an affinity for an element which generally means you can master this element easier then others you should be able to manipulate it and create your own jutsus with this elemental chakra I would imagine most people with basic ninja skills of a chunnin and such can learn how to do the katon jutsu because it seems like everyone in Konoha that is a jounin/ some skilled chunnin and in the uchihas case some very skilled genin Itachi/Sasuke have mastered the basic fireball techniques but how many of them can actually manipulate fire element into their chakra with shape manipulation also this proves a real affinity. I think anyone can learn most elements just not be able to create complex S rank jutsus. I wouldnt be suprised if naruto learned a few basic katon jutsus shortly it would make him and toad summons alot more proficiant the fourth knew katon jutsu and combined it with gamabunta just like jiraiya so why not naruto learn the same I think he would be capable of this.
Actually I agree with you, just you and I are in contrast to the OP who believes you can only use Jutsus of your affinity. I think that, with training, genius ninja are capable of at least learning to use multiple elements. I believe Katon: Grand Fireball is not some simple ninjitsu though, it is stated to have been made by the Uchiha clan, so it isn't a base ability. It's likely that the third's flame breath technique is a base fire ability.
Old 2007-11-09, 15:32   Link #47
xAdvo

Quote:
Actually I agree with you, just you and I are in contrast to the OP who believes you can only use Jutsus of your affinity. I think that, with training, genius ninja are capable of at least learning to use multiple elements. I believe Katon: Grand Fireball is not some simple ninjitsu though, it is stated to have been made by the Uchiha clan, so it isn't a base ability. It's likely that the third's flame breath technique is a base fire ability.
i wonder what the chakra affinity of the kyubbi is? maybe fire... maybe naruto can use the kyubbis chakra to fully access the power of fire jutsus.
Old 2007-11-09, 16:15   Link #48
Spideyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAdvo View Post
i wonder what the chakra affinity of the kyubbi is? maybe fire... maybe naruto can use the kyubbis chakra to fully access the power of fire jutsus.

That was pretty much my complaint with that chapter. Kakishi had a bunch of paper, why not make Naruto channel his chakra into the paper and then Kyuubi's? Judging from appearance only, I'd say Kyuubi's is Fire. It burns Sakura, the cloak burns Naruto, etc...

To me Kishi missed another perfectly good opportunity to really level Naruto up. Since we haven't really seen these "results" of Naruto and Jiraiya's time together. When Yamato used Earth and Water to create Wood and then Kakashi explained Haku used Wind and Water to create Ice, Naruto should've had the infamous bell go off. No idea what Fire and Wind would create though, maybe Inferno/Hellfire?

I believe this is going to be one of those things that goes unsaid. It is called the "Hurricane Chronicles" so I'm assuming Naruto learns Wind and Water to make a Hurricane or some sort of Whirlpool. This puts him in direct contrast with Sasuke: Wind beats lightning, fire beats wind, water beats fire. It is also a form of companionship though since Wind helps Fire.

Also if you remember from the top of the hospital it seems Naruto can stand right in the middle of a fire jitsu and no be hurt very much. I mean him and a clone are creating the rasengan right in the middle of Sasuke's fire technique. The flipside is that he does get hurt when he uses the clone ladder to smash Sasuke into a wall and Sasuke uses fire to burn the entire ladder.
Old 2007-11-09, 16:23   Link #49
darkprimus

Quote:
I'd agree except that I don't think those people who have more than one elemental affinity (I assume you're talking about people with a Kekkai Genkai, since I don't think we've met anyone else who definitively has two affinities) would necessarily have to take the paper test to discover their affinity. Looking at Haku, he was able to create ice sculptures as a small boy, something that worried his mother because she knew about the bloodline. He didn't have to take a test to find out, he just knew inherently. As far as Yamato goes, he was a genetic experiment created by Orochimaru. As far as we know, he also knew inherently about his dual affinity, though he may not have known why he had it. Essentially, I just think that people with these dual affinities (Kekkai Genkai's) know inherently that they have those abilities, and don't require a test to figure out their affinity.
Yes, I was talking about bloodlines. I would just like to point out that in the 2 examples you gave (Haku and Yamato) they are both using pre-established bloodlines. Everyone already knows those exist and what chakra are needed to perform them, so no test need be given. If you display the ability, since someone before you did as well it can be reasonably assumed that you have the same elemental chakra affinity or affinities. However, as with everything someone had to be first. The first time Shodaime created a little shrub or something with his ability his parents would have most likely concluded "this is a strange elemental issue, let's get the boy tested to see what is going on." After that, any time someone uses a mokuton technique you automatically know they must have identical affinities to Shodaime and no testing is needed. The same thing holds true for Haku and his ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
It was never shown that there are people with more than one affinity, except for Kakuuzu, in the case of the people like Yamato or Haku, it was never said those had two elemental affinity, it only was said the could handle two elements.

Again, one thing is that people can handle more than one Element, the other is having an elemental affinity, these are two different concepts.

That’s the reason why Yamato (or Kakshi) said that most Jounnin can handle 2 elements, this is because having different elements is something that is learn as the Shinoby grows.
Handling an element is very different from what people like Yamato or Haku are doing. I agree with you that a shinobi can handle using multiple elements. I mean I pointed out Kakashi and Sandiame as examples of it. However the point of having more than one affinity is that you can utilize more than one elemental chakra type naturally and would not require as much effort to learn those techniques. For Yamato, having Shodaime's bloodline and hence dual affinity allows him to use any doton or suiton jutsu he wants fairly naturally and easy in comparison to someone who lacks affinity. Having Shodaime's Kekkei Genkai allows him to combine these two affinities during the chakra molding stage of a jutsu to create a new elemental chakra type, his mokuton. This last step was what Kakashi defined as a Kekkei Genkai, and this last step is what he can't copy.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:18   Link #50
Spideyknight

What element is sand? Perhaps all Jinchuuriki have the capability to mix two elements. Sand could be Earth and Wind, which would make sense considering Gaara is from the wind country, and Shikaku uses Wind based attacks in his fight. If you consider that Gaara might be earth based then it makes even more sense. Especially considering in his fight with Kimimaro he says it is easy for him to crush up the minerals in the ground to create sand. If Gaara could teach Naruto how to do the same we may just see our "inferno attack" yet.
Old 2007-11-09, 17:27   Link #51
Ryanthedarkhearted1
The Unknown Ninja

If Siegfried ever comes out of the Mist village, his dojutsu can copy anything
Ryanthedarkhearted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 17:34   Link #52
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
What element is sand? Perhaps all Jinchuuriki have the capability to mix two elements. Sand could be Earth and Wind, which would make sense considering Gaara is from the wind country, and Shikaku uses Wind based attacks in his fight. If you consider that Gaara might be earth based then it makes even more sense. Especially considering in his fight with Kimimaro he says it is easy for him to crush up the minerals in the ground to create sand. If Gaara could teach Naruto how to do the same we may just see our "inferno attack" yet.
I don't think sand is an element, in-and-of itself. It's more like a separate variation of earth, under high compression. Hence Gaara's comment about how it's easy for him to compress the soil in the ground and create sand.
Old 2007-11-09, 18:34   Link #53
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
However the point of having more than one affinity is that you can utilize more than one elemental chakra type naturally and would not require as much effort to learn those techniques. For Yamato, having Shodaime's bloodline and hence dual affinity allows him to use any doton or suiton jutsu he wants fairly naturally and easy in comparison to someone who lacks affinity. Having Shodaime's Kekkei Genkai allows him to combine these two affinities during the chakra molding stage of a jutsu to create a new elemental chakra type, his mokuton. This last step was what Kakashi defined as a Kekkei Genkai, and this last step is what he can't copy.
How so? could you point out the manga chapter this was mentioned?

No, in fact they do not mention nothing about it, what you are saying is that in order to combine two elements to create a new one, multiple affinities is needed, however this was not said or hinted, so we have to stick on what we got, they can handle 2 elements, but thanks to their unique genetic, the can combine these two elements and hence create a new one. in fact, Kakashi or Yamato said that most Jounnin can handle two elements after Yamato performed both the Water Jutsu and the Doton Jutsu. so why Kishi said this after Yamato did his Jutsus?

And Kakashi can't copy a special bloodline trait because he simply doesn't have the genetics for it, just how he can't copy Kimimaru's Jutsus, because his body doesn't have the bone growing ability.

And define effort...do we know exactly the exact type of effort Yamato does when he create Mokuton? or for that matter, do we really know that this Ninja with special blloodline need any effort at all at using those elements? even when they don't have the affinity for it?

Until proven otherwise, to have more than one affinity, you need to have more than one heart.
Old 2007-11-09, 21:15   Link #54
darkprimus

Quote:
How so? could you point out the manga chapter this was mentioned?

No, in fact they do not mention nothing about it, what you are saying is that in order to combine two elements to create a new one, multiple affinities is needed, however this was not said or hinted, so we have to stick on what we got, they can handle 2 elements, but thanks to their unique genetic, the can combine these two elements and hence create a new one. in fact, Kakashi or Yamato said that most Jounnin can handle two elements after Yamato performed both the Water Jutsu and the Doton Jutsu. so why Kishi said this after Yamato did his Jutsus?
Now I specifically stated that I agree that any ninja can use all of the elemental types, they simply can't have an affinity for all of them baring some rare ability (rinnegan) or abuse of the rules (Kakuzu). However, how can multiple affinities not be needed in these cases? If there is just some generic bloodline trait that allows for the blending of different elemental chakras to create a new one, what is to keep any ninja with said ability from creating any combination they feel like? They have to have something that limits them to the 2 types of elemental chakra. Both kekkei genkai we have seen required the simultaneous of two different elemental chakra types to form, something in them must limit them to using these 2 and only these 2. In terms of real life genetics it's easy enough to see.

You get 2 copies of any given gene (with the exception of the sex chromosomes and associated genes), in this case 2 copies of whatever gene it is that encodes for elemental chakra affinity. Now we have no idea how these genes interact in a person for the resulting elemental affinity, however it does open the door for 2 and only 2 types of affinity max. Kakuzu having all 5 really is impossible because the most you can have genetically is 2.

Now since most pairings are done within a clan and as seen by the clans in Konoha they all tend to specialize in types of chakra used it is natural that certain affinities and predilictions would dominate over time. However, that doesn't preclude the option of other non-dominate types to exist and on occasion create a rare 2 affinity ninja. If a ninja has the right DNA to allow them to combine whatever affinities they have then this becomes a kekkei genkai like Shodaime's mokuton and Haku's hyouton, which are obviously genetically encoded based on Orochimaru's research.

All Yamato showed was the difference in being able to use multiple element types (doton and suiton techniques used) versu being able to blend them to create a new elemental chakra type (mokuton techniques).

Quote:
And Kakashi can't copy a special bloodline trait because he simply doesn't have the genetics for it, just how he can't copy Kimimaru's Jutsus, because his body doesn't have the bone growing ability.
No duh, I said that Kakashi can't duplicate the blending of two distinct elemental chakra types to create a new one, which Kakashi himself stated is a kekkei genkai. I simply expanded on that in terms of what we know about how chakra is created and used, saying this event would have to occur during chakra molding stage of jutsu use.

Quote:
And define effort...do we know exactly the exact type of effort Yamato does when he create Mokuton? or for that matter, do we really know that this Ninja with special blloodline need any effort at all at using those elements? even when they don't have the affinity for it?

Until proven otherwise, to have more than one affinity, you need to have more than one heart.
Let's see effort: the amount of work one needs to do to accomplish a given task or objective. That good enough for you?

The entire point of affinities as they seem to be indicated are that it is easier (less effort required in comparison to someone who lacks the affinity) to use the element you have an affinity for compared to any other elemental chakra type.

Concerning Yamato, the fact that Orochimaru transplanted DNA from the first into multiple subjects and he is the only one who survived it shows that something about it puts a rather significant strain on the body. We know for a fact that all jutsu put a strain on the body since the creation of chakra involves using your "stamina" as it is defined in the Naruto-verse and complete expenditure of chakra results in death. However, that's not to say that training can't compensate somewhat. I mean look at Lee perform his Front Lotus and Sasuke his copied Lion's Combo. It was stated that since Sasuke isn't in as good of shape as Lee that the move puts far more strain on him that it would Lee. Yamato similarly has had time to acclimate to using Mokuton jutsu and seems to use it effortlessly now, an indication of his chakra reserves and skill. Just as with other bloodline traits you have natural proficiency in them due to your DNA, however actual skill in their use requires training like with anything else, look at Neji and Hinata for a good example.

Finally, if you want to say that one heart = one affinity that's fine, but unless you had a conversation with Kishimoto and know that is fact then you can't say it like it is. Kishimoto has yet to explain all of the details behind affinities and elemental chakra usage and until he does the point remains unanwsered and any theory that doesn't out and out violate observed usage is still valid and since we don't know the affinities for every last ninja out there or even the bulk of the ones we have seen you can't say anything definatively.
Old 2007-11-09, 21:53   Link #55
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
[..].

Such a long post, with exactly the same thing you been saying, which I don’t need to be repeated of (specially your whole genetically engineering stuff which doesn’t apply at all in a fictional universe), while I don’t have the time to be quoting each and every single thing you posted , I’m just going to do what you failed to do before put MANGA FACTS.

in everything you said here there is little Manga facts, so I’m going to separate your ideas .and please on your reply, at least use Manga reference, I don’t want your theories, assumption or wishes, I want Manga references.

Chapter 316 page 5and later---:

On multiple affinities :
Yamato performs the Doton Doryu Jouheki and then the Suiton Takitsubo, in page 5 of the same manga, Yamato states "I have the ability to manipulate both earth and water" He doesn’t say..”I have 2 elemental affinities”.

But hey, up to this point is not obvious to people like Naruto that he doesn’t have 2 affinities, just that he can handle 2 different elements, so Naruto goes on and make the question for you and those who did not understood:

Naruto: "What ??Yamato has two too?"

Kakashi: "those in the Jounnin Class (reffering to people like Yamato) usually use two"

This stated here directly contradicts your theory, as I made strong emphasis in the word "usually", kakashi is directly stating that what Yamato did was because he is inside the Jounnin class and is something normal, and not because Yamato had a special bloodline trait or dual affinity (and this was the purpose of this page, so people dont get confuse about Yamato having two affinities).

But, you want to continue to insist on your theory? well let see what Kakashi states about Keke gekai --page 6:

Yamato:”There is no such thing as wood element to begin with”

Naruto:, “Then, How?”

Kakashi:He uses it together.”

Kakshi: “By controlling the Nature of earth and water at the same time he creates a new wood element which he could then manipulate.”

Yamato: “earth in the right hand, Water in the Left Hand”

Now…up to this point in nowhere you can see the so called…”I need to have 2 affinities”, or “both elements need to have the same power..blah blah blah.”

Page 7(I personally like this one)

Yamato: “when you have 2 elements you can control, is not very difficult to use them separetly”

Again no sight of dual affinities, in fact, Yamato is saying: if you have 2, you can use them at will. (just like sasuke or kakashi or any other shinoby).

Kakashi then say:

Kakashi:“The ability to use two different types of Nature Manipulation at once,
and create an entirely new element...”
”Is called a bloodline limit.”

Is it me, or in no place here mentions the need of two elements affinity to create new Elements?

---

About Kakashi not copying this jutsus of combined elements, Page 8

[Kakashi: “He combined wind and water to create ice.
An ability like that is genetic, not something you can achieve normally.”

Naruto: “Haku, too...”

Kakashi: “And that's why I couldn't copy it with my Sharingan.”

Nothing about what you said of " This last step was what Kakashi defined as a Kekkei Genkai, and this last step is what he can't copy." he can't copy because of genetics, that’s all; even after the mixing begins the sharigan can decipher the Jutsu. ohh in case you don’t know, this explanation of Sharingan not been able to copy this special bloodline threat was explained fully in the Databook, so we knew since like 2 years ago this sated by kakashi.

Last of all, this called my atttention:

Quote:
Finally, if you want to say that one heart = one affinity that's fine, but unless you had a conversation with Kishimoto and know that is fact then you can't say it like it is. Kishimoto has yet to explain all of the details behind affinities and elemental chakra usage and until he does the point remains unanwsered and any theory that doesn't out and out violate observed usage is still valid and since we don't know the affinities for every last ninja out there or even the bulk of the ones we have seen you can't say anything definatively.
spare me, a fact is something stated and continue to be so until proven otherwise by the author, point here is that what I’m saying here is what have been stated in the Manga, not so with what you have stated so far, which is your invention that in some cases contradict what we know. I don’t need to ask Kishi, because he already printed that on his Manga.

Kishi could had not been more specific about affinity, and he would not go again in depth about it, because he dedicated and entire volume to it, your theory does violate what we know, because the emphasis was made on the question regarding more than two elements.

is ok to have theories, but when the Manga directly states something, then you just have to learn to live with it, that’s what keeps up from inventing thing out of the blue. I just could say, Sharigna can see 360 degrees, because there is nothing that can invalidate that, that is correct, isn’t it?

and then, It was never stated that Pein has affinity for the 6 elements, it said he can use the 6 Elements.

Last edited by Rurik; 2007-11-09 at 22:24.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 03:38   Link #56
Zoe

Quote:
That was pretty much my complaint with that chapter. Kakishi had a bunch of paper, why not make Naruto channel his chakra into the paper and then Kyuubi's? Judging from appearance only, I'd say Kyuubi's is Fire. It burns Sakura, the cloak burns Naruto, etc...
The fact that it burns isn't enough to say that it's fire. Pure chakra can burn, as seen during the second stage of Naruto's Rasengan training.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 11:15   Link #57
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
yeah what Zoe said, the Kyubi chakra did not burn like fire but more like poison and Acid, since Kyubi is suppose to be Evil or Cursed. i don't think he has any afinity. his chakra is an element by itself i guess.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 11:37   Link #58
Xrayz0r
Banned

Quote:
On multiple affinities :
Yamato performs the Doton Doryu Jouheki and then the Suiton Takitsubo, in page 5 of the same manga, Yamato states "I have the ability to manipulate both earth and water" He doesn’t say..”I have 2 elemental affinities”.
Ya, that's the key point really.

Affinities make sure that chakra by default, leans towards a certain element, giving people an easier time manipulating that one. In fact chakra can be manipulated into any element, it's just more likely for anyone to get their chakra converted to their own affinity before moving on to other elements (which takes years to complete, hence almost no one succeeds manipulating more than 3).

And.. the mixing thing hasn't got anything to do with it.
Xrayz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 12:11   Link #59
xAdvo

Quote:
Yamato: “when you have 2 elements you can control, is not very difficult to use them separetly”

Again no sight of dual affinities, in fact, Yamato is saying: if you have 2, you can use them at will. (just like sasuke or kakashi or any other shinoby).

Actually since he says 2 elements you can control he is implying affinity because you cannot manipulate elements you dont have an affinity for.

Yamato was just simply refering to himself in which he has no problem seperating his elements and creating water elements and earth elements. He is implying that since he has 2 elements he can control its not hard to seperate them and use them as their own respective element. sasuke or kakashi have only really seen applying one affinity and that is lightning as they can create the chidori which requires nature manipulation and i think sasuke has recently applyed shape manipulation too. but yamato has 2 affinitys earth and water to create wood.
Old 2007-11-10, 12:18   Link #60
xAdvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
Ya, that's the key point really.

Affinities make sure that chakra by default, leans towards a certain element, giving people an easier time manipulating that one. In fact chakra can be manipulated into any element, it's just more likely for anyone to get their chakra converted to their own affinity before moving on to other elements (which takes years to complete, hence almost no one succeeds manipulating more than 3).

And.. the mixing thing hasn't got anything to do with it.
The electron affinity, Eea, of an atom or molecule is the energy required to detach an electron from a singly charged negative ion, i.e., the energy change for the process

If you use this definition of affinity as i think kishi would do since science relates more to elements then math or as the lean towards definition would imply mathematics.

if you have an affinity for an element you can easily detatch that element from your chakra and apply it to a new form as Yamato is an example of he can detatch water or earth seperately or he can detatch them at the same time one in each hand and create wood he has perfect control over both of those but not so much over others like he cant put fire and earth in each hand and combine them or anything only water and earth.