AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-02, 16:29   Link #81
Sassarai
Army of One

I don't like her without pretty eyes

Did they ever discuss in the manga how long a Defensive warrior has till they are not able to regenerate their eyes? Or can they regenrate it whenever they feel like it?

I was hoping she will regernate her eyes when the going gets tough ~_~

Last edited by Sassarai; 2007-11-02 at 16:40.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:32   Link #82
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

My heart cry when i see that sig
why did galetea have to go blind
Old 2007-11-02, 16:34   Link #83
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
My heart cry when i see that sig
why did galetea have to go blind
I think she might have done it for training purposes and to hide her Claymore identity amongt humans so if given the chance she could easily regenerate it.
I miss her sexy eyes too but she looks cool & sexy nevertheless
Old 2007-11-02, 16:37   Link #84
King Lycan
*IT Support

but i wish they could tell us if Irene is dead or is somewhere living or maybeshe is the same city with Galetea
Old 2007-11-02, 16:40   Link #85
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Oh no. The poor girl lost her sight. She's won my sympathy now. How poetic, given that she was once their eye.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:40   Link #86
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
but i wish they could tell us if Irene is dead or is somewhere living or maybeshe is the same city with Galetea
I can see Galatea,Irene and Rafaela regularly meeting up for tea to talk about their Claymore days

Scenario: Irene bragging about how she fought the two most powerful beings ever in the Claymore world while Rafaela and Galatea rolling their eyes at her

Last edited by BaalChaamon; 2007-11-02 at 16:50.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:44   Link #87
King Lycan
*IT Support

lol yea they should make an Chapter about that
Old 2007-11-02, 16:46   Link #88
Tevourious

Well oddly she has eyes in her head still .... you'd think they'd have healed normally or not at all. Raphaela flat out is missing an eye. Now if she gouged her non working eyes out, could she grow fresh ones? Since shes scarred up and blind she obviously had to work to let that heal "Normally??? instead of regenerating. Also I'm thinking if a Claymore is unconcious they won't heal as well. Clare was laid up for days. Perhaps she got the snot beat out of her and was passed out so long she couldn't heal them properly and just kept it that way. Kinda like the standard rule for fantasy healing. Magic healing doesn't leave scars, if ya heal it normally it does.
Old 2007-11-02, 16:49   Link #89
BaalChaamon

Hmmm now that Galatea is blind both her and Miata are fighting by relying on their senses...in the case of Galatea that is probably paired with her Yoki sensing ability.Maybe she is using it in a similiar fashion Teresa and Clare did
Old 2007-11-02, 17:45   Link #90
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Regenerating an eye is not the same as regenerating an arm or a leg. "She probably doesnīt know how to do it"

Besides her wound doesnīt seem self inflicted and Galatea probably has a sight like the "daredevil".

If the wound is not really self inflicted then who made her blind? Riful? Maybe, if she lied to Clare.

Priscilla and Easley? I doubt it

Luciela or rafaela? maybe....

Raki? if so...I really donīt wanna know what type of bastard he is.

random awakened?...Probably.
Old 2007-11-02, 17:49   Link #91
GinGanNoRigardo

Hi, I found the translation of this Chapter

------------
Miata: Uh---

Crarice: No, don't put it off. There would be no meaning of surpressing Yoma enegy til now if they know we're here.

Clarice: But if it's here...though there is a saying that a forest is where to hide a tree...in a way, it might be the hardest place to find her...

Clarice: Holy town...Labona...

(*Clarice and Miata getting found by a soldier)

Soldier: Oi you, what is on your back? Put off your cape and show us.

Clarice: This is bad, Miata

(*Clarice and Miata running, getting sandwiched)

Man(Syd) : Hey, come here

Clarice: !

Man(Syd) : Jump up here. You can do it, can't you?

Clarice: Eh...? We're going Miata, follow me.

(*Clarice getting on the rooftop)

Man(Syd) : It's your turn, girl.

Miata: Mama...

Clarice: Hurry Miata, quick!
(*Jump)

(*In the shed(?))

Man(Syd) : come in, they won't find you here

Gark : what happened? Didn't you went for a patroll, Syd...

Syd: I just found interesting things on the way... it's two claymore warriors, Gark.

Gark: what?

Clarice: th...this is a trap, isn't it? We cannot be caught right here. I know the holy town of Labona won't take us, but we have something to do here.

Gark: Calm down. This town has been changing since that day in seven years ago. It's quite generous there now.

Clarice: Eh?

Syd: We had been saved by one of your comrades. Since then with helps from Father Vincent, those kind of deeds were moderated. Well, we can't cooperate openly still though. Those soldiers just now might had only been chasing a mysterious guy. You looked not wanted to be known your identity, that was why I helped you.

(*sorry, gonna skip a few things...basically Syd and Gark thought there were another request to slash the Yoma, and Clarice was told that there had been some people had been missing. She asked for a deal, what they will help finding Yoma if Syd/Gark told them information about a woman who settled in the town in these years.*)

Syd: These years, that's a lot...it's gonna be impossible to search.

Clarice: Out of those...the Blind citizen.

Syd: ! Blind...?

Clarice: we're using a special medicine to change the color of our eyes. However, the real color is still silver...it won't change no mattar how long we suppress our yoma energy. I don't think the person has enough amount of pills to keep the colors of eyes' changed for so long...so, if she's in this town then probably she's pretending to be blind in order to be not seen the color of the eye.

Syd: I see...but we aren't stupid either...there's no way a silver-eyed witch can sneak and stay with just pretending to be blind.

Clarice: Eh? Then...

Syd: But there is one... a yound blind woman who settled down here a couple years ago...

Kid: Bye, Sister. See you tomorrow.

Sister: There, don't run. be careful on the way.

Kid: Yes.

(*sorry, skipping again!! the father had thanked Sister Latea for caring orphans, and Sister Latea thanked back for the time she spent as a normal human. She says this day is probably going to be the last.*)

Clarice: The Former number 3 of the organization, Galatea...from the order of the organization, we've come to get your head.

Father: Wha...,Clay...more?

Sister Latea(Galatea): Please back up, Father...looks like the time has come.

(battle cracks, Galatea caught Miata's sword by Bed)

Miata: !

Galatea: If you put this inside...you could sleep comfortably on the soft bed too.

(*Another skip. Galatea apologizes Father, and asks him, for children, let it be just a sigle sister vanishing away. Then Galatea turns back to the two.*)

Galatea: It is such a small Yoma aura compared to another. Are you really a warrior?

Clarice: Don't tell a lie, you shouldn't be able to sense it! You're just telling from my hair color.

Galatea: ! So you're a colored. Now I understand your weakness... seeing that the organizationhas sent someone like you to hunt me down...it seems like the organization is seriously short on power...

Clarice: Wha...don't look chap on us! I tell you, Miata is...

Galatea: Oh I see that too. Just her Yoma aura, it is far above mine.

(*Wind)

Galatea: Since my eyes were squashed...my ability on reading yoma enegy has improved...

Clarice: Wha...

(*Battle Again)

Clarice: Wha, why...why is she able to receive Miata's attacks if she's... ! Oh wait...if she can read our Yoma energy, then had she known that we were coming...?

(Miata releasing yoma Energy)

Clarice: Relesing Yoma Energy! Miata!

Galatea: ch....

Clarice: !!

Galatea: shit...I was intending to have it after getting more closer...
(*the meaning of this line if still unclear. Just a direct translation for now.*)

OOOOoow....(*sound)

Citizen: Oi, what is it...

Syd: Gark!
Gark: yeah. it is same as...the Yoma of seven years ago...

Syd: No...it is something huge and more ominous...

The End

--
translation by Epsilonium

Have fun

sayonara
Old 2007-11-02, 17:51   Link #92
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
blast! I forgot that we were doing an individual thread for each new chapter... oh well.

Poor Galatea, she would never realize how many people were checking her out unless they were awakened beings or claymores. I would guess her senses beyond her uber youkiness are pretty good now too.

Next big question is who is coming in the next chapter? Is it one of the awakened beings we already know or is it a new character (I hope for a youma/human hybrid)? It doesn't seem like Riful, Isley, or Priscilla's style to scream loud enough for everyone to hear them and most of the other awakened beings we've met are dead. Maybe Dauff, but I really hope not.

How ironic would it be if Raki came back to the city of Rabona as an awakened being to feast? I really hope the noise didn't come from galatea...

And does Galk ever change out of his armor?
Maybe Galatea will release enough yoki for Riful to notice her to make Rabona into rubblena.
Old 2007-11-02, 17:52   Link #93
King Lycan
*IT Support

thanks for the translation
Old 2007-11-02, 17:58   Link #94
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Whew... Cute chapter. I totally loved the fact that the attention was thwarted back at humans for a change. Rabona, probably being the center of civilization in the claymore world was undergoing social and political changes it seems. It appears that clare has made more and more fans without even realizing it... lol...
Father vincent made claymores legal in the city? Humans rock dude! Now they can all party together...

Anyways... Galatea sure is the smartest of all deserter claymores me thinks...
ORG's are smarter though, now that they've got themselves a hound like miata who can sniff out a snowflake miles and miles away; any tard who's dumb enough to mark his territory in the ORG's backyard has a thing coming.
I sure hope galatea kept to her aesthetical and hygenial principles and didn't follow that example.

Not that it matters tho, she blew her cover anyway...
Old 2007-11-02, 18:00   Link #95
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Well After reading the script, I'm not sure what to think about Galetea's eyes. Rubel made a comment that made it sound as though Raefeala should have been able to regenerate and eye, and she was an offensive type. Also the way Galetea says it makes it sound as though her eyes were lost in a way that was not self inflicted. That said, I think someone will die, but not Galetea. I think that Maita will kill a human trying to kill Galetea.
Old 2007-11-02, 18:01   Link #96
King Lycan
*IT Support

I think Galetea cut her eyes out on purpose
Old 2007-11-02, 18:07   Link #97
BaalChaamon

So Galatea's Yoki reading has indeed improved immensly.She can use her skill in a similiar fashion as Teresa and Clare....but whats with the Eye's having been squashed..who would do that to my Lady

Wonder what that Galatea had planned on doing to Miata and what that Yoma/AB is doing there...
Old 2007-11-02, 18:11   Link #98
Sassarai
Army of One

It doesn't make sense if someone else squashed it since she could of just regenerate it back.
Old 2007-11-02, 18:13   Link #99
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
It doesn't make sense if someone else squashed it since she could of just regenerate it back.
Regardless of who did it, she could regenerate her eyes. If it wasn't for training/cover-up purposes....
than something would be really fishy here
Old 2007-11-02, 18:13   Link #100
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
yea she just had to cut her on eyes