AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 17.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 40.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 19.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.83%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-08, 23:29   Link #261
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gundam 00 Episode 05 Summary And Thoughts. I did end up finally doing the article, but since I was so busy there are no pictures for now. Sorry. I think as I say in the comments I'll add some on Monday when I'm back home. Got to go away for the weekend and such to house sit for my aunt.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-11-11 at 14:13.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 02:10   Link #262
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
to the ensign in Double ZZ who wanted to date the pizza waitress
I believe you're referring to Torres, btw.
Old 2007-11-09, 03:31   Link #263
osmium
of high density

Personally I'd like it to *be* 100% political intrigue with well developed consistent technology and lots of action (I'm with 4tran, I have a feeling that they might not use their abilities to their full extent...) (although in related news, if you were to destroy the energy supply the nations were using to maintain their armies... Just sayin' might've been easier to just knock out one of the solar arrays than trudge through via this method...)
But yeah to get on track again, while Louise et al as far as side characters appear worthless, I'm not going to say anything until they *do* pull a Raki, (for those who miss the reference, a *main* character that basically serves no purpose save to always be around, possibly be in danger, and always call out to the real main character)). For all we know it will be useful to have their characters fleshed out sometime. And if the whole view of the newsroom / views into key important political figures plays a role via giving the viewer information that one side or the other doesn't have than I'll be happy because it adds suspense (sort of the polar opposite to much of say code gaess where it's all about the wtf factor, where you might know something crazy is going to happen, but you don't know how he did it until later, not to say that they don't use the audience having more information than the characters to their advantage as well)
-O
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 05:33   Link #264
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
I rather Saji & Louise have some more screentime instead of looking at the old geezer's of the 3 factions ranting all day about CB.
But thats gundam politics man~!!! Its like the bestest thing that has ever happened, even better than real life politics.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 08:56   Link #265
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
If by 'normal' you mean 'random imbecile', I agree 100%. I understand what they're trying to do, but they just fail. Badly. I guess every anime show about competent people needs a Raki or two to maintain te balance of the universe...
Balance is fine even Raki as he was served a purpose for the development of the main character. So far i have not seen Louise contribute really anything except lightheartedness. Which is fine because sometimes you need that my real compliant is if she continues to take up screen time and after 50 episodes nothing has changed. Even if she does one thing that adds to the overall story i will be satisfied. I dont think thats too much to ask for as Gundam 00 still has not impressed me as i thought it would but again we are only on episode 5 im a patient person i can wait.
Old 2007-11-09, 09:12   Link #266
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
when people are discussing about boob size and of the "need" of useless character in a serie instead of talking about what happened in the episode i think it tells a great deal about the actual content of show...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 09:59   Link #267
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
when people are discussing about boob size and of the "need" of useless character in a serie instead of talking about what happened in the episode i think it tells a great deal about the actual content of show...
I think it's more like people will nitpick on the most useless things no matter how good the content is.

Also, it's also easier to nitpick on boobs and "useless" characters than to discuss the merits of certain content.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 10:09   Link #268
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

pretty much agree with ya.
Old 2007-11-09, 10:10   Link #269
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
Hey, tell that to the guy who negative-reputed me when I wrote about the actual content. The internet allow us to talk about anything, even trivial things. Then again, 00 tries so hard to spell out the plot in clear words for its younger audience, that there usually isn't that much politics to talk about past the 3rd day of the sub release. We are really just bidding our time until either 1. more info from Japan gets released. or 2. A new episode shows up.
Old 2007-11-09, 10:23   Link #270
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

spoon feeding the plot to the japanese audience ftw!!!
Old 2007-11-09, 11:19   Link #271
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I think it's more like people will nitpick on the most useless things no matter how good the content is.

Also, it's also easier to nitpick on boobs and "useless" characters than to discuss the merits of certain content.
Exept there's not much content this time around. It's not going anywhere.

It's been five episodes, by now you should have a tiny idea of what is the point of the show. Fifty episodes or no.

At least they moved away from the Gundam politics...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 11:59   Link #272
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Hey, tell that to the guy who negative-reputed me when I wrote about the actual content. The internet allow us to talk about anything, even trivial things. Then again, 00 tries so hard to spell out the plot in clear words for its younger audience, that there usually isn't that much politics to talk about past the 3rd day of the sub release. We are really just bidding our time until either 1. more info from Japan gets released. or 2. A new episode shows up.
Vallen i think a lot of us have been subjected to that quite a bit in the Gundam 00 thread. People who are fanatics of the show just cant deal with anyone who disagrees with their opinion. Numerous people have tried to point out the rep system is not used to settle differences of opinion but they use it as a HA i gave you bad rep i win. when their incoherent ramblings and Flaming do nothing to advance the topics in the thread. sorry man

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-11-09 at 15:25.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 13:47   Link #273
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Vallen i think a lot of us have been subjected to that quite a bit in the Gundam 00 thread. People who are fanatics of the show just cant deal with anyone who disagrees with their opinion. Numerous people have tried to point out the rep system is not used to settle differences of opinion but they use it as a HA i gave you bad rep i win. when there incoherent ramblings and Flaming do nothing to advance the topics in the thread. sorry man
Heh, quite true. They didn't even bother stating their reason.
No serious discussion this time, I see. Quite a mess last month, isn't it?
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 15:26   Link #274
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Heh, quite true. They didn't even bother stating their reason.
No serious discussion this time, I see. Quite a mess last month, isn't it?
Which is why i dont post in here as much its just not fun anymore like the other threads.
Old 2007-11-09, 19:30   Link #275
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjacat View Post
Exept there's not much content this time around. It's not going anywhere.

It's been five episodes, by now you should have a tiny idea of what is the point of the show. Fifty episodes or no.

At least they moved away from the Gundam politics...
Well, if you want to talk about the big picture, episode 5 essentially tells us that CB is controlled by some very sick and deplorable bosses.

Imagine this; you left your office to rescue some people from a burning building across the street, but when you come back your boss chewed you out for leaving your desk without permission. The company you work form must be run by Trolls if this occured.
Old 2007-11-09, 19:45   Link #276
monster

Quote:
Well, if you want to talk about the big picture, episode 5 essentially tells us that CB is controlled by some very sick and deplorable bosses.
I would think that should already be expected though, given their line of work.

I feel that this episode is more about a possible Soma-Allelujah relation rather than about the CB higher-ups. Which, so far, only Wang (that we know of) might fit your description (I wouldn't count Tieria as someone in control, yet).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 19:50   Link #277
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I would think that should already be expected though, given their line of work.
None the less, up until this episode, one could still imply there was some moral fibre in the heads of CB. The new information cements the idea that their mission is more important than any lives.

(The intentional irony, is that CB might get positive PR from this episode, yet the CB higher-ups would still be furious about it all.)
Old 2007-11-09, 19:58   Link #278
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Which is why i dont post in here as much its just not fun anymore like the other threads.
Maybe Gundam is one of those shows best watched a couple episodes at a time? You know, like a DVD or bloc of episodes.

Clannad on the other hand, is best taken one episode at a time.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 20:24   Link #279
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
None the less, up until this episode, one could still imply there was some moral fibre in the heads of CB. The new information cements the idea that their mission is more important than any lives.

(The intentional irony, is that CB might get positive PR from this episode, yet the CB higher-ups would still be furious about it all.)
Remember VCV, it's all about the big picture.

It was more important to spy and destroy a pink mobile suit rather than having to save 200 people plus revealing to the HRA that they have weapons that can fire into space.

The HRA will probably try to cover up the incident(Excluding CB for instance) unless there were some news crew on scene to film the whole thing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 21:16   Link #280
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Remember VCV, it's all about the big picture.

It was more important to spy and destroy a pink mobile suit rather than having to save 200 people plus revealing to the HRA that they have weapons that can fire into space.

The HRA will probably try to cover up the incident(Excluding CB for instance) unless there were some news crew on scene to film the whole thing.
I said "might".

I was discussion the issue of sacrifice and "the big picture" on another forum a few hours ago (about code geass). My final conclusion is that there are two types of sacrifices; there is "self-sacrifice", and then there is sacrifice by holding someone down on an altar and cutting his heart out with a dagger. Yet for some reason many out there think these two are the same thing.

Celestial Being is more interested in sacrifices of other people for their own ends. The employees at the bottom of the ladder might not agree fully, but there is only so much they can do about it.