AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 26 17.93%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 40.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 19.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.83%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-04, 02:36   Link #81
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Because you were just hoping for her to squeal and start stripping off?
Wow it has been a long time, only brightman and I noticed it.

Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 02:54   Link #82
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Btw, SoD and brightman were talking about Deep Space Homer, when Homer pulled the same zero-g pringles trick.

And yes, contrary to the popular belief that Japan does not watch animated stuff outside their borders (( which is bull, considering how well Pixar stuff sells there )), they have their own Japanese dubs for Simpsons.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 03:17   Link #83
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@SoD, brightman and Nightengale,

I see, so that's how it is.....

Even so, who here doesn't mind Louise banging into a tank full of red ants, and ahem....stripping down to her undies in zero-g?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 05:31   Link #84
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Great episode

I am truly respect of Sergei.

Seems like to me that this episode has lots of homage(sp)?
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 05:37   Link #85
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Allelujah should have said something like "You're understating Gundam Kyrios!!" when he pushed back the block

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2007-11-04 at 09:15.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 06:49   Link #86
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's patrick,

Seriously, with a guy with an ego of his magnitude, being humiliated by Exia probably drove him into alcoholism and depression. So he's just waiting to get back at the Gundams. I think anyways.
I...see. The rate of which his beard grows is...astounding. He looked like he aged 10+ years because of that, and his hairstyle has changed a bit too. Probably because it looked too similar to Allelujah's hair or something.
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 09:29   Link #87
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by withered_joy View Post
I...see. The rate of which his beard grows is...astounding. He looked like he aged 10+ years because of that, and his hairstyle has changed a bit too. Probably because it looked too similar to Allelujah's hair or something.
I guess it's more of an indication of how much time has passed by ep 6. Assuming it's really him - doesn't the person on the left in this pic look like a Union soldier?
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...eview%2001.jpg

One interesting thing about next ep's title (Seven Sword) - this name turns up in the background notes, so isn't really a spoiler, but since the name hasn't appeared in the actual series yet, I'm putting it in a spoiler:
Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 10:57   Link #88
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I guess it's more of an indication of how much time has passed by ep 6. Assuming it's really him - doesn't the person on the left in this pic look like a Union soldier?
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...eview%2001.jpg
Union?? Patrick's from AEU, what's he doing with a Union soldier? Ahh whatever, that's probably why AEU could produce Flag ripoffs.

...I'm still a bit skeptical. If that's Patrick, I guess his shock from humiliation was so much that he went some place to train or something and got a tattoo and buffed up a bit... ="= However, I see some Japanese fansites predicting something like it's AEU's turn next episode so... maybe it is him after all.
Old 2007-11-04, 11:21   Link #89
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Seriously, check out episode 1 again where it shows patrick.

The hair is exactly the same style.
Old 2007-11-04, 11:52   Link #90
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Except the beard
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 12:25   Link #91
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Seriously, check out episode 1 again where it shows patrick.

The hair is exactly the same style.
I did, actually. I did, and it didn't convince me. I checked the first episode before I questioned whether it is him or not. I don't really think the hair style is the same... his hair isn't curly. Nothing until episode 6 comes out will fully convince me, so yeah...laugh at me for my obstinacy.
Old 2007-11-04, 14:13   Link #92
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Allelujah should have said something like "You're understating Gundam Kyrios!!" when he pushed back the block
I wondered about that, then I considered that maybe they shouldn't be revealing even the names of their Gundams and keep everyone thinking that the Gundams are just called Gundams?
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 14:30   Link #93
hamstar
just passing by

some comments:

-why pink? Does Sunrise insist on shooting themselves in the foot?

-halleluja's sudden personality change.....that was pretty stupid imo. It seems like they are compensating for his lack of character by just giving him a psychological disorder for viewers to awe at.

-space sniping, cutting clouds, very over the top. Did you all see how well lockon was able to snipe the tiny dots on his monitor? Well done, Sunrise.

-louise's relationship comedy = out of place for gundam.

-seems like gundam is not failing to disappoint with each successive episode.
Old 2007-11-04, 15:02   Link #94
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not that I mind, though .
Anyone wants to bet how many dress Wang will have when we reach the end of season 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
We should also bet on how many outfit Maria has then. So far we had seen 3 and she doesn't appear in every episode.
But Liu Mei has 7 already if OP also counted.

Episode 1 - 2 suits
Episode 2 - 1 suit
Episode 3 - 1 suit
Episode 4 - 1 suit
Episode 5 - 1 suit
OP - 1 suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Where did Allelujah hide Kyrios in this episode? Using the same method as they hided Virtue?
It doesn't clearly show how they transport Kyrios, but as Allelujah travel with the train on orbital elevator like Tieria did in ep 3, I think it is safe to conclude that they use same method.

Interesting thing is those Japanese schools send their aerospace engineering student to study in HRL's instead of Union's elevator. I remember the discussion in ealier episodes' theard about which group, HRL and Union, Japan should side with. It is interesting they choose to be a part of Union, but still having a tendency to rely on HRL when it is possible. It is nice to see the storywriter(s) has noticed the dilemma Japan faces. They politically and psychologically tend to side with Union, but in terms of geography and economics, they would be better off to join HRL.

PS so far we see HRL's elevator most of time with a glimpse on AEU's in ep 1 (which give an impression of military base). I am kinda wonder what Union's elevator looks like.

Last edited by herbert; 2007-11-08 at 00:17.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 16:06   Link #95
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by withered_joy View Post
I did, actually. I did, and it didn't convince me. I checked the first episode before I questioned whether it is him or not. I don't really think the hair style is the same... his hair isn't curly. Nothing until episode 6 comes out will fully convince me, so yeah...laugh at me for my obstinacy.
You'd seriously think they'd introduce a new character at this point? They aren't going to dump patrick like that.

http://images.gundams.net/albums/00_..._%28263%29.jpg

Quote:
Interesting thing is those Japanese schools send their aerospace engineering student to study in HRL's instead of Union's elevator. I remember the discussion in ealier episodes' theard about which group, HRL and Union, Japan should side with. It is interesting they choose to be a part of Union, but still having a tendency to rely on HRL when it is possible. It is nice to see the storywriter(s) has noticed the dilemma Japan faces. They politically and psychologically tend to side with Union, but in terms of geography and economics, they would be better off to join HRL.
More like convenience. It's cheaper to send students to the HRA's elevator than go half-way across the world to the Union's elevator for the exact same experience.

Plus, not all of them are at war with each other anyways.

Last edited by SoldierOfDarkness; 2007-11-04 at 16:20.
Old 2007-11-04, 17:25   Link #96
Kohitsuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
-halleluja's sudden personality change.....that was pretty stupid imo. It seems like they are compensating for his lack of character by just giving him a psychological disorder for viewers to awe at.
I saw the disorder coming from the first episode when he was just talking to himself in his cockpit. First thing I said, "There's something wrong with this guy." Also, before people complained about the characters not getting enough character development, and finally when one gets one, still complaining. I love Gundam viewers.

Quote:
-space sniping, cutting clouds, very over the top. Did you all see how well lockon was able to snipe the tiny dots on his monitor? Well done, Sunrise.
While yes, his display screen was somewhat ridiculous because it didn't zoom in at all, I don't count this out as unfeasable. Keep in mind that in the present, we have ground based telescopes for astronomy purposes, so making a telescopic system that could zoom into something that's relatively close (compared to something like..the moon, other planets in the solar system, etc) would probably be fairly easy for CB which is 300 years in the future.

If you want to bring up stuff like "beam correction" and such over such a long distance, I'm sure the computer system (or Haro, or both heh) can make the calculations fast enough, especially over a 20 second charge time for the sniper cannon. I mean, I'm sure they HAVE to be ridiculously advanced to move a humanoid robot with a couple of joysticks, feet pedals, and a few buttons.

Last edited by Kohitsuji; 2007-11-04 at 17:28. Reason: additions.
Kohitsuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 19:14   Link #97
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't see a problem in making the names of the Gundams public. At least not as long as there isn't any hidden meaning.

What I didn't really get. Was this communication line with Sergei a two-way connection? In this case they should now know the name of one of the Gundam pilots, which is IMHO worse than knowing the names of the Gundams.
good.

the dilemma should be that they want to be heartless bastards, and that everytime they help someone it comes back to bite them. Creates drama, makes the protagonists' lives harder, and gives greater moral ambiguity without a side-effect of everyone hating the cast.
Old 2007-11-04, 20:19   Link #98
Alice16uy
Alice16uy

Just watched it.

I thought it was a good episode, so far my fav. yet. Lockon was pretty 'wow' with the sniping. I love the way he look at Haro when he shoot XD It's so affectionate~ (I love this show)
I was suprised that Graham and Billy didn't appeared but evil Allelujah made up for it. Tieria is quite evil despite his appearance. He looks pretty and nice in his pink sweater but is actually a heartless guy. I really thought he was going to be a 'nice and quiet' image of the pilots but I guess not...
Alice16uy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:24   Link #99
Bocca
Banned

Tieria is one of those "By-the-book" type of person.

I'm glad this episode focused less on politics and more.....well...Gundam (like any Gundam show should be).
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 20:50   Link #100
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice16uy View Post
Tieria is quite evil despite his appearance. He looks pretty and nice in his pink sweater but is actually a heartless guy. I really thought he was going to be a 'nice and quiet' image of the pilots but I guess not...
Nice and quiet? Oh no !! You can pretty much predict how his personality base on the trailer alone. It's the eyes with hatred.
Still....I guess I don't have the right to say that, since I thought Lockon is a calm and everything-just-as-plan type of guy based on the trailer . You know, kind of like Shu Shirakawa.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote