AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-10, 14:18   Link #21
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Actually, this is not a remake of Star Ocean: First Departure, but that the game itself is named as such, while that it is the remake of Star Ocean (snes).

Spoiler:

They have renamed all the characters and improved it so much that it is very similar to SO3.
Oh, I see. In any case it is the first time it has been placed in UK stores. The only Star Ocean that was released her, officially and greatly, was in fact Star Ocean 3. When it came out, and during the build-up of before it was released, it was one of the most spoke of games here. It proved very popular and now it is very unlikely that one will find it in an average shop in town. It is a rare game now unless purchased on the internet and even that resource is quite limited to use now, with regards to this game.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 01:30   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To make philosopher's stone, you need one of the flasks that increases alchemy success rate. There's the one buyable either in Silvalant's hidden merchant or in the town Ronyx joins your party, forgot where. There's a better flask that's made by machinery.

Also, Blessing of Mana is a prereq talent, thus only spellcasters and Mavelle can do it properly.

Finally, same rules applies... which means abuse orchestra, or preferably music, to make lots and lots of stones. You can even turn in a tidy profit by making lots of Philosopher's stones, and using Group Identify to further increase your sale prices.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 02:58   Link #23
Shadow Kira01

After playing another 2-3 hours, I managed to recruit Welch which wasn't very difficult and Erys which was very difficult. I wasted nearly 2 hours just to recruit her. I couldn't find the Old Ruins and had wandered in wrong directions a few times. Apparently, it wasn't indicated on the world map and even the entrance was nowhere near suspicious either.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
To make philosopher's stone, you need one of the flasks that increases alchemy success rate. There's the one buyable either in Silvalant's hidden merchant or in the town Ronyx joins your party, forgot where. There's a better flask that's made by machinery.

Also, Blessing of Mana is a prereq talent, thus only spellcasters and Mavelle can do it properly.

Finally, same rules applies... which means abuse orchestra, or preferably music, to make lots and lots of stones. You can even turn in a tidy profit by making lots of Philosopher's stones, and using Group Identify to further increase your sale prices.
That means I should switch Millie into reserve and Mavelle back into the party, do lots of grinding and max out the skills. Apparently, Roddick doesn't have the Blessing of Mana. I got the Lezard Flask and my machinery level is very low, like Lv4 or so. For Orchestra, I only got Battle Blues which increases random encounters. For some reason, the Harmonica didn't respond for like 30+ times and I quitted. I guess I will have to work on that as well.. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-01-18 at 00:15. Reason: updated post
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 10:08   Link #24
mari_ryo
Ruka Aishiteiru

I know this thread kinda dropped but im having difficulty fighting the darkeyes despite following the FAQ. I equipped Roddick with air slicer and my party is at lvl 120 because im too mad and obsessed with leveling. However it took me more than 15 mins and yet I still can't kill those two irritating darkeyes. Is there something wrong or what? I tried restarting and it still doesn't works.
mari_ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 20:36   Link #25
geass user

dammit i miss my star ocean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if only i knew there was another way to astral city i wouldn't have changed it for final fantasy echoes of time! curse my sister for making me promise not to use the walk through any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i have to do the house chores all over again to gain money for it.

another reason why i gave up my star ocean first departure:

my stupid psp cant read my freaking memory stick anymore so that makes it very hard considering the bosses i run into and if i make mistakes and go on a high lv place and get caught in an impossible to win moment.
damn it all! im going to build a time machine that carries your soul only to that specific time where u want to be

Last edited by geass user; 2009-04-14 at 20:43. Reason: just to make it more interesting
geass user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 16:48   Link #26
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_ryo View Post
I know this thread kinda dropped but im having difficulty fighting the darkeyes despite following the FAQ. I equipped Roddick with air slicer and my party is at lvl 120 because im too mad and obsessed with leveling. However it took me more than 15 mins and yet I still can't kill those two irritating darkeyes. Is there something wrong or what? I tried restarting and it still doesn't works.
What are your party members? I am much lower level than you, mainly because I bought the sequel Second Evolution just a day after I reached the final planet and I ended up starting the game which means that I haven't played this game for over a month or possibly two but still I think I know how to defeat the Dark Eyes. I never followed the faq because printing it would cost me 2-3 packs of ink cartridges which is like around 100 bucks.. Anyways, here is my current settings..

My current main team is:

Roddick Lv87
Weapon = Silvance
Skill = Spirit Strike (very effective, especially in the Battle Arena)
Equipment = Mithril Set

Ioshua Lv67
Weapon = Rod of the Feather
Skill = Star Flare, Noah, Fohn Wind (all three are effective against anybody with the exception of Gabriel)
Accessory = tri-Emblem

Erys Lv68
Weapon = Rod of the Feather
Accessory = Faerie Ring

and the fourth character I pick randomly depending on the situation: Welch Lv58, Ilia Lv52, or Millie Lv51.

Generally, as long as you have Ioshua in your party and make sure he has the tri-Emblem and you are pretty much safe because he attacks continously to the point that I don't even do anything in battles. In the JP version, Ioshua is voiced by Fukuyama Jun and which is the reason why I picked Ioshua in my party rather than Marvel but it turned out that Ioshua is the strongest wizard in the entire team. I haven't lost a single battle except against Gabriel who can only be summoned through the use of orchestra. I can't even put a single scratch on that guy, even after multiple tries.

I am assuming that Dark Eyes is much weaker than Gabriel and to consider that you are at Lv120, which is much higher than my level at Lv87. I doubt you will have any problem against it. The battle should be over in minutes.
Old 2009-04-15, 17:22   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't think there's anything in the game that can stand up to Dragon Roar spam (just keep pressing the button as fast as possible), as long as your weapon is good enough (dueling sword is best). Even Gabby is toast just through Dragon Roar spam provided she doesn't kill you on your way in getting in range... either she's frozen in block lock, or you put her in stunlock through damage. If you manage to sneak up behind her, it's an auto win.

Or if you have Redwyrm Thundersurge already, even better, as long as they don't resist fire (of which you do, you just Dragon Roar to death). Or if you got Cyuss instead of Ashlay, then Dragon Surge launches them in the air for as long as your recovery period, so you can cheese them as well with that.

If you're using Mavelle, Galaxy practically wtfpwns every boss in the game if they get caught in the nova.

Really, there's a lot of broken techs in the game. At lvl 120, you should breeze even the optional dungeon, so I dunno why the eyes are giving you a hard time...
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 21:33   Link #28
gunshottrigun
Crazy Shrine Maiden

Send a message via AIM to gunshottrigun Send a message via MSN to gunshottrigun Send a message via Yahoo to gunshottrigun Send a message via Skype™ to gunshottrigun
I haven't picked this up yet, but I plan on it soon. It seems like an enjoyable game.