AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Old 2007-11-04, 20:30   Link #1
Dkong1026

Avenged Sevenfold

How do you guys like their new CD? Personally, I like City of Evil the best. Their earlier albums had too much screaming for my tastes (not that I dislike screamo, I just dislike M Shadows screamo ).

And what. the. hell. is up with Dear God? Is that supposed to be a country song? It was so godawful I'm surprised I made it through that song without chopping my ears off. Little Piece of Heaven is also a really hokey majokey song.....

They really need to go back to their roots instead of dabbling in all this extra crap*, IMO.

*- the extra sounds and instruments that they used
Old 2007-11-06, 17:31   Link #2
Daughter!

People say that Zachy Vengeance and Synyster Gates are such great guitarists...but they...aren't. I don't know. I don't really like their genre of music but the fact that people are calling those two some of the greatest guitarists in years is kind of bugging me because that's not true.
Daughter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 18:00   Link #3
Dkong1026

Have you listened to City of Evil? That has some of the best guitar solos of any "current" band.

But yeah, their new one is a POS in terms of good guitar. It's such a joke....yet people are calling it some of their best work. I just don't get it.
Old 2007-11-06, 21:45   Link #4
Inu_Sess__
Vinyl Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Inu_Sess__
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkong1026 View Post
Have you listened to City of Evil? That has some of the best guitar solos of any "current" band.

But yeah, their new one is a POS in terms of good guitar. It's such a joke....yet people are calling it some of their best work. I just don't get it.
Really? I have heard nothing but bad things about this album. I've never been a fan of the band, so I doubt I'll give it a go anytime soon, but I know people that like this band and they say that the S/T is just awful.
Inu_Sess__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 22:42   Link #5
Dkong1026

Well....
1. people are being positive about it on their myspace
2. most of their youtube videos are rated high
3. the comments on youtube are about 3/4 "omg this kicks ass" and like 1/4 of the type of reaction I had.
Old 2007-11-06, 23:23   Link #6
Inu_Sess__
Vinyl Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Inu_Sess__
Quote:
Well....
1. people are being positive about it on their myspace
2. most of their youtube videos are rated high
3. the comments on youtube are about 3/4 "omg this kicks ass" and like 1/4 of the type of reaction I had.
Well myspace is a pretty biased place to get the review . I'm just going by a few friends who are into this band, and a few music reviewers I know opinion of it.
Inu_Sess__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 00:48   Link #7
FullMetal Alchemist
A faded memory...

Send a message via AIM to FullMetal Alchemist
Quote:

In my opinion, that is their best album. I don't really like the new album. Maybe 3 or 4 songs out of I-forgot-how-many. That is actually what I'm listening to right now I really don't think that this is their 'best work'. Eh... I was able to copy it from one of my friends who bought it. Not that great.
FullMetal Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 15:48   Link #8
Dkong1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inu_Sess__ View Post
Well myspace is a pretty biased place to get the review .
Well....it's regular people saying regular things. It's not like it's a page full of people paid by a7x to say that they kick ass (well, maybe it is, but I kinda doubt it ).

And yeah, I mean, I do like a FEW songs off the new CD...but it's only like 2-3 out of 10.
Old 2007-11-08, 21:57   Link #9
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Well, I was a pretty big fan of Avenged Sevenfold. I think that most people who hated it didn't give it a good enough listen, cuz it was quite excellent. Seeing this thread, I decided to go find some songs from their new album...

wow. This is total shit. I'm not kidding, it's not even that it's bad, it's flat out amazingly terrible. I cannot tel you how disappointed I am - I didn't have very high hopes since I hadn't heard good things about it, but this is total crap. In all honesty, I'm saying this after only 3 songs... but I don't know if I can listen to more.

I'm not even going to talk about Critical Acclaim which was a critical blow to my health... Almost Easy was epic fail. The instrumentals are downright horrid and the guitar solo has NO emotion. I mean, I listen to Bat Country and I can feel the evil screeching down the fretboard and the whole thing just has that attitude that can't be beat. This song had nothing of the sort. Sream was also godawful. The music was just so drab - they completely lost all of the energy from CoE.

Dear God and Gunslinger both appear to be some country bullshit... yeah, I can't handdle any more of this. I'm glad I decided to check it out before I would have ended up buying it. This has been a pretty shitty year for a bunch of great bands...
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote