AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 15 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-07, 17:53   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the crazy old woman can burn >.>

but its interesting that a petition can cause a problem for shuri...but coming from this series its almost certain to be a happy outcome

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-07, 20:17   Link #22
Kristen
*Author

Boy with multiple lovers- Check
Bloody Knife- Check
Girl Randomly kissing him- Check
Sexual obsession- Check (See Magazines Ep. 01)
Girl without glimmer in her eyes- Check (Preview)

Nice Boat!
Old 2007-11-07, 20:45   Link #23
Neki Ecko
The Night is still young

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
It isnt going to be a another School Days, well I hope not. Besides Sana is a hundred times better then that "Jerk" , Sana actually cares about other people feelings. But Next episode, I will have to look at it.
Old 2007-11-07, 20:47   Link #24
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

School Days really has scarred a lot of you. That is a rare type of romance.
Spoiler for end of School Days:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-11-07 at 23:17. Reason: added spoiler tag
Old 2007-11-07, 20:58   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

Aoi's timing is impeccable. That's twice she's walked in on Sana and Hinako in a...compromising position. I get a laugh out of her reaction every time. Shuri continues to be everything I've previously stated, and this episode made me like Hinako a little more. While she's a bit demanding, and has cooking skills equal to that of Nagi Sanzenin, I find her love of all things Yeti and her still-inherent childishness (no matter what she says) to be kinda cute. She shouldn't be ashamed about sleeping with a plushie - it's charming. Even Nanaka had her moment with the cookies.

Overall, a fun little episode, and the preview was worth a few laughs. The return of the crazy old lady leaves me wondering what'll happen, though. She was creepy-crazy enough the first time.
Old 2007-11-07, 21:06   Link #26
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
School Days really has scarred a lot of you. That is a rare type of romance.
You should put spoiler tags. Not everyone has watched it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-11-07 at 23:15. Reason: removed spoiler
Old 2007-11-07, 21:15   Link #27
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I think we're overdoing the School Days Reference....
Old 2007-11-07, 21:31   Link #28
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I think we're overdoing the School Days Reference....
Yeah, but this image is just soooo nostalgic.

Spoiler for size:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-07, 21:36   Link #29
bloodyknight

The evil grandmother of the HOME strikes back!!! Does that sound right to you? Quire scary if you think about it though...
Old 2007-11-07, 21:47   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this wasn't a bad episode at all. Hinako really is a nice character and a solid loli. Besides she's 11 which makes all the difference . Got Sana's thoughts on her as well. "She's audacious, foul-mouthed, and selfish." But "She has plenty of cute points too." Gotta be odd when someone barges into your house and kicks you out so she can change. He doesn't get embarassed if he's changing, but was when she was changing.

Gotta feel for Hinako. With her mother running out on her birthday after all. Guess this sort of thing happens a lot. But everyone came together for a solid birthday party for her in the end. Shuu....what the heck was with those clothes? Oh well Hinako had fun when they all went out so that's what matters.

I guess improvement in her cooking doesn't mean it's healthy. True it ended up being a normal colour but still put both characters out. Smart move to eat out and cook breakfast before she could .

Did get to see some of her insecure side. Inviting Sana into the bed because she couldn't sleep without the Yeti. Did feel some brother sister vibes at the end. With him saying she could come over whenever she needed to and the 'thank you' kiss on the cheek. Of course I say vibes because god knows the only thing my sister and I do is try to destroy each other.

Next week is looking interesting. Creepy old woman is back and something is seriously bothering Nanaka. Maybe because of what happened in episode 5 she's thinking to whatever event has kept her from the violin. Almost think Shrui doing the Rika voice would have fit yet again. Don't think it'll go School Days. But there is something dark going on behind the scenes and questions that have to be answered.
Old 2007-11-07, 22:05   Link #31
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I don't think Hinako is a proper contender, I think she is there to lighten up the story. Pretty poor reason, but she isn't shown in the op on the stage.

I loved the way she went paedophile when he stuck his head back into his house

It was a pretty fun episode, but it is a shame that they avoided letting us hear Aoi sing karaoke!

The preview looks good.
Old 2007-11-07, 22:29   Link #32
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
School Days really has scarred a lot of you. That is a rare type of romance. I mean how many other romances are there they has characters kill of each other(Romances, none of the fighting/romances.
Oh, I was just kidding. If they were trying for a school days, they would have had much more romance involvement by now. It seems like this is much more of a feel good anime than anything else.
Besides, I don't see anything like this happening in the other romance animes I watch... Because Nagisa is TOTALLY going to go Nice Boat on Tomoya in Clannad.
Old 2007-11-07, 23:01   Link #33
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
It was a pretty fun episode, but it is a shame that they avoided letting us hear Aoi sing karaoke!
Now that you mention it, i really wish they could've shown that part and the audience reaction. It should make a unique experience.

Overall, a very heartwarming ep. It'll be perfect if there are more creepy moments like in the previous ep. Although after watching this, ep 7 will feel so creepy with the grandma making an appearance.

Last edited by plzd0ntkeelme; 2007-11-08 at 01:59.
Old 2007-11-08, 01:50   Link #34
Frenzy

Sana, might have a tough time in the future considering ep 6:
Spoiler:

So what do u think of my deduction?

Else it might be just a plain appreciation for the birthday.

Last edited by Frenzy; 2007-11-08 at 02:12.
Old 2007-11-08, 02:06   Link #35
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Sana, might have a tough time in the future considering ep 6:
Spoiler:

So what do u think of my deduction?

Else it might be just a plain appreciation for the birthday.
That was well put together, but since i don't want this good romance series to turn into a lolicon series, i would say the kiss is just a form of thank you for giving her the happiest birthday she ever had. Besides, when the three of them with Shuu went shopping, Hinako was closer to Shuu then Sana. Although that was before she knew about the surprise party.
Old 2007-11-08, 02:14   Link #36
Major1138

I don't think Sana likes Hinako anymore than as sort of a surrogate little sister. She still seems to have a huge crush on Shuu anyways, although to be fair, that might change after the birthday party. I suspect the kiss at the end was to thank him for the birthday party though - I got the impression that the only reason she went over to see Sana was because she didn't want to spend her birthday alone (although that brings up the question of why did she go to Sana in the first place, apart from "we'd have no plot otherwise"...). I'm still pretty sure it'll be Sana and Nanaka or bust in the end though.

One other thing - I am the only one who found Hinako's explanation of who bought her giant plushie somewhat awkward?
Old 2007-11-08, 02:23   Link #37
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Looks like we'll finally be getting some development for the twins next episode, but at the same time some more Nanaka development. What more could you want? Creepy old lady Kaiji will be making her return to spice the show up and make us all feel ill. For some reason Miss Yuzuki was narrarating the preview for episode 7 and the name of the episode is "Teacher's Caramel" so perhaps she will finally get some mention (crossing my fingers on this one). Hmmm, Asami was not at Hinako's party. I find it weird that she only shows up when the plot revolves around Nanaka. It's almost as if she were some kind of plot device to make Nanaka jealous . Don't worry Asami fans, I'm sure she will get better treatment in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
One other thing - I am the only one who found Hinako's explanation of who bought her giant plushie somewhat awkward?
Spoiler for Plushie:

Yeah I thought that was strange too. From this line alone, it seems that this won't be the last Hinako episode .
Old 2007-11-08, 02:32   Link #38
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
Not really, I took it to mean that her parents divorced or the father is dead.
Old 2007-11-08, 03:34   Link #39
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
10/10

I'm not sure about what this episode does to the plot as a whole, but it is extremely enjoyable and episodic like an episode out of a very good slice-of-life anime. It may not be such, but the episode stands alone as one of the most enjoyable ones I've seen this season.
Old 2007-11-08, 07:45   Link #40
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Darn it I forgot to factor in Shuu's pimp look when I voted.