AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-26, 00:33   Link #1
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Saw no thread for this, though I'd do this. As usual, it's released worldwide by Activision except for Japan, which is done by Square Enix through a deal since the former has no Japanese office. The games in Japan has a Japanese dub/sub version.

Also info on the Japanese dub cast used:

Hesh - Tomokazu Sugita (Graham Specter in Baccano!!/Leon Mishima in Macross Frontier)

Merrick - Kenta Miyake (Don Boyage in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE/Mike Zacharius in Attack on Titan)

Keegan - Hiroshi Tsuchida (Saizou/NinjaBlue in Ninja Sentai Kakuranger/Raido Namashi in Naruto)

Ajax - Yasushi Miyabayashi (Muroga Hyouma in Basilisk/ Jean Luc Silvernail in Glass Fleet)

Rorke - Kazuhiro Yamaji (Jabberwock in Beelzebub/Kazuya Mishima in the Tekken Motion Picture OVA)

Kyra - Yu Kobayashi (Sasha Browse in Attack on Titan/Setsuna Sakurazaki in most of the Negima! animated series)

I noted that at least in a forum that I go to, a few players have disliked the game for a few reasons. I think that some of these are a bit ludicrous...

Quote:

So having beat the game on Veteran (never playing this campaign again btw), I couldn't help but see all the things it referenced/borrowed from other stories to an astonishing degree. Let me name some of them.

Attack on Titan: The fricken Wall that is separating the heroes from the evil force, complete with it failing in a similar manner.

The Last of Us: The second and third levels are almost scarily like this game, especially with the wildlife and foliage covering once civilized buildings.

Black Lagoon: The entire underwater mission, complete with them using APS rifles instead of the more modern aquatic rifles.

Transformers: Dark Of The Moon: The collapsing building, complete with falling through it with debris and office supplies falling out. Heck, it even falls in a similar way.

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol: The Ghosts scale said building, complete with the same way of cutting the windows, and even hacking the security systems.

Modern Warfare 2: They attack another oil rig, in an almost blatant re-imagining of MW 2's

The Dark Knight Rises: Rorke's escape from the plane is near-identical to Bane's escape.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater: Logan's stealth section in the jungle. He even wields a suppressed pistol and combat knife in the same way as Snake, complete with radar!

Gravity The first space section. Granted, this one is probably a coincidence, but it still bears mention.

Armageddon: The second space section, complete with the same violations of space physics. XD

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: The attack on the carrier is also near identical to the same one in last year's COD.

Spec Ops: The Line: The level "Sin City" has an eerily similar landscape to Dubai in SOTL.

Goldeneye 007: The facility infiltration, complete with it being in a dark snowy area.

Uncharted: The final level is on a fricken train, complete with similar locations and enemies, not to mention the way you progress in it.

Is it just me, or does IW seem to have no ideas anymore, so they just borrow everything that they can if it looks cool enough?
Quote:

What? South American countries unite into a superpower. Look I would rather prefer if Call of Duty became more like G.I Joe. A perennial foe threatens to upset the current world order. A cast of memorable (and reusable) protagonists step up to defend... whatever. The pseudo-Tom Clancy style isn't working out IMO, especially with the series current emphasis on the theatrics
A few of them hate Ghosts cause of female soldier portrayal, especially in spec ops units. I laugh at this, especially since there are few countries that allow women to be in the frontlines like Israel and South Korea.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 01:05   Link #2
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

...What? No mention of the dog ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 01:26   Link #3
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Riley is effing awesome.

Heard the production team got the Navy SEALs to help out with mocaping an actual K9.

Also on the South American Federation as a potential enemy in a game, they should have realized that some of the countries have rich resources of oil and natural gas.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-02-26, 22:59   Link #4
allfictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Riley is effing awesome.

Heard the production team got the Navy SEALs to help out with mocaping an actual K9.

Also on the South American Federation as a potential enemy in a game, they should have realized that some of the countries have rich resources of oil and natural gas.
I would have liked the Federation actually be an alliance of various Southern powers with each clearly defined, instead of simply Venezula conquering all of South-America unimpeded which is about as silly as North-Korea taking all of Asia, in spite of the Ghosts killing the guy in charge a decade ago and the capital being flooded. They're just a rehash of the Ultranationalists, but without any actual figureheads or army teleportation powers.

And they inexplicably incorporate a number of resurrected Yellow Peril tropes including "exotic Amazonian torture methods" and Manchurian Candidate agents. The Ghosts are, well, standard COD protagonists, even being less morally ambiguous than the SAS from Modern Warfare.

The game is full of plotholes. No explanation is given as to how the US managed to defend a Federation land assault outside of the cities.

Or why the Federation did not get nuked by the US after they just killed off 27 million US citizens...

Phenomena that can be explained in words cannot be described as absurd.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 11:55   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

It is unfortunate that it had implications. It seems that most games have them, even in Modern Warfare 2 no less.