AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-08, 02:12   Link #21
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I still stand by the fact that the evokers don't look anything like real guns. One might as well be arrested from holding a water gun, or one of those revolver cap gun thingies I've used when I was a kid. BB guns look FAR more dangerous and are FAR larger than evokers, and you don't see anyone getting arrested for that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 02:22   Link #22
Mithos Y

Location: Ontario, Canada; in a little town called Richmond Hill
Not arrested, per se, but confiscated, yes. I have a BB gun at home fashioned after a handgun, so they're not all big and bulky.

I do agree though that gun enforcement can be ridiculous when carried out zealously. A police officer probably would confiscate an evoker. When I first saw one, the general shape of it reminded me of a Luger.
Old 2007-11-08, 03:42   Link #23
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithos Y View Post
I wonder how Yukari would look 10 years older...

I think this could be a good thing, though as per Jesus Christnekoff's advice I'm going to be cautiously optimistic. I wonder how the battles will be handled. Nothing like Pokemon, I hope.

I liked the evoker idea. It demonstrated the intrinistic nature of the persona and the host human, served to support the recurring motif of death, and furthered the game's dark nature that juxtaposes so nicely with its light side. A bunch of kids just spontaneously summoning magical spirits out of nowhere wouldn't have worked.
I'm more interested in Aegis. I wonder if she will still be functioning 10 years after the original story. If she does make an appearance and is still functioning, I wonder what kind of job would she be doing? XD
Old 2007-11-08, 07:44   Link #24
MeganeShounen
The Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
I'm more interested in Aegis. I wonder if she will still be functioning 10 years after the original story. If she does make an appearance and is still functioning, I wonder what kind of job would she be doing? XD
Spoiler:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 08:04   Link #25
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Personally I found the evoker far more interesting than hearing the characters shout "Perrssooonnaaaa" which IMO is wwaaaaaayyyy cheesy, its like staring at cheese itself.

As for the anime, I look forward to some cameo if ever there will be. xO
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 14:40   Link #26
XiaNaphryz

I'm guessing something happens 10 years later to
Spoiler:
which is why the inside-out dead people are starting to run around. I'd expect at least some cameo appearances from the main P3 game cast, at least Kirijo and Aigis anyway. Would be neat to see all of the cast in their late 20s though.

/waves to duckroll
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 13:00   Link #27
XiaNaphryz

Anime website is up, not much info yet.

Famitsu also has some info and character sketches (need to copy and paste for the URL to work, so I'm not linking it directly): http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1211732_1558.html
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 14:25   Link #28
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Well, what do you know? I'm 170+ hours into the game, and nearly reaching the end, and I've been thinking, "If they turned Fate/Stay Night into an anime, chances are good they'd do the same for Persona 3."

It feels good to guess right every now and then. If only I were this lucky with my lotto numbers.

I'm glad that the anime wouldn't be based on Persona 3, but rather on events 10 years after. No worries then about how the anime isn't faithful to its source material and any other such potential gripes. I do wonder if they still have to use Evokers to summon their personae -- like Mithos_Y and DragoonKain3, I liked the edginess conveyed by the teenage pseudo-suicides. Certainly not lame in my opinion. Furthermore, it is part of the game's motif of death. I believe that it was Yukari who mentioned at one point that it's as though they were losing their innocence each time they fought in Tartarus. I'd imagine "shooting" yourself in the head every night would have that kind of effect...

Actually, given censorship laws and the inevitable need to market the anime to the widest possible audience, I doubt they'd retain the Evokers in the new show.

Nonetheless, I'd still look forward to this show come January 2008 (even though I don't hold particularly high hopes for the anime -- I hated Fate/Stay Night, truth be told). Meanwhile, it's back to dating Yukari. How can you not fall in love with a girl who bakes you a chocolate cake on Christmas Eve?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 21:46   Link #29
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz View Post
Anime website is up, not much info yet.

Famitsu also has some info and character sketches (need to copy and paste for the URL to work, so I'm not linking it directly): http://www.famitsu.com/anime/news/1211732_1558.html
The site actually has quite a bit of new information about the storyline. The brothers reunite, Apathy Syndrome is back, students being murdered and a mystery organisation. All the dark style stuff P3 had. I'm guessing the series will start off with a missing submarine crew.

Those sketches give a tiny bit of insight to the characters too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Well, what do you know? I'm 170+ hours into the game, and nearly reaching the end, and I've been thinking, "If they turned Fate/Stay Night into an anime, chances are good they'd do the same for Persona 3."

I'm glad that the anime wouldn't be based on Persona 3, but rather on events 10 years after. No worries then about how the anime isn't faithful to its source material and any other such potential gripes. I do wonder if they still have to use Evokers to summon their personae -- like Mithos_Y and DragoonKain3, I liked the edginess conveyed by the teenage pseudo-suicides. Certainly not lame in my opinion. Furthermore, it is part of the game's motif of death. I believe that it was Yukari who mentioned at one point that it's as though they were losing their innocence each time they fought in Tartarus. I'd imagine "shooting" yourself in the head every night would have that kind of effect...

Actually, given censorship laws and the inevitable need to market the anime to the widest possible audience, I doubt they'd retain the Evokers in the new show.
I've heard of 90 hours or so but 170? Is your clock wrong? ^^;

I agree with the no "potential gripes" part and how fun it was to see the Evoker guns being used. It's cool, unique and funny at the same time. Funny when I hear Yukari crying out, "Help me!" and then seeing her pull the trigger on herself

They'll probably leave it out for the reasons you mentioned.

I actually want to see the old cast brought back somehow. They did fight to help stop the Apathy Syndrome in the first place and now it's back. They'll have to be curious about it.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 22:11   Link #30
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post

The game is quite long I'm at 75 + hours right now with less then two months still left I should finished around of 90 hours total and that's with me skipping some side missions.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 00:29   Link #31
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp
Two words: Fusion experiments.

Plus, I've often fell asleep while playing the game....well, I do work during the day, you know, I can't help it when the reptitive grind gets to me....
Old 2007-11-10, 19:09   Link #32
Jesus Christnekoff

Spoiler for Grumpy Post:

Anyway:
Shin, our protagonist, keeps a necklace with a feather on it (I think that's what its saying?), as a memento of his father.

Ryuu, our big brother, went into police force and became the youngest superintendent in history of ever, because he's trying to solve a certain case. I'm not sure what superintendent translates to in American terms? Like, what that police ranking would be here in the United States. If you guys know, feel free to interject.

Jun is the youngest brother. Their parents disappeared eight years ago? Apparently he was in an accident around that time, and has become sort of subdued ever since? Or is sickly/dying? Or has become frail and fragile? It looks like it might be The!Anime!Disease (The unspecified, fatal disease seen in anime, comics, and games where the victim has vaguely flu-like symptoms, is frequently tired and almost always confined to bedrest. You know which one I'm talking about!)
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 06:48   Link #33
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Um? Like, some of the P3 characters say "Persona" when they summon, and every character from the previous 3 games had 3 or 4 different summoning quotes a piece that didn't include the word "Persona."
I still think that having the evoker made things more interesting, I remember they did have other summoning quotes but from my experience playing 1 and 2 the characters shouting "persona" was far more frequent in which their voices got stuck in my head for some time. xD

Quote:
Well, slight difference here is that the first 3 Persona games were all heavily interconnected and followed the same storyline.
The 2nd games had connection with the first one but they sure didn't follow the same storyline.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 08:29   Link #34
MeganeShounen
The Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christnekoff View Post
It looks like it might be The!Anime!Disease (The unspecified, fatal disease seen in anime, comics, and games where the victim has vaguely flu-like symptoms, is frequently tired and almost always confined to bedrest. You know which one I'm talking about!)
First off, thanks for spoiling the Episode Aigis ending for me.
No sarcasm here. Really. I appreciated it, since it'll be a loooong while (if it's even remotely possible) before I can play the game...

Spoiler for the game plot stuff that's not really related to this anime:

And is that certain disease Tubercolosis or something? I've seen a few people in anime inflicted with that and exhibiting the same symptoms.. although with the common "cough up blood on your hand or napkin" thing. Or maybe Jun was just born with a weak body?

Actually, that sickness reminds me of Nagisa in CLANNAD. *hint hint*
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 12:45   Link #35
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Well, well, well.....let the bandwagon roll.

Persona - The Movie

Can someone please translate what it says?
Old 2007-11-14, 05:17   Link #36
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Well, well, well.....let the bandwagon roll.

Persona - The Movie

Can someone please translate what it says?
This has nothing to do with the game. It's just a coincidental title.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 20:37   Link #37
HikariKaZe
Student Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
This has nothing to do with the game. It's just a coincidental title.
Lol.. That one shocked me as well.. Yep.. Coincidental title..
Old 2007-11-14, 20:47   Link #38
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Well, I suspected it was too good to be true.
Old 2007-11-16, 07:51   Link #39
chinadoll_sakura

Send a message via Yahoo to chinadoll_sakura
that's so funny you mention the pokemon thing Mithos. My friend and I were talking about how we wanted an anime based on P3 but he said he was afraid that it would turn out like some pokemon kind of thing. And in response to whoever said they would like to see Yuka tan 10 years later, I would also but I would love to see everyone 10 years later. I would love to see adult Ken!
chinadoll_sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-21, 07:36   Link #40
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Yep.... I want to see the P3 characters in the movie....
Also.... I wonder if the P3's protagonist's seal has broken or not....
About the gun..... Well.... it's kinda dangerous for them to use gun....
What IF someone change the evoker with a real gun.... It'll be funny...
The protagonist said "PERSONA" and then he shot his head and it's not persona that appeared.... but it's blood.....
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural