AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-09-18, 05:39   Link #581
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Just finished watching this anime. Although there're many confusing bits, at least they aren't too confusing like that in Noein, so I could keep watching. And the dark and melancholic atmosphere is executed nicely throughout the series. Characterisation is also pretty good, as well as the animation and music.

I especially like ep 24, where they devote more time to showing the childhood of the characters.

It's a shame that Ryou has to die at the end, but I'm just glad that Shin isn't left alone. He's such a tragic character.

Overall, I'd give this series a 8/10.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 05:55   Link #582
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Just finished watching this anime. Although there're many confusing bits, at least they aren't too confusing like that in Noein, so I could keep watching.
You found Noein confusing? Sure it had its moments, though everything was explained and made sense in the end. Same goes for this series actually. People complained about it, and still are doing though for me it all made sense in the end, and i can see it under a different light.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 05:35   Link #583
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
yeah.. I get the multiple possibilities thing in Noein, but there seems to be more that I didn't get. Been a while since I watched it, that's the impression I have of it now.

I agree. Watching the series twice would probably make it more understandable, now that all mysteries are revealed. I really like the atmosphere of PERSONA, the action and everyday life are nicely balanced. Too much action might take away the finer points in character development, one reason that I can't stick with Kaze no Stigma.

forgot to add, it's so sad that Yuki could have been saved but Ryu was tricked into signing her life away!
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:44   Link #584
RamzaOwns
GUN道奥義 「賢者の舞」
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
yeah.. I get the multiple possibilities thing in Noein, but there seems to be more that I didn't get. Been a while since I watched it, that's the impression I have of it now.

I agree. Watching the series twice would probably make it more understandable, now that all mysteries are revealed. I really like the atmosphere of PERSONA, the action and everyday life are nicely balanced. Too much action might take away the finer points in character development, one reason that I can't stick with Kaze no Stigma.

forgot to add, it's so sad that Yuki could have been saved but Ryu was tricked into signing her life away!
hmm i thought he was saying the truth when he said that she cant be saved
RamzaOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 18:00   Link #585
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaOwns View Post
hmm i thought he was saying the truth when he said that she cant be saved
well... it was in ep 26 when Shin was fighting with his brother and got a piece of his memory about Ryou talking with the doctor (forgot his name) and suspecting how Yuki could have been saved.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 05:05   Link #586
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: City of Angels
Looks like a good anime... will check it out

Last edited by CuXe; 2008-11-08 at 05:27.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 20:21   Link #587
tyciol
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Hey guys, this series is a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3, right?

Trinity Soul's 26 episodes may be licensed, but I just found out that there were other anime produced previously also based on the SMT series. It doesn't look like they are licensed, but it doesn't seem like they were worked on...

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/S...nsei:_DeviChil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Me...Children#Anime

According to this, a 50 episode anime ran in 2000 called Devil Children. There is no tracker for this, I don't know what it means.

In 2002, a 2nd 52 episode season ran called Light and Dark. This has a tracker:
http://animesuki.com/series.php/1545.html

Someone has done the first episode of it, but I'm not sure if I should watch it because it seems like you'd have to see the first DC anime before watching LaD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ei_media#Anime
lists Digital Devil OVA from 87 which was licensed
http://animesuki.com/series.php/573.html

I am thinking, since LightDark and DigitalDevil do not have forums to link to, could we perhaps link their trackers' forum links to this existing thread?

There is also a "Shin Megami Tensei: Tōkyō Mokushiroku" from 1995 which like the original Devil Children, has no tracker. So if we ever find that someone has subbed them, I hope any created trackers can link here.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
shounen, supernatural

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.