AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-08, 21:00   Link #221
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Spoiler for Ep5 (raw):

We need more KasaDojo fanservice, not just Dojo fan service!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 23:03   Link #222
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I just watched eps 4 and 5 together, and I have to say that my enjoyment of this show jumped up a couple of notches. It's plenty serious, but not heavy, and has a reasonable mixture of philosophy, plot, character, action, and romance. I have to admit that character and romance are the most interesting to me personally out of that list.
Spoiler for ep5:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 02:02   Link #223
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 5 RAW:

Last edited by Kakulukiam; 2008-05-09 at 02:13.
Kakulukiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 05:58   Link #224
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Episode 5 summary + screenshots is up in THAT Anime Blog.

Oh oh

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 21:25   Link #225
usagijen

ok, this is quite delayed but anyways.

Here goes my 'deep frying' comparison of episode 2 and the novel/manga counterpart, for those who want to know what they're missing out on

The Missing Library War Files #2~

Enjoy!
Old 2008-05-10, 23:09   Link #226
nanafan
horo fan

episode 5 was great. i thought her parents would freak out more about her job, but not so much. i wish they gave full previews at the end of the show.

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 17:42   Link #227
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Kaku your siggy made me LOL irl.

Ah the episode was pretty fun...Especially enjoyed the father, since the parents in most anime are usually either non-existant, childish, or having really annoying personalities it seems these days...But this guy showed a great deal of knowledge and understanding of the situation.

Nice line from Kasa also to her mother about it being ok if other peoples children are put in harms way instead of her...Rarely get that kindof clarity of thought from the resident baka.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 17:57   Link #228
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post

Ah the episode was pretty fun...Especially enjoyed the father, since the parents in most anime are usually either non-existant, childish, or having really annoying personalities it seems these days...But this guy showed a great deal of knowledge and understanding of the situation.

Nice line from Kasa also to her mother about it being ok if other peoples children are put in harms way instead of her...Rarely get that kindof clarity of thought from the resident baka.
true, i like her parents, and yes even kasahara can make sense at times lol. that would be funny if they visit her again. her parents are pretty cool imo, both pretty supportive afterwards

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
Old 2008-05-12, 21:37   Link #229
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The part when Kasahara's mom elbowed Iku was a win! XP

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 08:49   Link #230
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Oi, thank you.

Uh oh
according to Menclave, the RAW provider for Toshokan Sensou, Kaiba and Speed Drive got arrested.
Old 2008-05-13, 10:13   Link #231
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2008-05-13, 10:15   Link #232
nanafan
horo fan

yeah i loled at the attempts from hiding stuff from her parents hysterical!

Old 2008-05-13, 13:04   Link #233
comatose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakulukiam View Post
Uh oh
according to Menclave, the RAW provider for Toshokan Sensou, Kaiba and Speed Drive got arrested.
Where? oO I looked on their site and don't see anything about this.
comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 14:27   Link #234
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by comatose View Post
Where? oO I looked on their site and don't see anything about this.
page 3 on the comments:
http://www.mymenclave.com/?p=367&cp=3#comments

According to some user this person was the only (high quality) raw provider of Toshokan Sensou.
Old 2008-05-13, 14:30   Link #235
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There were 3 uploaders who were arrested by police in Japan the other day (caught using the Share program to upload material that had been presented on *pay* tv cable). However, the article was fairly vague and provided no names or much about what material. They did mention Gundam and some live-action movies I think.
The article gave the impression that the "horror" was more that they uploaded content from premium channel television. If I can find the news link again, I'll update this post.

edit: also, apparently - its not necessarily that anyone directly responsible for the raws used by most of the fansubbers were involved. Its just that everyone has their heads down until its clear what happened and how (what technical means were used).

Expect most raws for most series to be slower forthcoming for a little while.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-05-13 at 16:38.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 00:56   Link #236
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Regarding Ep5, I wonder if anyone felt it was as much about Dojo meeting his potential parents-in-law as it was about Kasahara trying (unsuccessfully) to hide the truth from her parents.

If you think about it, Kasahara's dad is very much like an older version of Dojo. (He even meets the height requirement!) He dotes on his wife, even though she seems a bit like a bimbo (not in a bad way, er, you know what I mean ). He seems like a firm, discerning individual who accepts reason without forcing it down other people's throats.

Mr Kasahara noticed right away that Iku trusts Dojo very much. He's a sharp cookie. Mr Kasahra couldn't have missed Dojo's flustered tone when he accidentally said that Kasahara is a very "precious" subordinate. Consider the kinds of questions he asks Dojo, for example, "What do you think of my daughter, as a librarian?" That is almost the same as asking, "What do you think of my daughter, as a wife?"

Most of all, the way Mr Kasahara asked Dojo to take care of Iku is almost the same way a father would ask a son-in-law to take care of his daughter. I've seen so many weddings by now, I'm telling you, the tone and situation is unmistakably similar, hehe.

(Dojo was beaten in more ways than one by the end of the episode!)

By the way, I think Mr Kasahara had already read the magazine the night before Iku tried desperately to hide it from her mother at the library. She may have not realised, but Iku's father did her the immense favour of keeping Mrs Kasahara in the dark.

Finally, a small note on Bae Yong Joon, South Korea's most lethal "aunty-killer". He is so immensely popular among middle-aged and married women that they literally mob the airport whenever he visits Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and even Thailand. Frankly, I completely fail to understand his attraction, but then again, I'm not a middle-aged woman.
Old 2008-05-15, 05:40   Link #237
wao
OK.

I keep forgetting to come to this thread, but it's such a fun anime as usual - I like the way they play on people's perceptions such as when Shibasaki went to get Kasahara's uniform and Kasahara was worried that the length difference would be obvious. I get the feeling most anime wouldn't deal with details like that, but that's why it's so fun to watch this show.

And I'm not someone experienced in the ways of life, neither do I have a nose for romantic relationships, but the way Kasahara's father treated Dojo it felt like nothing but a Fatherly Stamp of Approval - please date my daughter, I wouldn't mind at all (wink nudge etc). ...With a bit more subtlety but, well...

Also I missed out on this for ages and I dunno if it's been brought up on this thread but some people might be interested to know that Yamamoto Yutaka (you know, Yamakan) is storyboarding episode 8, although he's not directing it. Just fyi.
Old 2008-05-15, 13:28   Link #238
nanafan
horo fan

i agree with the aspect that kasahara's dad gave an approval, her dad is really smart he picked up that iku trusts dojo a lot. i also like how he defended her when her mom wanted her to quit her job. i do see that dojo is getting more insight into iku, and he's growing fond of her i think.

Old 2008-05-15, 17:06   Link #239
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Episode 6 - Funny Dojo caps:
Old 2008-05-16, 03:43   Link #240
TinyRedLeaf
. . .

Spoiler for Episode 6 (raw) first impressions:

Tags